Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 09:55:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Scotland's silent majority decides against separation  (Read 2457 times)
Honeypot (OP)

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 05:28:56 AM

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/09/19/world/europe/scotland-independence-vote.html

United we stand, divided we fall.

E pluribus unum.

Scotland made the right choice. Unite with england and tackle the problems together. The idea that you want to divide up europe even more instead of banding together and tackling the common problems is insanity in today's world.

Europe and UK cannot be divided any more then they already are.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BitCoinNutJob
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 07:11:24 AM

Bitcoin has taught us that single points of failure and single central authority isnt as strong as distributed power and many authorities.

The Scottish not leaving England is a bad result, more division is needed not less.  You can still make alliances for common interests.

Im English and i say divide it all up even further i dont want to live in a 60 million person tribe as it is - we cant run these large tribes efficiently.
Honeypot (OP)

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 07:58:52 AM

Bitcoin has taught us that single points of failure and single central authority isnt as strong as distributed power and many authorities.

The Scottish not leaving England is a bad result, more division is needed not less.  You can still make alliances for common interests.

Im English and i say divide it all up even further i dont want to live in a 60 million person tribe as it is - we cant run these large tribes efficiently.

Go write a thesis or something. I hear the braindead liberal college profressors want to fornicate with those kinds of papers during their lonely nights.

Leave the real job to professionals. If democratic processes and separation of power are not working, it' most likely because of people like you.
BitCoinNutJob
Legendary

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 08:11:54 AM

The Scottish not leaving England is a bad result, more division is needed not less.  You can still make alliances for common interests.

Go write a thesis or something. I hear the braindead liberal college profressors want to fornicate with those kinds of papers during their lonely nights.

Leave the real job to professionals. If democratic processes and separation of power are not working, it' most likely because of people like you.

Yeah people like me have all the power sure...

45% which is a huge amount are now forced into a deal they dont want, split it all up even further far beyond just scotland imo.

Look at the Glasgow result also, large city = people farmed on large scale, people hate it, poor people suffer bad farmed in these shit hole cities.
nakazznicek

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 08:15:41 AM

The Scottish not leaving England is a bad result, more division is needed not less.  You can still make alliances for common interests.

Sorry to inform you but if democratic processes and separation of power are not working, it's because democracy was made to rule in one city (Rome)... and there it made spectacular job! But as imperium was growing it becomes unsustainable.

Honeypot (OP)

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 08:40:07 AM

Sorry to inform you but if democratic processes and separation of power are not working, it's because democracy was made to rule in one city (Rome)... and there it made spectacular job! But as imperium was growing it becomes unsustainable.

Crack open a book. better yet, do your own research. Democracy was not invented in rome. No one in their right mind without bias would consider US a successor to rome - that's just an excuse for fool to bitch about 'imperialism' while they oppress their own people and fuck each other for crumbs.

nakazznicek

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 08:47:14 AM

Crack open a book. better yet, do your own research. Democracy was not invented in rome. No one in their right mind without bias would consider US a successor to rome - that's just an excuse for fool to bitch about 'imperialism' while they oppress their own people and fuck each other for crumbs.

Ahem, Rome's democracy system was made base of many modern democracy system, yes democracy was here before Rome, but it's undenyable to me that it was made rather to control smaller parts/cities than big countries. Also US law system (Imperial one) is far away from systems based on Roman law...
I agree i wrote it not precisely, Rome was surely greatest contributor to democratic system to date, so yes, we can conside Rome as origin of modern democracy

TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2014, 08:49:01 AM
Last edit: September 19, 2014, 08:35:27 PM by TheButterZone

That silent "majority" that is paid to count the votes so that the worst possible evil "wins" and hundreds of millions of taxpayers' pounds are wasted in a pointless exercise with a predetermined result.

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
Honeypot (OP)

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 08:57:06 AM

Ahem, Rome's democracy system was made base of many modern democracy system, yes democracy was here before Rome, but it's undenyable to me that it was made rather to control smaller parts/cities than big countries. Also US law system (Imperial one) is far away from systems based on Roman law...
I agree i wrote it not precisely, Rome was surely greatest contributor to democratic system to date, so yes, we can conside Rome as origin of modern democracy

lol i suppose you think you can say internet was invented with telegraph. You are what passes for educated these days. Weak equivalence, baseless comparisons and completely undisciplined use of what plagiarizes academic standards that obviously has no clue what it means to know anything.

That silent "majority" that is paid to counts the votes so that the worst possible evil "wins" and hundreds of millions of taxpayers' pounds are wasted in a pointless exercise with a predetermined result.

Cry more, if you can. While you are at it, pretend you know how corruption works and keep telling those imaginary scenarios in your head - not that you ever had actual experience of dealing with them.

nakazznicek

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 09:05:20 AM

lol i suppose you think you can say internet was invented with telegraph. You are what passes for educated these days. Weak equivalence, baseless comparisons and completely undisciplined use of what plagiarizes academic standards that obviously has no clue what it means to know anything.

That silent "majority" that is paid to counts the votes so that the worst possible evil "wins" and hundreds of millions of taxpayers' pounds are wasted in a pointless exercise with a predetermined result.

Cry more, if you can. While you are at it, pretend you know how corruption works and keep telling those imaginary scenarios in your head - not that you ever had actual experience of dealing with them.

And i am really happy you can make statements like this, with no added value, or explaining anything Smiley Classic interwebz politics discussion.

But just for my amusement: what makes base for modern democracy? From your posts i can see it wasn't Romans, who was it then? Athenians? Tell me!

Honeypot (OP)

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 09:41:27 AM

And i am really happy you can make statements like this, with no added value, or explaining anything Smiley Classic interwebz politics discussion.

But just for my amusement: what makes base for modern democracy? From your posts i can see it wasn't Romans, who was it then? Athenians? Tell me!

Basis of modern democracy draws heavily from american experience, one that is both unique in origin, intent, and design. It self referenced several sources both pre-modern and ancient, such as swiss canton system, but the overall character of the system itself in modern era is uniquely american, with a slight influence of british parliamentary system that shows up in various places.

You make a good toy, pretending you know anything when you are obviously making very weak tangential connections. On the other hand, you don't bother to know proper facts - just what you read from very biased sources that confuse political bias with 'truth'. Better yet, you try to squeeze it through the narrow slit you call eyes and lable it as the one and only truth.

Get the message? Smiley If you can't understand anything I said that pointed out the vapid ignorance in your statements, then feel free to go running your mouth about how you don't get it. I will be happy to spell it out for you again Cheesy
nakazznicek

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 10:50:13 AM

First: thanks for your nice response.

Second: I am geting the image where the problem is. We have just different opinion on what is based on what, and from what I know you are missing something from history lessons.

Also you must be American (say if I am wrong ofc, but...)! Otherwise you couldn't say American law system is original ( based on UK system - precedential one - and Montesquieu's and many other thinkers works, he's just only one i can recall atm, as well as many other systems, nothing original beside that combination).
Americans basically just took everything good that was in that time and put it together and make a system. And since then everyone else is trying to be like US, making perfect "democracy" and so. Not because it was original, but good combination of previous attempts and/or thoughts. Besides that, US was really young, what experience you are talking about?
As you can see, in my point of view, i am going really deep, thus considering older entities as Romans, originators of modern democracy. Thats my opinion and I can clearly see you won't agree. Cuz I don't know proper(*) facts. heh

Third: I really don't know how you discover that i am toy! It was secret well kept till now!
But no joking, I am amazed how you can evaluate my character in just two posts about topic that is more about our history knowledge and opinions than me being toy  Roll Eyes.
I didn't say i know everything, nor i can't change my opinion, but tell me, read our discussion and be honest: would you change your opinion being in my place? Your facts and posts you are presenting are far away from healthy and productive discussion but rather going on "American freedom" way of trash talking.

I really don't get what shouldn't i get?! I though't we'would be presenting facts, not fighting like teenagers in yo mamma  fight...

*  -  Cheesy  really?  you know, saying thing like proper fact is bullshit, since there are only facts. This is making me feel you are the ignorant one here...

Honeypot (OP)

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 11:25:58 AM

First: thanks for your nice response.

Second: I am geting the image where the problem is. We have just different opinion on what is based on what, and from what I know you are missing something from history lessons.

Also you must be American (say if I am wrong ofc, but...)! Otherwise you couldn't say American law system is original ( based on UK system - precedential one - and Montesquieu's and many other thinkers works, he's just only one i can recall atm, as well as many other systems, nothing original beside that combination).
Americans basically just took everything good that was in that time and put it together and make a system. And since then everyone else is trying to be like US, making perfect "democracy" and so. Not because it was original, but good combination of previous attempts and/or thoughts. Besides that, US was really young, what experience you are talking about?
As you can see, in my point of view, i am going really deep, thus considering older entities as Romans, originators of modern democracy. Thats my opinion and I can clearly see you won't agree. Cuz I don't know proper(*) facts. heh

Third: I really don't know how you discover that i am toy! It was secret well kept till now!
But no joking, I am amazed how you can evaluate my character in just two posts about topic that is more about our history knowledge and opinions than me being toy  Roll Eyes.
I didn't say i know everything, nor i can't change my opinion, but tell me, read our discussion and be honest: would you change your opinion being in my place? Your facts and posts you are presenting are far away from healthy and productive discussion but rather going on "American freedom" way of trash talking.

I really don't get what shouldn't i get?! I though't we'would be presenting facts, not fighting like teenagers in yo mamma  fight...

*  -  Cheesy  really?  you know, saying thing like proper fact is bullshit, since there are only facts. This is making me feel you are the ignorant one here...

LOL i haven't heard this much kiddy bull masquerading as education in a long time. Most fools at least caught the message and managed to keep their mouth shut when their betters are talking them down.

You clearly have no idea how much experience was crammed into american history in a way that laughs at other culture's so called 'history'. Not to mention you haven't got a clue about what it really means to create a political system. Hint: it's not what you read off of books or emulated from others. The core foundation of such system has roots in collective experience of the people, and their manner towards such laws.

American experience is unique in scale, the idea, and environment in which it started and continues on. The fact that you think you can mouth off about 'originality' reeks of desperate denial that seeks the slimmest excuses to try and convince yourself how you need not feel so anxious about america - for some reason, many people seem to bitch until their throats are hoarse as if they are pricked in the sore spot when america comes around Cheesy

You are going 'deep' through your own bull shit, but that's present day education Smiley Try being original for once instead of playing some sad contrarian.

countryfree
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1047

Your country may be your worst enemy

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 11:31:59 AM

Scotland is divided. There was a large majority who voted NO in Edinburgh but a large majority voted YES in Glasgow. I knew the 2 cities were very different, now the whole world knows it. The world will forget, but the Scots will not.

I used to be a citizen and a taxpayer. Those days are long gone.
nakazznicek

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 11:38:02 AM

You clearly have no idea how much experience was crammed into american history in a way that laughs at other culture's so called 'history'. Not to mention you haven't got a clue about what it really means to create a political system. Hint: it's not what you read off of books or emulated from others. The core foundation of such system has roots in collective experience of the people, and their manner towards such laws.

Since other parts of your post are just trash....

So you are saying US got their system based on just their founding fathers thoughts and experience (which they gained from studying history of laws and political systems), not experience of humanity for last thousand years in that time? Ignorance is a bliss. If anything more on this topic create a thread, i'd love to continue there, not hijacking this one which is contributed to Scotland and its separation.

BitCoinNutJob
Legendary

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 02:19:13 PM

You are wasting your time with this guy nakazznicek he posts stuff like:

LOL i haven't heard this much kiddy bull masquerading as education in a long time. Most fools at least caught the message and managed to keep their mouth shut when their betters are talking them down.

but then

United we stand, divided we fall.

United by choice > United by force. 

If you dont have the skills to influence someone to change their opinion on just an internet forum without directly attacking them like a wild animal then you aren't likely qualified for judgements on whats right for people/society on a larger scale.

noviapriani

Activity: 350

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 02:27:12 PM

As a foreigner (American), I'm glad to hear they're staying.  I think they will have more influence on the world stage this way and the world desperately needs their common sense.

Rigon

Activity: 994
Merit: 441

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 03:01:45 PM

With Scotland re-affirming their wedding vows to their UK masters, ole' Cameron will be lifting a few kilts from the back and slipping his rod firm up the Scots for good measure.

With Catalonians and the Basques getting restless in Spain, also the wealthy Bavarians and Venetians in Germany and Italy wanting a bit of independent action, what would the likeliest states in the US be on a list of 1 to 10 for those wanting to separate from their federal US masters ?
Bonam

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 04:12:16 PM

Free Cascadia~
sana8410

Activity: 448

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 04:12:40 PM

History seems to have a way of repeating itself. This is eerily reminiscent of the Revolutions that took place across Europe in 1848 which all eventually failed without exception. Then again, I don't think that too many people here know what I'm posting about.

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: