Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 10:37:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Solar flare erupted today, effects arrive on earth Thursday (Threat to Bitcoin?)  (Read 1640 times)
DrG
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1035

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 08:13:44 AM

It's FUD currently but yes if the Sun decides to have a bad moment of indigestion we're basically putting the Earth through a giant MRI and everything would arc and toast.  At the point I don't care about my Bitcoin but rather how many rounds and water bottles I have.
minerpumpkin

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

A pumpkin mines 27 hours a night

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 12:48:59 PM

Those eruptions happen on a rather regular basis. Sometimes some satellites really are disturbed, I believe my TV signal was a bit shaky last night, but most of the times no serious outages actually happen. It's just FUD in order to gain page impressions or sell newspapers.

I should have gotten into Bitcoin back in 1992...
RedDiamond

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 01:26:45 PM

"The larger of the two coronal mass ejections (CME) will hit sometime between late Friday morning and mid-day. The first CME arrived Thursday night.

These storms may cause radio communications problems and GPS signal degradation as well as lead to some voltage irregularities in the power grids in the northern latitudes of the U.S.

But the problems "are expected to be manageable and not cause any major disruptions to power transmission," said Thomas Berger, director of the U.S. Space Weather Prediction Center. "

http://www.computerworld.com/article/2643093/strong-solar-storm-set-to-arrive-wont-fry-electronics.html
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: