Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 09:52:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [CampBX.com] Need Help to Get My $2364 back from CampBX.com  (Read 6338 times)
Xiong Zhuang (OP)

Activity: 102
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 24, 2012, 01:05:28 PM
Last edit: April 24, 2012, 01:37:46 PM by Xiong Zhuang

Because I don't have an account on this forum so I post this thread with my friend's account. I lived in China.

I am not making a drama about my case but only looking for help. Please be patient and read my story below:

In the last year, for some reason which I am not proud of, I had this amount of money be stuck on Campbx. After a long time of communication till last month, they finally believed the money belongs to me. They asked me to provide a notarized translation ID and passport document for my account verification so they could release the money to my account.
As they asked, I provided my original photo of my ID, a notarized translation of my ID and the original photo of my passport to them. After a few days they told me my account is verified and then released the $2364 to my account on Campbx.com. On March 31th, they approved my withdraw request and ready to wire transfer the money to my bank account in China. But for some issue of themselves the transfer is delayed till yesterday. Yesterday they told me they are convinced my ID is faked. I told them I have no reason to fake my ID and there must be some misunderstanding but they told me my ID is a confirmed fake and they cannot help you anymore. So here I am asking your guys for help.

This is my argument:

1. For almost eight month of communication I finally see the end of my case, I never will take the risk of using a fake ID to ruin it.

2. It doesn't make sense that I provide a faked ID and a real passport. In China everyone has a ID but not everyone has a passport.

3. They already verified my account on March 9th, but all of a sudden they told me my ID is faked just before they are going to wire transfer the money to me. This doesn't seem to be right.

I don't know if Keyur will reply my mail anymore so I post my question here which I already sent to him by email:

1. Which document you believe is faked, the original ID photo, the translated ID?
2. Do you believe my passport photo is faked?
3. In what evidence you conformed my document is faked?

I really appreciated what Campbx did to help me get back my money but this result is not acceptable to me. Anybody have any idea what I should do to prove my ID is not faked?
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Miner612

Activity: 84

FPGA convert

View Profile
April 24, 2012, 10:57:16 PM

I would be worried about any fake ID type stuff from China if I was CampBX!

I love CampBX ... never had an issue with them and I have moved thousands of dollars with them.

I buy and sell GPUs, most 5850s and 7970s. 
jimzolorenzo@gmail.com  -- Make an offer.
http://myworld.ebay.com/i_buy_5850s  -- current inventory
I have a couple bare bone mining rigs for sale as well.

--------------

I bought silver from [ccliu] 5 star transaction!
I bought silver from [TECSHARE] -- shipping still
Xiong Zhuang (OP)

View Profile
April 24, 2012, 11:02:19 PM
Last edit: April 24, 2012, 11:13:38 PM by Xiong Zhuang

I would be worried about any fake ID type stuff from China if I was CampBX!

I love CampBX ... never had an issue with them and I have moved thousands of dollars with them.

I provide my ID, my passport, the withdraw bank account all the same name, it doesn't make any sense for me to fake a Chinese ID. You can't just accuse me to fake a ID and take my money away from me. I am innocent and I need to clear myself.
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1225

Away on an extended break

View Profile
April 25, 2012, 04:00:39 AM

Because I don't have an account on this forum so I post this thread with my friend's account. I lived in China.

I am not making a drama about my case but only looking for help. Please be patient and read my story below:

In the last year, for some reason which I am not proud of, I had this amount of money be stuck on Campbx. After a long time of communication till last month, they finally believed the money belongs to me. They asked me to provide a notarized translation ID and passport document for my account verification so they could release the money to my account.
As they asked, I provided my original photo of my ID, a notarized translation of my ID and the original photo of my passport to them. After a few days they told me my account is verified and then released the $2364 to my account on Campbx.com. On March 31th, they approved my withdraw request and ready to wire transfer the money to my bank account in China. But for some issue of themselves the transfer is delayed till yesterday. Yesterday they told me they are convinced my ID is faked. I told them I have no reason to fake my ID and there must be some misunderstanding but they told me my ID is a confirmed fake and they cannot help you anymore. So here I am asking your guys for help.

This is my argument:

1. For almost eight month of communication I finally see the end of my case, I never will take the risk of using a fake ID to ruin it.

2. It doesn't make sense that I provide a faked ID and a real passport. In China everyone has a ID but not everyone has a passport.

3. They already verified my account on March 9th, but all of a sudden they told me my ID is faked just before they are going to wire transfer the money to me. This doesn't seem to be right.

I don't know if Keyur will reply my mail anymore so I post my question here which I already sent to him by email:

1. Which document you believe is faked, the original ID photo, the translated ID?

I really appreciated what Campbx did to help me get back my money but this result is not acceptable to me. Anybody have any idea what I should do to prove my ID is not faked?

Did they provide any proof that your ID is faked? Any indicators that made him believe that?
Xiong Zhuang (OP)

View Profile
April 25, 2012, 05:00:51 AM

This is my argument:

Did they provide any proof that your ID is faked? Any indicators that made him believe that?

Not yet, last mail from Keyur said they cannot help you anymore, no reply and not answer my call since then.
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

View Profile
April 25, 2012, 05:06:50 AM

This is my argument:

Not yet, last mail from Keyur said they cannot help you anymore, no reply and not answer my call since then.

That does sound unreasonable I guess as they should give you a chance to explain too. They seem to have a clean history, so let's see what Campbx has to say in defence...I would be apprehensive if they freeze client's funds for no reason at all.
You should probably move this thread to Trading Discussions subforum too as complaints usually go there.
Xiong Zhuang (OP)

View Profile
April 25, 2012, 05:51:04 AM

This is my argument:

That does sound unreasonable I guess as they should give you a chance to explain too. They seem to have a clean history, so let's see what Campbx has to say in defence...I would be apprehensive if they freeze client's funds for no reason at all.
You should probably move this thread to Trading Discussions subforum too as complaints usually go there.

Thank you for your advice. Keyur knew that I will post this on here and I sent him the link, so I believe he's watching this thread now.
Keyur @ Camp BX

Activity: 299
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2012, 10:34:32 PM

Subscribing - will reply as soon as possible.

Please stay tuned to our news and announcements feeds at:
Twitter: https://twitter.com/CampBX
Facebook: https://facebook.com/CampBX
Keyur @ Camp BX

Activity: 299

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2012, 04:58:06 AM
Last edit: May 04, 2012, 10:25:43 AM by Keyur @ Camp BX

Xiong,
      We use a professional service to perform KYC / Compliance check and customer ID verification.  This service provider is used by many banks and large corporations as well, and they have deemed the documents you submitted as forgeries.  I have seen the analysis, but not going to share details here because it can be misused as a tutorial on how to make better fake IDs.

Everyone else reading this thread, here is some context that may be helpful:
1) MtGox had a bug last year in their multi-currency code, and Bitcoins showed up as $1 million per coin for a brief period of time.  XZ exploited this bug and managed to sell 0.008 Bitcoin for $11,000.
The drama is on this thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=33197.0;all
2) The proceeds of the sale were withdrawn to XZ's Dwolla, even though Dwolla's TOS does not permit non-USA accounts.
3) XZ created multiple accounts on CampBX and funneled money in to those accounts.  This is against our TOS.

When the situation came to light, Mark Karpeles brought the hammer down hard and XZ's withdrawals from MtGox were recalled.  MtGox reported the issue to Dwolla, and Dwolla shutdown XZ's account.  Both companies stopped replying to XZ's messages completely.  CampBX also shutdown XZ's accounts, but we understand that perhaps he got a little too excited about the Million-dollar Bitcoins and made a bad judgement call.  So we gave him benefit of the doubt and helped him track and recover the money.

Now when we requested verification documents from XZ to transmit this money to China, he submitted ID documents bearing a completely different name.  The bank account details were also for a different person.  His communications came from multiple aliases including XZ, CM, and Pierre.  Surprised by these irregularities, we ran a check on his documents from our KYC provider and it came back as a fail.

Submitting a fake ID has pushed us on to AML minefield, and we cannot help him anymore with this issue.

Thank you,
      Keyur

PS: Edited for clarity.

Please stay tuned to our news and announcements feeds at:
Twitter: https://twitter.com/CampBX
Facebook: https://facebook.com/CampBX
finway

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 04, 2012, 05:48:14 PM

All clear.

Xiong Zhuang (OP)

View Profile
May 05, 2012, 12:42:06 AM

All clear.

Not at all. I will reply later.
rjk

Activity: 448

1ngldh

View Profile
May 05, 2012, 01:23:27 AM

All clear.

Looks pretty clear to me. Even if the money might be yours (I would say it isn't, but that is beside the point), submitting fake documentation was stupid. You deserve to be blacklisted by any and all exchanges for attempting such as lame stunt, and you don't deserve any compensation of any kind.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

View Profile
May 05, 2012, 01:50:02 AM

All clear.

Looks pretty clear to me. Even if the money might be yours (I would say it isn't, but that is beside the point), submitting fake documentation was stupid. You deserve to be blacklisted by any and all exchanges for attempting such as lame stunt, and you don't deserve any compensation of any kind.
This +1.
Xiong Zhuang (OP)

View Profile
May 05, 2012, 01:56:36 AM

All clear.

No, I didn't submit any fake document. Keyur avoid the most important question but only dig out my history to make me look bad.

The name I used on the forum is not the same as the document I submitted. But that doesn't mean anything. My ID, my passport, my bank account is all in my name MC, so there is no way my ID is faked.

And Keyur avoid the most important question:

Which exactly my document is faked? What agent do they use for ID verification? Why did you already verified my account on March 9th but confirm my ID is faked now?
Xiong Zhuang (OP)

View Profile
May 05, 2012, 01:59:26 AM

All clear.

This +1.

Don't judge so quick, if this isn't get clear, it could happened to any of us.
rjk

Activity: 448

1ngldh

View Profile
May 05, 2012, 02:12:43 AM

All clear.

This +1.

Orly? 3 different identities? And they are damn right in not saying how or why they know that it is fake - they sure as hell don't want to help all the trouble making idiots improve their fake identities.

If it isn't fake, you could probably sue to get the money back, and certainly win.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
Xiong Zhuang (OP)

View Profile
May 05, 2012, 02:41:15 AM

All clear.

This +1.

Orly? 3 different identities? And they are damn right in not saying how or why they know that it is fake - they sure as hell don't want to help all the trouble making idiots improve their fake identities.

If it isn't fake, you could probably sue to get the money back, and certainly win.

Not 3 different identities, I submitted my id, passport, bank account with my real name CM. Do you think I can use a fake id to get a passport and bank account in China? Keyur just accuse me submitted a fake ID but don't give me any detail about why and which my document is faked. If this happened to you, what would you do? I am in China so sue them seems impossible.
Bigpiggy01

Activity: 1138
Merit: 523

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2012, 06:24:48 AM

Not 3 different identities, I submitted my id, passport, bank account with my real name CM. Do you think I can use a fake id to get a passport and bank account in China? Keyur just accuse me submitted a fake ID but don't give me any detail about why and which my document is faked. If this happened to you, what would you do? I am in China so sue them seems impossible.

Dude, if you were funneling funds into multiple accounts on their exchange, you were willfully violating terms of service etc and providing them with multiple identities. That on it's own puts them in a position of have 0 obligations to you. AML and KYC law isn't just "O this didn't work let's try something different", it's one shot and you're out unless you can provide an awful lot of additional documents.

To sue them is actually a lot simpler than you may think, just go to one of the international law firms in China they are allover the place here and see if you can get one of them to take your case, yes that does cost money but money you can easily recover via the courts unless you have been doing any of the stuff Keyur informs us you have been doing. Otherwise you'd just be loosing money. Hell if you get yourself notarized and legalized (done via the Chinese foreign ministry) copies of the documents they've rejected you might find a law firm mad enough to accept your case.

Frankly you're a sad pathetic kid who needs to get a life and stop rehashing utter BS where you exploited a bug. Quite frankly I doubt that you'd actually be entitled to even the LR withdrawal you made as Mt Gox could sue you or something similar to get their costs covered from you exploiting that bug. And if you're actually in China and you've just submitted your real credentials to CampBx you're too dumb to live as:

A) Campbx and Mt Gox are both very reputable companies, what's to stop them from exchanging information in light of possible criminal proceedings, enabling Mt Gox to pursue a lawsuit in China against you, IMO this would be extremely easy for them particularly given the current political climate between Japan and China. Furthermore exploiting an obvious bug like this one would under Chinese law be considered the equivalent of grand theft landing you with a 5year minimum prison stint.

B) If you're a Chinese national in China engaging in any type of e-currency trading not licensed by the Chinese government you're already looking at a hefty fine as a minimum and quite possibly prison time as well.

Could a moderator please scammer tag this asshat.

▄▄▄█
              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀
      ▄▄█████████████████▀  ▄█
   ▄██████████████████▀ ▄▄██▀
  ███████████████▀▀  ▄▄█▀▀
 ███████████▀▀▀     ▀▀
 ██████▀▀   ▄    █
 ███▀  ▄▄████   ▐█
 █▀   ▄████▀   ▄█▌
      ▀▀▀    ▄██▌
▐▄ ▀█▄▄  ▄▄████▀
██▀  ▀▀█████▀▀
▐▌
RAPTOREUM
  TOKENIZING THE WORLD!
  ██▀
▐▌
▐║
▐║
▐▌
██▄
[ POW Algorithm: GhostRider    Anti-FPGA/ASIC ]
Assets/Tokens Masternodes Smart Contracts

.51% / Double Spend Protection, Instant Speed, Private Send.
▀██
▐▌
║▌
║▌
▐▌
▄██
█▀

█▄
◈ ──  SOCIAL MEDIA ─── ◈
Reddit Telegram Discord
Twitter  Medium GitHub
▀█
  █
  █
  █
  █
  █
▄█
Xiong Zhuang (OP)

View Profile
May 05, 2012, 06:57:17 AM

Dude, if you were funneling funds into multiple accounts on their exchange, you were willfully violating terms of service etc and providing them with multiple identities. That on it's own puts them in a position of have 0 obligations to you. AML and KYC law isn't just "O this didn't work let's try something different", it's one shot and you're out unless you can provide an awful lot of additional documents.

To sue them is actually a lot simpler than you may think, just go to one of the international law firms in China they are allover the place here and see if you can get one of them to take your case, yes that does cost money but money you can easily recover via the courts unless you have been doing any of the stuff Keyur informs us you have been doing. Otherwise you'd just be loosing money. Hell if you get yourself notarized and legalized (done via the Chinese foreign ministry) copies of the documents they've rejected you might find a law firm mad enough to accept your case.

Frankly you're a sad pathetic kid who needs to get a life and stop rehashing utter BS where you exploited a bug. Quite frankly I doubt that you'd actually be entitled to even the LR withdrawal you made as Mt Gox could sue you or something similar to get their costs covered from you exploiting that bug. And if you're actually in China and you've just submitted your real credentials to CampBx you're too dumb to live as:

A) Campbx and Mt Gox are both very reputable companies, what's to stop them from exchanging information in light of possible criminal proceedings, enabling Mt Gox to pursue a lawsuit in China against you, IMO this would be extremely easy for them particularly given the current political climate between Japan and China. Furthermore exploiting an obvious bug like this one would under Chinese law be considered the equivalent of grand theft landing you with a 5year minimum prison stint.

B) If you're a Chinese national in China engaging in any type of e-currency trading not licensed by the Chinese government you're already looking at a hefty fine as a minimum and quite possibly prison time as well.

Thanks for you long reply.

The money between Mtgox and me is clear month ago. There is no doubt about this. So it's my money Campbx is holding for eight month.

I never used a fake id or identities. I have 3 account on Campbx.com and they didn't acquire id information when I registered them, so I don't think there is any thing wrong about it.

The reason Campbx hold my money is that they think my ID is faked and which is not, so is there any way I can prove my ID is not faked? Can Chinese foreign ministry do this?
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

View Profile
May 05, 2012, 11:24:48 AM

Thanks for you long reply.

The money between Mtgox and me is clear month ago. There is no doubt about this. So it's my money Campbx is holding for eight month.

I never used a fake id or identities. I have 3 account on Campbx.com and they didn't acquire id information when I registered them, so I don't think there is any thing wrong about it.

The reason Campbx hold my money is that they think my ID is faked and which is not, so is there any way I can prove my ID is not faked? Can Chinese foreign ministry do this?

Submitting a fake ID has pushed us on to AML minefield, and we cannot help him anymore with this issue.
Yep, they can. Going to the nearest 'gong an shuo'/police station to ask someone to verify your ID is possible too IMO. You just need an authority to verify that your ID's are real and not faked.

However, having three accounts on CampBX isn't legal according to their TOS. And using three different identities does violate the AML laws. That should be one of the main reasons why CampBX withheld your money.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: