Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 01:43:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: QuickBitcoins, new bitcoin vendor  (Read 8457 times)
QuickBitcoins (OP)

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2012, 02:34:20 AM

Hello,

I am posting to inform you all of our new bitcoin exchange that has just started accepting orders, including PayPal and credit card orders.  And our rates are lower than most of our direct competitors like get-bitcoin. You're probably wondering how we mitigate the charge back risk. Well, there are several steps of manual verification that each credit card or PayPal order has to go through.

http://www.quickbitcoins.net

QuickBitcoins has and taken every security precaution possible to insure the safety of your data. Here is a list of features which I hope will re-assure the community of our legitimacy and provide transparency:

1) No customer data or bitcoin is stored on the server.
2) Once a purchase request is made the data is encrypted and emailed to order@quickbitcoins.net.
3) All online payments (PayPal or Dwolla) are not taken on our website, but instead are redirected to their respective payment processor website.
4) SSL support (In the process of implementing. ETA ~24 hours)

Upcoming features:

1) cash deposits at thousands of bank locations around the United States.
2) Pre-paid codes that can be quickly redeemed for their denomination in bitcoins.

Relax and feel secure in ordering your bitcoins from us. Nothing about this is illegal in any way and we have great turn-around times.

We appreciate all constructive criticism and feedback about our service. You can for a limited amount of time enter "bitcointalk" into the notes section of your order for half off the PayPal surcharge.

Thank you,

QuickBitcoins

-------
See what others have said:

Jaelz1 from reddit

Ordered a decent amount of bitcoin via paypal, got a call few minutes later to verify then went to the gym, came back and the coins were in my wallet...

Overall very cool!

-------

I am very impressed with this website. I had a small problem and was amazed
at how quickly they responded to my email and resolved my issue.
I wish more sites were this customer friendly.

ES from LA

-------

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Andrew Bitcoiner

Activity: 396
Merit: 250

Send correspondance to GPG key A372E7C6

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2012, 02:46:31 AM

Congrats on your new service!.  If I may be so bold, I would suggest making some advertisements about this at http://bitcoinadvertisers.com/ to spread the word!

MAKE MONEY! ADVERTISE FOR BITCOINS http://www.bitcoinadvertising.com
Bitcoin News Site http://coinbits.com
Bitcoin Blackjack http://bitjack21.com
Bitcoin, Darknet, IT consulting http://cryptophene.com
QuickBitcoins (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2012, 03:03:24 AM

We're always enthusiastic about helping and supporting the bitcoin community.  We've sent you a PM to continue the advertising conversation.  Thanks!
fimp

Activity: 304

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2012, 02:50:51 PM
Last edit: May 01, 2012, 03:02:23 PM by fimp

Lasse from Bitcoin Nordic here.

I'd like to point out the extreme similarity in looks between Quick Bitcoin and www.bitcoinnordic.com

The theme is a publicly available theme, but the interesting thing is that a lot of content has (almost) been copied too. I.e. the splash image, the menu options. It's close enough that it's distasteful.

On another note, PayPal has closed a lot of Bitcoin selling accounts before. Why do you expect to be different?

Blaztoize
Donator

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

My posts are seldom static, but always readable :)

View Profile
May 01, 2012, 03:58:05 PM

It's close enough that it's distasteful.

Pokédex: The jets of water it spouts from the rocket cannons on its shell can punch through thick steel.
BTC: 1Pt2zKYL1CzgqoWy2gETLrqZhWTQSziVno
As of July 2015, I'm back! Currently working on building trust.
rjk

Activity: 448

1ngldh

View Profile
May 01, 2012, 04:07:54 PM

Yeah... even the two words in the logo are colored the same.

You may have positive intentions, but I can guarantee you that your PayPal will get shut down very soon, and calling to "verify" people will do nothing for you. How do you know they aren't using a throw-away VOIP number, a fake ID, and a stolen PayPal account? At the very least, the first chargeback you get will freeze the PayPal account for a minimum of 180 days, and that will be the end.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
QuickBitcoins (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2012, 04:43:48 PM

It's the Themia theme from Wordpress. I admit, your site did give us some inspiration for our design. I figured since you only serve the Nordic community and we're more geared toward the North American market there would be very few overlap issues with our visitor base.

What is imitation besides the sincerest form of flattery?

Either way I'll get working on a redesign now. Apologies.
koin
Legendary

Activity: 873
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 02, 2012, 06:02:15 AM

Either way I'll get working on a redesign now. Apologies.

you need to have a talk with timmy: http://pastebin.com/93Wq5nDw http://lmgtfy.com/?q=FF944BA915609DF077B3A530BDD2E8B6213C27A9
QuickBitcoins (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2012, 03:10:34 PM

Timmy is our on-staff developer. He's partially responsible for the site design.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2012, 06:01:08 PM

Timmy is our on-staff developer. He's partially responsible for the site design.

Now this is weird:

TimothyA compared with https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=56956
QuickBitcoins (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2012, 01:23:38 AM
Last edit: May 03, 2012, 01:36:01 AM by QuickBitcoins

The upcoming site design. Thanks.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2012, 01:39:58 PM

The charge that will appear on your credit card statement will be “PAYPAL * QUICKBIT”. If you place a chargeback or dispute a charge for any order that you placed and received (accidentally or intentionally), there will be a $150.00 research fee charged to your account upon our receiving the chargeback to cover our investigative expenses to prove that you did make the purchase.

This is the first time I've ever seen anything like this. Will you be enforcing this policy to the full extent of your TOS?

~Bruno~
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2012, 01:52:17 PM

Ryan Schrieber, Proprietor

You spelled your name wrong! http://www.quickbitcoins.net/?page_id=18
QuickBitcoins (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2012, 02:49:00 PM

This is the first time I've ever seen anything like this. Will you be enforcing this policy to the full extent of your TOS?

~Bruno~

We reserve the right but don't ever foresee ourselves doing so. That is intended to be a scare tactic to ward off fraudsters. The only time that would ever happen is if  there was an order which we fulfilled, proved it was from the actual person and not identify theft, that we delivered the bitcoins to, and then still charged back.

And thanks for noticing the typo. I've corrected it.
arby
Donator

Activity: 112

keybase.io/arblarg

View Profile
May 04, 2012, 06:36:54 AM

anyone tested this service?

Jabber/XMPP: arby@darkness.su
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2012, 03:37:53 AM

Buy Bitcoins

Due to the success of the site it is currently taking 2-5 days to fulfill all orders. We are working to put a system in place that will speed up the delivery process.

Thank you for your patience

Why does it take so long for you to buy bitcoins, but not for selling bitcoins, hence seeing no disclaimer on your Sell Bitcoins page?

~Bruno~
QuickBitcoins (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2012, 04:00:25 AM
Last edit: May 08, 2012, 02:06:14 AM by QuickBitcoins

anyone tested this service?

Hi Packet7,

We've had dozens of successful orders, most coming from non bitcoin community customers. You can view my rating on the Bitcoin-OTC web of trust here: http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=aethero

Phinnaeus Gage:

We have many times the number of buy orders as sell orders. Plus all buy orders must go through an extensive verification process before we can fill them.
barbarousrelic

Activity: 675
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 16, 2012, 09:51:38 PM

Has anyone from this forum successfully used this service yet?

Do not waste your time debating whether Bitcoin can work. It does work.

"Early adopters will profit" is not a sufficient condition to classify something as a pyramid or Ponzi scheme. If it was, Apple and Microsoft stock are Ponzi schemes.

There is no such thing as "market manipulation." There is only buying and selling.
barbarousrelic

Activity: 675
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 18, 2012, 02:42:26 PM

I can confirm that my credit card order with QuickBitcoins was fulfilled within 24 hours of being placed.

Do not waste your time debating whether Bitcoin can work. It does work.

"Early adopters will profit" is not a sufficient condition to classify something as a pyramid or Ponzi scheme. If it was, Apple and Microsoft stock are Ponzi schemes.

There is no such thing as "market manipulation." There is only buying and selling.
Serge
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 18, 2012, 06:05:12 PM

Although I would love to use Paypal to purchase BTC, I'm afraid such action can have a negative effect on my and your accounts, as many bitcoin services in the past have had troubles with Paypal.
How can you assure the same won't happen with your service?

I've just reviewed Paypal's User Agreement and Acceptable Use Policy and found only one reference that I think can be applied to Bitcoin sales, although I'm pretty sure I've seen more restrictions in the past regarding virtual currencies if my memory serves me right.

Here's the specific clause that may relate to Bitcoin:

PayPal Acceptable Use Policy
https://cms.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/?cmd=_render-content&content_ID=ua/AcceptableUse_popup

Prohibited Activities
You may not use the PayPal service for activities that:

3.h relate to transactions that  involve currency exchanges

Can you argue with them that this restriction doesn't apply to Bitcoin? Have you already cleared this with Paypal?
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: