Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 04:04:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: CrazyLoaf's CrazySteak(TM) High PoS Investment Journal  (Read 18508 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
CrazyLoaf (OP)

Activity: 763
Merit: 534

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 02:25:36 AM

CrazyLoaf... a nutless monkey.

Damn, you're right. I forgot to put that in my last post.

Anyway, I'll add a disclaimer here that it's analysis from a nutless monkey.

MonkeyBread is pretty good. Mmmmmmmmmm. And I don't think you want nuts in that anyway (wouldn't hurt I guess), so it's cool.

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mtwelve
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1009

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2014, 01:01:34 AM

Looking into XQN, thanks for the tip! But yeah good updates as always CrazyLoaf.

HIRE ME FOR SEO, SOCIAL MEDIA, COPYWRITING, AND MORE: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5100134.0
mtwelve
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2014, 02:00:34 AM

I've been looking into dabbling in LTCGear, as I bought in HYP from the 1K+ satoshi range Tongue. LTCGear looks legit, might consider buying into XQN just to dabble with the POS rate as well as the interesting motives.

HIRE ME FOR SEO, SOCIAL MEDIA, COPYWRITING, AND MORE: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5100134.0
Zer0Sum
Legendary

Activity: 1588
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 13, 2014, 05:58:43 PM

Looking into XQN, thanks for the tip! But yeah good updates as always CrazyLoaf.
On alts, fact is, use case is very important. I thought HYP could compete in the social space. It still can, but I've noticed a lot of the community moving over to XQN and other high PoS coins. If XQN could combine use case + social aspects, it could be an interesting coin. The market caps on both XAI and XQN are interesting to me. Both are roughly $50k and less (well XQN is $60k right now). Look around at coins with that market cap; you probably see a lot of dead names.

The only thing I've seen within the space lately is a lot of competing anon solutions. I don't know about you, but I think we need a decentralized post office before decentralized money for those markets to work for the items people want them to work for Wink

On the other hand, watching the video on XAI was the first time I was *excited* for a crypto in a LOOOOOOOOOOONG time. I can see XQN + XAI, if properly developed, being the sort of assets that serious investors look at when coming into crypto.

It's about time someone tried to actually "monetize" these PoS networks...
But it's important to read beyond the sexy buzzwords and cool VaporMaps.

According to the LinkedIn profile XAI's awesome leadership...
Consists of a guy with no university education, no background in AI and no background in quantitative trading.

As someone with all 3, I find this hilarious.

Anyone can say, "We're gonna throw AI on a blockchain"...
And roadmap vague stuff usually developed by people with advanced degrees making $250K on Wall Street...
But, hey, they referenced a sci-fi movie for credibility. Take my money, please.

Still, it's a cut above HYP... at least they are pretending to do adult things.
billotronic
Legendary

Activity: 1610

Crackpot Idealist

View Profile
December 13, 2014, 07:57:28 PM

lol im sorry HyperStake is not working on a decentralized poker platform or other serious endeavours for you.

This post sums up why all this bullshit is a scam
Read It. Hate It. Change the facts that it represents.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1606638.msg16139644#msg16139644
Zer0Sum
Legendary

View Profile
December 14, 2014, 03:43:14 AM

On alts, fact is, use case is very important. I thought HYP could compete in the social space. It still can, but I've noticed a lot of the community moving over to XQN and other high PoS coins. If XQN could combine use case + social aspects, it could be an interesting coin. The market caps on both XAI and XQN are interesting to me. Both are roughly $50k and less (well XQN is $60k right now). Look around at coins with that market cap; you probably see a lot of dead names.

The only thing I've seen within the space lately is a lot of competing anon solutions. I don't know about you, but I think we need a decentralized post office before decentralized money for those markets to work for the items people want them to work for Wink

On the other hand, watching the video on XAI was the first time I was *excited* for a crypto in a LOOOOOOOOOOONG time. I can see XQN + XAI, if properly developed, being the sort of assets that serious investors look at when coming into crypto.

It's about time someone tried to actually "monetize" these PoS networks...
But it's important to read beyond the sexy buzzwords and cool VaporMaps.

According to the LinkedIn profile XAI's awesome leadership...
Consists of a guy with no university education, no background in AI and no background in quantitative trading.

As someone with all 3, I find this hilarious.

Anyone can say, "We're gonna throw AI on a blockchain"...
And roadmap vague stuff usually developed by people with advanced degrees making $250K on Wall Street...
But, hey, they referenced a sci-fi movie for credibility. Take my money, please.

Still, it's a cut above HYP... at least they are pretending to do adult things.

Richard Branson didn't pass his A levels, and yet he's running a space program.

Okay, one of them blew up, but that's not the point Tongue

I will say that seeing www.blockchainsingularity.com and reading all the materials seemed far less buzzword-y than a lot of things I had seen. Actually, I saw XQN a few months ago, but ignored it since it seemed to sound *too* good, but now that I see the connection and the guy putting his name on the line, I'm more interested.

Too many involved in high PoS coins seem to take the lying parent role and "all their high PoS coins are special." It's high time we cut the crap and focus on one with the best chance of succeeding. It's crazy none of them have been able to crash above Novacoin, which really doesn't bring anything to the table at all and doesn't even function as a high PoS coin even at it's crappy 35% a year rate (on 1,000 coins and 24/7 unlocked wallet, I think I got 6 staked coins over 4+ months).  

Market cap was and is low enough to get me interested on these 2 coins. Like I said, I moved onto where the real whales with money to burn are hanging out (LTCGear). These just caught my eye.

http://www.blockchainsingularity.com/

Have you read this? Do you realize that this makes absolutely no sense? And the "whitepaper" is long gone.

It's basically a series of sentences that are non-sequiturs...
Or a buzzword is tossed out and then never referenced again or tied in.

The only source of revenue is amorphous "algorithmic trading"... Of What? By whom?
There is no point even explaining how actual "algorithmic trading" works to people that would swallow this shit.

So they are going to link all Alts together, sure let's call it "block singularity"...
And build a "massive" neural network on top of this...
And then the network is going to "learn" and become "sapient" just like in that movie...
And for some reason sophisticated finance pros are going to pay to plug into this thing?

And 6 months away? OK
"invited to a special Slack group where we can collaborate to fulfill the mission of the project." OK

So they built a nice wallet... and are experimenting with hourly ultra-staking...
But what they are promoting is far more complex than SuperNET minus the genius of NXT and JL777.
Zer0Sum
Legendary

View Profile
December 14, 2014, 03:45:42 AM

lol im sorry HyperStake is not working on a decentralized poker platform or other serious endeavours for you.

lol.

HYP is probably the only high stake coin I've lost money on...
As have at least 90% of the people involved with HYP.

You guys are every bit as shameless as the Monero crowd...
There must be some connection... wait... it's that guy... whatshisname.
mtwelve
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2014, 06:02:55 PM

lol.

Its all about when you got in (aka Perspective). Lets take Bitcoin, what about the people that got in right at the $1k mark? Or Litecoin or Vertcoin and got in near their ATHs, of course they're going to say stuff negatively.

All about how you look at it.

presstab
Legendary

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
December 14, 2014, 06:39:18 PM

lol.

HyperStake is 6 months old. Anybody that has sold out at this point is probably a trader not an investor. If you haven't made money, then you aren't a good trader and should probably try some new trading methods.

http://www.investopedia.com/ask/answers/12/difference-investing-trading.asp
Investing and trading are two very different methods of attempting to profit in the financial markets. The goal of investing is to gradually build wealth over an extended period of time through the buying and holding of a portfolio of stocks, baskets of stocks, mutual funds, bonds and other investment instruments. Investors often enhance their profits through compounding, or reinvesting any profits and dividends into additional shares of stock. Investments are often held for a period of years, or even decades, taking advantage of perks like interest, dividends and stock splits along the way. While markets inevitably fluctuate, investors will "ride out" the downtrends with the expectation that prices will rebound and any losses will eventually be recovered. Investors are typically more concerned with market fundamentals, such as price/earnings ratios and management forecasts.

Projects I Contribute To: libzerocoin | Veil | PIVX | HyperStake | Crown | SaluS
rocoro
Legendary

Activity: 938

View Profile
December 31, 2014, 04:07:13 PM

LTCGEAR

While waiting on the sidelines, I discovered ltcgear.com. Cloud mining gets a bad rap, but the person behind this site made one of the first if not the first scrypt ASICs over 14 months ago. People were able to physically order and receive the device and use it.

I have to say, the difference between something like LTCGear and the usual altcoin trash is night and day. For example, I saw during the Black Friday weekend $120k in group buys go down on some of the shares. No mess, no fuss. Such volume puts in in the top 5 or crypto coins on CMC if it was a coin. And this was from the shrimp! The real whales were eating new shares in gulps of 30+ BTC a go!

Really, a lot of what this illuminated to me is that there is a real gulf between BTC and LTC and all the other coins. I mean the number of money flowing around LTCGear is insane, so that makes a pretty strong moat for the LTC network.

Now, I'm going to go ahead and drop my affiliate link here. Probably won't do me any good and people will bitch, but that's fine. I used an affiliate link for the person who told me about LTCGear since it really operates like how I had hoped high PoS would. Mining payout right to my wallet every Friday. No FUD, no fuss.

There are two options right now. The old Scrypt only rigs and the newer multi-algo ones. Links are below. The first group will benefit from the Dec. 24th multiplication (unlike other cloud services, LTCGear helps owners keep up with difficulty by raising the "power" of shares every 6 weeks).

So how is ltcgear working out for Crazyloaf?

Sounds like it might be a scam..

http://newsbtc.com/2014/12/30/hashie-ltcgear-users-bitcoins/

Edit:  Well it looks like the site is still there and they supposedly upgraded their server.. 
Maybe ltcgear is ok yet ?? 

CrazyLoaf (OP)

View Profile
December 31, 2014, 07:36:44 PM

LTCGEAR

While waiting on the sidelines, I discovered ltcgear.com. Cloud mining gets a bad rap, but the person behind this site made one of the first if not the first scrypt ASICs over 14 months ago. People were able to physically order and receive the device and use it.

I have to say, the difference between something like LTCGear and the usual altcoin trash is night and day. For example, I saw during the Black Friday weekend $120k in group buys go down on some of the shares. No mess, no fuss. Such volume puts in in the top 5 or crypto coins on CMC if it was a coin. And this was from the shrimp! The real whales were eating new shares in gulps of 30+ BTC a go!

Really, a lot of what this illuminated to me is that there is a real gulf between BTC and LTC and all the other coins. I mean the number of money flowing around LTCGear is insane, so that makes a pretty strong moat for the LTC network.

Now, I'm going to go ahead and drop my affiliate link here. Probably won't do me any good and people will bitch, but that's fine. I used an affiliate link for the person who told me about LTCGear since it really operates like how I had hoped high PoS would. Mining payout right to my wallet every Friday. No FUD, no fuss.

There are two options right now. The old Scrypt only rigs and the newer multi-algo ones. Links are below. The first group will benefit from the Dec. 24th multiplication (unlike other cloud services, LTCGear helps owners keep up with difficulty by raising the "power" of shares every 6 weeks).

So how is ltcgear working out for Crazyloaf?

Sounds like it might be a scam..

http://newsbtc.com/2014/12/30/hashie-ltcgear-users-bitcoins/

Edit:  Well it looks like the site is still there and they supposedly upgraded their server.. 
Maybe ltcgear is ok yet ?? 

I got over 50% ROI before this happened. I'm hodling the rest since I'm crazy. If it works out, fine, if not, it will suck, but hasn't performed as poorly as some alts I've seen at least.

I don't really have anything within crypto I'd invest the remainder in, hence my indifference.
Zombier0

Activity: 435
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 01, 2015, 10:40:39 PM

CrazyLoaf since there is not many high PoS coins (because they mostky suck Hbn was best but nowmprice is bad), whats your take of smaller stake coins but with better prices and markets ie getting 100k Excl and staking it for a month. It stakes 1% a year butnit stakes few hours old coins so itsmeasy to stake

David Latapie

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2015, 09:01:03 PM

Nice to meet you too.

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro
psybits
Legendary

Activity: 1386

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 10:07:06 PM

Is HYPER in your portfolio yet CrazyLoaf?

Over 50 BTC trading volume on Bittrex, 5% monthly PoS for another 4.5 years, and many developers working on various projects: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=624651.0

It's my favorite high PoS coin by far (due to the overly active dev team) and the only one that has steadily increased in value over the last 6 months.
jertsy

Activity: 341
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 10:19:05 PM

Does anyone think there's any hope left for hobonickels?
CrazyLoaf (OP)

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 12:03:07 AM

Aw, yeah, I forget about HYPER, but yeah, they could do something too. So it's either them on NVC in the next BTC rage pump.

Honestly, I never liked HYPER that much due to the massive pre-mine. I also think the overall idea is kind of weak in that a BTC app could just be made that does what HYPER is trying to do.
vegasguy
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1003

"Yobit pump alert software" Link in my signature!

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 01:43:49 AM

I know its not super high pos, but have you taken a hard look at Diamond DMD coin ? 50% interest.

I want to make sure everyone knows that I just released my software called "Yobit pump alert". THis is custom software that uses an algo to detect the start of a pump here on yobit, the second it starts. YOu can even filter the coins you see by price. Most pumps start less than 100 sats , so you can easily filter the cheap coins, so they are the only ones displayed Smiley https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1945937.msg20241953#msg20241953
CrazyLoaf (OP)

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 02:00:52 AM

I know its not super high pos, but have you taken a hard look at Diamond DMD coin ? 50% interest.

Yeah, it's squeaking by at the lower part of the first page on CMC. Honestly I looked at it plus HYPER before, as well as a bunch of other coins, and didn't like it. Unless something has changed, I don't see what will take it to say $400k, or above market cap.

The only altcoins I'm in atm are XAI (Sapience), XQN (Quotient), and SDC (Shadowcash), as well as possible scam LTCGear. Of these, only XQN is high PoS.

psybits
Legendary

Activity: 1386

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 03:37:01 AM

Yeah, it's squeaking by at the lower part of the first page on CMC. Honestly I looked at it plus HYPER before, as well as a bunch of other coins, and didn't like it. Unless something has changed, I don't see what will take it to say $400k, or above market cap.

The only altcoins I'm in atm are XAI (Sapience), XQN (Quotient), and SDC (Shadowcash), as well as possible scam LTCGear. Of these, only XQN is high PoS.

Fair enough. Well you should take a look at the HYPER thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=624651.0 wiki http://hypercrypto.com/wiki and twitter http://twitter.com/hypercrypto there has been a lot of development and there is a lot more on the way. Someone just made this video today for example https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMTt3zAJgpg

Honestly I see more development happening with HYPER and it's ecosystem than 99% of alts out there. The 5% monthly PoS is nice too Grin But it sounds like maybe you aren't so much into the PoS coins anymore.
iGotSpots
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054

CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2015, 03:43:53 AM

He just dumps lol

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: