Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 03:03:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Credit Card  (Read 1822 times)
BeCrypto (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 07:44:29 AM
Last edit: September 21, 2014, 08:45:26 PM by BeCrypto

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/bitcoin-credit-card

Bitcoin Debit-Credit Card

The world's first widely accepted Bitcoin Credit Card is nearly here. How? Each Bitcoin credit card will be connected to a secure wallet to enable the user to load their Bitcoin credit card to their preference. Based upon market Bitcoin price, any purchase made will be converted, same as any foreign currency. Anywhere credit cards are accepted, so are Bitcoins (plus potentially any crypto-currency) conveniently and smoothly.

Three main components:

Physical Bitcoin Debit-Credit Card - used the same as any Visa Credit Card.
Bitcoin Wallet - Credit Card limit determined by Bitcoin market price.
Password protected App - Check exchange rate and account balance.
While the concept is simple, the mechanics are not. The Bitcoin Credit Card will be based on a private label Visa Credit Card. As underwriting for such a venture is non-existent, a track record must be established before unsecured credit is issued. At launch, the Bitcoin Credit Card will operate as a Pre-load Credit Card. Limit is established via Bitcoins loaded to the wallet based upon exchange rate.

What We Need & What You Get

Financial institutions do not like change, even inevitable change. Early adopters will be this change - altering the face of business forever. To issue cards, integrate, and develop software, our financial forecasting calls for $200,000 in funds and support to spearhead success of this venture, which will not go unrewarded.
Depending on contribution;  
$25 contributors will be the first in history to receive a physical and Limited Edition Bitcoin Credit Card in the mail.
$50 contributors - In addition to Bitcoin Credit Card; will receive a T-shirt and/or additional alternative useful promotional item(s).
$100 contributors -In addition to Bitcoin Credit Card and Promotional Items; will receive $1 for $1 their contribution in the form of Bitcoins placed in the user's wallet within 30 days of wallet establishment at market price.
Private funds will be sought in the event of contribution shortfall.

The Impact

The implications of a non-centralized standard currency are limitless. Less reach and control by others upon your finances increases freedom of every nature. Once fully adopted, Bitcoin Credit Card offers solid presence and backing beyond mere "faith" in printable paper currency - yet offers the desired liquidity.

Bitcoin is revolutionary in and of itself, but still have the caveat of liquidity.  
Crypto-currency will be as game changing to business as the dawn of the internet.
Amazon, Paypal, NewEgg, OverStock are just a few of the companies that see the writing on the wall and accept Bitcoin. The missing element is wide acceptance and convenience.

Risks & Challenges

Bitcoin is disruptive, therefore feared by established financial institutions as it erodes their control and frankly profit. For this reason, BItcoin and especially a widely accepted form of Bitcoin payment is a target.
As successful entrepreneurs with business and finance background, we believe we have the necessary professionals with the proper skill-sets to persevere and overcome outside threats.
With start-up experience and part owner of a 400+ employee company, we have the tools necessary to ensure success. Although the integrated technology will be the first of its kind, our trials show proof of concept.

Other Ways You Can Help

Some people just can't contribute, but that doesn't mean they can't help:

Ask folks to get the word out and make some noise about the first Bitcoin Credit Card.
A simple share with the Indiegogo share tools is a tribute to freedom.
Together we can forever change the face of currency.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/bitcoin-credit-card
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
zetaray

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 08:01:26 AM

Nice, but I would prefer a bitcoin debit card over credit card. There is no difference in shop acceptance as a consumer.

.CryptoTotal.com.
                              l█████████▇▀
                              ████████▇▀
                              ███████▇▀
                              ██████▇▀
                              █████▇▀
                              ████▇▀
                              ███▇▀
                              ██▇▀
                              █▇▀
                              ▇▀
▇▇
▇▇

Express.Crypto.Checkout
Accepts Multiple Cryptos
Worldwide Shipping
railzand

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

Lux e tenebris

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 08:23:50 AM

I guess you just don't like doing homework.

blatchcorn

Activity: 952
Merit: 281

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 11:41:43 AM

What you described is a debit card, not a credit card
BeCrypto (OP)

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 06:27:17 AM

Nice, but I would prefer a bitcoin debit card over credit card. There is no difference in shop acceptance as a consumer.

Looks like it will launch as a debit card, then eventually have a credit card option i.e. simply paying credit card balance via bitcoin at the end of the month.

I guess you just don't like doing homework.

Explain?

What you described is a debit card, not a credit card

Don't know but looks that way to start. I will definitely donate if it picks up steam, would love to make purchases when bitcoin is high and will use regular credit card when low.
SirLolicon

Activity: 322

Sound Engineer for Hire

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 06:31:47 AM

I know it'd be really great to have a bitcoin credit card but it'd probably be a hassle..

Like a service would have to be constantly exchanging bitcoins to dollars and that service would need a big capital :/

railzand

Lux e tenebris

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 06:40:26 AM

such cards have been done to death. all are fail. you didn't notice? or you're a special and different snowflake?

BeCrypto (OP)

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 06:42:05 AM
Last edit: September 20, 2014, 07:13:11 AM by BeCrypto

I know it'd be really great to have a bitcoin credit card but it'd probably be a hassle..

Like a service would have to be constantly exchanging bitcoins to dollars and that service would need a big capital :/

I imagine from the consumer standpoint it would be just like a regular card linked to wallet.

You are correct though, the backside of the transaction sounds complicated. Hope to find out!

such cards have been done to death. all are fail. you didn't notice? or you're a special and different snowflake?

Haha! That is exactly right, hoping someone figures out how to make a mainstream reliable Bitcoin Card - instead of figuring out one more way not to make one. Past may simply have been too volatile, but appears volatility steadily decreasing with Bitcoin potentially headed to a low but stable $300 then upwards, continued with less volatility. Not to mention Bitcoin value would increase dramatically with expanded base assisted by credit card liquidity.

Slick article I tend to agree with which explains the volatility/bubbles: http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-switch/wp/2014/02/03/these-four-charts-suggest-that-bitcoin-will-stabilize-in-the-future/
railzand

Lux e tenebris

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 07:26:01 AM

There will inevitably be volatility for decades, but it's not just about that.
You don't remember when you first got into bitcoin? Oho, looky here this magic internet money, it removes banks, not least.

Now here we have some start up: hey guize let's use a bank to <insert anything> bitcoin.
aka 'let's use hay to power these new combustion engines'

either Visa converts to gasoline, or it folds. but for now it is anti bitcoin and will fold the start up companies that subvert it

ruins

Activity: 98

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 02:44:16 AM

that's a debit card you are talking about, not a credit card.
poxie

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 08:27:13 AM

good idea, proud of you!
DiamondCardz
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1112

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2014, 09:44:03 AM

You want $200,000 but you can't even tell the difference between a Credit Card and a Debit Card? Sorry but that seems a little strange to me - you want to start such a huge business venture, yet you can't even name it correctly.

BA Computer Science, University of Oxford
Dissertation was about threat modelling on distributed ledgers.
beaknuke

Activity: 412

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 09:49:01 AM

Isn't the first to come up with the card idea  www.xapo.com ?

BeCrypto (OP)

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 05:43:56 PM
Last edit: September 21, 2014, 06:16:58 PM by BeCrypto

There will inevitably be volatility for decades, but it's not just about that.
You don't remember when you first got into bitcoin? Oho, looky here this magic internet money, it removes banks, not least.

Now here we have some start up: hey guize let's use a bank to <insert anything> bitcoin.
aka 'let's use hay to power these new combustion engines'

either Visa converts to gasoline, or it folds. but for now it is anti bitcoin and will fold the start up companies that subvert it

Understand your argument, but its flawed. You are clearly a purist which I respect, however does that mean Prius and Tesla cars shouldn't be transported on oil powered ships and coal trains?

My position is let Bitcoin integrate and go as mainstream as possible - even if attached to banks. If one doesn't like gasoline, it was still essential in the coming about of newer technology. If Toyota and Tesla waited for solar power trains before bringing their creation to the public - we would be worse off.  

Inevitably the uses and user-mindsets will evolve away from inefficiencies (banks).

You want $200,000 but you can't even tell the difference between a Credit Card and a Debit Card? Sorry but that seems a little strange to me - you want to start such a huge business venture, yet you can't even name it correctly.

See the link. They are launching as Debit. Once track record established, unsecured credit can be issued then paid via Bitcoin. I wrote them asking about more specifics, will update when they respond.

Isn't the first to come up with the card idea  www.xapo.com ?

I believe you are right, there are many debit cards out there. Some more functional than other, but apparently this company will integrate a true credit issuance - credit card.
beaknuke

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 05:55:10 PM

well good luck to you, in my Country (UK) all our cards will need a chip on it and then a pin number, I understand the Americans still swipe (huh?) and limited security. 

In the UK you must have a LYNX or VISA/Mastercard logo on the card to be used in ATM machines (from what I gather) I could be wrong, I have read somewhere that Scrap Dealers now issue cards instead of Cash to prevent them getting robbed, these cards are credited with the value of your scrap and you take it to the ATM to get your cash, sensible.  So I can see its possible with bitcoin

BeCrypto (OP)

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 06:13:20 PM

well good luck to you, in my Country (UK) all our cards will need a chip on it and then a pin number, I understand the Americans still swipe (huh?) and limited security. 

In the UK you must have a LYNX or VISA/Mastercard logo on the card to be used in ATM machines (from what I gather) I could be wrong, I have read somewhere that Scrap Dealers now issue cards instead of Cash to prevent them getting robbed, these cards are credited with the value of your scrap and you take it to the ATM to get your cash, sensible.  So I can see its possible with bitcoin

Very true, security is becoming an issue unlike ever before with recent Target and Home Depot breaches. I was recently in the UK and didn't have a problem using my old school Visa credit card, but keeping an eye on the transactions. Sounds like this card will be based on private-label Visa.

Like you said, the Debit card is easy and tends to be far more secure. Excited to see what they do for Credit.

beaknuke

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 06:23:43 PM

yes the old school cards will work for now, we are being trained to use NFC from our mobiles, for instance McDonalds drive thrus all take NFC at present and Apple also launching their own payment system (attack on bitcoin?)

a number of newer cards now have NFC type in them as well, so any lo-cost transation (under £20) will be just be paid for by touching the payment machine.

bitllionaire
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 07:58:43 PM

wow 200k dollars is a too high amount
I don't think you'll reach that amount
BeCrypto (OP)

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 08:55:11 PM

wow 200k dollars is a too high amount
I don't think you'll reach that amount

Perhaps not, but the idea needs to be floated. These guys are doing Debit initially to build a base, then quickly offer a credit option. From my emails to them, Credit will be issued at different levels. Lower amount of Credit line for unsecured debt. Medium based on wallet balance (indicates ability to pay) and High based on SSN if chosen.
fonzii

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 02:45:09 AM

SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM

Oh yea. SCAM
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: