Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:05:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] ATOMIC: in SuperNET CORE - single blockchain for trading all coins&assets  (Read 58289 times)
CryptAxe

Activity: 100
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2014, 04:29:28 PM

Hi, I'm Eureka from China, a skilled C#  programer.
I believe decentraliation will change the world.
I'm the only author of the cointrade platform (website developed by me too: http://cointrade.pw ) ,Metro style using C#,WPF,MEF and so on, and you can
view Chinese screenshots here:https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=324469.0 and English screenshots here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=384366.0
I have developed many software (see http://eesoftware.com) and many websites (see http://www.ee-studio.com)
Now I will be working on the ATOMIC team building a community in China as well as helping them with development!

Welcome to the team Eureka you will be a huge help to this project and I'm glad that we have you on board! With Eureka's help we will be able to cross language barriers and help our friends in China start using ATOMIC and his help as an additional programmer on the team means that we can start moving development even faster  Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CryptAxe

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2014, 05:50:13 PM

Just to let you guys know we now have a section of our own on the superNET forum here: https://forum.thesupernet.org/index.php?board=39.0

skywave

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

"to endure to achieve"

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 08:13:35 AM

crypto-currency enthusiasts may profit by running the ATOMIC software

Can you inform us a bit more about how this will work?
Will it be a wallet-kinda-thingy? Forging?

Radix - Just Imagine  Financial Freedom   ...coming soon, to a network near you...!
suchnekky

Activity: 294

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 04:35:26 PM

jl777 do you ever finish what you start, or do you just make 999 new coins and assets with empty promises?

• ⓢⓤⓒⓗⓝⓔⓚⓚⓨ •
CryptAxe

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2014, 04:52:43 PM

crypto-currency enthusiasts may profit by running the ATOMIC software

Can you inform us a bit more about how this will work?
Will it be a wallet-kinda-thingy? Forging?

If you take a look at the documentation http://atomicdac.org/?page_id=11033 (I'd recommend downloading the odt or pdf so it's easier to read) you'll see that we are rewarding miners with two new protocols. POE (Proof Of Exchange) and POG (Proof Of Gateway). The actual process will appear to be somewhat similar to POW for miners however this process will not involve any special mining hardware like ASICs or GPUs. You would simply open up our wallet and (if enabled) automatically begin processing transactions on the ATOMIC network.

Since you are interested in more details and others may be as well I will work on getting a more detailed explanation of POE and POG into the documentation. Let me know if you have any other questions and you can keep checking here or join the mailing list on the website if you want to be alerted when we make the updates to the documentation  Smiley

skywave

Activity: 420

"to endure to achieve"

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 06:28:03 PM

You would simply open up our wallet and (if enabled) automatically begin processing transactions on the ATOMIC network.

@CryptAxe
No no mate - the info I quoted from your post above was all I needed thanks Smiley
No need to waste precious time writing even more Smiley

Radix - Just Imagine  Financial Freedom   ...coming soon, to a network near you...!
CryptAxe

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2014, 02:09:46 AM

You would simply open up our wallet and (if enabled) automatically begin processing transactions on the ATOMIC network.

@CryptAxe
No no mate - the info I quoted from your post above was all I needed thanks Smiley
No need to waste precious time writing even more Smiley

Thank you! I'll end up adding the info anyways later though just for anyone else interested.

markus1000

Activity: 153
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 08:27:05 AM

jl777 do you ever finish what you start, or do you just make 999 new coins and assets with empty promises?

ATOMIC is not a coin, please read the thread  Grin
CryptAxe

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2014, 04:34:13 PM

ATOMIC is not a coin, please read the thread  Grin

Or the documentation Smiley http://atomicdac.org/?page_id=11033

CryptAxe

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2014, 12:01:37 AM

Speaking of documentation, I've just added the final bits of information to version 1 of the documentation. The next revision will be a big one involving code samples, info graphics and we are currently in the process of working on an explainer video (this is being outsourced so it does not take away from our coding time). I hope that you can take some time to read what I have added to the documentation and leave any comments or questions!

Download the full documentation:
http://atomicdac.org/?page_id=11033

Proof Of Exchange Summary (more details soon)
   POE or Proof Of Exchange is arguably the most important contribution to crypto-currencies that the ATOMIC project will make. Proof Of Exchange is the process via which the ATOMIC network will make use of the information appended to the ledger (please read the beginning of this document for an explanation of how we will be appending the data). Once an exchange has been submitted to the ATOMIC network, it will undergo the following process and be processed according to the POE protocol.

*Initiation of exchange or transaction(s): At this point in time the cooperating exchange will have already begun the process of the exchange and will now have submitted the required information to the ATOMIC network and its nodes in order to begin the POE process. 

*Script check: The ATOMIC network will then check the transaction script's OP_RETURN attribute which will have been appended to the initial transaction to make an initial confirmation that the transaction is legitimate. This is a denial of service prevention technique which will be explained thoroughly prior to release but for now just realize that this is the least important of the security checks on the network and is entirely to prevent blockchain bloat or attempts at a massive number of false exchanges, although such attempts would be pointless due to the nature of the POE process

*ATOMIC Exchange Data: Now that the transaction has made its way into the network, but has not been appended to the blockchain (the block will not have been mined yet) the first check which is explained in the Multiple Forms of Confirmation section of this document will be performed. This involves reading the OP_RETURN information (which any wallet on the network may append information to) and if the data is valid, ATOMIC will move on to step two. Please note that the exchange will not have been confirmed at this point, it has only proven itself to possibly be valid.

*Header Data: Next, as also explained in the multiple forms of verification section, the coinbase header will be checked. Unlike the previous check however, this data is not open for appending by any member of the network. Only full nodes that are in 'mining' mode on the ATOMIC network which have proven themselves via the POG protocol are able to append information to this area of the ledger.

Breasal

Activity: 585
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 03:39:35 AM

Hi CryptAxe. I am cross-posting a quote from CIYAM (Ian) who was working on automated transactions for NXT (AT will launch on NXT testnet on Oct 15...up to devs and community to go live). CIYAM has now decided to work with the Qora platform if enough crowdsource funds are raised.

Link to ANN: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=522102.msg9125859#msg9125859

To the point: please see the bold below. It appears that Ian and his team are working on a similar project as ATOMIC. For now, it appears that it's done with a unique language created by Ian.

My purpose here is to simply be a messenger and I would hope that you and CIYAM would at least communicate ideas so not to waste time and energy. Maybe there is a chance for collaboration.

From what I know CIYAM and some members in the NXT community are in a ruffled state (nothing like a successful product to mend wounds) but that's really beside the point. Simply for what it's worth.

Just to clarify a few things - AT is *open source* (under the MIT license) and was originally written in C++ by myself (the prototype is available if you scroll down to the last link in http://ciyam.org/at).

The language that ATs use is an artificial "machine code" (that I invented) and yes we do hope down the track to be able to build higher level languages on top of it (but for now very useful ATs can be written in machine code as our use cases have already proven so we are not rushing into the development of any higher level languages).

Assuming enough funds are raised during the "crowdfunding" period then these funds will then be used to pay for time and effort on behalf of the AT team to help Qora to implement it (in a manner that will be *compatible* with other AT implementations). A portion of those funds would also be used to help get the "lottery" created and promoted (with a decent "first few rounds reward added" to help encourage participation).

We will also be developing a very exciting new "use case" for AT that could well be its "killer app". It will be an "atomic cross-chain transfer" AT that will allow transactions to effectively occur across two blockchains that are using AT.
CryptAxe

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2014, 01:42:01 AM

I wouldn't mind them using the code from the demo we are releasing if it helps them out  Smiley

criptix
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 09:25:48 PM
Last edit: October 11, 2014, 05:16:24 PM by criptix

Hi everyone, i am criptix from germany and from today on i will be working as the community manager for Atomic. I will support the development team by handling matters regarding the forum, social media and marketing for the english and german speaking area!

I started to get interested in crypto early this year and begun to mine different coins while learning alot about cryptography,
economics and daytrading.
I am sure crypto is here to stay and just needs some fine-tuning until it will reach mainstream.
I believe bitcoin created a new road by being decentralized and open source - now 5 years later we have hundreds of new coins and
assets build on different decentralized public ledgers.
The main problem i see is that the majority of trades between cryptocurrency/assets depends on centralized exchanges.
A new way was MGW being distributed.
And now we have Atomic which has the vision of closing the gap completely by enabling a decentralized exchange between different cryptocurrencys/assets.

I am sure we can build a strong community around Atomic which will in the end support the whole Cryptoverse.
Good times ahead friends Smiley

Greetings
criptix

█████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ██████
                ██████
               ██████
              ██████
             ██████
            ██████
           ██████
          ██████
         ██████
        ██████    ██████████████████▄
       ██████     ███████████████████
      ██████                   █████
  ██████
 ███████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
 ████████████████████████████████████

█████
                     ██████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ████████████████████
                 ▀██████████████████▀
.LATTICE - A New Paradigm of Decentralized Finance.

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
ThomasVeil

Activity: 252

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 09:47:45 AM

Nice one! Welcome criptix.
I'm super curious how this will turn out!
CryptAxe

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2014, 05:14:47 PM
Last edit: October 11, 2014, 05:41:14 PM by CryptAxe

Nice one! Welcome criptix.
I'm super curious how this will turn out!

If you'd like to get updates quickly there is a mailing list on our main website www.atomicdac.org Smiley By the way if you check the site in the next 20 minutes and it looks broken it's because I'm messing with it

CryptAxe

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2014, 09:59:34 PM

This is from a thread on the superNET forum but I thought everyone here might want to see it too:
Quote from: CryptAxe link=
Quote from: cobaltskky link=
I'm not understanding how this is different than InstantDEX and MGW...is this sort of like if InstantDEX and MGW hooked up and had a baby? Smiley

Up until now exchanges have had to make use of centralization (a compromise especially when you consider the fundamental points of a decentralized currency like Bitcoin) in order to even keep track of what coins are going where, what users are exchanging, who owns how many coins and meanwhile all of these coins are floating around in less than secure hot wallets.

InstantDEX offers the ability to replace a major part of the exchange process, however it needs a way to keep track of all of these exchanges so that is where a solution like ATOMIC comes into play. ATOMIC allows ANY coin without any changes to begin tracking their exchanges on one blockchain. This means there is no central authority that declares an exchange good or bad, it is decided by the nodes on the ATOMIC network via the POE and POG protocols.

Edit: Do you mind if I post your comment and my response on the bitcointalk thread? There may be others that would like to see this answer

visual111

Activity: 493

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 12:41:36 AM
Last edit: October 12, 2014, 04:26:42 AM by visual111

so ATOMIC is advertising the prices of coins across all exchanges within a block chain?

maybe this - atomic is advertising the transactions between coins across all exchanges within a blockchain? i'm not sure i understand why someone would want to participate in this? what is the incentive?

visualized it would look like this

mining is not traditional mining (PoW), but more like a PoS system? the more tokens you have, the more likely you are to earn rewards for that block?
more so PoS. much like when you open a wallet (like BTCD) and receive XX amount of BTCD relative to the size of your stake. Not sure what the incentive is to collect tokens though? to collect more tokens? which are profitable how?

what is the difference between Atomic Asset and "Atom" (token)
atomic asset holders will receive dividends for transactions (in BTC?) while atom holders will receive atoms as a forging reward

oh, so in order for a transaction to be put onto the atomic block chain, users will have to pay Atoms (tokens). then miners will be able to mine these tokens in a system similar to PoS. all they have to do is have a full node

why would someone want to pay tokens for their transaction to go onto the Atomic chain?

\

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

INTRODUCING WAVES
ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM

criptix
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 06:12:18 PM

Hi visual,
thanks for your questions and let me try to answer them:

so ATOMIC is advertising the prices of coins across all exchanges within a block chain?

maybe this - atomic is advertising the transactions between coins across all exchanges within a blockchain? i'm not sure i understand why someone would want to participate in this? what is the incentive?

visualized it would look like this

I think the best way to describe Atomic would be a decentralized exchange based on the bitcoin technology.
Basically it is a decentralized exchange run by everyone who wants to participate (as a miner) in the Atomic network.
Imagine bittrex or cryptsy without the need of a website - pure and straight cross-blockchain trading of coins/assets, that is Atomic.
You can see mining in the Atomic network as a process of exchanging coins/assets between different ledgers.

mining is not traditional mining (PoW), but more like a PoS system? the more tokens you have, the more likely you are to earn rewards for that block?
more so PoS. much like when you open a wallet (like BTCD) and receive XX amount of BTCD relative to the size of your stake. Not sure what the incentive is to collect tokens though? to collect more tokens? which are profitable how?

The mining process is based on two new protocols:
1. Proof of Exchange
2. Proof of Gateway

Proof of Exchange is the protocol that trades coins between different ledgers - it makes use of bitcoin transaction scripts and the coinbase header.
Proof of Gateway is to make Atomic as efficient as possible - it is an algorithm to rank and reward the miner(s) of the Atomic network based on how reliable, fast etc they are.  
For example holding Atoms for more then 30 days will be rewarded with a slight ranking boost (least important).
Atoms will be needed to use the Atomic network aka cross-blockchain trading of coins/assets.

what is the difference between Atomic Asset and "Atom" (token)
atomic asset holders will receive dividends for transactions (in BTC?) while atom holders will receive atoms as a forging reward

There are two kinds of fee's:
1. Transaction fee's on the Atomic ledger payed with Atoms
2. Non-Atom fee's payed in the respected currency/asset which the user wants to trade.

I.e. User A wants to trade BTC -> BTCD. User A will have to pay x Atoms (1) + x Bitcoins (2) to a special adress.

The Atom fee's will be payed to the miners, the non-Atom fee's will be payed to the Atomic asset holders.

oh, so in order for a transaction to be put onto the atomic block chain, users will have to pay Atoms (tokens). then miners will be able to mine these tokens in a system similar to PoS. all they have to do is have a full node

why would someone want to pay tokens for their transaction to go onto the Atomic chain?

because they would be able to exchange one currency/asset directly into a different one without the
need of centralized points of failure exchanges Smiley

right now what i understand is that the process will be fully decentralized and trustless - this is a total new level which we didn't saw yet.

if you didnt read the documentation yet, it already has alot of information and will be updated along with the working process:

www.atomicdac.org

I hope i could help you and make some points a bit clearer, if not just ask  Wink

█████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ██████
                ██████
               ██████
              ██████
             ██████
            ██████
           ██████
          ██████
         ██████
        ██████    ██████████████████▄
       ██████     ███████████████████
  ██████
 ███████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
 ████████████████████████████████████

█████
                     ██████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ████████████████████
                 ▀██████████████████▀
.LATTICE - A New Paradigm of Decentralized Finance.

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
CryptAxe

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2014, 07:44:37 PM

The user experience will not require any purchasing of tokens prior to making an exchange. If a user has Atoms in their wallet already, then those Atoms will be used to append exchanges to the ledger. Otherwise in the case that a user does not have any Atoms in their wallet, they will automatically be included in the ledger fee (which is insignificant). So one never has to worry about funding their wallets or anything like that, but they can if they want to. I suggest you also take a look at the POG section of the documentation as criptix has pointed out, it explains how the Atoms are going to be used for multiple purposes including measuring the age of nodes using the coinage of their oldest coin!

visual111

Activity: 493

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 02:49:15 AM

I think the best way to describe Atomic would be a decentralized exchange based on the bitcoin technology.
Basically it is a decentralized exchange run by everyone who wants to participate (as a miner) in the Atomic network.
Imagine bittrex or cryptsy without the need of a website - pure and straight cross-blockchain trading of coins/assets, that is Atomic.
You can see mining in the Atomic network as a process of exchanging coins/assets between different ledgers.

So this "decentralized exchange" called Atomic will be embedded in a GUI? (supernet GUI I'm assuming?) Which users can use to input trades with whatever pair is supported on the network.

As opposed to now where exchanges hold wallets for coins. To get NXT, you have to pay BTC usually. But if you had a coin like Bitstar and wanted NXT, you would have to convert to BTC and then you could purchase NXT because there are no BITS/NXT pairs.

With Atomic, I could just put up a BITS ask within the BITS/NXT pair and trade peer to peer? During this transaction, I will have to pay a fee in BITS and Atoms.

The user experience will not require any purchasing of tokens prior to making an exchange. If a user has Atoms in their wallet already, then those Atoms will be used to append exchanges to the ledger. Otherwise in the case that a user does not have any Atoms in their wallet, they will automatically be included in the ledger fee (which is insignificant). So one never has to worry about funding their wallets or anything like that, but they can if they want to. I suggest you also take a look at the POG section of the documentation as criptix has pointed out, it explains how the Atoms are going to be used for multiple purposes including measuring the age of nodes using the coinage of their oldest coin!

So if a person has no Atoms, they will pay extra in whatever coin they are exchanging?

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

INTRODUCING WAVES
ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: