Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 05:20:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Microcash.org says "Solidcoin"  (Read 5051 times)
k9quaint
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 24, 2012, 10:42:19 PM

Ok you think bitcoin is not a pyramid scheme, that's fine. But are you denying the block reward for bitcoin cuts in half over time to eventually reach a low of 0?

That is exactly what Bitcoin does, and has done since the very first day it was released more than 3 years ago. There have been absolutely zero changes to the block reward. It is that trust that has been built over time that makes Bitcoin successful.

Answer this: How many times has SolidCoin changed the reward scheme?

Pyramid scheme, bait-and-switch, pump-and-dump, I not sure which scam term is most accurate of SolidCoin, but make no mistake, SolidCoin is very much a scam designed to benefit early adapters at the expense of later adopters.

Without the CPF, the tyrant nodes, and the shrinking reward for mined blocks. SoiledCoin would not be a pyramid scheme. It would just be a craptastic knockoff of Bitcoin.

Bitcoin is backed by the full faith and credit of YouTube comments.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CoinHunter

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 25, 2012, 01:28:01 AM

Ok you think bitcoin is not a pyramid scheme, that's fine. But are you denying the block reward for bitcoin cuts in half over time to eventually reach a low of 0?

That is exactly what Bitcoin does, and has done since the very first day it was released more than 3 years ago. There have been absolutely zero changes to the block reward. It is that trust that has been built over time that makes Bitcoin successful.

Answer this: How many times has SolidCoin changed the reward scheme?

Pyramid scheme, bait-and-switch, pump-and-dump, I not sure which scam term is most accurate of SolidCoin, but make no mistake, SolidCoin is very much a scam designed to benefit early adapters at the expense of later adopters.

You have a good point Syke in regards to the amount of times SolidCoin has changed. Change is both a good and bad thing, SolidCoin changed a lot so now that they've got something they think they can work with they've decided to create a new brand to represent it. The next version will be very hard to do any changes to, a lot like Bitcoin so we should see some stability in regards to chain features.

The fact Bitcoin hasn't changed much at all since 2009 is good like you said, but it's also bad. There are compromises made and everyone supporting Bitcoin is supporting a single persons choices he made in 2008-2009. Most of us already know many of those decisions haven't stood the test of time, but Bitcoin still sticks to its guns and people can trust that more than something that changes a lot like SolidCoin. However please don't confuse the fact Bitcoin hasn't changed to mean it's perfect or that it's reward system isn't shaped to favor early adopters, these are facts, no one can dispute them. Whether or not the decision to stick to these things will favor Bitcoin we have to wait and see, I guess when the reward cuts in half we will see how new people handle the fact they aren't getting 50 BTC per block anymore. Smiley

Try SolidCoin or talk with other SolidCoin supporters here SolidCoin Forums
Cosbycoin (OP)

Activity: 980
Merit: 506

View Profile
April 25, 2012, 03:06:57 AM

Looks fine here guys.

Also aren't many of you who criticized many decisions in SolidCoin v2 happy that the developers listened to most of it and removed the stuff or found alternate solutions?

No trust accounts. No trust nodes. Do you guys always need something to whinge about or is it just a hobby?

This is definitely a different Coinhunter "operator" as the Real Coinhunter never spoke like this or could be this civil.

+1... Need we say more. Multiple operators of a single account is shady in itself.

Keep away from AssCoin = ScamCoin = ShitCoin = SolidShit = SoiledShit = RealSolidShit = CoinShitHuner = Solidcoin = MicroRASH!!!!  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
GTRsdk

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

COIN SUPPORTER

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2012, 03:49:49 AM

Looks fine here guys.

Also aren't many of you who criticized many decisions in SolidCoin v2 happy that the developers listened to most of it and removed the stuff or found alternate solutions?

No trust accounts. No trust nodes. Do you guys always need something to whinge about or is it just a hobby?

This is definitely a different Coinhunter "operator" as the Real Coinhunter never spoke like this or could be this civil.

+1... Need we say more. Multiple operators of a single account is shady in itself.

Keep away from AssCoin = ScamCoin = ShitCoin = SolidShit = SoiledShit = RealSolidShit = CoinShitHuner = Solidcoin = MicroRASH!!!!  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

How many times do I have to tell you people... SolidCoin is not ScamCoin and neither is MicroCash.

ScamCoin is ScamCoin!!

Let's make some Dogecoins together! http://doge.litemoons.com:9555
Gabi
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1008

If you want to walk on water, get out of the boat

View Profile
April 25, 2012, 01:52:55 PM

Undecided scamcoin=solidcoin=microcash

Cosbycoin (OP)

View Profile
April 25, 2012, 08:34:00 PM

Looks fine here guys.

How many times do I have to tell you people... SolidCoin is not ScamCoin and neither is MicroCash.

ScamCoin is ScamCoin!!

That's your problem you DONT have to tell us. We don't care what you say. We are calling it how we have seen it from day one when CH/RS came on the scene. It's a bunch of BS.
pla

Activity: 65

View Profile
April 25, 2012, 11:20:23 PM

Every day every account takes a half cent (0.005) to cover the operational costs

Can you elaborate on the meaning of "operational costs", given that in a P2P currency, every participant shares the costs (basically just bandwidth, and my own at that) equally already?  And, where exactly will this half cent per day go - not in the abstract sense, but in the "0.005MC transferred from account ABC to account XYZ" sense - To what does that XYZ refer?

(And guys, c'mon, let him actually answer instead of mocking him - The petty, nonstop bickering really sucks most of the fun out of all this)

I don't beg - If I do something to deserve your BTC, you can find my address on the invoice.  Wink
Cosbycoin (OP)

View Profile
April 26, 2012, 12:32:28 AM

Every day every account takes a half cent (0.005) to cover the operational costs

Can you elaborate on the meaning of "operational costs", given that in a P2P currency, every participant shares the costs (basically just bandwidth, and my own at that) equally already?  And, where exactly will this half cent per day go - not in the abstract sense, but in the "0.005MC transferred from account ABC to account XYZ" sense - To what does that XYZ refer?

(And guys, c'mon, let him actually answer instead of mocking him - The petty, nonstop bickering really sucks most of the fun out of all this)

For about 9 months we have let these fools explain their SOILEDSHITCOIN and its a bunch of bull....
k9quaint
Legendary

View Profile
April 26, 2012, 02:19:32 AM

What matter what explanation Coinhunter gives at this point? It will change as soon as it suits Coinhunter to do so.
At this point, Rapecash is only an idea.
Wait for the source code and the license terms. Examine them. Then decide.

Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 3050

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2012, 02:32:32 AM

Looks fine here guys.

You need to stop talking for the company and hire a PR guy.  Don't make the same mistake twice.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
Cosbycoin (OP)

View Profile
April 26, 2012, 02:43:53 AM

Looks fine here guys.

You need to stop talking for the company and hire a PR guy.  Don't make the same mistake twice.

Didn't you know. There are multiple people that use the COINHUNTER account. Perhaps he has hired someone to pose as him yet he is still failing despite that.

LOL
k9quaint
Legendary

View Profile
April 26, 2012, 02:51:29 AM

Looks fine here guys.

He probably can't tell that he is making a mistake. The Coinhunter account most likely has 2/3rds of this forum on ignore turning every thread into a miniature echo chamber for SoiledCoin groupies (both of them). That is the problem with pruning criticism via username, eventually you only get what you want to hear.

This also makes for a poor foundation for the discussion of a currencies strengths and weaknesses.

GTRsdk

Activity: 87

COIN SUPPORTER

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2012, 02:53:33 AM

Looks fine here guys.

He probably can't tell that he is making a mistake. The Coinhunter account most likely has 2/3rds of this forum on ignore turning every thread into a miniature echo chamber for SoiledCoin groupies (both of them). That is the problem with pruning criticism via username, eventually you only get what you want to hear.

This also makes for a poor foundation for the discussion of a currencies strengths and weaknesses.

Agreed.

Let's make some Dogecoins together! http://doge.litemoons.com:9555
Cosbycoin (OP)

View Profile
April 26, 2012, 07:07:13 PM

Looks fine here guys.

That is a very funny thought.

(login to bitcointalk.org as SOILEDHISPANTS)
(HIT THE ULTIMATE IGNORE BUTTON)
(LIVE LIKE A KING IN ALL YOUR EGO AND SELF_GLORIFICATION)

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nachtwind

Activity: 700
Merit: 507

View Profile
April 26, 2012, 09:59:25 PM

Just one totally different thought about the naming of the new "Crypto""currency":

So... maybe RS wasnt as retarded when naming his new chain as we thought.. Basically we all pay in ONE BITCOIN or ONE LITECOIN or even ONE SOLIDCOIN.
Looking at the past months of unsuccesful economical changes in Solidcoin people can only send arround 0.00x Solidcoins - due to the fact that almost all coins are distributed throughout some major investors and miners dont earn shit.
So.. for the first time i actually believe that Realsolid had a good idea! He finally understood that everyone is just sending extremely small amounts of coins when using chain and hence didnt introduce centislc or millislc - he went right at the point at which people will spend this: MICROSLC. Unfortunately Microslc might be mistakingly refering to and blockchain older than 3 months and hence already outdated. Therefore he introduced a revolutionary new name: CASH! Adding Micro to it was finally the option to make it easier for people to use it..

So Microcash is not a bone-dead stupid reference to Microsoft and therefore yet another insight into RealSolids egomanic mind.. no Microcash is saving TIME for people since it is just a substitute for microSolidcoin (1x10^-6 Solidcoins)
So instead of saying "I send you Oh point zero zero zero zero zero zero five two Solidcoins" they can refer to it now as "I send you Oh point five two Microcash". Try it yourself - you will save at least a few seconds. Keyboards will also live longer since you type less using the new nomenclature.. and of course it will add some good feeling for Miners. When they see their payouts they can feel like "Man, i did good." - as long as they dont look at the 12mil SLC accounts of other people.. The amount of zeroes before the decimal point would be too horrific to just let them pass... but since these coins are on just a hand full of accounts it wont be too often seeable..

So thanks to his Führermajesty RealSolid for yet another great idea that will revelutionise the crypto currency realm! First you introduced centralisation into distributed applications, then you added taxes to a feeless system and we still remember your closed open sourceness! So here we have it - no longer juggling with large numbers when you can just say its real name! When will we see him reinventing addresses? I think a 8 bit binary should soon be enough to reference all possible and foreseeable accounts of microcashs future.. One address for every user...
pla

Activity: 65

View Profile
April 28, 2012, 02:15:47 PM

If anything is a pyramid scheme it's MicroCash, where fees are equally distributed back to the chain depending on the amount of MicroCash in them.

You, uh, still haven't answered my question about the nature of those fees and where they go on the short term.  You made a vague allusion to "operational costs", of which none exist that the entire network doesn't already share equally, no central taxing authority required.

Just because Bitcoins block values look like this ...[snipped]... Does not mean we can liberally use the word pyramid around Bitcoin. Thanks for clearing it up for us.

Right, it doesn't - Because a "pyramid scheme" refers to a very specific, well-defined type of scam, rather than to your entry in the weekly bad-ASCII-art competition.

Bad enough we need to explain this over and over and over to the general public, without members of our own community deliberately misusing such terms to (attempt to) score political points.

I don't beg - If I do something to deserve your BTC, you can find my address on the invoice.  Wink
Foxpup
Legendary

Activity: 4340
Merit: 3042

Vile Vixen and Miss Bitcointalk 2021-2023

View Profile
April 29, 2012, 12:49:32 AM

If anything is a pyramid scheme it's MicroCash, where fees are equally distributed back to the chain depending on the amount of MicroCash in them.

You, uh, still haven't answered my question about the nature of those fees and where they go on the short term.

Sure he did:
Some accounts with low amounts of MicroCash will get low amounts or no amounts of the total fees paid back, who is denying that or misleading anyone? Every day every account takes a half cent (0.005) to cover the operational costs, whether the account is rich or poor this fee is taken. These fees are then redistributed back to every account based on how much MicroCash they have.
See? The fees get paid to the people with the most money, ie, the developers and early adopters, while the late adopters lose all their money. What, you thought he was kidding when he said it was a pyramid scheme? Roll Eyes

Will pretend to do unspeakable things (while actually eating a taco) for bitcoins: 1K6d1EviQKX3SVKjPYmJGyWBb1avbmCFM4
I am not on the scammers' paradise known as Telegram! Do not believe anyone claiming to be me off-forum without a signed message from the above address! Accept no excuses and make no exceptions!
CoinHunter

View Profile
April 29, 2012, 03:58:00 AM

Operational costs are computer capital, memory usage, cpu usage, network usage and disk space usage. Nearly everyone around the world sets a price for these features (ie it's very difficult to find reliable hosting that is free). Because you can now securely use MicroCash without becoming a node you are essentially relying on the hundreds/thousands of computers around the world to do it for you. By putting a fee on this resource we can basically control to some extent the number of useless accounts created (that clog the nodes), prevent and cleanup spam and also now offer small amounts of interest back to the chain proportionally.

If anyone thinks half a cent per day is expensive then they shouldn't use MicroCash, use something that sets no price on something which actually costs something if they can, why not? I think by valuing something which costs something MicroCash can provide a better infrastructure and new services on top of it.

All fees are collected, account and transaction fees, and instead of giving them to the people who are rich in hardware (miners) they give it back to all MicroCash account holders proportionally based on the amount of MicroCash they have. Miners already get a lot, they are the only ones who can create new currency. So it's a different system, some say a better system as it rewards everyone invested in the currency vs only a few (the miners) for getting new users involved and doing more economic activity. As transactions increase (economic activity) everyone in the chain benefits.

If there are enough transactions per day then they will cancel out the account fee and everyone will earn "interest".

CoinHunter

View Profile
April 29, 2012, 04:30:34 AM

See? The fees get paid to the people with the most money, ie, the developers and early adopters, while the late adopters lose all their money. What, you thought he was kidding when he said it was a pyramid scheme? Roll Eyes

Fees get paid back proportionally to each account. So if you have 1% of the MicroCash (28000) you get 1% of daily fees (account and transaction). So the more MicroCash you have the higher the percentage of the fees you get. It doesn't necessarily reward early adopters, it rewards people who have MicroCash. I'd say anyone who has SolidCoin now or will mine MicroCash is still an early adopter as there are only around 1000 users of SolidCoin right now. Many people say if you're involved in Bitcoin right now you're an early adopter.

When MicroCash starts you will need around 50 MicroCash dollars to get interest. This doesn't include transaction fees, the more transactions there are the less MicroCash you need to get interest as all fees are collected up and distributed proportionally.

Basically to use MicroCash you have a fixed daily cost of $0.005 per account (or half a cent). Users will still get some reward back for even a small amount of MicroCash, so their daily cost will be less than 0.005 , completely depends on how much MCD they have. An example, if you had 1 MCD in an account you would get paid 0.0002 for that amount, so your daily fee is essentially 0.005 - 0.0002 .

If there are 2000 transactions a day , that is an extra ~15 MCD to be distributed to all accounts as well as all the account fees.

Foxpup
Legendary

Activity: 4340
Merit: 3042

Vile Vixen and Miss Bitcointalk 2021-2023

View Profile
April 29, 2012, 04:47:15 AM

If there are enough transactions per day then they will cancel out the account fee and everyone will earn "interest".

Will pretend to do unspeakable things (while actually eating a taco) for bitcoins: 1K6d1EviQKX3SVKjPYmJGyWBb1avbmCFM4
I am not on the scammers' paradise known as Telegram! Do not believe anyone claiming to be me off-forum without a signed message from the above address! Accept no excuses and make no exceptions!
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: