1 - 0 (0%)
2 - 0 (0%)
Other - 0 (0%)
1 - 0 (0%)
2 - 0 (0%)
3 - 0 (0%)
2 - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 0

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 222 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] MonetaryUnit [MUE] - POS. MasterNodes. Funding. Governance. Services. Devs  (Read 450638 times)
Mue (OP)

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

MonetaryUnit. For Me,yoU,Everybody.

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2014, 07:42:53 AM

we added Monetary unit.

Can you please confirm what your fees are, as I cannot see them on your website, and this needs to be added to our ANN.
If you can post here so that it is official and public.
Thanks

MonetaryUnit > Homepage **

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Mue (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2014, 08:26:10 AM

sorry about that, 2% fee!

we can change it to 1 if we start to get miners.  Grin
Thank you for the swift response.
I have updated the ANN.
Thank you for supporting MonetaryUnit.

Atomicat
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 08:47:11 AM

Is this coin dead? How many months since launch? still no exchange.  Sad
no exchange
big premine(not shared premine address)
no promotion

same like most altcoins its dead

Just look at the long list of hyped, highly promoted coin launches, on exchanges immediately, pumped...and then the big dump and walk away.
If MonetaryUnit isn't fitting that mould and disappointing you, then good.
This isn't a 3 month project, looking a lot further ahead than that.
If you don't "get" this coin, that's fine, it's not going to appeal to everyone, in fact, it probably won't appeal to most on here, but history shows that most of the coins that do, usually end up on the same pile after a few months, save the true minority of coins that actually show some longevity.

please put the premine address next to the block explorer on the OP ,so that we could check it any time.
Fair point, done.

Another explaination is that this coin does not attract any attention from the market. Grin

They burn themselves out like ebola, what we want is the common cold.  Wink  I have to wonder though, if this is to be a cpu-only coin, why have pools at all?  I haven't bothered putting in any time seeing if I could get sgminer and quark kernel working on this because it would seem to go against the whole idea of the thing.  I say keep it CPU only, period.  It should also be made resistant to cloud computing, digital ocean droplets, things like that.  How about a straight-up limit on hash rate?  That would seem to cut right to the chase eh?
Mue (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2014, 09:57:58 AM
Last edit: September 23, 2014, 10:29:04 AM by Mue

Is this coin dead? How many months since launch? still no exchange.  Sad
no exchange
big premine(not shared premine address)
no promotion

same like most altcoins its dead

Just look at the long list of hyped, highly promoted coin launches, on exchanges immediately, pumped...and then the big dump and walk away.
If MonetaryUnit isn't fitting that mould and disappointing you, then good.
This isn't a 3 month project, looking a lot further ahead than that.
If you don't "get" this coin, that's fine, it's not going to appeal to everyone, in fact, it probably won't appeal to most on here, but history shows that most of the coins that do, usually end up on the same pile after a few months, save the true minority of coins that actually show some longevity.

please put the premine address next to the block explorer on the OP ,so that we could check it any time.
Fair point, done.

Another explaination is that this coin does not attract any attention from the market. Grin

They burn themselves out like ebola, what we want is the common cold.  Wink  I have to wonder though, if this is to be a cpu-only coin, why have pools at all?  I haven't bothered putting in any time seeing if I could get sgminer and quark kernel working on this because it would seem to go against the whole idea of the thing.  I say keep it CPU only, period.  It should also be made resistant to cloud computing, digital ocean droplets, things like that.  How about a straight-up limit on hash rate?  That would seem to cut right to the chase eh?

So, the next big strategy for MUE is a huge advertising campaign with this tag line;
"MonetaryUnit ; The common cold of cryptocurrency".  Reward coming your way  Tongue

I do see what you are saying, and it makes sense, though would require a significant investment in development work if it is feasible at all.
Having a pool(s) does offer something for those who just "like" it that way, and I think it is good to have several appealing factors to try to attract people to get involved with MonetaryUnit.

If you did want to experiment with mining software, I got it up and running in minutes using the Quark miner.
Download the MonetaryUnit wallet then the Quark CPU miner www.MonetaryUnit.org/downloads and extract the CPU miner to desktop.
Create a file in the same folder as the CPU miner called start.cmd with the following contents (amend your wallet address);

minerd64_sse4.exe -a quark -t 1 -o stratum+tcp://www.muepool.com:3333 -u muewalletaddress -p anything

If you want to use more than one CPU thread, change "-t 1" to "-t n"
Then use command prompt to navigate to the start.cmd file.

I will write that up in a "nicer" way for the FAQ section of our site.

Atomicat
Legendary

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 11:23:58 AM

So, the next big strategy for MUE is a huge advertising campaign with this tag line;
"MonetaryUnit ; The common cold of cryptocurrency".  Reward coming your way  Tongue

I do see what you are saying, and it makes sense, though would require a significant investment in development work if it is feasible at all.
Having a pool(s) does offer something for those who just "like" it that way, and I think it is good to have several appealing factors to try to attract people to get involved with MonetaryUnit.

If you did want to experiment with mining software, I got it up and running in minutes using the Quark miner.
Download the MonetaryUnit wallet then the Quark CPU miner www.MonetaryUnit.org/downloads and extract the CPU miner to desktop.
Create a file in the same folder as the CPU miner called start.cmd with the following contents (amend your wallet address);

minerd64_sse4.exe -a quark -t 1 -o stratum+tcp://www.muepool.com:3333 -u muewalletaddress -p anything

Once again I'm dropping in here on my last scan before crashola.  Just checked the numbers and it looks like that version of Minerd and whatever code is in the wallet are pretty much the same (and why wouldn't they be).  I get the same hash rate (about 145Kh/s) from 7 threads on my FX-8350 (not overclocked atm).  So then what's easier for Ma Kettle?  That long string command with possible misspellings, pool, wallet address etc, or just "setgenerate true 7"?  What I looked at briefly the other night was weather the sgminer quark kernel used GPU or just plain CPU.  Only had a quick poke at it because I was VERY tired.  Sgminer has forked so many times in the last half a year that the syntax has become muddled a bit.  Can be a pain to the frustrated and bleary-eyed.

This scene has me looking at getting back into coding but it has been a LONG time.  Just had a thought... last code I wrote was back in 2001.  Automated myself out of a job at a small ISP.  Yeah, go me eh!  So now I think, how much change was there between that and the first stuff I was doing in oh, Borland Pascal?  On the other hand, what the hell, so what if I'm starting from scratch?  I still speak fluent 6502, learned Autocad Lisp (and that's a MOFO), I can handle this.  Excellsior!

Edit:  *Sigh*  How did I miss that?  Oh right, tired and a 1 looks like a 7 and I forgot to 'save' before running.  So the wallet software is definitely much slower than Minerd.  I was seeing it's performance on 1 thread, not 7.  Now I've gotta wonder why it was showing 140Kh/s with 1 thread, but now individual threads showing 100Kh/s.  For the morning.
Mue (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2014, 11:31:55 AM

Once again I'm dropping in here on my last scan before crashola.  Just checked the numbers and it looks like that version of Minerd and whatever code is in the wallet are pretty much the same (and why wouldn't they be).  I get the same hash rate (about 145Kh/s) from 7 threads on my FX-8350 (not overclocked atm).  So then what's easier for Ma Kettle?  That long string command with possible misspellings, pool, wallet address etc, or just "setgenerate true 7"?  What I looked at briefly the other night was weather the sgminer quark kernel used GPU or just plain CPU.  Only had a quick poke at it because I was VERY tired.  Sgminer has forked so many times in the last half a year that the syntax has become muddled a bit.  Can be a pain to the frustrated and bleary-eyed.

This scene has me looking at getting back into coding but it has been a LONG time.  Just had a thought... last code I wrote was back in 2001.  Automated myself out of a job at a small ISP.  Yeah, go me eh!  So now I think, how much change was there between that and the first stuff I was doing in oh, Borland Pascal?  On the other hand, what the hell, so what if I'm starting from scratch?  I still speak fluent 6502, learned Autocad Lisp (and that's a MOFO), I can handle this.  Excellsior!

I think you're just the type of person we need round here.
You are very welcome! Smiley

As difficulty increases mining in a pool should get better more regular payouts....

Atomicat
Legendary

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 11:51:48 AM

I think you're just the type of person we need round here.
You are very welcome! Smiley

As difficulty increases mining in a pool should get better more regular payouts....

Woot!  Ok, this was a nice way to end the eve.  Figured from the peer data that rpcport=29947.  Now mining directly to wallet.  Same speed of course, just smoother, less net traffic.  And ping, block just came in.  *sigh*  System running a bit warm.  Must brush off the rads in the morning.
Miraged

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 12:35:58 PM

My CPU is bored so I will try this one out Smiley. I wish luck to this finding an exchange.

STIPEND ● ● ● the Freelancer's Currency
 ▬▬ ● Proof of Stake / Masternodes   |  Beta ● ▬▬ 
ANN Thread Whitepaper Discord Twitter Medium
Mue (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2014, 12:47:19 PM

My CPU is bored so I will try this one out Smiley. I wish luck to this finding an exchange.
Will be great to have you on board.
We are looking at options for an exchange though this is something that we do not want to rush.
Too many coins rush into getting listed on an exchange and after the initial frenzy are not heard of again.
Thanks for the interest and support for MUE.

sdersdf3

Activity: 280

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 02:57:31 PM

This is old coin as I understand, no exchanges and standalone miner.
Mining is just for fun?

Any special point to this coin beyond being an attempted btc magnet?
Mue (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2014, 03:03:17 PM

This is old coin as I understand, no exchanges and standalone miner.
Mining is just for fun?

Any special point to this coin beyond being an attempted btc magnet?
Good question.
You've obviously read the ANN, and visited the website and had time to formulate an opinion, would be good to hear it.
What do you think?

As for MonetaryUnit being a BTC magnet, not sure what you mean exactly?

Atomicat
Legendary

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 03:10:13 PM

Good news.  Just checked out sgminer with quarkcoin kernel.  Looks like it's fairly comparable to cpu mining so although you can use gpu for mining it doesn't have the tremendous advantage over cpu of say, scrypt.  My 6850 was getting 650 Kh/s and my 7950 had issues, probably with these 14.6 beta drivers, but wasn't showing anything extraordinary either.  Looks like this levels the playing field.  Still plenty of coins out there for the big rigs.
Mue (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2014, 03:13:54 PM

Good news.  Just checked out sgminer with quarkcoin kernel.  Looks like it's fairly comparable to cpu mining so although you can use gpu for mining it doesn't have the tremendous advantage over cpu of say, scrypt.  My 6850 was getting 650 Kh/s and my 7950 had issues, probably with these 14.6 beta drivers, but wasn't showing anything extraordinary either.  Looks like this levels the playing field.  Still plenty of coins out there for the big rigs.

Thanks Atomicat, appreciate the time and effort you've taken to look at this.
It is good news as well, and hopefully vindicates the choice of the Quark algorithm for this coin to bring some "fairness" to mining for MUE.
That said, there are still plenty of CPU farms and botnets out there with significant influence...hopefully MUE will go under the radar long enough  Smiley

Camus

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 03:29:34 PM

Is this coin dead? How many months since launch? still no exchange.  Sad

you can pull it up Grin Grin
bitcurrenty

Activity: 129
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 04:42:04 PM

{
"blocks" : 131355,
"currentblocksize" : 0,
"currentblocktx" : 0,
"difficulty" : 47.13013139,
"errors" : "",
"generate" : false,
"genproclimit" : 1,
"hashespersec" : 0,
"pooledtx" : 1,
"testnet" : false
}

What's happend? The diff has grown from 9 to 47 within the past 24 hours.

theboccet
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 04:59:02 PM
Last edit: September 23, 2014, 05:14:03 PM by theboccet

{
}

i think it's because of my 19Mh rented rig and many others with big hashrate that mine solo Grin Grin Grin

¦¦¦¦¦¦¦______
¦¦¦¦_¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦_
¦¦¦¦¦¦¯¦¦¦¦¦¦¯¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦_¦¦¦¦¦¦_¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¯¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¯
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¯¯¯¯¯¯
   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦

¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦

¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¯¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¯
¦¦¦¦¦¯
   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¯¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¯¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¯¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¯¦_¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦_¦_¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
MONETARYUNIT
.......for Me, U & Everyone.......
[/
P4rkeR

Activity: 95
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 05:26:12 PM

No trading platform ?
Atomicat
Legendary

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 06:07:49 AM
Last edit: September 24, 2014, 06:20:50 AM by Atomicat

{
}

i think it's because of my 19Mh rented rig and many others with big hashrate that mine solo Grin Grin Grin

Too funny.  This is the first time I've been curious enough to look up mining rig rental prices.... and I ran across this rig on first click.

https://www.miningrigrentals.com/rigs/7175/

So, three days for about five bucks?  Was it worth it?  How thin are the margins with that?  
Atomicat
Legendary

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 06:30:14 AM

It is good news as well, and hopefully vindicates the choice of the Quark algorithm for this coin to bring some "fairness" to mining for MUE.
That said, there are still plenty of CPU farms and botnets out there with significant influence...hopefully MUE will go under the radar long enough  Smiley

I've heard a lot of "Dogecoin doesn't deserve..." griping in the last year but that's precisely why it IS.  When I first got introduced to this scene I was bugging my buddy about all the different details, technical shit.  He told me to just stop, that it didn't mean a thing, and that the only thing that mattered was the community backing.  I've seen that's precisely true.  With very few exceptions all the coins are basically clones with big "Sucks 50% Less!" stickers on them.  Doge is the only coin which has made some minor inroads into commerce, and that is the only thing that matters, period.  Just thought of the worst metaphor, but it fits perfectly.  Like Claudius in the court of Calligula, playing the idiot until it's safe to come out.

Of course it wasn't the miners who made out well during the gold-rush, it was their suppliers.  It looks like it's all going to come down to electricity costs, and bonus points for cooling.  Manitoba is going to be one of those puddles in the desert one of these days.  Our juice here actually costs less than in Iceland.  6c khr vs 10c, quite the difference.  Might have to talk to a friend or two about this, get something going.
Mue (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2014, 08:02:06 AM
Last edit: September 24, 2014, 12:59:47 PM by Mue

{
}

Too funny.  This is the first time I've been curious enough to look up mining rig rental prices.... and I ran across this rig on first click.

https://www.miningrigrentals.com/rigs/7175/

So, three days for about five bucks?  Was it worth it?  How thin are the margins with that?  

hmmm I think it's more like $50 isn't it?
BTC/MHash/Day   0.0003 = 16.5 (mh) x 0.0003 (per hour) x 24 (whole day) = 0.1188BTC x $420 = $49.90 per day
Definitely cheaper than buying the equipment though, and a good way to hit low difficulty coins to hold in enternal optimism.
Quite often this sort of thing is done by the devs at launch for various reasons.
I also spotted this - https://www.miningrigrentals.com/rigs/8723/  Shocked

edit:Just noticed they don't know the difference between TH & GH......

Good news.  Just checked out sgminer with quarkcoin kernel.  Looks like it's fairly comparable to cpu mining so although you can use gpu for mining it doesn't have the tremendous advantage over cpu of say, scrypt.  My 6850 was getting 650 Kh/s and my 7950 had issues, probably with these 14.6 beta drivers, but wasn't showing anything extraordinary either.  Looks like this levels the playing field.  Still plenty of coins out there for the big rigs.

That said, there are still plenty of CPU farms and botnets out there with significant influence...hopefully MUE will go under the radar long enough  Smiley

I've heard a lot of "Dogecoin doesn't deserve..." griping in the last year but that's precisely why it IS.  When I first got introduced to this scene I was bugging my buddy about all the different details, technical shit.  He told me to just stop, that it didn't mean a thing, and that the only thing that mattered was the community backing.  I've seen that's precisely true.  With very few exceptions all the coins are basically clones with big "Sucks 50% Less!" stickers on them.  Doge is the only coin which has made some minor inroads into commerce, and that is the only thing that matters, period.  Just thought of the worst metaphor, but it fits perfectly.  Like Claudius in the court of Calligula, playing the idiot until it's safe to come out.

Of course it wasn't the miners who made out well during the gold-rush, it was their suppliers.  It looks like it's all going to come down to electricity costs, and bonus points for cooling.  Manitoba is going to be one of those puddles in the desert one of these days.  Our juice here actually costs less than in Iceland.  6c khr vs 10c, quite the difference.  Might have to talk to a friend or two about this, get something going.

Well, I think this is true with regards to the labour intensive coins (which are the majority of currently successful coins).
MUE was never set up to be part of this arms race though, and I wonder how long this drain on resources can go on before it plateaus/declines.
Certainly, long term, community, algorithm & accessibility is the key formula to success.  Can't wait to see how things develop over the next 3-5 years and beyond...fascinating stuff...really is

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 222 »
  Print  

Jump to: