Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 11:56:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 7970 from newegg $405  (Read 5441 times)
zvs
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1000

https://web.archive.org/web/*/nogleg.com

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2012, 12:04:57 AM

1) I agree here if you were a dedicated miner who just vents their air outside, but undervolting makes sense who pay electrical and cooling costs (ie. their cards are in a gaming machine). At that point your net revenue may come pretty down close to 0 after cooling costs unless you undervolt.

That is nonsense.  Gross revenue is currently ~4x electrical cost.  Even with 30% overhead for cooling it is >2x.  Undervolting doesn't improve profits.  Undervolting is useful in large farms where you simply can't handle the heat.  I updated post above to show that.
Yeah, not quite sure why some of these ppl seem more concerned with efficiency than profitability.  *scratch*   But, then, I guess you also have people loading up with 7970's that will decrease in value like nobody's business, so..

Couple months ago, I never undervolted.   Now I do so during the day only, because of heat issues (considering different solutions as to where I wouldn't have to do this).  Then, I'm speaking from a perspective of anyone that gets electricity for, oh, I don't know, probably 15-20c or so or less.  I pay ~8-9c per kwh.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: