Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 06:46:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Feds Developing Technology to Detect Obesity from Your Picture  (Read 2268 times)
Bonam

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 10:13:57 AM

So your answer is for the governments to step in and control everyone's diets and then punish anybody who doesn't meet their criteria for a healthy person?  Where do you think it will end once we head down that road and is your freedom really worth the extra room on a plane ride?  Don't you think it is a little unfair to force this type of thing on people for such a silly reason?

To be honest I agree with all your points Smiley

Anyway, I dunno about government, but insurance companies should definitely be charging obese people higher premiums, airlines should charge passengers for tickets by the pound (both body weight and luggage), etc. Government probably should just stay out of the way of companies doing such things, and maybe work on outreach/labeling/education explaining the negative health effects of obesity, similar to what they do with smoking. All that has little to do with this thread though, as any entity that would want to treat you differently based on your weight already has adequate ways to find out what you weigh...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
awesome31312

Activity: 826
Merit: 504

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 02:33:22 PM

If the information is being stored and used to prohibit people in any way then I don't support it and it's likely going to be flawed on some way that will have a negative impact on many people in some from or fashion.

Maybe those people could get off their asses and get some exercise. I'm tired of society pretending obese people are not obese. Ever try being sandwiched between two obese people on a plane? Or paying the same for a ticket as someone 4 times your weight?

So your answer is for the governments to step in and control everyone's diets and then punish anybody who doesn't meet their criteria for a healthy person?  Where do you think it will end once we head down that road and is your freedom really worth the extra room on a plane ride?  Don't you think it is a little unfair to force this type of thing on people for such a silly reason?

Kind of reminds you from that scene in 'Idiocracy' where the police are there to "make sure" that prostitutes "put out" by watching you performing the act

Account recovered 08-12-2019
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 03:49:26 PM

If I can detect obesity from a picture, I'm pretty sure anyone in the govt can also. So again, why is this such a feat?

Presumably because it won't be a person looking at a picture, but an algorithm that can be part of an app on your smartphone or whatever. Developing an algorithm that can accurately determine someone's BMI to within say +/- 5 or 10 % by only analyzing a photograph of their face sounds non-trivial.

I can't wait for people taking pictures of me while walking down the street, then sharing them with my BMI index on facebook... What an amazing tool  Roll Eyes Tongue Roll Eyes

williamj2543

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Get ready for PrimeDice Sig Campaign!

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2014, 03:50:25 PM

Or the doctors could just weight them Tongue

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
counter

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

Time is on our side, yes it is!

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 04:16:20 PM

Kind of reminds you from that scene in 'Idiocracy' where the police are there to "make sure" that prostitutes "put out" by watching you performing the act

Well done, that is hilarious. I love the comparisons to Idiocracy and todays society.  It really puts things into perspective, that film is a great parody of todays society.   Grin
niothor

Merit: 501

in defi we trust

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 04:18:17 PM

I don't get it; we can already calculate BMI, so anyone who wants to know, can know.  It seems like they're trying to create a database, and didn't want to ask people to submit a picture of themselves directly.
Exactly. The want to collect more without your permission. Databases of personal information are worth millions.

The government already has those stored from your id and your driving license.
And from facebook Wink.

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
  ▄█▄              ▄███████▄
  ▀████▄▄         ██████▀██████▀
    ▀▀▀████▄▄     ███████████▀
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
▀█▄▄     ▀████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for
Decentralized Trading Instruments

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀███████▄
████████████▀▀    ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄   ███████
██████▀▀     █    ███████
████▀       █     ███████
█████▄▄   ▄█      ███████
████████ ██▄      ███████
▀████████ ▀▄███▄▄███████▀
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
██████▀▀          ▀▀██████
█████▀   ▄      ▄   ▀█████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▀  ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀  ▀████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀                  ▀███
███       ▄    ▄       ███
██▀      ███  ███      ▀██
██       ▀█▀  ▀█▀       ██
██▄     ▄        ▄     ▄██
▀██▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀     ███▀
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 04:19:33 PM

If the information is being stored and used to prohibit people in any way then I don't support it and it's likely going to be flawed on some way that will have a negative impact on many people in some from or fashion.

Maybe those people could get off their asses and get some exercise. I'm tired of society pretending obese people are not obese. Ever try being sandwiched between two obese people on a plane? Or paying the same for a ticket as someone 4 times your weight?

The government should do something about smelly people too. How come you have devices that can "smell" terrorists but not smelly people before being stuck with them in a 12 hour flight? How about dirty babies that cry non stop? I mean you make sure not to bring more stupid people on this planet. How come others don't do like me? The government should do something about this.

And... Viva El Bitcoin! Viva La revolucion! Gracias. Now keep that smelly crying baby quiet and away from ME will you?

niothor

in defi we trust

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 04:24:12 PM

The government should do something about smelly people too. How come you have devices that can "smell" terrorists but not smelly people before being stuck with them in a 12 hour flight? How about dirty babies that cry non stop? I mean you make sure not to bring more stupid people on this planet. How come others don't do like me? The government should do something about this.

And... Viva El Bitcoin! Viva La revolucion! Gracias. Now keep that smelly crying baby quiet and away from ME will you?

How about we view this from another point of view.
Last time I saw one of the those overweight guys being brought to the hospital there was an army of doctors and firemen , they brought a crane to get him out of the window , and then they had to call in a special ambulance since he couldn't be fitted in.

Then they took him into hospital gave him the best treatment , numerous operations and for nothing.

So , why should we all pay for this circus when the guy could have been prevented to go whale size one or two years before?

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
umair127

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 04:32:54 PM

Why? 0bamacare gives them access to all of our medical records. I know .gov doesn't give a shit about saving money, but calculating this off medical records is a hell of a lot easier and more accurate than this camera mumbo jumbo.

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 04:37:16 PM

Last time I saw one of the those overweight guys being brought to the hospital there was an army of doctors and firemen , they brought a crane to get him out of the window , and then they had to call in a special ambulance since he couldn't be fitted in.

Then they took him into hospital gave him the best treatment , numerous operations and for nothing.

So , why should we all pay for this circus when the guy could have been prevented to go whale size one or two years before?

So , why should we all pay for this circus?

Why should we? Cops. E.R. Ambulance staff. Can't we simply eliminate people who like to drink too much?  (and yes those are pictures of drunk women. Can't stand looking at drunk guys Wink

niothor

in defi we trust

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 04:46:40 PM

Why should we? Cops. E.R. Ambulance staff. Can't we simply eliminate people who like to drink too much?  (and yes those are pictures of drunk women. Can't stand looking at drunk guys Wink

Simple solution. Make them pay for all the cost , police , ambulance etc if the help received was for something caused by their own actions.

So you get drunk the police needs to pick you up from the street and you need medical care to stand on two legs , pay for it.

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 04:54:25 PM

Simple solution. Make them pay for all the cost , police , ambulance etc if the help received was for something caused by their own actions.

So you get drunk the police needs to pick you up from the street and you need medical care to stand on two legs , pay for it.

How about those stupid surfers who need help in the middle of a hurricane? Should we not help or help, then telling them to pay for the bill they cost?

Should we tax stupidity? Who decide what is or not stupid? "A society of people who think the same?"

niothor

in defi we trust

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 05:02:39 PM

How about those stupid surfers who need help in the middle of a hurricane? Should we not help or help, then telling them to pay for the bill they cost?

Should we tax stupidity? Who decide what is or not stupid? "A society of people who think the same?"

Not stupidity. You can be stupid by putting ice cream on your head or watching tokyo mew mew but that wound't cost tax payers money.

And yes , people who put their own life in jeopardy and require the intervention of the authorities should e charged for the cost of saving them.

A statistics in my country is that for every 10 calls the ambulance is answering one will have to wait 30 minutes because we lack the number of medical teams and cars. If after you get drunk in the street you're going to be presented with a 2000 euros bills I doubt some of them will do it again.

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 06:29:42 PM

Not stupidity. You can be stupid by putting ice cream on your head or watching tokyo mew mew but that wound't cost tax payers money.

And yes , people who put their own life in jeopardy and require the intervention of the authorities should e charged for the cost of saving them.

A statistics in my country is that for every 10 calls the ambulance is answering one will have to wait 30 minutes because we lack the number of medical teams and cars. If after you get drunk in the street you're going to be presented with a 2000 euros bills I doubt some of them will do it again.

But if you bill people for being drunk aren't you punishing and criminalizing victims of alcohol addiction?  Wink

niothor

in defi we trust

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 06:43:48 PM

But if you bill people for being drunk aren't you punishing and criminalizing victims of alcohol addiction?  Wink

And by sending rapist to jail we punish the poor guys who can't get laid in the normal way? Right?

You can go drunk , have your fun , get drunk again , I won't care but when out of your own stupidity you cost taxpayers extra money , they pay up.

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 07:08:15 PM

And by sending rapist to jail we punish the poor guys who can't get laid in the normal way? Right?

You can go drunk , have your fun , get drunk again , I won't care but when out of your own stupidity you cost taxpayers extra money , they pay up.

the status quo is what feeds society. How are we going to keep our jail from being empty? Who is going to buy our prescriptions?Alcohol taxes help feed the children.....
niothor

in defi we trust

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 07:12:11 PM

But if you bill people for being drunk aren't you punishing and criminalizing victims of alcohol addiction?  Wink

the status quo is what feeds society. How are we going to keep our jail from being empty? Who is going to buy our prescriptions?Alcohol taxes help feed the children.....

Again I'm not against drinking or getting drunk but against overdoing it and bringing harm to others by doing that.
As for the tax money , if they don't buy alcohol they will buy chocolate or pretzels , so the tax money will still be there..

One example , the hospital in one of our medium towns has spend 300 000 euros last years in treating drunks alone.
And this is Romania , where the average wage is 500E.

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 07:15:20 PM

Again I'm not against drinking or getting drunk but against overdoing it and bringing harm to others by doing that.
As for the tax money , if they don't buy alcohol they will buy chocolate or pretzels , so the tax money will still be there/

... thus becoming obese. But at least society will get the taxes from those sales too...

niothor

in defi we trust

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 07:21:09 PM

As for the tax money , if they don't buy alcohol they will buy chocolate or pretzels , so the tax money will still be there/

... thus becoming obese. But at least society will get the taxes from those sales too...

Have them eat some bellpeppers then , that might cure obesity...

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 08:04:12 PM

Have them eat some bellpeppers then , that might cure obesity...

She is on the case...
http://eagnews.org/looks-more-like-a-piece-of-paper-than-a-sub-roll-new-york-schools-drop-michelle-os-lunch-program/

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: