Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 02:06:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: This captain is ready to go down with his ship.  (Read 4793 times)
serenitys

Activity: 126
Merit: 101

Be Here Now

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 07:22:17 AM

Wow...take a bitcoin break, come back and it's where I jumped in!

I'd ask WTF is happening with this downturn from 600s to 300s but I don't want shit thrown at me...plus, I'll read up on what's been going on.

I bought in earlier this year, March April and May and rode it up, but then I cheated...cashed out and bought a new laptop. Then the price started to fall so I sold off down to the equivalent of $25 and forgot about it until a couple days ago. Been watching it fall ever since. I am pro using bitcoin in transactions and I do wish I'd have bought my new laptop in bitcoin but Best Buy had a sale so I pulled it out to fiat to grab it while the door was open.

At the risk of speaking heresy, I am still hoping the price will continue to plummet into the high 100s or low 200s range to buy back in cheap. I have 325 as my red line in the sand...if it gets to that line I'll start buying in or getting ready to. If it jumps back to 450 I'll also jump back in. That's kind of where I got in originally but I do hope it'll drop into the 100s so I can pick up a nice quantity to "hodl" awhile...and of course, start using it in transactions.

I just reeeally wanted that laptop Cheesy

You say "anti government" like that's a bad thing...

Unfortunate times will bring out the best in good people and the worst in bad people
Unbelive

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

Invest & Earn: https://cloudthink.io

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 02:53:06 PM

Bought BTC back in 11 13 2013 when we were at 410.

Then again at 540.

Then more at 600.

I would rather see BTC hit 0.00 then leave now.

I am a firm believer in the technology, which is still sound.

ETF will spark next rise.

We might hit 380 in the meantime but fuck it.

Time to double my holdings for less.

Thank you weak hands and trolls.
If you would put that money in bank you would gain just a little bit more. IF you would buy car, you would have 40% less now after almost 2 years. So you did good decision back then.

thew3apon

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 03:07:46 PM

Once alibaba IPO is over, BTC price will rise again..
becker

Activity: 146

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 03:12:42 PM

I'll stick with bitcoin, until something substantially better comes out, and no I've not seen anything that is "better" in a significant way.

Some projects have promise if they ever finish with all the features promised, and function in a way that normal people can take advantage.

I'm not married to Bitcoin "Forever" though. It's probably 50/50 this time next year whether I own any bitcoin at all, or twice as much, depends on what happens.
Odalv
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 03:41:18 PM

I'll stick with bitcoin, until something substantially better comes out, and no I've not seen anything that is "better" in a significant way.

Some projects have promise if they ever finish with all the features promised, and function in a way that normal people can take advantage.

I'm not married to Bitcoin "Forever" though. It's probably 50/50 this time next year whether I own any bitcoin at all, or twice as much, depends on what happens.

Bitcoin already has futures that other alts try to implement in a bad way.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=279249.0
The signatures, one per input, inside a transaction are completely independent of each other.  This means that it's possible for Bitcoin users to agree on a set of inputs to spend, and a set of outputs to pay to, and then to individually and separately sign a transaction and later merge their signatures. The transaction is not valid and won't be accepted by the network until all signatures are provided, and no one will sign a transaction which is not to their liking.

To use this to increase privacy, the N users would agree on a uniform output size and provide inputs amounting to at least that size. The transaction would have N outputs of that size and potentially N more change outputs if some of the users provided input in excess of the target.  All would sign the transaction, and then the transaction could be transmitted. No risk of theft at any point.

https://github.com/bitcoin/bips/blob/master/bip-0032.mediawiki
mustang77

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 05:18:20 PM

We'll hit 1200 soon so good job dave man. Now just be pattient and dont do anything stupid .
Edward50

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 07:39:48 PM

Bought BTC back in 11 13 2013 when we were at 410.

Then again at 540.

Then more at 600.

I would rather see BTC hit 0.00 then leave now.

I am a firm believer in the technology, which is still sound.

ETF will spark next rise.

We might hit 380 in the meantime but fuck it.

Time to double my holdings for less.

Thank you weak hands and trolls.

Drop your false hope. The ETF doesn't matter, it's only another way for people to invest in a digital token, it's not an actual innovation to bitcoin and does nothing to make them more attractive to consumers. That's the number 1 problem right now. Outside of this community, nobody is buying bitcoins and using them for shopping. As much as people here evangelize it, there is no good reason for them to convert their cash to bitcoin.

Bitcoin is finished... you need to accept that reality. This isn't 2012: back then, bitcoin was only a play thing for nerds, but there was no actual infrastructure yet. Now we have merchant adoption, but no consumers! And governments are banning! The ship is going down, and you're playing your violin on the deck.

Finally someone who gets it! It seems more people are getting it now.

Everybody wants to get rich here quick, but most will soon realize it isn't that easy.

Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup; You put water into a bottle it becomes the bottle; You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.
RickJamesBTC

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 05:57:50 AM

How do people have so much time that they can troll a bitcoin forum claiming that bitcoin is dead? Nobody cares what you think, don't you have a job, or a life? Seems like most of the posts are coming from the same person, likely trying to drive the price lower while volume is so low so that they can buy up more cheap btc. The tech is sound, the adoption is growing and retailers are reporting strong sales in btc. There is a strong future for bitcoin or something like it. Stupid kids drooling on their unwashed clothes in their parents basement are the ones claiming the sky is falllllling.
RickJamesBTC

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 05:59:26 AM

Edward50.
Remember when you said this, back in 2011?

It finally cracked and fell to 8.45, currently there are no major bidwalls until $8.00. Very week bid demand could mean another fall very shortly. If the bitcoin conference is over a week away your better off waiting to buy lower than around $10.00

Most buyers are not stupid and will not buy higher than around $10.00. Many miners have been hording and are waiting to pounce on the right opportunity to dump their vast hoards of bitcoins. Pesonally, it is far too risky to be buying at the current high prices.

How fucking stupid do you feel now?
piramida
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1010

Borsche

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 06:59:51 AM

Now he understands that getting rich is hard - if you are stupid and scared like he was, you don't Wink

i am satoshi
yefi
Legendary

Activity: 2842
Merit: 1511

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 06:31:02 PM

Edward50.
Remember when you said this, back in 2011?

It finally cracked and fell to 8.45, currently there are no major bidwalls until $8.00. Very week bid demand could mean another fall very shortly. If the bitcoin conference is over a week away your better off waiting to buy lower than around $10.00

Most buyers are not stupid and will not buy higher than around $10.00. Many miners have been hording and are waiting to pounce on the right opportunity to dump their vast hoards of bitcoins. Pesonally, it is far too risky to be buying at the current high prices.

As I see it, the mistake was not to sell, it was to not re-buy lower. By December, certainly 19th December, the buy signal was in place. Wish I'd been around back then, looks super fun.

Wait, are you still foaming at the mouth? //me gingerly steps out of the room.
ravenjt

Activity: 215

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 07:52:41 AM

Given that the fall in price will soon be sufficient to make it into the major financial press, causing serious damage to the reputation of BTC, now must be the time to truly tie oneself to the mast and defend BTC to the bitter end. That means shifting all net assets into BTC, to soak up all the excess supply in the market, and defend a level higher than 350 (which seems to be the major buying point at the moment).
Who's really prepared to do this?
serenitys

Activity: 126
Merit: 101

Be Here Now

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 08:11:29 AM

I would avoid making drastic sells at this point. I'm also wondering if the media has any real influence over bitcoin at all. It doesn't seem to me like it does. Bitcoin has continued positioning itself mainstream in the face of all the negative "fud" crap from media since "the great crash" and mt gox, all of that. China's ban didn't do much either, just little fluctuations. The bots seemed to have the most real world impact.

The reality is that the media is a joke, everyone knows it's a joke, and nobody who thinks for themselves will act based on what the talking heads tell them. I agree defending bitcoin is a good idea but making moves based only on the rise and fall of bitcoin as per media stories is just bad strategy.

Even if the media continues reporting negatively on bitcoin as prices drop to $100s or lower, the reality is everyone still in the bitcoin game at all at that time will seize that opportunity to buy up as much coin as they can and that is what will drive the price right back up.

You say "anti government" like that's a bad thing...

Unfortunate times will bring out the best in good people and the worst in bad people
kutaka

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 08:12:56 AM

Given that the fall in price will soon be sufficient to make it into the major financial press, causing serious damage to the reputation of BTC, now must be the time to truly tie oneself to the mast and defend BTC to the bitter end. That means shifting all net assets into BTC, to soak up all the excess supply in the market, and defend a level higher than 350 (which seems to be the major buying point at the moment).
Who's really prepared to do this?
I hope that nobody.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 08:18:42 AM

well if the market is truly being manipulated..by china trades that are illegal in the USA and the no fee exchanges....and panic dumps on drops etc

It could be we are back into the 1880's boom/bust cycle...ie it has to go bust bad in order to boom later

in other words capitalism at its worst.......back then they had like a depression every 7 to 9 years then boom then bust repeat

thus why finance markets have regulations now

so maybe it has to crash big to come back big...then repeat

in other words to hit that 400 usd ave...the swings in a year may be between 200 and 900 or some such.....

anyway I'm holding we are either in a boom or bust pattern or I'm bust

if BTC goes boom and I hold till the end I will make a nice little self...wall paper behind it with paper wallets worthless at that point....put some
tulip stickers on the shelf and add some beanie babies as a good firm life lesson Sad

if it goes the other way I will simply buy the 2nd house to add a shelf of all my bronzed bitcoin miners Smiley

either or

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
wachtwoord
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 08:28:29 AM

This captain is ready to go down with his ship.

I guess it's time for this one again? Dido - White Flag

Honestly a bit late in the cycle for that. I don't think we have much lower to go. But then again, you never know.
Zolly

Activity: 8

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 08:47:11 AM

It's a bear market without any doubt. Even after all the good news we had lately, it's still a bear market. The technicals are telling us that the price will continue to drop. Won't be surprised if we see btc price fall to under $200 in a couple of months.

So basicly from an investors point of view you should seriously consider getting out now and buy in later. If not you are just stupid or you own 1 coin for buying drugs on SR..

Time to sell!
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 08:49:40 AM

It's a bear market without any doubt. Even after all the good news we had lately, it's still a bear market. The technicals are telling us that the price will continue to drop. Won't be surprised if we see btc price fall to under $200 in a couple of months.

So basicly from an investors point of view you should seriously consider getting out now and buy in later. If not you are just stupid or you own 1 coin for buying drugs on SR..

Time to sell!

yeah and me buying stocks .selling them and buying in again always works sooooo well

I'm in it long term..it works or it don't..them's the breaks

51.5 btc ATM from mining $7.5k investment

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Zolly

Activity: 8

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 10:12:08 AM

Time to sell!

yeah and me buying stocks .selling them and buying in again always works sooooo well

Long run or not. Obviously there must be some reason for you reading the speculation forum. I'm not talking about daytrading. The only thing that could drive the price now is if big money is coming in. That might happen but not at these prices. As we have seen over the past month all the good news in the world just wont do it.

inca
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 10:14:18 AM

Time to sell!

Long run or not. Obviously there must be some reason for you reading the speculation forum. I'm not talking about daytrading. The only thing that could drive the price now is if big money is coming in. That might happen but not at these prices. As we have seen over the past month all the good news in the world just wont do it.

Try thinking past short term timescales and price movements and see the bigger picture.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: