Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 05:14:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Honeymoon savings... hold or sell?  (Read 6083 times)
Chuckee

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 11:42:27 PM

I would sell at the last possible moment. Bitcoin is greatly undervalued so the chance of it going up is larger than down.

How much down can you take without ending up in debt when all is said and done?

Maybe bitcoin is greatly undervalued in your eyes, but to the general public, it's crap and nobody is buying. Hence, why price has been falling all god damn year.

Lesson number for trading: Don't fight the tape.

Lesson number 1 for trading: DON'T TRADE!!!1111 (rather invest)

Rule #2: Set a stop loose. Don't let your investment fall any more than 1 or 2% before cutting looses. That would have saved OP.

trading and investing are two different things...

And investing in appreciable assets -- such as a diverse portfolio of stocks and bonds -- and investing in speculative digital tokens are two different things.

Any speculative investment should have a stop loose, which many here decided to forego and instead blindly hope that their hail mary pass would boom again. Bitcoin is going down... if you didn't cut your looses yet... it's still much better to do it late than when it's down to <$100, which will come, trust me.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2014, 11:50:11 PM

I would sell at the last possible moment. Bitcoin is greatly undervalued so the chance of it going up is larger than down.

Maybe bitcoin is greatly undervalued in your eyes, but to the general public, it's crap and nobody is buying. Hence, why price has been falling all god damn year.

Rule #2: Set a stop loose. Don't let your investment fall any more than 1 or 2% before cutting looses. That would have saved OP.

And investing in appreciable assets -- such as a diverse portfolio of stocks and bonds -- and investing in speculative digital tokens are two different things.

Any speculative investment should have a stop loose, which many here decided to forego and instead blindly hope that their hail mary pass would boom again. Bitcoin is going down... if you didn't cut your looses yet... it's still much better to do it late than when it's down to <$100, which will come, trust me.

why

wachtwoord
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 11:51:21 PM

Nothing should have a stop loss. Selling simply because the price of something you hold (and no other reasons) is just about the most stupid thing you can do in your life. If price goes down you buy more, when price goes up you can contemplate selling.

Oh and for the record the term is stop loss.
Chuckee

Activity: 70

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 11:56:12 PM

Nothing should have a stop loss. Selling simply because the price of something you hold (and no other reasons) is just about the most stupid thing you can do in your life. If price goes down you buy more, when price goes up you can contemplate selling.

Rule #3: Don't throw good money after bad.

You're operating on some kind of fallacy that price is guaranteed to rise again. If investing was that easy, we'd all be rich.  Grin Grin Just invest in some random penny stocks and hold no matter what!! Grin Grin

I know it's hard, but sometimes you just need to cut the loose and look for a better place to put your money.
wachtwoord
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 12:02:09 AM

You're operating on some kind of fallacy that price is guaranteed to rise again. If investing was that easy, we'd all be rich.  Grin Grin Just invest in some random penny stocks and hold no matter what!! Grin Grin

I know it's hard, but sometimes you just need to cut the loose and look for a better place to put your money.

*Sigh* if you know what you are investing in it's not "throwing good money after bad" but "averaging down". If you're just a random idiot who's just clicking buttons I'm not really sure what to recommend.
adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2014, 12:04:02 AM

investing 101

GTFO at the first sign of trouble.

gustopaz

Activity: 417
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 12:13:48 AM

never mix money and women

Cheesy
antibitcoinconsortium

Activity: 73

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 12:14:33 AM

if you want to give your wife a good honeymoon the only option you have is sell fast
tommorrow we go down below $430

its questing you love her or not...
Ibian
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1278

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 04:44:13 AM

Your first mistake was getting married. You know the divorce rate is like 50% right? And that if you do lose, you lose everything, not just part of what you own? That seems the bigger risk, not bitcoin.

Look inside yourself, and you will see that you are the bubble.
riiiiising

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 05:26:40 AM

Your first mistake was getting married. You know the divorce rate is like 50% right? And that if you do lose, you lose everything, not just part of what you own? That seems the bigger risk, not bitcoin.

simply put your assets in bitcoin, and the court will never find them! you make money, and you hide it from your wife... win/win!

▆▆▆ ▅▅▅ ▃▃▃ ▂▂▂ W H A L E  M A K E R  ▂▂▂ ▃▃▃ ▅▅▅ ▆▆▆
⚫ ⚫ ⚫  A  F U N D R A I S I N G  P L A T F O R M  F O R  M A S S I V E  D I S R U P T I O N  ⚫ ⚫ ⚫
▬▬▬▬▬   ANN Thread      Oceanpaper      Twitter      Telegram   ▬▬▬▬▬
oceans

Activity: 406

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 08:37:54 AM

I would sell now, not just because the price may drop but also because of how close it seems until you plan on going on that honeymoon Smiley at least now you know you will get a decent amount instead of waiting and seeing a further drop.
spazzdla
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 01:04:52 PM

I STILL recommending selling now.. I hope you sold yesterday.
CoinDiver (OP)

Activity: 778
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 01:10:26 PM

FUCK ME!

http://mises.org/daily/3229
BTC:1PEyEKyVZgUvV4moXvCD5rQN21QETGPpLc
Unbelive

Activity: 210

Invest & Earn: https://cloudthink.io

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 01:12:14 PM

I made the decision in January to save for my (end of September) honeymoon in bitcoin. In the last few months, I'm getting slaughtered. I've held strong and not sold a bitcent that wasn't required. It's getting close enough (2 weeks), that I'm starting to worry...

So, the question is... sell now, or sell in two weeks?

You should sell 2 weeks ago.

Sevvero

Activity: 350
Merit: 255

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 01:13:45 PM

if you want to give your wife a good honeymoon the only option you have is sell fast
tommorrow we go down below $430

its questing you love her or not...
This was posted yesterday and was 100% accurate. OP, you are loser big time if you did not sell yet.

Your wife will leave you for a rich man with jobs and companies not some nerd currency gambler.
nuff

Activity: 266

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 01:26:52 PM

honest advice to you my fellow bitcoiner, don't sell. Don't sell until it's 10x what it's worth now
serpicodk

Activity: 74

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2014, 01:27:53 PM

McDonald's or Burger King?  Grin

institutionaltrader

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 01:31:18 PM

Sell or no honeymoon anymore! (aka divorce)
thresher

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 05:18:51 PM

If you sell now and loose all your money, this is how you will spend your honeymoon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrM39m22jH4
Newbie1022

Activity: 238

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 05:22:36 PM

I made the decision in January to save for my (end of September) honeymoon in bitcoin. In the last few months, I'm getting slaughtered. I've held strong and not sold a bitcent that wasn't required. It's getting close enough (2 weeks), that I'm starting to worry...

So, the question is... sell now, or sell in two weeks?

I do not envy anybody in this situation. Honestly, you've taken pretty close to the full brunt of the downturn at this point. I imagine we'll see somewhere around $340 to $350 following a flash crash... then we'll jump up. But, that's tempting fate. I really have to believe that there is a better reentry point.

So, what am I saying? You can hold and you'll probably see $450 range, again... maybe even $500s (higher than that is really questionable at this point). That said, there probably will be a better reentry point. You have to ask yourself whether you are good enough with TA to time and price that point.

Sorry for your loss, brother.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: