Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 11:03:12 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Want to be a part of something new?  (Read 792 times)
oniwanbanshu (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 08:55:31 PM

I'm looking to find a team (new or experienced) to come up with a reasonable purpose and specifications of a new altcoin.  It's true that altcoins are now a dime a dozen, but the ones that last have value and meaning to those using it and are backed by a passionate community.  I have been in the Crypto-space for a few years now and have seen a lot of stages, the ups, the downs.

Yes, this is a newbie account, so if that's a problem for you, feel free to move on and ignore this project.  In reality, I'm a very experienced coder and I've worked on numerous coins already including writing source code, multi-platform builds, design consulting, support, etc.  I generally know what I'm doing (ranging from coin creation and launch through ongoing improvements and issue resolution).

But I've also been involved on coin teams that fail tremendously because rallying up a team and building a community is hard work post launch.  Being a good coder doesn't change that.  And no amount of added features changes that either.

So I want to try something different this time.  Instead of being asked to do cool stuff for other teams, or coming up with my own stuff that I think is cool and launching a coin all by myself -- I'd like to see if there are people out there with a genuine interest in cryptocurrency that want to be a part of something new.  I'm not talking about having a new fad coin, or anything like that.  Just a simple, solid coin platform that we can build on and progress with over time and attempt to organically grow the community.

Having a real community first means that there will be much less pressure to be on exchanges from day one, perhaps miners won't jack up the difficulty the first two days and suddenly leave, pools and infrastructure can already be in place at launch because we can run a real testnet before launch (which seems rarer and rarer these days compared to the ninja launches), etc.  There are potentially a lot of advantages, so I'd like to see what others think.

Please respond here or PM me if you're interested.  Anyone is welcome to chime in, particularly those who are up for volunteering time or skills on the coin ideas, code, marketing, infrastructure, etc.

I don't have any preconceived idea of what this will look like in terms of coin specifications, so please don't ask if it's going to have "anon" or is "X11" based.  You should be a part of that discussion and we'll see what makes sense.
megashira1
Legendary

Activity: 1146
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 09:53:02 PM

Perhaps you'd be interested in ORA? https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=620518.0

Development discussion: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=675484.0

Initial free distribution to over 800 stakeholders. Currently in pre-development phase.

statdude
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 10:21:27 PM

So many good coin teams already.
Don't need another.

Join one and buy yourself into the coin.

▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
█ ███████████████████████ █
█ █████     █ ▀██████████ █
█ █████     █   ▀████████ █
█ █████  ██ █     ▀██████ █

█ █████  ▀▀ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████ █
█ █████  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █████ █
█ █████             █████ █
█ ███████████████████████ █