Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 12:24:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Apple pay will make bitcoin (even more) useless. Let's deal with it.  (Read 7828 times)
Impros88 (OP)

Activity: 293
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 12:51:17 PM

things are changing. Apple pay and nfc payments are ready to go. APPLE has made agreements with main companies to have very low fees. And everything will be very safe, since fingerprint scanner and reliable iOS. I guess this will be the raising trend of next years. Other tech companies will follow. People will use their smartphones to pay basically everything. Cash will be increasingly obsolete. In 10 years or more it could even be banished. At that time, payments by smartphone will be so common and safe that even fees will be very low, almost 0. Because with the growing mass of people paying those fees, banks will be able to lower. Anyway here in UE fees are actually very low, 0,2% for debt card and 0,3% for credit card.
So let's face this problem. What is the place of bitcoin in this scenario of fast cheap safe Mney transferring? why should people use bitcoin? to Hyde their money? there are better systems. You can buy gold, or put money in a Swiss bank. Or until cash will be used, it will be the simplest solution. For people not so inside tech, it is easier to make a bag of cars than buying bitcoin.
And please don't repeat the old Bullshits of government, of new world order, Nsa watching us. These are cliche. There is no secret bank organization ruling the world. Banks are over there to make their profit offering services as every fucking company. Normal people are not even interested in hiding money, since they have nothing to Hyde. So should we appeal to criminals? It would be good if even only them used bitcoin, but I don't think so.
Well guys, if the Ponzi is going to burst, remember that I told you.
Foxpup
Legendary

Activity: 4368
Merit: 3061

Vile Vixen and Miss Bitcointalk 2021-2023

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 01:28:53 PM

why should people use bitcoin? to Hyde their money? there are better systems. You can buy gold, or put money in a Swiss bank.
I think you'll find that Swiss banks are now more Jekyll than Hyde. Cheesy

Well guys, if the Ponzi is going to burst, remember that I told you.
And if it doesn't, we'll forget everything you told us, to spare you the embarrassment? That suits me; I don't mind forgetting you. Don't let the door hit you on your way out.

Will pretend to do unspeakable things (while actually eating a taco) for bitcoins: 1K6d1EviQKX3SVKjPYmJGyWBb1avbmCFM4
I am not on the scammers' paradise known as Telegram! Do not believe anyone claiming to be me off-forum without a signed message from the above address! Accept no excuses and make no exceptions!
EnfoncerQ2

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 01:43:08 PM

keyword: realiable IOS
>reliable
>closed source
Pick one.
Impros88 (OP)

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 02:16:28 PM

not even one senseful answer.

I know my English is not perfect. ok? Hyde, hide, whatever
justusranvier
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 02:20:36 PM

If you don't want to own any Bitcoins, then you don't have to.

If believe that the only value in Bitcoin is low transaction fees, then you should sell all yours now and find something else to do with your time.

Don't worry - since Bitcoin is doomed so you won't be missing much.
seriouscoin

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 02:22:49 PM

not even one senseful answer.

I know my English is not perfect. ok? Hyde, hide, whatever

Hey dumbass, Apple Pay is only for merchants accepting payment. Bitcoin is for everyone.

Say i want to sent your ass some nickles, now can you show me how Apple Pay would let me send that nickle straight up your ass? put your iPhone right up your ass and i click send from my iphone?

No one know you were dropped and kicked in the head by your mom ... until you opened this thread.
EFFV

Activity: 278
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 02:23:03 PM

Okay, so my knowledge on Apple pay is not extensive. However, it is not comparable to Bitcoin on many levels. First, Bitcoin is a currency. Applepay is not a currency. Your money will still be subjected to the value and weaknesses of USD. Applepay does not have properties that will allow you to send money across the globe without consideration of nation states. (Gold does not have these properties either) Applepay is centralized and closed source. Payments can be undone.

From what I understand Applepay is paypal with NFC. Not anything like Bitcoin.

"A leader is best when people barely know he exists, when his work is done, his aim fulfilled, they will say: we did it ourselves."  -Lao Tzu
My Trust Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=474589.new#new
guybrushthreepwood
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1195

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 02:25:03 PM

I know this is a troll post, but everything you just described good be applied to why would we use fiat when we can use bitcoin. There are plenty of reasons why bitcoin may be a better option, and I'm sure you're already aware of these.
seriouscoin

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 02:33:17 PM

Quote from: Impros88
hi, I invested a lot at the beginning of this year thinking bitcoin would have risen again as usual, I bought many btc when it was 830 and some after when it was 660. I waited for the pump but things are getting bad. I am wo4ried. I am 26 yo I am not rich and I invested a lot of my savings. I can live without, ok, but they were my savings. What should I do now? is this the end? Will bitcoin rise again at least until 830?

I guess this dumbass sold his coins..... Grin Now hes hating.
Impros88 (OP)

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 02:50:50 PM

hi, I invested a lot at the beginning of this year thinking bitcoin would have risen again as usual, I bought many btc when it was 830 and some after when it was 660. I waited for the pump but things are getting bad. I am wo4ried. I am 26 yo I am not rich and I invested a lot of my savings. I can live without, ok, but they were my savings. What should I do now? is this the end? Will bitcoin rise again at least until 830?

un fortunately i cannot sell. I would lose 40% of my investment. Btc has deluded me a lot. At first I was involved and invested a lot, I had some savings I did not use them to live, so I tried. I won something first, I invested a second time and at third time I involved a big capital. I was unlucky. It was in December 2013.
Impros88 (OP)

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 02:53:56 PM

I know this is a troll post, but everything you just described good be applied to why would we use fiat when we can use bitcoin. There are plenty of reasons why bitcoin may be a better option, and I'm sure you're already aware of these.

yes plenty of reasons... same reasons you don't know and I don't honestly know too. Only reason I think bitcoin should rise is to make me rich and you too but hope is not enough. Ehi guys, face reality.... world is changing. Ban system is changing. Btc will soon be obsolete as every, every technology becomes. Sooner or later. I only hope later enough to reduce my loss at least. I hope in one small last bubble burst to retake my money and leave.
seriouscoin

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 02:57:52 PM

un fortunately i cannot sell. I would lose 40% of my investment. Btc has deluded me a lot. At first I was involved and invested a lot, I had some savings I did not use them to live, so I tried. I won something first, I invested a second time and at third time I involved a big capital. I was unlucky. It was in December 2013.

You like to invest into something you dont understand? Seems like a trend to you, and since you said  you "won" big.... i think you dont understand investment means..... to you its gambling.

So... now you keep making posts to show how retard you are?

Apple Pay is just a payment method service, which relies on a old as fck payment network "credit card". Do you know how many ppl with iPhone that is a subset of number CC holders?

So you think because millions ppl will use Apple Pay which makes the fees lower while did not even notice the fact that EVERY CC holders have been using CC and the fees have always been high. Now you want another middle man, and claim it will be cheaper?
seriouscoin

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 02:59:58 PM

yes plenty of reasons... same reasons you don't know and I don't honestly know too. Only reason I think bitcoin should rise is to make me rich and you too but hope is not enough. Ehi guys, face reality.... world is changing. Ban system is changing. Btc will soon be obsolete as every, every technology becomes. Sooner or later. I only hope later enough to reduce my loss at least. I hope in one small last bubble burst to retake my money and leave.

You're a typical "make me rich quick scheme" The exact garbages that are attracted to bubbles. LOL at your investment btw Cheesy

I like your sig, still begging for bitcoins?
Impros88 (OP)

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 03:03:13 PM
Last edit: September 13, 2014, 03:13:18 PM by Impros88

Okay, so my knowledge on Apple pay is not extensive. However, it is not comparable to Bitcoin on many levels. First, Bitcoin is a currency. Applepay is not a currency. Your money will still be subjected to the value and weaknesses of USD. Applepay does not have properties that will allow you to send money across the globe without consideration of nation states. (Gold does not have these properties either) Applepay is centralized and closed source. Payments can be undone.

From what I understand Applepay is paypal with NFC. Not anything like Bitcoin.

not true. not true. Main companies apple has made agreements with are all over the world. Mastercard, Visa and such are all over the world. Basically almost every merchant with a PoS can accept it. Yes, apple pay is not a currency and will use local currency. That makes this strong. People are using fiat currency right now, fiat currency, even if there is inflation, quite small really, are strong. Why? because they are accepted as paying sistem in all territory  of the nation by everyone. so purple can trust fiat currency. And they can trust the payments system which is controlled by banks. They cannot make errors, see their money lost or stolen as with bitcoin Exactely for that reason, because there is a society responsible for their money. Bank has a debt with customer. With btc you are always risky. You never feel safe. If you pay something and you don't get the service, money is lost anyway. If a thkef steals your money, it is lost. If you have an address on your pc and your pc breaks, money is lost. If there is a bubble and bitcoin loses value, money is lost. While when happened thay a fiat currency lost 50% of his value in one week? when in history?
I am not saying that banks are good. They make profit, to much profit for my opinion for their real service. But the system is working right now. Hundred Billions dollars or euros move each hour everywhere and everything works. Yes, with some fees and a small inflation set by General reserve or what it is. But it works. With future payments made by nfc everyone will be able to pay with his bank account directly without carrying cash. Why would people use bitcoin? to try a new thing? to feel active brave against evil banks? to feel heroes? seriously.

You can only offend me. You don't understand how stupid is when an adult offends another adult man in the Internet. I find this quite silly and shameful. Anyway if you feel better, offend me. I think every word I have written.

And yes I invested in btc. I believed in the idea at first and wanted to make profit too obviously as you all. I invested in a risky thing aware of it and lost. I could gain profit, big profit, it did not happen. This does not make me stupid. Only stupid people can think that losing money happens only to stupid.
jalapeneo

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 03:05:37 PM

No way that's just crap bitcoin is open source and a Currency not a Payment system!
seriouscoin

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 03:13:47 PM

Why would people use bitcoin? to try a new thing? to feel active brave against evil banks? to feel heroes? seriously.

to give money to beggars on the internet:

hi guys, I am 26 an Italian. I am into bitcoin since more than one year ago. I did some small profit at first. I graduated as lawyer one year ago too but cannot find a job as lawyer. Here if you don't have family or friends in that area it is very difficult to make on your own a legal career. So I have found a part time job but I hardly can survive. Especially since my daughter was born. I pay the rent of the room/house where I live, I pay bills, food to survive and have nothing more. italian wages for low rank jobs like mine are very low. I have a daughter since 1 year and half ago and that increased a lot my expenses. I have to ask money to my parents but they cannot always help me. My dad is ill and cannot work a lot. My girlfriend who is the mother of my daughter left me with the baby. She continued studying and she has a new boyfriend. Yes, I invested in btc in several steps and the last time in December 2013. Then again in January because I thought it was going to raise. I did not have much, only 9 and something btc, but they were the savings of years. Investing  in btc I knew it was risky but I was trying to change life, since I had done it in April and October gaining something, I thought to do it again.
I don't want to beg money but if you believe my story and want to help me, if you maybe have a lot for yourself already, you can contact me, we can chat on skype, I have a Webcam in my laptop so you can see where I live with your eyes and you can see my beautiful little girl too, she is lovable. If you have even 0,01 btc or less you want  to send me, I will be thankful, and my daughter too. I don't like to complain, but some days I keep myself rather hungry to give my daughter everything she needs. And she needs a lot. My part time job gives me only 600 euro and I have to pay everything with that. If you don't believe me or belive but don't want to help me, there is no problem. I will do it alone as I have always done. Thanks all and greetings.
Impros88 (OP)

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 03:24:26 PM

Why would people use bitcoin? to try a new thing? to feel active brave against evil banks? to feel heroes? seriously.

to give money to beggars on the internet:

hi guys, I am 26 an Italian. I am into bitcoin since more than one year ago. I did some small profit at first. I graduated as lawyer one year ago too but cannot find a job as lawyer. Here if you don't have family or friends in that area it is very difficult to make on your own a legal career. So I have found a part time job but I hardly can survive. Especially since my daughter was born. I pay the rent of the room/house where I live, I pay bills, food to survive and have nothing more. italian wages for low rank jobs like mine are very low. I have a daughter since 1 year and half ago and that increased a lot my expenses. I have to ask money to my parents but they cannot always help me. My dad is ill and cannot work a lot. My girlfriend who is the mother of my daughter left me with the baby. She continued studying and she has a new boyfriend. Yes, I invested in btc in several steps and the last time in December 2013. Then again in January because I thought it was going to raise. I did not have much, only 9 and something btc, but they were the savings of years. Investing  in btc I knew it was risky but I was trying to change life, since I had done it in April and October gaining something, I thought to do it again.
I don't want to beg money but if you believe my story and want to help me, if you maybe have a lot for yourself already, you can contact me, we can chat on skype, I have a Webcam in my laptop so you can see where I live with your eyes and you can see my beautiful little girl too, she is lovable. If you have even 0,01 btc or less you want  to send me, I will be thankful, and my daughter too. I don't like to complain, but some days I keep myself rather hungry to give my daughter everything she needs. And she needs a lot. My part time job gives me only 600 euro and I have to pay everything with that. If you don't believe me or belive but don't want to help me, there is no problem. I will do it alone as I have always done. Thanks all and greetings.

what is wrong in telling your own story? people are free to make their choice. I am not a beggar. Even if I was one, I do t see why being a beggar is a so bad thing. They are unlucky people who need help. Only that
acoindr
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 03:54:30 PM
Last edit: September 13, 2014, 05:21:24 PM by acoindr

OP, you are missing the point of Bitcoin.

The reason people are so excited about Bitcoin is not that it will make paying for things easy. Paying for things easily has been around a long time. I was one of the people that started transitioning to cashless transactions, long before bitcoin. I'd pay for gas, groceries, restaurants etc., all using my debit or credit cards.

I even had a foolproof system, which I set up for my mom too after she was the victim of card fraud: create a small balance, transaction only checking account. For example set up a bank account with about $200-400. Never put any more money in. Use a separate checking account for your main account, and use the small checking account for day-to-day purchases. That way, even if your card is lost/stolen/fraud victimized, you can never lose more than the small balance.

This, to me, was ultimate convenience - even faster than ApplePay etc., because there is no fumbling with passwords, buttons, power or anything electronic. You just pull out your thin, lightweight plastic card and swipe it... bam, transaction approved. Done.

After I heard about Bitcoin and understood it I was BLOWN away at the possibilities and implications for it, and this had nothing to do with convenient transactions (I already had that). The first thing I recognized as valuable was the limited supply of 21M. That's in stark contrast to almost every other modern day money system which is printed - usually without transparency - by central banks, resulting in inflation and lost purchasing power. That feature alone is huge. Imagine if everyone in the world was stuck to the ground by gravity, but you had the ability to float. How much would that make you stand out? That's similar to the contrast between Bitcoin versus the rest of the world's money systems.

The second gigantic feature of Bitcoin is the ability to move value from one place to anywhere in the world, without asking permission, and as a bonus, without even paying much in fees, and in fact zero fees being possible. Anyone who can't see how incredibly powerful a feature that is simply doesn't have a good appreciation of the limits of financial systems the world has had for all of its history.

ApplePay, Google Wallet, debit cards, or whatever else you want to dream of for convenient payments is all built upon the existing old financial system. That's why Bitcoin remains quite relevant.

abercrombie
Legendary

Activity: 1159
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 04:01:29 PM

Bank cards protect the buyer, seller is still at risk of charge backs. 
Impros88 (OP)

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 04:07:40 PM

OP, you are missing the point of Bitcoin.

The reason people are so excited about Bitcoin is not that it will make paying for things easy. Paying for things easily has been around a long time. I was one of the people that started transitioning to cashless transactions, long before bitcoin. I'd pay for gas, groceries, restaurants etc., all using my debit or credit cards.

I even had a foolproof system, which I set up for my mom too after she was the victim of card fraud: create a small balance, transaction only checking account. For example set up a bank account with about $200-400. Never put any more money in. Use a separate checking account for your main account, and use the small checking account for day-to-day purchases. That way, even if your card is lost/stolen/fraud victimized, you can never lose more than the small balance.

This, to me, was ultimate convenience - even faster than ApplePay etc., because there is no fumbling with passwords, buttons, power or anything electronic. You just pull out your thin, lightweight plastic card and swipe it... bam, transaction approved. Done.

After I heard about Bitcoin and understood it I was BLOWN away at the possibilities and implications for it, and this had nothing to do with convenient transactions (I already had that). The first thing I recognized as valuable was the limited supply of 21M. That's in stark contrast to almost every other modern day money system which is printed - usually without transparency - by central banks, resulting in inflation and lost purchasing power. That feature alone is huge. Imagine if everyone in the world was stuck to the ground by gravity, but you had the ability to float. How much would that make you stand out? That's similar to the contrast between Bitcoin versus the rest of the world's money systems.

The second gigantic feature of Bitcoin is the ability to move value from one place to anywhere in the world, without asking permission, and as a bonus, without even pay very much in fees, and in fact zero fees being possible. Anyone who can't see how incredibly powerful a feature that is simply doesn't have a good appreciation of the limits of financial systems the world has dealt with for all of its history to date.

Adding ApplePay, Google Wallet, debit cards, or whatever else you want to dream of for convenient payments is all built upon the existing old financial system. That's why Bitcoin remains quite relevant.

with PayPal and Google wallet you can send money to everyone in the world without permission already.
Buy seriously, when does it actually happen that you need to pay someone from the other part of the world?  When t does thka happen in the life of. common citizen? Common citizen spends most life in his country, buying in  shops inside his country, not buying from abroad. Unless you buy on eBay on some limited case. But even there you usually pay the merchant as if it was in your country and problem solved.

Then, inflation. Inflation is not a negative thing. Inflation tells a lot of the economy of a nation at a certain moment.  small inflation is healthy usually. High inflation or deflation are negative. If for example you have 0,4% inflation a year, you would need 20 years keeping your money immobile to see them losing only 8% of their value. Bitcoin can lose 20% of its value in one day. Which one would you chose?

You cannot have a single money for different economies. That has already been done for Europe with euros and is creating many problems.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: