Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 02:51:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] ORTHOCOIN - [ORTHO] Full of features - POD 3/5 - x13 - Launched  (Read 44778 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
spacelab

Activity: 528
Merit: 250

Nominex support

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2014, 03:54:20 PM

Soooo you use our btc to fill buy support to buy more coins to pump it up higher to dump on us for MORE btc?

Orrr you could spend it on development. just sayin...
coinking
Legendary

Activity: 927
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 03:54:30 PM

what's the deal here? Why are some claiming this is a copy of OPAL with an ICO attached? Dev, please clarify

dunno, but based on the prices so far Im glad I chose to buy into opal...Tongue

edit: actually

copied coin but with ico slapped on...shame on you

Speaking on behalf of of the Opalcoin Team, we will be pursing necessary actions to protect our code.  Making a copy coin is one thing, claiming our code is theirs and making money from it is one step too far.

I want to remember you just a thing: OPEN SOURCE.

Moreover, your opal coin code was full of bugs and you copied yourself the wallet. -So please , if you shut up you do a better impression.

Thanks.

(If you want to sue us, you're welcome.)

Its copied.  tbh, Im not sure how big of a deal it is... I think alot of coins use already written code.

My worry is not the fact it's copied, it's the fact that people from the OPAL community are claiming that ORTHO is claiming the code as there own...

original post "Quote from: bassguitarman on Today at 03:06:24 AM
Quote from: sensimilia on Today at 02:37:03 AM

Speaking on behalf of of the Opalcoin Team, we will be pursing necessary actions to protect our code.  Making a copy coin is one thing, claiming our code is theirs and making money from it is one step too far."

The dev of this thread ignored this post and I think it's a valid point. Dev, please advice

Speaking on behalf of of the Opalcoin Team, we will be pursing necessary actions to protect our code.  Making a copy coin is one thing, claiming our code is theirs and making money from it is one step too far.

I want to remember you just a thing: OPEN SOURCE.

Moreover, your opal coin code was full of bugs and you copied yourself the wallet. -So please , if you shut up you do a better impression.

Thanks.

(If you want to sue us, you're welcome.)

Thanks for sharing that post - I must have missed it.. unfortunately it still doesn't reassure me.

.TeleX  AI.
▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄████████████▄
▄████████████████▄
████████████████████
██████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
██████████████████████
████████████████████
▀████████████████▀
▀████████████▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀
Store
▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄████████████▄
▄████████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀█████
████████████░░░░░█████
███████▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀▀██████
███████░░░░░██▄▄▄▄▄███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄██░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░██████▀███████
████████████▀░░░░░░░▀█████
███████████░░░░░░░░░▄█████
████████▀████████▄██████
█████▀░░░░░░░▀████████
████▄░░░░░░░░░██████
▀████▄███████████▀
▀████████████▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀
Send/Receive
▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄████████████▄
▄████░███████████▄
██████░███░█████████
███████░███░██████████
███████░░░██░███████░███
████████░░░█░░░██░███░████
████████░░░█░░░██░███░████
█████░██░░░██░██░░░█░░░███
█████░██░░░██░███░██░░░███
█████░██░░░██░███░██░░░███
███░░░██░███████░███░███
██░░░██░███████░██████
█░░░████████████████
░░░██████████████▀
▀████████████▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀
Trade
Polly Stripe

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 05:00:18 PM

https://github.com/OpalCoin/OpalCoin/search?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q=bitcoin

https://twitter.com/pollystripe/status/515908624519286784
bassguitarman

Activity: 728

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 05:00:54 PM

If  you delete this post, it is even more evidence that you are doing this willfully.  Opalcoin has investors, and we can and will use our leggal power if neccasary to the fullest extent.

Orthocoin has profited off of our code, and claimed it as their own.  Being open source doesn't mean you can pass of it as your own, and that is not permissable.  For our code to be used, you must follow the outlines of the BSD liscense, which are found here: https://github.com/OpalCoin/OpalCoin/blob/master/COPYING

We kindly respect if you give us legal credit and donate any and all profits to charity, or we will pursue legal action.

Thanks,

The Opalcoin Team

PS, read this http://embeddedgurus.com/stack-overflow/2012/02/why-you-really-shouldnt-steal-source-code/
bassguitarman

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 05:01:44 PM

Thanks!  "Dev" will probably delete your post too.
Polly Stripe

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 05:01:48 PM

If  you delete this post, it is even more evidence that you are doing this willfully.  Opalcoin has investors, and we can and will use our leggal power if neccasary to the fullest extent.

Orthocoin has profited off of our code, and claimed it as their own.  Being open source doesn't mean you can pass of it as your own, and that is not permissable.  For our code to be used, you must follow the outlines of the BSD liscense, which are found here: https://github.com/OpalCoin/OpalCoin/blob/master/COPYING

We kindly respect if you give us legal credit and donate any and all profits to charity, or we will pursue legal action.

Thanks,

The Opalcoin Team

PS, read this http://embeddedgurus.com/stack-overflow/2012/02/why-you-really-shouldnt-steal-source-code/

Polly Stripe

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 05:02:59 PM

You're an idiot!))) I myself deleted my posts so as not to waste your quote)))
bassguitarman

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 05:06:30 PM

The difference is bitcoin's liscense is different, and we did not have an IPO or ICO. 
Polly Stripe

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 05:07:54 PM

I do not care))) I've sold your coins)))
Danz0r77

Activity: 574
Merit: 504

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 05:08:54 PM

Guys fuck this shit coin - buy into Opal instead - it's going to actually go places
bassguitarman

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 05:10:52 PM

In addition, we don't claim bitcoin's code as our own and credit them in our docs.  Due to the dev's willful ignorance, we are speaking with legal professionals on how to proceed.

-The Opal Team
Polly Stripe

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 05:11:48 PM

In addition, we don't claim bitcoin's code as our own and credit them in our docs.  Due to the dev's willful ignorance, we are speaking with legal professionals on how to proceed.

-The Opal Team

Good luck)))
OrthoCoin (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 05:12:04 PM

Guys fuck this shit coin - buy into Opal instead - it's going to actually go places

Really a nice beahaviour from Opal Coin dev team and their supporters.

It's evident you're scared from ORTHO.

I'm sorry if your OPAL did not get that attention you would. ANd it's really stupid to go in others coins thread suggesting to buy others coins !

Bleah!
Polly Stripe

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 05:16:06 PM

Really a nice beahaviour from Opal Coin dev team and their supporters.

It's evident you're scared from ORTHO.

I'm sorry if your OPAL did not get that attention you would. ANd it's really stupid to go in others coins thread suggesting to buy others coins !

Bleah!

Don't pay any attention to them! If fud has begun, so you do it right)) Until I believe you, I will protect my investment  Cool
ocminer
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1240

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2014, 05:16:29 PM

You should really stop bitching about who stole what as Opal is simply also a fork of a fork of a fork and has / had no unique features like stealth,  xc etc.

The folks who want to mine Opal can mine Opal, the folks who want to Start from scratch with a New Name, New Logo and new blockchain can mine Ortho..

My 2 Cents...

suprnova pools - reliable mining pools - #suprnova on freenet
https://www.suprnova.cc - FOLLOW us @ Twitter ! twitter.com/SuprnovaPools
HammyCoin

Activity: 363
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 05:18:41 PM

It's open source, threatening legal action just makes the accusers look really stupid.  I'm not an Ortho fan, but get real people.

edit: you also cant just clone some open source shit yourselves, slap a copyright on it, then start suing people. Are you guys for real? Have you consulted a real attorney for even 3 seconds?
OrthoCoin (OP)

Activity: 28

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 05:19:45 PM

GETTING BLACKMAILED BY OPAL COIN DEV TO BUY THEIR RIGHTS FOR 6 BTC!!!!

SCAMMERS!!!!

Are you kidding?

You source code is released under open source license.

Plus your code isn't registered anywhere or can you prove a trademark registration? ANd moreover if you want to gewt this story on a court field, we will be glad to mkae you contact by our lawyers.

Open Source Liscense?  That doesn't exist. Lol, its liscensed under the BSD liscense, and can be read here: https://github.com/OpalCoin/OpalCoin/blob/master/COPYING

You must acknowledge our code in all advetisements and postings.]

We will sell you rights to our code for 6 BTC (non negotiable)

I'm sending a dmca to github right now
bassguitarman

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 05:22:44 PM

SCAMMERS!!!!

Are you kidding?

Plus your code isn't registered anywhere or can you prove a trademark registration? ANd moreover if you want to gewt this story on a court field, we will be glad to mkae you contact by our lawyers.

Open Source Liscense?  That doesn't exist. Lol, its liscensed under the BSD liscense, and can be read here: https://github.com/OpalCoin/OpalCoin/blob/master/COPYING

This is not blackmail, we are saying if you would like to purchase rights to our coin, so you can use the code without acknowledgement.  You can still use it without paying, but you must use our liscanese
eyekantbeme

Activity: 11

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 05:25:02 PM

SCAMMERS!!!!

Are you kidding?

Open Source Liscense?  That doesn't exist. Lol, its liscensed under the BSD liscense, and can be read here: https://github.com/OpalCoin/OpalCoin/blob/master/COPYING

Tell them to go step on a rake.

and.....LOL @ pay us 2400$ for the right to claim our coin.  Seriously? Wow.  Just wow.  xD
Mountaingoat

Activity: 714

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2014, 05:28:34 PM

SCAMMERS!!!!

Are you kidding?

This is not blackmail, we are saying if you would like to purchase rights to our coin, so you can use the code without acknowledgement.  You can still use it without paying, but you must use our liscanese
It is open source, there are no rights attached to that.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: