Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 07:16:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Cam4BTC the first Bitcoin camming site [NO FEES] [Cross platform]  (Read 15282 times)
giszmo
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1105

WalletScrutiny.com

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2012, 11:55:26 PM

the last times i tried i had issues. on chromium the "Allow blablabla" window did not react on my click and on firefox I saw dino_rawr was online but clicking on his "show" I neither got sound nor video after allowing.

Feature request: The schedule needs a link so the performers can give some introduction although this might be an invitation to link spam :/ Maybe a description without link is more realistic?

regarding the issues:

1) On Linux problems with the allow button are a known issue in some Desktop environments. I am not sure what causes it but Adobe points at the Desktop environments and vice versa. I don't think Adobe will do anything but I read that Unity ios close to fixing it. Gone is not known to have the problem if I am correct.
2) Not getting sound or video is weird if you were sure she is broadcasting. Did you receive chat? Did you try to reconnect?

I could add something along those lines but didn't want to waste to much time on the user interface so I kept it simple for now and moved on to BlockChain related features. I can see your request as adding value of course Smiley

ok, so if there is a channel, there is not necessarily a video or audio stream? would it make sense to show a "not broadcasting" image instead of the video and a mic muted symbol when there is no sound intentionally? i reconnected and saw "3 people online" but did not try to chat.
The chat also does not tell me my name so if i pick one each time I tend to just smash the keyboard and then don't recognize when people talk to me.

ɃɃWalletScrutiny.comIs your wallet secure?(Methodology)
WalletScrutiny checks if wallet builds are reproducible, a precondition for code audits to be of value.
ɃɃ
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
wachtwoord (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

View Profile
May 14, 2012, 07:40:05 AM

This is true. A broadcaster is in control over broadcasting/not-broadcasting without having to close the channel entirely. I think it is a good idea to show this to the user and I will do this just need time to do it  and there are a lot of things still that need to be done Smiley
opticbit

Activity: 695
Merit: 502

PGP: 6EBEBCE1E0507C38

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2012, 09:42:16 AM

is there a good way to record while streaming?
and store it in some cloud service?

Bitrated user: opticbit.
https://www.bitrated.com/opticbit
gweedo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 16, 2012, 12:24:38 PM

is there a good way to record while streaming?
and store it in some cloud service?

Get spiltcam, or manycam on windows, camtwist on mac. Then open vlc or quicktime or some webcam recording and record your stream. For the site to have built in stream record wouldn't make sense since it is P2P and anonymous.
wachtwoord (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 18, 2012, 06:15:32 PM

Didn't post it here yet and I don't know if everyone reads the other topic:

V 0.11.1: Automated detection of Bitcoin tips which are now shown in the chat channel as they occur! 

So:
* 0-confirmations (doing a double spend for a tip seems utterly retarded to me)
* These messages are displayed in red (Admin messages) and are said by System.

Enjoy  Smiley
wachtwoord (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 19, 2012, 01:37:31 PM

The site had been down for ~10-12 hours but is back up now. Sorry for the inconvenience.
wachtwoord (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 20, 2012, 04:27:22 PM

Okay I had some time to work in  the site today:

1) Totally revamped the channel members functionality making it reliable
2) Added a show members pop-up list to see who is currently on the channel
3) Added ignore functionality to the above list. Ignoring a user will hide all chat messages by that user. If a user leaves a channel and rejoins he will retain his ignored status with you. If he reconnects he will not be ignored because there is no way client side to differentiate between a genuine new user and an existing user that returns. This functionality is silent, ignored users will not know they are ignored.
4) Altered the Scheduled Show functionality to be more clear. I changed the wording and for the list of scheduled shows changed how the date is displayed. Is this more clear guys?
5) Went over the FAQ and added the functionality I added today. Explanation about quality settings and explanation of what the name colors mean is still out, don't want the FAQ to become so verbose no-one will read it Tongue

So guys enjoy version v0.12.2 !!
wachtwoord (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 20, 2012, 08:30:58 PM

v0.12.3

QR code support so you can donate with your mobile phone !
wachtwoord (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 22, 2012, 05:48:40 PM

I noticed in the last couple of days (and Sunday-night/Monday morning in particular) that a lot of people were on that did not have Bitcoins (or even knew what they were) and some commented they did want to donate but did not know how. Also, I heard that people complain about being unable to use Credit Card or Pay-Pal to purchase Bitcoins.

Therefore I have made a deal with QuickBitcoins.tk to be featured on cam4btc.com. QuickBitcoins.tk accepts Paypal and credit cards (as well as many other payment systems, many of which are also accepted by other exchanges/vendors).

Disclosure:
Cam4BTC will receive a portion of the profit margin on every purchase made there through our website.

Disclaimer:

I have looked around and the only problems I found with the site is that they use a very similar the to bitcoinnordic.com. However:

1) This is based on a  freely available template
2) They claim to have sacked the site developer and will change the design of their website as soon as possible.

Other than that I was unable to find negative reviews about them and found the above insufficient to reject a partnership with them. I have however not personally used their service so please do your own due diligence.

Finally:

In the future I will have links to stripcoin.com by Tuxavant as well when he finishes the logo(s). Hopefully these additions combined will help people that are watching the streams in acquiring Bitcoins to donate to the  broadcasters Smiley
opticbit

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2012, 10:31:51 PM

would be nice if it worked on android.  and jailbroken iphones with flash.

wachtwoord (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 24, 2012, 10:38:56 PM

It should work on every device which has Adobe Flash player.

Two things I don't know:

1) I don't know how the GUI looks int hat low a resolution (what is the resolution)
2) I don't know if you can broadcast as I don't know if device access in Adobe Flash Player works at all on phones. Does it?

If it's not working for you it is likely your provider is blocking outgoing UDP traffic. Go to http://cc.rtmfp.net or connect to your wifi to test it.
wachtwoord (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 24, 2012, 10:39:19 PM

We reached version 0.13! (I'm not skipping numbers Wink)

New features:

1) Show total amount donated to for a show
2) Show wether a broadcast is actually broadcating
3) Allow broadcasters to change their name and the name of the show without disconnecting

Enjoy Smiley
opticbit

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2012, 11:06:14 PM

I can view videos, although the layout is not very phone friendly.  I can get into the broadcast portion, but I don't think its broadcasting anything.  Also touching in the chat box does not bring up the onscreen kb, I have a physical KB on my phone so that works, but pressing enter from the phone does not send the chat.  I'm running gingerbread, and flash 11.?

It should work on every device which has Adobe Flash player.

Two things I don't know:

1) I don't know how the GUI looks int hat low a resolution (what is the resolution)
2) I don't know if you can broadcast as I don't know if device access in Adobe Flash Player works at all on phones. Does it?

If it's not working for you it is likely your provider is blocking outgoing UDP traffic. Go to http://cc.rtmfp.net or connect to your wifi to test it.

wachtwoord (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 24, 2012, 11:30:04 PM

Does it show the preview video? If it doesn't it can't access the camera. My guess would be that is going wrong. I will see if there is an easy way to enable that.

User interface wise I'm afraid I will have to make a UI for very low resolution interfaces like phones. It is very difficult to make a single user interface for very different resolution environments. You're going to end up making all sorts of compromises and end up with a user interface that isn't really optimal in either of the environments.

I just created a Mobile project and just copied all code over and there are a lot of incompatibilities Sad, that will be some work  ...
giszmo
Legendary

WalletScrutiny.com

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2012, 12:04:04 AM

multi camera support:
I recently ran into the problem that it defaulted to the wrong camera. how do I get it to switch to the other cam?

WalletScrutiny checks if wallet builds are reproducible, a precondition for code audits to be of value.
ɃɃ
gweedo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 25, 2012, 12:05:51 AM

multi camera support:
I recently ran into the problem that it defaulted to the wrong camera. how do I get it to switch to the other cam?

that is a flash problem not a site problem, just change your flash settings for the right cam and mic Smiley
wachtwoord (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 25, 2012, 12:10:23 AM

In an ideal setting the site would provide an interface (but we're still a bit off from that state Smiley) but yeah I take the default camera set in the Adobe Flash Player. To change it, right click in the flash player, click settings click on the icon of respectively the microphone or the video and select the right input device.
giszmo
Legendary

WalletScrutiny.com

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2012, 12:17:19 AM

ok, I know if it works, you don't see a need for you to change anything but for the record:
I guess a solution could be to pack this information into an alert box that opens when you click the "choose input" button in the host screen.

ɃɃ
opticbit

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2012, 12:39:23 AM

When Trying to broadcast from Android it does not show the Preview.  so its a camera issue...  I had the flash acceess request come of for access to p2p network, but I can't get the flash setting to come up on my request, maybe if i can get in there I can select a camera.  Maybe if someone has an android with only one cam (i have front and back facing) it will just work?

Does it show the preview video? If it doesn't it can't access the camera. My guess would be that is going wrong. I will see if there is an easy way to enable that.

User interface wise I'm afraid I will have to make a UI for very low resolution interfaces like phones. It is very difficult to make a single user interface for very different resolution environments. You're going to end up making all sorts of compromises and end up with a user interface that isn't really optimal in either of the environments.

I just created a Mobile project and just copied all code over and there are a lot of incompatibilities Sad, that will be some work  ...

wachtwoord (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 29, 2012, 08:20:13 PM

Darling.LA is live now
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: