Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:39:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Paypal. Is. Scared.  (Read 2713 times)
commandrix (OP)

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 01:01:41 AM

They're running attack ads on Apple's new payment system. COMPLETELY ignoring the fact that Paypal is as hackable as any online system and COMPLETELY ignoring the fact that they often shut down member accounts just so they can keep the money. http://www.wired.com/2014/09/paypals-attack-ad-shows-apples-power-inspire-fear-loathing/?mbid=social_fb

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
koshgel
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 01:26:35 AM

They should be scared. They are a shitty company that steals and locks accounts for no reason. I haven't seen any attack ads personally but the one listed on that site is weak.

Hopefully Google Wallet and Apple Pay will take away their grasp on online payments and p2p transfers.
electricmarbles

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 01:27:41 AM

but they are reliable in that you can dispute payments and get refunds, something which still leaves the bitcoin open to scammers...still.
torpedo

Activity: 270
Merit: 101

WE SCALE CRYPTO COMMUNITIES!

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2014, 01:32:56 AM

scared? i don't think so but it look like a political election. Don't show how good you are, show how bad the other is. Typical advertising by a company that nothing more to offer than the other one.

never had a problem with paypal. still use it but carefully.
counter

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

Time is on our side, yes it is!

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 01:39:57 AM

Bitcoin was like...

and Paypal was like...

bornil267645

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

AltoCenter.com

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2014, 02:05:02 AM

I am not sure that I have heard any incident regarding the security concerns over PayPal, so still a safe bet. Cool Cool

electricmarbles

Activity: 56

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 02:05:41 AM

plus you can't buy drugs or guns with paypal...yet!
freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 02:07:52 AM

They should be scared. They are a shitty company that steals and locks accounts for no reason. I haven't seen any attack ads personally but the one listed on that site is weak.

Hopefully Google Wallet and Apple Pay will take away their grasp on online payments and p2p transfers.
True enough this may be apple were talking about and while they compete with bitcoin the fact that were seeing some serious movement in the field because Bitcoin is shaking things up is good for all consumers in the end.
Plus paypal is a beech.

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
snappa4ever

Activity: 374

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 03:16:47 AM

They lock accounts because they cannot be certain as to who "owns" certain money in the account due to their charge backs policies. I think this will ultimately lead to the demise of paypal because someone with a balance in their account does not truly know if they will be able to actually spend the money. It is like having a transaction be "unconfirmed" for months while having the possibility of a "double spend" against your account.

██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
RISE
Bejkn

Activity: 219
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 03:22:35 AM

Never mind. Anyway, I do not use palpay and apple  Roll Eyes
CtrlAltBernanke420

Activity: 350

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 05:00:07 AM

They lock accounts because they cannot be certain as to who "owns" certain money in the account due to their charge backs policies. I think this will ultimately lead to the demise of paypal because someone with a balance in their account does not truly know if they will be able to actually spend the money. It is like having a transaction be "unconfirmed" for months while having the possibility of a "double spend" against your account.

Well crafted answer. This hits the nail on the head regarding paypal. While basically describing how the fundamentals of how bitcoin and a new business model is born.

Bitcoin does seem like it has quite a lot of potential to change the world drastically if it can take hold.
Gargulan

Activity: 231
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 05:04:52 AM

Between Apple pay and bitcoin, Paypal days are numbered.

BIT-Sharon

Activity: 266

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 05:11:47 AM

Bitcoin is not scared, it is unique.
master-P

Activity: 868

https://keybase.io/masterp FREE Escrow Service

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2014, 05:12:42 AM

It would be great to see Bitcoin and cryptos take over heavily flawed centralized currency and payment systems like PayPal in the next 5-10 years.

Master-P's Free Escrow Service | 1% Fee for Multi-Party/Sig Campaigns | I Sign ALL of my addresses using PGP Key: https://keybase.io/masterp Verify
Tipping Address: 14PUWBwK854GLenxSa7MAuxXQUXK4DKKi5 | E-mail: masterp.bitcointalk {at} gmail {dot} com (for when/if the forum's offline)
Guide on How to Sign a Message
Exoth

Activity: 12

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 05:18:07 AM

interesting to say the least.
betterchoice

Activity: 30

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 05:55:06 AM

Bitcoin does seem like it has quite a lot of potential to change the world drastically if it can take hold
Bitcoinpro
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 06:03:37 AM

Paypal would own alot of Bitcoin

WWW.FACEBOOK.COM

CRYPTOCURRENCY CENTRAL BANK

LTC: LP7bcFENVL9vdmUVea1M6FMyjSmUfsMVYf
koshgel
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 06:16:43 AM

Great description.

They will also reverse transactions and put you into the red if they think there is ANY suspicious activity. The money in the accounts is not really yours and at any moment can be taken away from you under broad reasons of suspicion. Hopefully people realize these downfalls and stop using them altogether. 
CtrlAltBernanke420

Activity: 350

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 06:46:19 AM

Great description.

They will also reverse transactions and put you into the red if they think there is ANY suspicious activity. The money in the accounts is not really yours and at any moment can be taken away from you under broad reasons of suspicion. Hopefully people realize these downfalls and stop using them altogether. 

Paypal could taken over by the govt and when the system collapses the govt could be the vendor and we be the buyers and they could regulate resources that way. Just an idea..
OrientA

Activity: 462

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 09:05:07 AM

Between Apple pay and bitcoin, Paypal days are numbered.

The user base of Apple pay is too small.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: