Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 10:53:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: CrazyLoaf's CrazySteak(TM) High PoS Investment Journal  (Read 18509 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
5ick3uffalo
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 12:12:10 PM

What´s your thoughts on SSD (Sonic Drewdriver) SHA 256 PoS coin?

Sonic is only 20% PoS. You don't see a compounding effect until 25% based on StakeHunter's analysis. I don't think that's high enough. Also it seems to have the same investment base as SUPER, in that they are looking for anon features vs high PoS. What does everyone else think?

The "only" 20% PoS aside, i have to admit awesome features. Also the SonicVortex App where you cand send crypto hidden in pictures seems nice.

(Not checked it out 100%. I´m playing around with it soon to know it more then maybe we can send us some emails with hidden currency in pictures then? Cheesy)

lol as you mention SUPER here, i just bought some a while back before and i own some in my craptsy account.Didnt even knew was a PoS Coin, just bought of its name same as SEXCOIN.

Ah and keep up the nice work i´ll keep watching.

BTC: 1Dw9feZAGSeHvaiQ55T7C92VAAXB2nVKKk
presstab
Legendary

Activity: 1330

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 03:01:42 PM

HBN has been on a nice steady climb recently ! Great to see hit .0001 again today.  Wish I had grabbed more when it was at 0.00005! 

I picked up some more HYP to diversify my own PoS portfolio. Should be interesting to see how fast the coins rolls in from the super-stake.

I am happy to see HBN climb.  I think if HBN positions itself correctly, it can be seen as the stable exchange rate PoS coin to park your money and clip off the stake.

Projects I Contribute To: libzerocoin | Veil | PIVX | HyperStake | Crown | SaluS
Majormax
Legendary

Activity: 2534
Merit: 1129

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2014, 03:38:36 PM

HBN has been on a nice steady climb recently ! Great to see hit .0001 again today.  Wish I had grabbed more when it was at 0.00005!  

I picked up some more HYP to diversify my own PoS portfolio. Should be interesting to see how fast the coins rolls in from the super-stake.

I am happy to see HBN climb.  I think if HBN positions itself correctly, it can be seen as the stable exchange rate PoS coin to park your money and clip off the stake.

Hobonickels can attain that position because it is the best distributed of the high PoS coins (having been in a stable staking position for longest).

The others are either much younger, of have undergone more major changes . It's worth checking the number of wallet addresses compared with balances in the rich list : That gives an approximate idea of the distribution, and gives pointers to the possible number of unique individual holders. The median and mode balances are more substantial.

You will know, if you follow all the prices from week to week, that HBN is the most stable.
digitalindustry

Activity: 798

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2014, 04:59:35 PM

HBN has been on a nice steady climb recently ! Great to see hit .0001 again today.  Wish I had grabbed more when it was at 0.00005!  

I am happy to see HBN climb.  I think if HBN positions itself correctly, it can be seen as the stable exchange rate PoS coin to park your money and clip off the stake.

Hobonickels can attain that position because it is the best distributed of the high PoS coins (having been in a stable staking position for longest).

The others are either much younger, of have undergone more major changes . It's worth checking the number of wallet addresses compared with balances in the rich list : That gives an approximate idea of the distribution, and gives pointers to the possible number of unique individual holders. The median and mode balances are more substantial.

You will know, if you follow all the prices from week to week, that HBN is the most stable.

i generally agree with this although Caps is up and coming, but i do understand what you mean - both are good Crypto, high stake is interesting.

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
presstab
Legendary

Activity: 1330

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 07:35:46 PM

Not quite sure how you are calculating the distribution numbers. HYP's top 10 wallets hold 22.19% of the coin supply, HBN's top ten wallets hold 29.85% of the coin supply. The top HYP wallet is 4.21% of the supply, top HBN wallet is 7.94% of the supply.

I haven't calculated medians or anything. Do you have those stats? It would be super interesting I think.

Projects I Contribute To: libzerocoin | Veil | PIVX | HyperStake | Crown | SaluS
CrazyLoaf (OP)

Activity: 763
Merit: 534

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 05:21:07 AM

CrazyLoaf's CrazySteak(TM) 10/5/14 Update

STAKE   NAME   BTC    COINS    AVG COST   CURRENT   VALUE   30-STAKE   ROI   PLACE
750%   HYP   5.46    689,953    0.00000792   0.00002607   17.99   11.07   229%   3
500%   TEK   7.70    52,867    0.00014565   0.00011510   6.08   1.83   -21%   ?
200%   CAP   5.00    199,158    0.00002511   0.00003104   6.18   1.01   24%   7
100%   HBN   8.85    155,117    0.00005705   0.00008377   12.99   0.78   47%   6

Invested is 27.01 BTC. Value is 43.25 BTC. ROI is 60%

ROI is going to be harder to track since I recently made my first coin sale! There was a juicy buy wall in HYP at 2.7k sat and I made 1.54 BTC filling it. Since I've staked over 300k HYP to date, it was pure profits. I'm impressed that HYP was able to take such a large sell.

MMXIV Rebranded - Maieuticoin (M) Investment

While I was looking at some coins, I came across this one. Let's just say I am impressed. MMXIV came out several months ago with 2014 coins. I remember seeing it but not having an interest in it since ultra low count coins have been done before (66, 42, etc.) but they seem to just be joke coins. However, M (currently on Bittrex) has an ultra low coin count (around 2100) AND a 50% PoS rate. I reminds me a little of SYNC, which was supposed to have 100% PoS, but they have made the PoS decline rapidly, making me lose interest in it.

Checking out the order book, a scant 8 BTC takes this coin to 0.1 BTC a coin. The developer has over 42+ pages of posts, so they are very active in this quiet coin. The wallet recently added in-wallet trading via Bittrex API, which I haven't seen in a coin since Cloakcoin. The multipool for the coin (I don't know of too many high PoS coins with one) is pretty slick too (pool.mmxivcoin.com). It looks like it has had decent activity, buying back 0.001%+ of all coins on a daily basis.

Other coin comments

HYP continues to treat me well. Maybe I should rename this the "HyperLoaf Investment Journal" Tongue

TEK is currently sitting at a loss. I though my average buy-in of 15k sat was cheap enough, but it looks like buy support is drying up, as is happening in a lot of alts with the BTC crash. However, seller of $300 worth of TEK crashed the price to 4k sat Shocked This is near the HYP peak price, so I don't know why anyone would allow the price to drop so low when HYP has x10+ the amount of coins when it traded at that price.

CAP and HBN are quiet and showing damn good rises atm. HBN has brushed with 10k sat a few times, and CAP has been near 4k sat.

ORB Testing

So I still have a few ORB in my wallet, and I'm going to test out the staking. I think the best way of breaking a block is to keep breaking them down into decently sized ones so you can have a few to break down further while others are going through the confirmation process. You can check out Ghostlander's comments on the thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=586674.msg9096173#msg9096173. It looks like the model averages out to 100% PoS due to the mechanics of the coin.

I still wish volume would pick up in the coin (actually, this is something I really wish would happen in all high PoS coins; price I'm less concerned with). It's at least an interesting mechanic and has a lowish coin count.
CrazyLoaf (OP)

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 05:24:40 AM

High PoS Investment Society

Would still like to get something like this going. These are quiet coins and a little action can go a long way in them Smiley
MMXIV

Activity: 252
Merit: 120

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 05:38:03 AM

MMXIV Rebranded - Maieuticoin (M) Investment

While I was looking at some coins, I came across this one. Let's just say I am impressed. MMXIV came out several months ago with 2014 coins. I remember seeing it but not having an interest in it since ultra low count coins have been done before (66, 42, etc.) but they seem to just be joke coins. However, M (currently on Bittrex) has an ultra low coin count (around 2100) AND a 50% PoS rate. I reminds me a little of SYNC, which was supposed to have 100% PoS, but they have made the PoS decline rapidly, making me lose interest in it.

Checking out the order book, a scant 8 BTC takes this coin to 0.1 BTC a coin. The developer has over 42+ pages of posts, so they are very active in this quiet coin. The wallet recently added in-wallet trading via Bittrex API, which I haven't seen in a coin since Cloakcoin. The multipool for the coin (I don't know of too many high PoS coins with one) is pretty slick too (pool.mmxivcoin.com). It looks like it has had decent activity, buying back 0.001%+ of all coins on a daily basis.

Thanks very much for the mention. Glad to be a part of your portfolio!

For anyone else interested, here is a peek of what we've been up to  Wink

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=623884

breakbeater

Activity: 444
Merit: 250

Life is a bitch, get used to it...

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 05:50:36 AM

CrazyLoaf's CrazySteak(TM) 10/5/14 Update

........... There was a juicy buy wall in HYP at 2.7k sat and I made 1.54 BTC filling it. Since I've staked over 300k HYP to date, it was pure profits. I'm impressed that HYP was able to take such a large sell.

That was my buy wall @ 2.7k Cheesy
Anyway i'm in top 100 now Wink
waxo

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 10:42:50 AM

i wanted to sell some but i was as just a spectator Smiley
TRK is also on the recovery Smiley
Hyp is the master of Pos Smiley

forbesmining

Activity: 297
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 03:25:21 PM

I read the High PoS Investment Journal every couple days, have gotten lots of great info here!

I have small-ish stakes in HBN and CAP. Although I mine each here and there, I plan to buy a bit more of each.
Have not found an exchange I like for either. Would you suggest an exchange, one that does not exchange USD,
since those require your name, address, and more?

Also, very happy to have recently assembled a six-figure amount of HYP, very much enjoying the staking coin amounts Smiley
Letting it compound for now.

CrazyLoaf (OP)

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 05:09:34 PM

I read the High PoS Investment Journal every couple days, have gotten lots of great info here!

I have small-ish stakes in HBN and CAP. Although I mine each here and there, I plan to buy a bit more of each.
Have not found an exchange I like for either. Would you suggest an exchange, one that does not exchange USD,

Also, very happy to have recently assembled a six-figure amount of HYP, very much enjoying the staking coin amounts Smiley

I believe Comkort is now trading HBN. I think CAP is also traded on Coin-Swap. Crypsty is the larger site for these 2 coins. Honestly, they don't need any of your personal info to get an account. There's no benefit to verification as far as I can see. Just put "Honey Badger" as your first and last name or something.
digitalindustry

Activity: 798

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2014, 05:11:13 PM

interesting to see more new interest - Caps is on Cryptsy i'm not sure if ID is a requirement my accounts are pre USD -

hopefully they are not as long as you don't want to use USD.

other than that as the market evens out  more exchanges will come on line.

happy staking and trading.

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
glendall
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1018

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 04:21:37 AM

Cryptsy is the largest market if you are looking to buy HBN, maybe give it a look-see.

.SUGAR.
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
Jamesco

Activity: 238

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 04:33:24 AM

Depending how much you are looking for I don't mind trading some of my stake otc for a reasonable/good price, you could also put in some buy orders on cryptsy quite low and wait for a dump to get some cheapish coins as well, if you get lucky thats a great way to get started making some decent BTC interest. the option's there, if interested send me a pm (and anyone else that is new to HBN or CAP and wants to get involved/be a part of the community), and in-case you're wondering the only reason I offer is because that's how I was lucky enough to get into these coins at the start(at a good price) and this got me involved, not because I want to sell my stake Smiley
jawitech

Activity: 196

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 04:15:40 PM

Awesome thread, very interesting to read. Added some HBN and CAP to my portfolio.

In case you are looking for another interesting POS coin, please have a look at Magi / XMG. It has just reached POS II. It's not a scammy pump and dump coin, CPU only mineable and has next to an active community, an awesome developer.
Find the XMG thread here.
Hilux74
Legendary

Activity: 912

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 05:17:42 PM

Awesome thread, very interesting to read. Added some HBN and CAP to my portfolio.

In case you are looking for another interesting POS coin, please have a look at Magi / XMG. It has just reached POS II. It's not a scammy pump and dump coin, CPU only mineable and has next to an active community, an awesome developer.

XMG has a maximum 5% POS.  Interesting coin but doesn't get to hang with the high stake posse.
RonMank

Activity: 588
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 06:17:41 PM

XMG has a maximum 5% POS.  Interesting coin but doesn't get to hang with the high stake posse.

it doesn't really matter its overall achievement brings far more greater good than your traditional pump and dump coins that only benefit those on on launch day - ready to instamine  and drop that shit on the market. There is a big difference in this use case since Magi needs more miners for higher mining rewards on a wider distro.   
Hilux74
Legendary

Activity: 912

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 07:20:01 PM

XMG has a maximum 5% POS.  Interesting coin but doesn't get to hang with the high stake posse.

it doesn't really matter its overall achievement brings far more greater good than your traditional pump and dump coins that only benefit those on on launch day - ready to instamine  and drop that shit on the market. There is a big difference in this use case since Magi needs more miners for higher mining rewards on a wider distro.   

Yeah thats swell and irrelevant...this is the HIGH POS INVESTMENT JOURNAL thread...plug your low POS coin elsewhere where it is not completely off topic.
Zer0Sum
Legendary

Activity: 1588

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 08:45:55 PM

Cryptsy is the largest market if you are looking to buy HBN, maybe give it a look-see.

I love these hi-stake coins, but because of very low volume they are basically fun hobby coins...
Only HYP has managed to find a formula that creates good liquidity (1-2% of all HYP turns over every day)...
The other coins need to make liquidity a priority by studying the HYP phenomenon.

Also, Cryptsy is reporting to the US Govt on your CooterPickles...
And it gets complicated because since a hard fork your CooterPickles are now CooterStake.

Someday in 2018, the nice IRS lady examiner in a suit holding the Cryptsy report from way back in 2014...
Will want you to carefully separate all of your 2014 CooterPickle staking "income"...
From your CooterPickle "capital gains" accrued from price appreciation while long-term hodling...
So it will be crucial for an experienced accountant to accurately categorize your bounty...
Because there may be Foreign Withholding or Tax Credits depending on the location of CooterStake servers.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: