Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 10:58:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Roger Ver's hackers speculation thread  (Read 1968 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
railzand (OP)

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

Lux e tenebris

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 07:32:20 AM

Mr. Ver made a thread:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=784520.0

Topic: Announcement coming soon.

Reserved,  but here is a hint what it is about:

MTGOX Hacker
Bitcoinica Hacker
Satoshi Email Hacker

As the thread is in Project Development, I guess he hasn't exactly found these guys (this guy?), but needs some help.
Are they connected? Will there be a big bounty? Can you help? Was it you? Shouldn't you come clean before you're doxed?
Or what's going on?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
azguard
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001

Crypto-News.net: News from Crypto World

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 07:35:33 AM

We will see after the project is complete?
Wont we?

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
       ▄████████████████████████▄
 ▄▄  ▄████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████████▄
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████▄
   ██████████████████████████████████
   ▀████████████████████████████████▀
    ▀██████████████████████████████▀
     ▀▀██████████████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

Hunyadi
Legendary

Activity: 1281
Merit: 1000

☑ ♟ ☐ ♚

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 07:38:13 AM

Can't wait!  Cheesy

▂▃▅▇█▓▒░B**-Cultist░▒▓█▇▅▃▂
chrisLG

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 07:38:46 AM

howaboutya

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 07:41:07 AM

Has he found the hackers, I can't understand, someone can explain what is happening plz
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 08:38:21 AM

Wow! What news. I just discovered something else. This video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRIJ_jpmwzo&list=UUZyrn1awtEVne0bdryfuI6A - was posted by Roger on the morning of the 26th (his time). Something else happened that morning. That something was mentioned in the news yesterday. Google the news with keyword Bitcoin if you missed it.
railzand (OP)

Lux e tenebris

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 08:58:12 AM

That poor girl died?

rebuilder
Legendary

Activity: 1615
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 08:58:39 AM

When's the last time an announcement announced in advance, with cryptic hints at the subject matter, turned out to be anything other than hot air? What's with the deliberate obscuration here? (Yes, I'm looking at you, too, "Gleb")

Selling out to advertisers shows you respect neither yourself nor the rest of us.
---------------------------------------------------------------
Too many low-quality posts? Mods not keeping things clean enough? Self-moderated threads let you keep signature spammers and trolls out!
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 09:08:42 AM

Ver very drunk, but will surely catch the punk, who hacked the Nakamoto, maybe has pet kimodo. Quite queensmaneensly, very cleanly. Lick my ass.

Dammit -- every time I try to artsy up my writing, I get Mozart stuck in my head. A good mystery all the same, though... we sure love our mysteries.
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 09:10:19 AM

When's the last time an announcement announced in advance, with cryptic hints at the subject matter, turned out to be anything other than hot air? What's with the deliberate obscuration here? (Yes, I'm looking at you, too, "Gleb")

Simple answer in this regard. I was being kind, hence not mentioning Autumn. Nothing nefarious was intended.
railzand (OP)

Lux e tenebris

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 09:20:16 AM

Roger has funded the seed rounds for such Bitcoin startups as:

www.bitcoinfoundation.org
www.coinlab.com
www.blockchain.info
www.ripple.com
www.kraken.com
www.coinapult.com
www.ogrr.com
www.bitcoinstore.com
www.bitcoinchipin.com
and several more. http://www.rogerver.com/

Good job.

Perhaps Ver has decided to stop scamming now that most of those are exposed, and is playing hunt the scammer himself because the usg has no more use for him.

franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4200
Merit: 4442

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 09:30:00 AM

autumn managed a fund for her business where alot of it was stored in mtgox. and so did bitinstant. both companies lost alot that day due to karples's antics...

but autumn took it personally.

though i sympathize to the guys at bitinstant, i sympathize more with autumn's family.

as for the 'satoshi' hacker. it has nothing to do with hacking. my belief is that in 2010 'satoshi' handed over the reigns of bitcoin code to other coders like gavin, and the domain names over to mark karpeles.

it was then mark karpeles who kept the login details 'satoshi' gave to him to administrate the domains. thus karpeles would likely have access to reset passwords of the registered email to that domain name, thus able to access the email account

and also like autumn's business and bitinstant... in 2012 bitcoinica had large sums invested in mtgox, which seemed to be the only account that got hacked

summary.. karpeles was a thieving git all along

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 09:33:01 AM

Roger has funded the seed rounds for such Bitcoin startups as:

www.bitcoinfoundation.org
www.coinlab.com
www.blockchain.info
www.ripple.com
www.kraken.com
www.coinapult.com
www.ogrr.com
www.bitcoinstore.com
www.bitcoinchipin.com
and several more. http://www.rogerver.com/

Good job.

Perhaps Ver has decided to stop scamming now that most of those are exposed, and is playing hunt the scammer himself because the usg has no more use for him.

How did www.ogrr.com go from https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=121077.0 to...

Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 09:42:53 AM
Last edit: September 16, 2014, 09:54:24 AM by Gleb Gamow

autumn managed a fund for her business where alot of it was stored in mtgox. and so did bitinstant. both companies lost alot that day due to karples's antics...

but autumn took it personally.

though i sympathize to the guys at bitinstant, i sympathize more with autumn's family.

as for the 'satoshi' hacker. it has nothing to do with hacking. my belief is that in 2010 'satoshi' handed over the reigns of bitcoin code to other coders like gavin, and the domain names over to mark karpeles.

it was then mark karpeles who kept the login details 'satoshi' gave to him to administrate the domains. thus karpeles would likely have access to reset passwords of the registered email to that domain name, thus able to access the email account

and also like autumn's business and bitinstant... in 2012 bitcoinica had large sums invested in mtgox, which seemed to be the only account that got hacked

summary.. karpeles was a thieving git all along

I've had the pleasure (or misfortune) in speaking to some of Autumn's very close friends and family members, and nary a one embrace the suicide story. A couple even spoke with her a couple days earlier and had no reasons to believe she was Googling the myriad ways to jump off a tower to soar with Singaporean winged creatures.

Mark acquired Mt Gox from Jed after Jed did his DD to assure in his mind that MK was a good candidate. Roger's office was across the street from Mt Gox's office, perhaps to keep an eye on the affairs.

In spite of what's penned above, I still consider Roger one of the good guys, but would have no qualms with turning on a dime if the time comes to warrant said steering.

Time for a little funny (in orange in the first pic in case you missed it):

Bonus laugh:

LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2014, 10:00:36 AM

wow,  another exiting bitcoin-story is coming  Cheesy

franky1
Legendary

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 10:09:21 AM

Mark acquired Mt Gox from Jed after Jed did his DD to assure in his mind that MK was a good candidate. Roger's office was across the street from Mt Gox's office, perhaps to keep an eye on the affairs.

In spite of what's penned above, I still consider Roger one of the good guys, but would have no qualms with turning on a dime if the time comes to warrant said steering.

i got nothing agaisnt roger. or autumn. i feel this is all linked to mark karpeles's mischievous nature..
by the domain, i did not mean MTGox.com.. i meant bitcoin.org (satoshi's old website from 2008/9 then passed onto karpeles 2010).

should i even talk about jed's DD.. um no, as jed is obviously after free money too, with the recent antics with ripple last year, thus i feel he didnt care about karpeles's history (masters of greed work together). especially when you research the reason mark karpeles ran away from france to get to japan years before taking on MTGOX, (ill leave you to look into that fun stuff) you'll soon see jed must have not really done any checks on karpeles

Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 10:09:35 AM

wow,  another exiting bitcoin-story is coming  Cheesy

Name:   MemoryDealers
Activity:   921
Position:   VIP
Date Registered:   April 26, 2011, 02:45:22 AM
Last Active:   Today at 03:47:36 AM

Goddamn it! We now have to wait - AGAIN - for the second coming of Jesus. Why has he foresaken us?  Cry
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 10:10:55 AM

i got nothing agaisnt roger. or autumn. i feel this is all linked to mark karpeles's mischievous nature..
by the domain, i did not mean MTGox.com.. i meant bitcoin.org (satoshi's old website from 2008/9 then passed onto karpeles 2010)

That kinda makes sense, bud.
franky1
Legendary

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 10:19:05 AM

https://twitter.com/rogerkver/status/509391314383695872

The Satoshi email hacker seems to be the same person who hacked my email account previously. 37.6 BTC Bounty ready!

still thinking karpeles is just resetting passwords of his old friends of the old days.. now they hate him, he has nothing to lose

railzand (OP)

Lux e tenebris

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 10:20:37 AM

Delete reply: Reserved for something fun coming soon #3 in topic #784514 by member #10310
Delete reply: Reserved for something fun coming soon #2 in topic #784512 by member #10310
Delete reply: Reserved for something fun coming soon #1 in topic #784506 by member #10310

from the deletion log https://bitcointalk.org/modlog.php

fun? mischief? - although franky1's theory may be right, isn't the fat fuck Karpeles' involvement in anything beyond fun?

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: