Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 10:47:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Peer to Peer Exchange  (Read 280 times)
BillCoin

Activity: 476
Merit: 259

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 09:49:14 AM

Bitshares aims to offer decentralized exchange, and also Waves decnetralized exchange does the same thing.
The big problem with P2P exchanges are that you need to have a massive amount of users in order to have enough volume so you can actually trade at a fair price, and it's really hard for this P2P exchanges to get enough users to make their exchange use-able, and people afraid to use this exchanges more then regular exchanges as usually those exchanges contains bugs and because of their nature of being based on smart contracts, if someone is managed to hack the smart contract then he will be able to obtain the whole amount of money that the exchange stores.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
EVOS

Activity: 141
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 11:05:44 AM

I think yes, but there are some exchange that if you want to withdraw funds from there must verify the account first,
try to find out more about Exchange, sorry I can only give you a little advice.
Bobby park

Activity: 546
Merit: 24

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 11:25:04 AM

Is there any trading/exchange site that have a feature where people can directly trade and communicate with each other? Like a social media type platform?
I am following an ICO that will answer you needs. An exchange that you can directly exchange your coin A to coin B. It is an aggregation of coins and their pre-sale is successful. I don't what happens right now but I am pretty sure that it will be successfully launched by the opening of Q3.
I just don't know if it is right to promote it here since this is not a marketplace. But if yes, I can tell you what the project it is.
criz2fer

Activity: 672
Merit: 127

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 04:25:09 PM

Is there any trading/exchange site that have a feature where people can directly trade and communicate with each other? Like a social media type platform?

I think you just need to read more in our forum because it is given that we can trade P2P by just posting your trade in the right section. I think this topic belongs to the market place if he really wants to learn more about trading.

Duogembrot

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 07:01:38 PM

if you talk about peer to peer exchange I think localcoinswap is a very good p2p platform and can be a very successful exchange place and now localcoinswap is ICO time which means it will be created after ICO is finished hopefully localcoinswap can be your solution.
SHAWN-MIDWAYS

Activity: 686
Merit: 521

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 06:33:08 PM

I believe what are you describing is called a decentralized exchange and I also believe that there is none which could be called a decentralized exchange. A decentralized exchange relies on no third parties meaning that technically if there was a social media or service for this it would be a centralized exchange in some sense.  I believe if you wanted to do a real peer to peer exchange you should be doing it out of your wallet.
Daseento

Activity: 206
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 07:36:02 PM

No, I don't know of any as at now but it would be a great feature to be added to these exchanges. The closest I have seen so far is the troll box which exchangers use to express their opinion on a particular project. Peer-to-Peer system would lead to faster trade and better relationship among traders.
ShadowBits

Activity: 994
Merit: 504

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 07:40:53 PM

I haven't heard of that type, but people here in our country do decide to see each other for the transaction and will try to bring somebody for security.
green547

Activity: 385
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 07:58:32 PM

There are a few platforms that are striving to achieve this but none of them have really became big yet and widely adopted.  A lot of us are sick of paying massive exchange fees to trade and  withdraw. 
bangkit tri

Activity: 532
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 08:02:04 PM

if you talk about peer to peer exchange I think localcoinswap is a very good p2p platform and can be a very successful exchange place and now localcoinswap is ICO time which means it will be created after ICO is finished hopefully localcoinswap can be your solution.
localcoinswap is designed in that way. we can use it and feel free. as far as I know this ico project has been completed and we can wait for its development so the roadmap goes according to plan and go into it
tee-rex

Activity: 742
Merit: 526

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 09:26:50 PM

Your question is self-contradictory. If you are looking for a place like an online trading floor or exchange site, then it can't be a peer-to-peer system. As per definition, it is assumed there should be no third party involved in the process of exchange between peers, but if you are trading at some place or site, there is a third party present, and thus third party risks hidden. It is possible to build a truly decentralized distributed exchange, though it wouldn't be profitable for its developers. And this is likely the reason why there is no such effort, at least not that I know about or worthy of our attention.
keycellko

Activity: 406
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 02:35:34 AM

I think none. Some exchange sites has a discussion board where people can converse but since it is a discussion board, everyone who is watching the board can see. As far as i can remember poloniex used to have it but they removed it. And people are spamming and using it to pump their coins so it becomes useless. I think cryptopia has it until now.
Twentyonepaylots

Activity: 1806
Merit: 368

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 02:53:29 AM

I don't think there is because there is no money to be made in that kind of service. You are looking for a social media type of exchange which is hard enough as Facebook and Twitter is already doing its thing also if you are looking for an exchange they won't have any kind of commission as the transaction would be person to person. So if you are thinking that this kind of service will exist even in the future then think again as clearly no one will be willing to make one if they know generating money will be hard.

On my faucet I allow to trade the WSPU2pts.
They see a price so they have the choice buy WSPU2pts to sell them.
Once enough tokens,the can ask the transfert on the ETH blockchain.

We have different plot form, this is a digital currency transaction, maybe, what you mean is like in the Stock market exchange, where people or investors can trade thru business line agency or thru direct dealing with them, a decentralized digital transaction is far out different from the stock exchange market trading.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: