Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 01:10:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: what are the most interesting and profitable things you can buy with bitcoins  (Read 1193 times)
drknow012 (OP)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

Fairy Tale + Fact = Unregulated Virtual Currency!

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2012, 11:02:09 PM

just to start off, i think that an anonymous currency is worth a hundred, or even a thousand times more than the dollar could ever be. you can provide your customers with anonymity, which is a valuable thing! anonymous hosting services to start with, is a thing of beauty. you could host anything you wanted. but plz dont go down that rabbit hole in this thread, as it would be deleted by moderators. they frown upon such things... Tongue

BTCChess Affiliate Program: Earn 50% on all commissions from referrals at btcchess.tk

Just sign up, post your affiliate link in your sig, and take part in the community's discussions! It's that easy!

Donations and Investors: 1F6yYdQ7rWVaH9Nqv7gbBw5FbZUuhL9smh
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Gladamas

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

Bitcoin today is what the internet was in 1998.

View Profile
May 03, 2012, 03:20:47 PM

just to start off, i think that an anonymous currency is worth a hundred, or even a thousand times more than the dollar could ever be. you can provide your customers with anonymity, which is a valuable thing! anonymous hosting services to start with, is a thing of beauty. you could host anything you wanted. but plz dont go down that rabbit hole in this thread, as it would be deleted by moderators. they frown upon such things... Tongue

You can buy all sorts of things with Bitcoin.

This page has a large number of goods and services you can buy:
https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Trade

You can also buy Bitcoin-related securities:
https://glbse.com/assets

You can bet on almost anything:
http://betsofbitco.in/

Or gamble:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=75883.0

And of course, you can create Bitcoins by mining for them.

If you have any questions let me know!

1GLADMZ5tL4HkS6BAWPfJLeZJCDHAd9Fr3 - LQ6Zx8v7fHVBiDX5Lmhbp6oEDB7dUFjANu
GPG 0xF219D5BB3C467E12 - Litecoin Forum
drknow012 (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2012, 11:35:15 PM

sure, i have a question for you. i only found out about bitcoins this past month, and i'm hooked. i've done alot of research, and i even started developing a website for bitcoin wagers in chess matches. does this sound like a positive endevour? would you like to see it? (not complete yet, still have to create a finished game handler to disperse the wagers to the players account)

BTCChess Affiliate Program: Earn 50% on all commissions from referrals at btcchess.tk

Just sign up, post your affiliate link in your sig, and take part in the community's discussions! It's that easy!

Gladamas

View Profile
May 03, 2012, 11:46:18 PM

sure, i have a question for you. i only found out about bitcoins this past month, and i'm hooked. i've done alot of research, and i even started developing a website for bitcoin wagers in chess matches. does this sound like a positive endevour? would you like to see it? (not complete yet, still have to create a finished game handler to disperse the wagers to the players account)

Is the betting on chess matches played on your website (as opposed to another website or offline)?

If so, I think it sounds like a good idea; you can adjust what cut of the bet money you get, and what the people who won/lost the game get.

Otherwise, Bets of Bitcoin does the same thing on a broader scale.

drknow012 (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2012, 01:23:57 AM

well i know bets and wagers are kinda the same thing, but i call it a wager with my site. pretty much you fund your account through bitcoin wallet transfer, then you post your game on the list with your wager (it can be what ever you want) when somone accepts, the wager is sent to an escrow account. when a player wins, the money is transfered from the escrow account to the winning players account, minus a small commission for affiliates and myself. the affiliate program is key though. i give 4% commission to affiliates. pretty much, when somone signs up and enteres an affiliate code, when that player wins a game, about 10% commission is withdrawn from the escrow, and 4% goes to the affiliate. so the player get's about 90% of the escrow. do you want me to post a link when it is complete?

Gladamas

View Profile
May 04, 2012, 01:29:13 AM

well i know bets and wagers are kinda the same thing, but i call it a wager with my site. pretty much you fund your account through bitcoin wallet transfer, then you post your game on the list with your wager (it can be what ever you want) when somone accepts, the wager is sent to an escrow account. when a player wins, the money is transfered from the escrow account to the winning players account, minus a small commission for affiliates and myself. the affiliate program is key though. i give 4% commission to affiliates. pretty much, when somone signs up and enteres an affiliate code, when that player wins a game, about 10% commission is withdrawn from the escrow, and 4% goes to the affiliate. so the player get's about 90% of the escrow. do you want me to post a link when it is complete?

Sure!

drknow012 (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2012, 01:35:34 AM

i can send you a pm with the link, because i don't want people using it yet as the API btc transfer services have not been fully tested. when you get the link, just make an account and poke around, but don't fund it until i worked out all the kinks! i don't know how to send a pm though... Sad

drknow012 (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2012, 01:41:41 AM

if any one else is interested, send me a pm

(i figured out the pm btw Tongue)

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2012, 01:47:44 AM

if any one else is interested, send me a pm

(i figured out the pm btw Tongue)

You can develop a website and play chess, yet had a problem in how to send a PM.

Have you Googled "Chess Boxing"?

~Bruno~
ccliu

Activity: 420

View Profile
May 04, 2012, 02:30:20 AM

play my gambing game, or buy silver from me!

Other than that, satoshidice.com is really fun, thats where I spend most of my bitcoins.
drknow012 (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2012, 10:41:03 AM

chess boxing huh? i read the wiki on it. it made me laugh. i kept picturing an old time commentary updating the crowd on every move, like an old 50's race horse competition. "And he's coming in with the bishop, and he's moving the queen, and he's coming around with a quick jab, another one, another one! This is gonna be the fight of a century!" lol, can you see it?

drknow012 (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2012, 12:40:21 PM

i have another idea for a website using bitcoins to earn a profit if anyone is interested. it's a gaming site based on skill, not chance. it's for games like counter strike, or any other pc game, such as soldier of fortune, quake 3, and pretty much any game like that. the website can view the server statistics for each game being played, and determine the winner(s). each player would have to put up a certain amount of btc to participate in each game, and after a winner has been determined by that server statistics, the escrow account would disperse the bitcoins to the winning team, or individual player. there could be 1 on 1's, ctf's, tdm's, and ffa's. there's alot of games like that and all the script needs to do is query the log file of each server. it's acctually pretty straight foward, but it'll take some time to write the code. if any one wants to help me with this project in any way, please keep on posting on this thread. i'm trying to get out of "newbie" so i can post in other areas of the forum.

Global BTC

Activity: 529
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2012, 01:24:44 PM

I have a lot of gadgets for sale on BitMit, and they can off course be bought with BTC: http://bitmit.net/en/user/GBTC

Some examples:

Wii Remote controller, 5BTC

GameBoy case for iPhone, 1BTC

Digital multimeter, 4BTC

drknow012 (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2012, 01:39:50 PM

interesting, but i want bitcoin related products, i can buy those with a credit card if i wanted to from any outlet store...

Global BTC

Activity: 529
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2012, 02:36:46 PM

When you write "bitcoin related", do you mean stuff like bitcoin-branded clothes and stickers, or do you mean bitcoin mining equipment?

drknow012 (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2012, 03:29:19 PM

well, i mean bitcoin exclusive. things you can only do with bitcoins, and make a profit also.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: