Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 07:45:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What do you think of firearms?
BAN THEM ALL!!! - 5 (11.1%)
Increase cost, tax, and ownership restrictions. - 2 (4.4%)
Maintain some reasonable restrictions for safety. - 8 (17.8%)
Only semiauto weapons w/ more than 8 rd. capacity and class 3 weapons have any reason to be regulated. - 4 (8.9%)
Issue NATO grade assault rifles upon completing elementary school. - 17 (37.8%)
For those who want a rational pro-gun option: The US gov't reserves the right to ban dangerous criminals from gun ownership. Open or concealed carry is an option so long as you are qualified. Firearm taxes should be reduced, at least for American-made one - 9 (20%)
Total Voters: 45

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Second amendment ftw or gtfo?  (Read 3667 times)
player3 (OP)

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 01, 2012, 05:53:46 PM

What do YOU think?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mcorlett
Donator

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 01, 2012, 05:59:24 PM

There is an old saying that goes something like this, "If you criminalize guns, only the criminals will have them."

player3 (OP)

View Profile
May 01, 2012, 06:01:13 PM

There is an old saying that goes something like this, "If you criminalize guns, only the criminals will have them."
which i completely agree with, except for the police and military. now go vote!

Andrew Bitcoiner

Activity: 396

Send correspondance to GPG key A372E7C6

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2012, 06:03:43 PM

Get em while you can! http://bitcoingunparts.com/

MAKE MONEY! ADVERTISE FOR BITCOINS http://www.bitcoinadvertising.com
Bitcoin News Site http://coinbits.com
Bitcoin Blackjack http://bitjack21.com
Bitcoin, Darknet, IT consulting http://cryptophene.com
FreeMoney
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1014

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2012, 10:39:52 PM

which i completely agree with, except for the police and military. now go vote!

What's that other saying... "If you grant exceptions for the crimes of the overclass they can comfortably commit crimes in plain sight"? Is that right?

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
check_status

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Web Dev, Db Admin, Computer Technician

View Profile
May 01, 2012, 10:55:11 PM

The Constitution provided the legal right for all American Citizens to own gun/s to aid in the defense of the nation, everyone a gun, everyone a defender of the Republic. Lyndon B. Johnson and the House and Senate Judiciary Committees on October 22, 1968 were the first to screw over Americans Constitutional rights by limiting 'everyone'.
Hind sight is 20/20.

For Bitcoin to be a true global currency the value of BTC needs always to rise.
If BTC became the global currency & money supply = 100 Trillion then ⊅1.00 BTC = $4,761,904.76.
P2Pool Server List | How To's and Guides Mega List |  1EndfedSryGUZK9sPrdvxHntYzv2EBexGA
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2012, 04:20:50 AM

I love how the voting list did not include a SINGLE reasonable pro-gun ownership choice. Way to try to manipulate people! The only semi reasonable option "Maintain some reasonable restrictions for safety." could be so vaguely interpreted as to destroy all guns if the legislation maker decided as such. Some people consider an unloaded gun in a locked safe reasonable safety (im not including parents with children here because that is different), but when some one breaks into your home do you think they will mind waiting while you put in the combination and load your gun? My point is the slightest restriction can be an all encompassing restriction in an instant.
Tuxavant

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

Bitcoin Mayor of Las Vegas

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2012, 04:30:11 AM

What the part of "shall not be infringed" do people not get?

bb113

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 02, 2012, 06:47:21 AM

Make guns illegal and then... "gangbangers" will give up their guns? What is the real state of gun ownership in the UK?
Hawker
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 02, 2012, 01:19:42 PM

Make guns illegal and then... "gangbangers" will give up their guns? What is the real state of gun ownership in the UK?

Handguns are illegal.  We still have criminals who shoot one another and occasionally an innocent gets caught in the crossfire.  We still have nutters who go wild with shotguns and kill a dozen or so unfortunates.  Murder by didn't go down after the ban.  Suicide by gun did.

Personally I think the law is a typical English thing where they get into an emotional frenzy about something, all agree "something must be done" and they do something totally pointless and useless.  They did the same stupid thing with "Pit bull terriers."  Totally banned here.  However deaths and injuries by dogs remain the same.  Its almost comical in its stupidity.
player3 (OP)

View Profile
May 02, 2012, 03:06:53 PM

I love how the voting list did not include a SINGLE reasonable pro-gun ownership choice. Way to try to manipulate people! The only semi reasonable option "Maintain some reasonable restrictions for safety." could be so vaguely interpreted as to destroy all guns if the legislation maker decided as such. Some people consider an unloaded gun in a locked safe reasonable safety (im not including parents with children here because that is different), but when some one breaks into your home do you think they will mind waiting while you put in the combination and load your gun? My point is the slightest restriction can be an all encompassing restriction in an instant.

if it makes you feel better im pro-gun, i had no intention of coming across as biased

FredericBastiat

Activity: 420

View Profile
May 02, 2012, 05:52:01 PM

The way I look at it is quite simple. I detest government (or anybody else for that matter) meddling in the specific and narrow discrimination against property (guns, cars, land use, grass height, etc.).

It assumes them to be more intelligent and responsible with my property. Au contraire, I've yet to see them be responsible in that regard. Personally, I get a little tired of having so many parents lording over me. I've already got a mother and a father, and they've already educated me on what's right and wrong. If I have any questions I'll ask them.

I don't need somebody in some other locale, perhaps hundreds, if not thousands of miles away from me, dictating their conscience over me and the rest of the world. I'm sure if I need some assistance or other clarification as to any suggestions/ideas about being a good "citizen", then they can send me a brochure.

http://payb.tc/evo or
1F7venVKJa5CLw6qehjARkXBS55DU5YT59
Red Emerald

Activity: 742

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2012, 06:00:18 PM

Handguns are illegal.  We still have criminals who shoot one another and occasionally an innocent gets caught in the crossfire.  We still have nutters who go wild with shotguns and kill a dozen or so unfortunates.  Murder by didn't go down after the ban.  Suicide by gun did.

Personally I think the law is a typical English thing where they get into an emotional frenzy about something, all agree "something must be done" and they do something totally pointless and useless.  They did the same stupid thing with "Pit bull terriers."  Totally banned here.  However deaths and injuries by dogs remain the same.  Its almost comical in its stupidity.
I had seen numbers showing murder and armed robbery actually going UP (by a lot) after the gun ban.

I hadn't heard about the suicide number though.  That's interesting.  Did the total number of suicides actually go down though?

Hawker
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 02, 2012, 06:10:50 PM

I had seen numbers showing murder and armed robbery actually going UP (by a lot) after the gun ban.

I hadn't heard about the suicide number though.  That's interesting.  Did the total number of suicides actually go down though?

Not noticebly.  Rope is still legal....
Red Emerald

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2012, 06:13:49 PM

Not noticebly.  Rope is still legal....
That's what I figured.  People aren't rational though, especially those that are offing themselves, so you never know.

Mellivora

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 02, 2012, 08:00:53 PM

I couldn't vote for any of the options.  I am against gun-control, so the first options in the poll were repulsive to me.

The last option I couldn't vote for either, since I think NATO should be dissolved.  I wasn't sure who would be "issuing" the guns.  I am worried that it could be another "redistribution of wealth" scheme by government.

If there was an option in the poll that said "Allow children to carry firearms if there parents let them" then I might have voted for that.
player3 (OP)

View Profile
May 02, 2012, 08:50:57 PM

I couldn't vote for any of the options.  I am against gun-control, so the first options in the poll were repulsive to me.

The last option I couldn't vote for either, since I think NATO should be dissolved.  I wasn't sure who would be "issuing" the guns.  I am worried that it could be another "redistribution of wealth" scheme by government.

If there was an option in the poll that said "Allow children to carry firearms if there parents let them" then I might have voted for that.

I just specified NATO because most, if not all, NATO calibers are extremely common in the US (5.56 NATO/.223 Rem., 7.62 NATO/.308 Win.) and the weapons are often high quality versions of common civilian rifles (such as the multitude of AR-15 type rifles manufactured by H&K, Colt, Sig, etc.), and I doubt I'd let my political views get in the way of owning a select-fire gas piston AR  Grin

I'm not trying to undermine your opinion though. If it helps, wherever I said "restrictions" doesn't necessarily equate to "the gov't requires an extensive background check, age limit, and tax stamp," it could just as well mean "children may carry firearms if properly instructed and given permission by their parents."

Red Emerald

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2012, 08:56:38 PM

I'm not trying to undermine your opinion though. If it helps, wherever I said "restrictions" doesn't necessarily equate to "the gov't requires an extensive background check, age limit, and tax stamp," it could just as well mean "children may carry firearms if properly instructed and given permission by their parents."
Those 2 things are very different and should be 2 separate choice for the poll.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

If someone could explain to me how regulations don't at all infringe, then I might change my mind.  Till then, I believe that American gun laws are unconstitutional.  Not that I can really do anything about it Sad

faidsaid

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 04, 2012, 02:14:19 AM

Choice #4 was *the* solution to local youth unemployment during the Vietnam conflict.

"Here you go boys, take these nice new AKs out in the woods and play hide and seek."
dirtycat

Activity: 456

View Profile
May 04, 2012, 02:16:54 AM

+1

poop!
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: