Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 01:46:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: (Updated w/ pics) Watercooled Rack of Servers - 50% completed  (Read 10536 times)
notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 27, 2012, 05:19:21 AM

I have a high pressure pump on my LC rig, and I found that when a tiny leak appeared, I lost the card. I shifted the pump to after the cards, thus creating a negative pressure where the cards were. Now if a leak were to occur, I'd simply be suckin in air, rather than forcing out coolant.

In a close loop, there is no such thing negative or positive pressure. Its a sealed volume.

Once you have a leak it isn't a closed loop. Smiley

Besides, restrict the water flow in your closed loop (such as running it through a water block compared to 1 inch hose), and you can bet your ass you'll have negative and positive pressure on either side of the restriction.

Thats a bad misconception.
Someone clearly dont understand this simple theory of sealed volume.

Please enlighten me on this simple theory.  Why does the resistance not cause more pressure on one side when the fluid is being pumped through a restriction?  Surely you can explain such a simple theory to someone with a degree in math from an engineering school.

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mem

Activity: 644
Merit: 501

Herp Derp PTY LTD

View Profile
April 27, 2012, 06:18:20 AM

Hoping you can post a video showing a walk around of the rack.
Love your hose connectors on the front.

cmg5461

Activity: 369
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 27, 2012, 02:25:45 PM

Please enlighten me on this simple theory.  Why does the resistance not cause more pressure on one side when the fluid is being pumped through a restriction?  Surely you can explain such a simple theory to someone with a degree in math from an engineering school.

I agree with this post. Simple fluid dynamics.  Fluid flows from high pressure to low pressure.  Or it wouldn't flow at all Smiley

If I've helped: 1CmguJhwW4sbtSMFsyaafikJ8jhYS61quz

Sold: 5850 to lepenguin. Quick, easy and trustworthy.
ciuciu
Donator

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 27, 2012, 02:52:52 PM

The cards are in series. I have only one heat exchanger.
http://koolance.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=54_119&product_id=944

Hi,
I have a similar setup, with 12 cards (9 5970 and 4 5870) working flowlessly for about 1 year.  The diferrence is that I ran them in series. I'm using a Koolance heat exchanger connected to the cold water line. Will soon add 5 more cards.

Running those plate exchangers in series? or the GPU block?

Because the former would ABSOLUTELY kill the pressure. I dont think thats good for the water heater at all.

I'm cheap so i will try to make those exchanger myselft.. Tongue yeah i know. Its the same parallel channels design. But i'm thinking of having at least 5 of them in parallel loops.

cmg5461

View Profile
April 27, 2012, 02:58:28 PM

When a high pressure and low pressure area being connected, the system will equalize itself by the fluid flow from one to another.

Negative or positive pressure doesnt mean low or high pressure.

"The term "negative pressure" is used in physics and engineering to refer to a situation in which an enclosed area has lower pressure than the area around it. Any compromise in the divide between the area of negative pressure and the more highly pressurized area around it would cause substances to flow into the area of negative pressure."

Please, humor me.

cmg5461

View Profile
April 27, 2012, 03:15:00 PM

When a high pressure and low pressure area being connected, the system will equalize itself by the fluid flow from one to another.

Negative or positive pressure doesnt mean low or high pressure.

"The term "negative pressure" is used in physics and engineering to refer to a situation in which an enclosed area has lower pressure than the area around it. Any compromise in the divide between the area of negative pressure and the more highly pressurized area around it would cause substances to flow into the area of negative pressure."

Please, humor me.

Is your waterblock an enclosed area?

It is not, however, you cannot simplify a liquid cooling system into a closed loop.  The reservoir contains a less dense fluid, "air" which compresses with less energy than the water.  This allows for a vibration model to be made due to the pauses in rotation by the induction pump. (4 per 2 radians?)  This creates a dampened oscillation, reinforced by the motor.  In turn there is a negative pressure in the reservoir with respect to the pump.

This can be solved by a long and complex differential equation, which I really don't feel like doing.

For more information on this, look up Bernoulli's principle

ciuciu
Donator

View Profile
April 27, 2012, 03:30:09 PM

I use no radiator.

Gotcha.
What do you use for the radiator?

Hi,
I have a similar setup, with 12 cards (9 5970 and 4 5870) working flowlessly for about 1 year.  The diferrence is that I ran them in series. I'm using a Koolance heat exchanger connected to the cold water line. Will soon add 5 more cards.

Because the former would ABSOLUTELY kill the pressure. I dont think thats good for the water heater at all.

I'm cheap so i will try to make those exchanger myselft.. Tongue yeah i know. Its the same parallel channels design. But i'm thinking of having at least 5 of them in parallel loops.

seriouscoin

Activity: 658

View Profile
April 27, 2012, 03:33:44 PM

Amazing temp ! Now i'm tempted to do mine. With multiple exchangers, i cant wait to see how it works out.

I use no radiator.

Gotcha.
What do you use for the radiator?

Hi,

seriouscoin

View Profile
April 27, 2012, 03:40:16 PM

Hi,

Just to clarify Ciuciu, is your exchanger right b4 the water heater?  (preheating) or you just use cold line to cool the loop?

cmg5461

View Profile
April 27, 2012, 04:55:11 PM

Good now we're on the same page.  Now you understand why its wrong to say " negative and positive pressure" on either side of the waterblock.

The poster i originally responded to already clarified his loop has non full reservoir. As for "complex equation" you can bet i dont need it.

Ah ok.  I thought the debate was about negative pressure in the whole system o.o

seriouscoin

View Profile
April 27, 2012, 05:32:31 PM

Good now we're on the same page.  Now you understand why its wrong to say " negative and positive pressure" on either side of the waterblock.

The poster i originally responded to already clarified his loop has non full reservoir. As for "complex equation" you can bet i dont need it.

Ah ok.  I thought the debate was about negative pressure in the whole system o.o

It was, i assumed the system without reservoir. However, mr degree flasher came in with a silly talk.

If you want to create a negative sealed system, you have to heat up the liquid (say 50c) prior sealing. The inline pump inside the loop cant pressurize the loop itself.

cmg5461

View Profile
April 27, 2012, 05:37:36 PM

It was, i assumed the system without reservoir. However, mr degree flasher came in with a silly talk.

If you want to create a negative sealed system, you have to heat up the liquid (say 50c) prior sealing. The inline pump inside the loop cant pressurize the loop itself.

or use an overflow valve after stress testing your cards Cheesy

notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 27, 2012, 07:02:41 PM

I'm sorry i didnt know its the forum tradition to flash your degree when there is an argument. What is an engineering school btw? is it a school that teaches engineers?

You understand the differences of pressure loss and negative pressure? Can you tell me what is a negative pressure?

I told you I didn't know and ask you to teach me.  Instead you just act like an ass.  Good job.  I wasn't flashing my degree, just trying to show I have the ability to understand so you won't be wasting your time.  But whatever, now that I know positive pressure vs. negative pressure is not the same as high pressure vs. low pressure I can probably do my own research.  Way to turn a simple misunderstanding of terminology into a "You're such an idiot" post.  Ass.

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
ciuciu
Donator

View Profile
April 27, 2012, 11:30:47 PM

Just cold water. Here is a pic:
www.mycpu.ca/Ebay/IMG_4327.JPG

Hi,

Just to clarify Ciuciu, is your exchanger right b4 the water heater?  (preheating) or you just use cold line to cool the loop?

twoBitBasher

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 27, 2012, 11:53:06 PM

You just run the tap water all the time?  Shocked

If you think my comments have benefitted you it would be nice to hear thanks Smiley

Doge: DMnfgNp1HQSjtTZ1HcWiYtMwoGP5xcYDcz
ciuciu
Donator

View Profile
April 28, 2012, 12:08:25 AM

Yes, I do.

You just run the tap water all the time?  Shocked

DeathAndTaxes (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
April 28, 2012, 12:15:39 AM

Yes, I do.

You just run the tap water all the time?  Shocked

I guess you have free (or flat rate) water?
ciuciu
Donator

View Profile
April 28, 2012, 12:36:19 AM

Yes, luckily I have free water.

Yes, I do.

You just run the tap water all the time?  Shocked

I guess you have free (or flat rate) water?

yxt
Legendary

Activity: 3528
Merit: 1116

View Profile
April 28, 2012, 01:23:28 AM

brilliant idea, really   Roll Eyes

According to Nature (2010), about 80% of the world's population (5.6 billion in 2011) live in areas with threats to water security.

BTCKano Pool██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██
██
██
██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
   ██
   ██
   ██
   ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
   ██
   ██
   ██
   ██
ciuciu
Donator

View Profile
April 28, 2012, 02:18:36 AM

It comes from the river, it goes to the river. I believe is better than to run the air conditioner non-stop.

brilliant idea, really   Roll Eyes

According to Nature (2010), about 80% of the world's population (5.6 billion in 2011) live in areas with threats to water security.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: