Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 07:37:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I believe in Bitcoin and Satoshi is a supernatural being  (Read 1929 times)
Jointops420 (OP)

Activity: 132
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 01, 2012, 04:09:32 AM

I was pondering bitcoin as a religion for the lulz and benefits although I relise that would not favour it with many people.

Below taken from http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/1601434 bold is my added comments.

This High COurt case is often used (along with others) as a test for religions, or their eligibility for exemptions to state taxes (which is the point usually)

http://www.austlii.edu.au/cgi-bin/sinodisp/au/cases/cth/HCA/1983/40.html

Generally:

What constitutes a “religion”?
The leading High Court case regarding the meaning of the term “religion” is The Church of New Faith v Commissioner of Pay Roll Tax (1983) 154 CLR 120. In this case, the High Court of Australia (full court) unanimously held to be a religion, a church that followed the writings of the scientologist Ronald Hubbard (Church of New Faith).

In their deliberations, Wilson and Deane JJ held that the following principles could be used as indicators in determining whether a collection of ideas and practices constitute a religion:

•   the ideas and practices involve belief in the supernatural; Satoshi is a supernatural being
•   the ideas relate to people’s nature and place in the universe and their relation to things supernatural; Tied in with the above
•   the ideas are accepted by adherents as requiring or encouraging them to observe particular standards or codes of conduct or to participate in specific practices having supernatural significance;Thou shalt not mess with the blockchain given to us by The Lord Satoshi
•   the adherents must constitute an identifiable group or identifiable groups; Already done
•   the adherents themselves see the collection of ideas and/or practices as constituting a religion.
In Satoshi we trust and the blockchain is incorruptable

In the same case, Mason ACJ and Brennan J held similarly, that a religion involves:

•   belief in a supernatural being, thing or principle; and
•   the acceptance of canons of conduct in order to give effect to that belief. The Code never lies, Satoshi will come again

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
drakahn

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 01, 2012, 04:42:00 AM

In Satoshi we trust

14ga8dJ6NGpiwQkNTXg7KzwozasfaXNfEU
Jointops420 (OP)

View Profile
May 01, 2012, 05:16:59 AM
Last edit: May 01, 2012, 05:27:19 AM by Jointops420

Cheers guys we dont even need a heirachy as that would be against the spirit, all are equal. Donations could made to another member and be automatically returned as a donation of the same amount in the spirit of decentralised p2p foundation which may mean for many no tax.

Edit to add, I propose we call it C.o.B. Church of Bitcoin and its members can be Cobbers as a mate or friend is known in England and Australia.
faidsaid

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 01, 2012, 05:28:34 AM

I was pondering bitcoin as a religion for the lulz and benefits although I relise that would not favour it with many people.
Watchu been smokin' on? Grin

Jointops420 (OP)

View Profile
May 01, 2012, 05:30:34 AM

Watchu been smokin' on? Grin

Not a thing  Shocked have not for sometime now though I do think its a personal choice for the individual to make and not the govt.
hazek
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 01, 2012, 10:07:13 AM

No thank you, I don't need that kind of lulz and your damn right most of us wont like your idea.

In their deliberations, Wilson and Deane JJ held that the following principles could be used as indicators in determining whether a collection of ideas and practices constitute a religion:

•   the ideas and practices involve belief in the supernatural; Satoshi is a supernatural being
•   the ideas relate to people’s nature and place in the universe and their relation to things supernatural; Tied in with the above
BS, he is just a person who I'm 100% makes mistakes and is wrong about some things just like the rest of us.

•   the ideas are accepted by adherents as requiring or encouraging them to observe particular standards or codes of conduct or to participate in specific practices having supernatural significance;Thou shalt not mess with the blockchain given to us by The Lord Satoshi
News flash, we already did that.

•   the adherents must constitute an identifiable group or identifiable groups; Already done
Already done? Really?

•   the adherents themselves see the collection of ideas and/or practices as constituting a religion.
In Satoshi we trust and the blockchain is incorruptable
I don't trust Satoshi, I don't trust anyone beyond the areas for which they give me evidence I can base my trust on. When it comes to Bitcoin I don't trust anyone, I trust the open source code and what it's suppose to do which btw is not fixed and not incorruptible.

•   the acceptance of canons of conduct in order to give effect to that belief. The Code never lies, Satoshi will come again
Ugh...  Roll Eyes

I'm strongly against elevating any person no matter how smart they are or what huge amount of good they've done, they aren't infallible and shouldn't be treated as such. Period.

My personality type: INTJ - please forgive my weaknesses (Not naturally in tune with others feelings; may be insensitive at times, tend to respond to conflict with logic and reason, tend to believe I'm always right)

If however you enjoyed my post: 15j781DjuJeVsZgYbDVt2NZsGrWKRWFHpp
Jointops420 (OP)

View Profile
May 01, 2012, 11:32:58 AM

hazek
Did someone piss in your cornflakes this morning? gee take a chill pill.
Gabi
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1008

If you want to walk on water, get out of the boat

View Profile
May 01, 2012, 11:41:04 AM

Nice, where do i sign?

Tuxavant

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

Bitcoin Mayor of Las Vegas

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2012, 02:23:32 PM

Im in!

paraipan
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1004

Firstbits: 1pirata

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2012, 02:30:20 PM

Nice, where do i sign?

+1

BTCitcoin: An Idea Worth Saving - Q&A with bitcoins on rugatu.com - Check my rep
rjk

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

1ngldh

View Profile
May 01, 2012, 03:04:34 PM

Already done, http://bitprayer.com/

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
hazek
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 01, 2012, 03:06:53 PM

Roll Eyes is all I have to say about that.

My personality type: INTJ - please forgive my weaknesses (Not naturally in tune with others feelings; may be insensitive at times, tend to respond to conflict with logic and reason, tend to believe I'm always right)

If however you enjoyed my post: 15j781DjuJeVsZgYbDVt2NZsGrWKRWFHpp
paraipan
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1004

Firstbits: 1pirata

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2012, 09:17:05 PM

seriously now, we could have this done for real and have bitcoins declared virtual cult objects, no tax on those as far as i know

BTCitcoin: An Idea Worth Saving - Q&A with bitcoins on rugatu.com - Check my rep
Jointops420 (OP)

View Profile
May 01, 2012, 11:10:50 PM

Awesome

seriously now, we could have this done for real and have bitcoins declared virtual cult objects, no tax on those as far as i know

It definitely is in the realm of possibility. Satoshi being sent from somewhere thats not of this realm, has he ever been met in person? Sounds like divine intervention to me, soon a prophet will come to tell us about profits, though we have a few already in the speculation sect. I was only thinking as a joke but hey its a free world to go where no one else has before with the power of the Satoshi behind you.
We have a community and some true believers and one heretic  Tongue so far on this page, the 11 commandments have been manifested from eons ago in the digital world late last year. Another web site to register as a believer with the communion of sending bitcoins. There need be no hierarchy all are equal in p2p under Satoshi.
herzmeister
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1007

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2012, 10:01:19 AM

If not a supernatural being, he probably is a time traveller, trying to save us, or condemn us, you decide.  Cheesy

https://localbitcoins.com/?ch=80k | BTC: 1LJvmd1iLi199eY7EVKtNQRW3LqZi8ZmmB
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2012, 06:19:09 PM

And here, folks, is the first C.o.B Cobber hater. (sorry, hazek, for I just had to inject onto this thread  Wink)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: