Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 07:57:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: PayBitBack, The Bitcoin Tip Jar for Twitter  (Read 3292 times)
PayBitBack (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2011, 08:02:46 PM
Last edit: June 10, 2011, 09:00:31 PM by PayBitBack

PayBitBack, The Bitcoin Tip Jar for Twitter
      Makes Sending Money as Easy as a Tweet!

Donate Bitcoins to any Twitter user even without knowing their Bitcoin address.

Amsterdam, The Netherlands, June 10, 2011
See http://www.paybitback.com/ and @PayBitBack

I am looking for the select few from the BTC community who want to be the first to give our
new Bitcoin-for-Twitter service a try. The first users to follow the instructions below will be
able to send and receive Bitcoins for free just by sending short messages to @PayBitBack.

Please take a look at http://www.paybitback.com/ or see the instructions below.
We are working on more compelling features which will soon be announced!

PayBitBack lets you create a tip jar to support your friends, Twitter celebrities, favorite
causes, girlfriends and cleaning ladies.

Actually, you can send Bitcoins to anyone with a Twitter account, even if they don’t have a
Bitcoin address yet. PayBitBack keeps the coins securely for the account holder until they
claim them.

INSTRUCTIONS

Create a tip jar.

Mention @paybitback in a tweet to someone to create their Bitcoin account.
Tweet: @friend you now have a tip jar @paybitback

PayBitBack will reply with a tip jar for them. Retweet it to further promote this cause!

Example reply:
@yourname donate #bitcoin for @friend to 1Dx2DxR3jRR47VBcyDUzEe7a21HRBGm8aR

Now send some Bitcoins to the address provided by PayBitBack.

Claim your tip jar.

If you receive Bitcoins via PayBitBack, @paybitback will notify you via a tweet. For example:
@yourname you have X #bitcoin in your tipjar, tweet me your bitcoin address to claim

Then you can confirm your claim and automatically forward all current and future tips
to the address you specify. This is done by tweeting: @paybitback yourBitcoinAddress

Example: @paybitback 16d7hYxSLQLQJy63iLyukxE2HzzmnP2HAG

PayBitBack will confirm your claim and automatically forward all current and future tips to your Bitcoin wallet.

Example reply:
@yourname thanks. Your #bitcoin tips will be sent to 16d7hYxSLQLQJy63iLyukxE2HzzmnP2HAG

(Edit: Updated sample reply for tip jar creation.)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TheVirus

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 10, 2011, 08:10:14 PM

Not too sure I see the point. Why bring in a middle man if someone can just tweet one of their own addresses?
jav

Activity: 249
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 10, 2011, 08:37:46 PM

Looks promising, great to see someone tackle this! I like how it's all done over twitter. I was toying with a similar idea but was thinking of having some of the functions on a separate website. But doing it all through twitter messages provides probably a much nicer integration. Great stuff!

Out of curiosity: How are you dealing with fee issues? Let's say I tip someone 0.00000001 BTC, the person claims the address and you now need to forward it. But with the current fee structure, you would have to pay 0.01 BTC to get this relayed by other nodes. Do you run a modified version of bitcoind or what is your take on this?

Also: Thx for linking to Instawallet. =)

Hive, a beautiful wallet with an app platform for Mac OS X, Android and Mobile Web. Translators wanted! iOS and OS X devs see BitcoinKit. Tweets @hivewallet. Donations appreciated at 1HLRg9C1GsfEVH555hgcjzDeas14jen2Cn.
darbsllim

Activity: 297
Merit: 251

Founder, Filmmaker, Fun Guy

View Profile
June 11, 2011, 03:49:43 AM

hows it working?

Brad Mills,
Investor - Former miner - Former Bitcoin Business Owner - Survivor of the Great Bitcoin Crashes of 2011 and 2012, the MtGox Heist of 2014 & the 2017 crypto bubble.
Bitrated user: bradmillscan.
error

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 11, 2011, 04:55:56 AM

Several parts of that need to be done via DM. Not going anywhere near this until it's fixed.

3KzNGwzRZ6SimWuFAgh4TnXzHpruHMZmV8
PayBitBack (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2011, 06:38:59 AM

Several parts of that need to be done via DM. Not going anywhere near this until it's fixed.

This is a known limitation, and it's been built in by design.  The issue is that direct messages on Twitter can only be used when users already follow one another.  So this version allows you to openly publicize people and causes you want to support.

The next version will be released very, very soon and will give you the added private features you're asking about now. So just stay tuned!
PayBitBack (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2011, 06:59:50 AM

Looks promising, great to see someone tackle this! I like how it's all done over twitter. I was toying with a similar idea but was thinking of having some of the functions on a separate website. But doing it all through twitter messages provides probably a much nicer integration. Great stuff!

Out of curiosity: How are you dealing with fee issues? Let's say I tip someone 0.00000001 BTC, the person claims the address and you now need to forward it. But with the current fee structure, you would have to pay 0.01 BTC to get this relayed by other nodes. Do you run a modified version of bitcoind or what is your take on this?

Payments are made once the balance of a tip jar exceeds 0.01 BTC, this is to cover the network transaction fee and prevent possible abuse of the service.
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
September 02, 2011, 05:31:26 PM

This is still the only Twitter tip jar system where tips can be sent without the recipient even knowing about bitcoin prior to the tip being made.

How soon after a tip is started (e.g., adding @PayBitBack to a tweet to the person I wish to tip) before I can expect to see the @ mention with the bitcoin address where I would send the tip?

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

frisco2

Activity: 312
Merit: 265

View Profile
April 24, 2012, 04:43:53 PM

Great idea ! Smiley

Crosspass -- a simple way to send passwords, encryption keys, bitcoin addresses, etc.
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
April 24, 2012, 09:44:21 PM

Unfortunately, this service appears to no longer function (no response to @PayBitBack tweets.

There is another tipping service now.  It has a wallet that you fund before you tip, but from there it works in a similar fashion.
 - http://www.BTCTip.com

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

frisco2

Activity: 312
Merit: 265

View Profile
April 24, 2012, 09:59:47 PM

Close integration with twitter has been tried by TipJoy, but the creators shut it down and went to work for Facebook.  Although, that wasn't based on bitcoin.   I think that the Flattr model is the best, since it has shown that it works.

Crosspass -- a simple way to send passwords, encryption keys, bitcoin addresses, etc.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: