Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 07:49:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [DGC] Digitalcoin 3.0 | Multi-algorithm, Improved Blockchain Storage | RELEASED!  (Read 85600 times)
sajidfbi

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 20, 2016, 07:35:19 PM

Hi,
 I am trying to mine DigitalCoin while all listed Pools are not working it's showing dead in my Antminer s7 as i have tried with with few, Can anyone please guide me how to mine DigitalCoin with my Antminer s7 or s5 or s9 ? Please help guys

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BitcoinNational
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010

Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics

View Profile
August 20, 2016, 08:09:59 PM

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz ................
zzz

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
           ▄████▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▄
         ▄████████████████▄▄▄███████
       ▄█████████████████████████████
     ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████████▄
   ▄████████▀█▀███▀        ███████████
 ▄████████▀███             ███████████
▄███████▀████                ██████████▄
███████████▀                  ██████████
 ██████▄████                   ██████▄███
  ██████▄████                 ▄█████████
   ██████▄████              ▄██████████
    ██████▄█████▄▄▄▄▄     ▄████████▀
     ██████▄████████████▄████████▀█▀██▀
      ██████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀█▀██▀
       ██████████████████████▀█▀█▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
                      ▀██▀▀
─────────────────
Revolutionized.  ──

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.WHITEPAPER.
ANN Thread
Reddit

█████
██
██ █
██ █
██ █
   █

─────────────  Join
SMARC token ICO

█████
   ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █
Blockchain Mechanic

Activity: 380
Merit: 103

Developer and Consultant

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2016, 02:18:05 PM

Hello all

I see this coin has not had much development in a while. I am going updating and developing for coins on a part-time basis. I was referred to this coin via my revival thread here :- Blockchain Mechanic's revival Thread

Would the active users like me to take this on ? What would you like to see done ?

edit: I see the source code link is no longer valid, could someone link me to the most recent source ?

Equality vs Equity...
Discord :- BlockMechanic#8560
mrbodz

Activity: 800
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 17, 2016, 05:33:01 PM

not sure where you clicked. but latest code is here: https://github.com/DGCDev/digitalcoin

There was a proposal for DGC V4. But me and the other devs were driven away by a certain individual controlling most of the money supply and forcing his ideas on all the devs/users.

Ahmed
Blockchain Mechanic

Developer and Consultant

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2016, 06:24:48 PM

not sure where you clicked. but latest code is here: https://github.com/DGCDev/digitalcoin

There was a proposal for DGC V4. But me and the other devs were driven away by a certain individual controlling most of the money supply and forcing his ideas on all the devs/users.

Ahmed

Hi there,

Is the individual in this thread ? Could you get me in contact with them eg a name or link ? Can i get a look at this proposal for v4 ? One guy controls > 50% of supply ?

Equality vs Equity...
mrbodz

View Profile
December 17, 2016, 06:43:21 PM

im not sure if they are. the forums where the proposal was kept getting hacked afaik so was taken down. i dont remember how much he controlled. but i do know it was something > 20%.

Updating the codebase and things should be simple enough. when me and xawksow did the V3 upgrade we added the Bitcoin commit history. so a pull request with a few changes from the merge would be all it'd take to bring DGC up to bitcoin 0.13 codebase.

Ahmed
Blockchain Mechanic

Developer and Consultant

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2016, 07:05:07 PM

im not sure if they are. the forums where the proposal was kept getting hacked afaik so was taken down. i dont remember how much he controlled. but i do know it was something > 20%.

Updating the codebase and things should be simple enough. when me and xawksow did the V3 upgrade we added the Bitcoin commit history. so a pull request with a few changes from the merge would be all it'd take to bring DGC up to bitcoin 0.13 codebase.

Ahmed

That's great. I am however concerned about segwit so i have been focusing on 0.12 + mods and leaving segwit to be a community decision. I'd prefer to let it run on bitcoin for a few more months before making it standard on projects i work on.

still 20% is a large chunk, let's see if he/she responds.

Can you give a list of upgrades/new features that were planned ? It would give me an idea of the direction the community was planning on going.

Equality vs Equity...
mrbodz

View Profile
December 17, 2016, 11:23:36 PM

yeah 0.12 would be the same.

tbh here is no community anymore. the ex-dgc team were pretty much the ones that kept dgc alive so long. since we all left. there was only about 5 people in the whole community involved. The changes they wanted to make it were a more smooth block time (although that only occoured since everyone stopped mining consistently, the team we had, always had atleast some hash on the coin but since we left the miners of the team were turned off). Reduction of block reward i believe. merged mining on 1 or 2 algos or an algo change.

I think...
Ahmed
techbytes
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1054

Point. Click. Blockchain

View Profile
December 17, 2016, 11:36:43 PM

Hi,
 I am trying to mine DigitalCoin while all listed Pools are not working it's showing dead in my Antminer s7 as i have tried with with few, Can anyone please guide me how to mine DigitalCoin with my Antminer s7 or s5 or s9 ? Please help guys

Did you try cryptopools?

http://dgcv3sha.cryptopools.com/

URL:  dgcv3sha.cryptopools.com:3350
Worker:  Weblogin.WorkerName
Password:  x

-tb-

Blockchain Mechanic

Developer and Consultant

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2016, 10:56:16 AM

I've forked the repo, will work on this. With regards to the proposals, they seem reasonable.

Algo change? This would be third or forth time? Why not just default to a simple one and add merged mining ?

Equality vs Equity...
Tsquared

Activity: 500
Merit: 501

http://digitalcoin.org/

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2016, 03:48:02 AM

Ahmed

I know you're not referring to me. You and other "devs" were happy to work on the coin as long as you were getting paid, but other "devs" called your work amateur.

What ideas did anyone force?

Domains, forum, block explorer, and the last remaining permanent node (the one that allows the android wallet to remain functional), are all still active and up to date. No thanks to devs who were driven away.

Blockchain Mechanic

Developer and Consultant

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2016, 06:11:22 AM

Ahmed

I know you're not referring to me. You and other "devs" were happy to work on the coin as long as you were getting paid, but other "devs" called your work amateur.

Domains, forum, block explorer, and the last remaining permanent node (the one that allows the android wallet to remain functional), are all still active and up to date. No thanks to devs who were driven away.

Hello

Was he referring to you ? If so , what are your plans for DGC ?

Equality vs Equity...
techbytes
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1054

Point. Click. Blockchain

View Profile
December 22, 2016, 11:45:47 AM

mrbodz

View Profile
December 22, 2016, 12:41:45 PM

Ahmed

Yep, the money is what got us all to be long term supporters from the day DGC launched......
I'm sure the reason people come to me to fix their coins and update their coins is because its "amateur", especially since people like you with no coding knowledge said so.

Ahmed
Tsquared

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2016, 12:49:17 PM

I should have just kept my comments to myself.

Many people, including Ahmed, spent valuable time and energy working on DGC.

I was heavily involved in what I thought was an effort to establish some mainstream legitimacy for the project.

Only plan, ever, was to make DGC into a well functioning respected currency, but as Ahmed says I'm a second class citizen because I have very little coding knowledge.

After spending hundreds of hours and a ton of money, I've taken to the sidelines. No real plans at this point except to continue keeping things alive waiting for someone to take some interest.

I do still own a little DGC, but never owned more than 5% of the total supply. Now it's maybe 2%.

TT
mrbodz

View Profile
December 22, 2016, 12:56:49 PM

A bright idea for once, Your correct we all did. That plan was the plan we were following, until you decided you wernt happy with the changes in the DGC Foundation as documented here:

https://forum.digitalcoin.co/threads/1699-Why-I-m-Resigning-the-Title-of-quot-President-quot-of-the-Digitalcoin-Foundation/page2

I dont believe non coders are second class citizens, however your extremely stupid to be telling people their coding is shit when you dont know how to code yourself.

BlockchainMechanic, you really should let DGC die its slow death, most of the team tried to bring it to life and were brought back down. A V5 would just really be stupid

Ahmed
Blockchain Mechanic

Developer and Consultant

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2016, 01:59:36 PM

I see.

Well, i will let you all know what i decide in a few days-weeks, depending on how long it takes to finish what i have on my plate. I am attempting to bring the PoS codebase up to date, the code that everyone insists on cloning as is without updating is 2012-2013, there have been so many new advances and people have been missing out.

Equality vs Equity...
Tsquared

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2016, 12:34:05 PM

A bright idea for once, Your correct we all did. That plan was the plan we were following, until you decided you wernt happy with the changes in the DGC Foundation as documented here:

https://forum.digitalcoin.co/threads/1699-Why-I-m-Resigning-the-Title-of-quot-President-quot-of-the-Digitalcoin-Foundation/page2

I dont believe non coders are second class citizens, however your extremely stupid to be telling people their coding is shit when you dont know how to code yourself.

BlockchainMechanic, you really should let DGC die its slow death, most of the team tried to bring it to life and were brought back down. A V5 would just really be stupid

Ahmed

Just repeating what I've heard. Admittedly I really don't know much other than what I've been told.

I don't know why you're quoting that guy, but I was asked to engage with him by multiple people. One thing for sure though, is that you're still trying to keep people away from DGC and I don't understand why.

Whether it's code or attitude, not sure, but comments like this:

Approval IS needed from me and xawksaw. Submit a PR. If all works okay then it'll be pulled in and approved.

Ahmed

And responses from potential developers like this:

Well it seems you have a great coin there, however I see your problem, having read both threads, and venturing into the DGC IRC.

The biggest issue I see is a few bad apples you have that are very disruptive and one unfortunately is one of your Dev's, and having the likes of gamegear sat in the IRC and being shoved right up ahmed's arse is a recipe for disaster.

I know as I have had dealings with both in the past, and it has not ended well.

Have made it very difficult for DGC to evolve.

Blockchain Mechanic, if you do decide to work on DGC, feel free to call on me for any assistance I can provide. There are likely still a few supporters who may also be willing to help in any way they can.

TT
Rabinovitch
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1076

BTCLife.global participant

View Profile
December 24, 2016, 05:42:10 AM
Last edit: December 24, 2016, 08:12:26 AM by Rabinovitch

God damn is there any working set of the nodes? I've added these:

Code:
addnode=176.9.189.114:47011
addnode=192.241.207.130:45835
addnode=67.170.209.246:7999
addnode=67.165.121.202:49738
addnode=46.4.32.195:25105
addnode=game.digitalcoin.co
addnode=213.136.75.175:7999
addnode=78.46.22.103:7999
addnode=91.121.165.120:7999
addnode=192.99.46.180:7999
addnode=seed1.nocsoft.de:7999
addnode=78.136.117.17:7999
addnode=86.126.22.84:7999
addnode=62.231.188.129:62398
addnode=176.9.189.114:36032

But there's still "No block source available..."

From Siberia with love! Hosting by Rabinovitch!
Fundraising for BOINC Farm
Пpoфeccиoнaльнo зaнимaюcь paзвёpтывaниeм фepм (ASIC, GPU, BURST, STORJ, Filecoin), oбopyдoвaниeм пoмeщeний для мaйнингa.
mrbodz

View Profile
December 24, 2016, 11:29:41 AM

Have you tried checking chainz.cryptoid.info/dgc
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  

Jump to: