Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 02:40:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Calling All Cause Coin, Ethical Coins, and Conscious Coins Let's Work Together  (Read 13557 times)
BitcoinNational
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010

Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics

View Profile
November 30, 2014, 06:29:20 PM
Last edit: October 21, 2015, 04:10:09 PM by BitcoinNational

HT you deserve your own coin ... you're an institution unto yourself ... a charitable coin of course Smiley I kid ... you're the official inspector background checker, from now on.  Glad you've got an eye on things.

==============================
hippy was right this is a DUMP // start again
==============================

BITCOINTALK is for CHARITY
The only alternative crypto currency devoted for BCT forum users and charitable institution around the world.

Charitable institutions to receive 70% share of the premined BCT Coins on behalf of BitCoin Talk Community

How is BCT Coin different from other crypto currencies?
Developed to aid charitable institutions
BTC was distributed to active BitCoin Talk community members
All the charitable donations will be on BitCoin Talk community name
Offer you an option to ‘Mine, Earn & Share your Profits with a Charity’.

LONG LIST
http://bitcoin100.org/charities/

SHORT LIST of 20
[alphabetical]

Acid Survivors Trust International
www.acidviolence.org/

Action on Smoking and Health
www.ash.org/

African Well Fund
www.africanwellfund.org/

Amazon Conservation Team
www.amazonteam.org/

Artists for World Peace
www.artistsforworldpeace.org/

Bailey House
www.baileyhouse.org

Beyond The 11th - widows in Afghanistan
www.beyondthe11th.org/

Book Aid International
www.bookaid.org/

Child Aid - Central American education
www.child-aid.org/

Cleft Lip and Palate Association UK
www.clapa.com/

Coral Reef Alliance
www.coral.org/

EngenderHealth - maternal health, HIV/AIDS and gender equity.
www.engenderhealth.org

FilmAid International - displaced communities 
www.filmaid.org/

Free Wheelchair Mission in developing nations.
www.freewheelchairmission.org/

Guide Dog Foundation
www.guidedog.org/

Helen Keller International
www.hki.org/

India Development and Relief Fund
www.idrf.org/

International Gay & Lesbian Human Rights Commission
www.iglhrc.org/

Marine Mammal Centre
www.marinemammalcenter.org/

-------
https://twitter.com/bctcoin
http://www.bctcoin.com/

is this bitcointalk's coin?

The coin name speak for itself. And it is the only alternative crypto currency devoted for BCT forum users and charitable institution around the world.

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
           ▄████▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▄
         ▄████████████████▄▄▄███████
       ▄█████████████████████████████
     ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████████▄
   ▄████████▀█▀███▀        ███████████
 ▄████████▀███             ███████████
▄███████▀████                ██████████▄
███████████▀                  ██████████
 ██████▄████                   ██████▄███
  ██████▄████                 ▄█████████
   ██████▄████              ▄██████████
    ██████▄█████▄▄▄▄▄     ▄████████▀
     ██████▄████████████▄████████▀█▀██▀
      ██████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀█▀██▀
       ██████████████████████▀█▀█▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
                      ▀██▀▀
─────────────────
Revolutionized.  ──

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
.WHITEPAPER.
ANN Thread
Reddit

█████
██
██ █
██ █
██ █
   █

─────────────  Join
SMARC token ICO

█████
   ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Hippie Tech
aka Amenstop
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1001

All cryptos are FIAT digital currency. Do not use.

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2014, 07:34:37 PM
Last edit: December 01, 2014, 02:37:18 AM by Hippie Tech

HT you deserve your own coin ... you're an institution unto yourself ... a charitable coin of course Smiley I kid ... you're the official inspector background checker, from now on.  Glad you've got an eye on things.

I'm not the one promoting obvious scams. YOU are. Shocked

Save the flattery for yourself.

DrGrid

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 30, 2014, 11:21:04 PM

This will never work as long as every single project has its own Crypto. Cryptos supporting altruistic goals has been nothing new since about 1 1/2 year now. Countless cryptos have been created to focus on one (in most cases) altruistic mission. Since they are so fractioned their overall impact is small. If the people supporting "Cause Coins" really want to unite they should abandon their own little game and instead join a more sophisticated projects. Crypto is actually very damaging when it comes to this, since most community members are now also invested into the coins they are supporting. You could see it as a do-good Ponzi scheme.  It takes some real courage to abandon your own project and set aside the egoistical goals it has bound yourself to.
I have made my decision for a larger project already, so I am biased towards a single crypto. However I call out to every rational thinker seeking to install this to break their decision down to:
1. The ethical coin with the most dedicated and active developer
2. The coin that has the highest market cap
3. The most advance technology
4. The most active community
5. Has been around the longest

Bitrated user: DrGrid.
Armis

Activity: 588
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 12:37:19 AM

This will never work as long as every single project has its own Crypto. Cryptos supporting altruistic goals has been nothing new since about 1 1/2 year now. Countless cryptos have been created to focus on one (in most cases) altruistic mission. Since they are so fractioned their overall impact is small. If the people supporting "Cause Coins" really want to unite they should abandon their own little game and instead join a more sophisticated projects. Crypto is actually very damaging when it comes to this, since most community members are now also invested into the coins they are supporting. You could see it as a do-good Ponzi scheme.  It takes some real courage to abandon your own project and set aside the egoistical goals it has bound yourself to.
I have made my decision for a larger project already, so I am biased towards a single crypto. However I call out to every rational thinker seeking to install this to break their decision down to:
5. Has been around the longest

You said: "This will never work as long as every single project has its own Crypto."  What is the "this" that you are talking about.   Working together?

You said: "Cryptos supporting altruistic goals has been nothing new since about 1 1/2 year now."  Nor does it need to be new.

You said: "Countless cryptos have been created to focus on one (in most cases) altruistic mission."  Countless?  I only know less than 10 cause-coins, how many can you name?
Whatever the number, my guess is it won't be 'countless'.

You said: " Since they are so fractioned their overall impact is small."   Given that there is very little overlap for the various cause coins, the only "overall" there is is caring, so from that perspective the cooperative impact is far greater than if there was only one cause-coin or no cause-coin at all.

You said: "If the people supporting "Cause Coins" really want to unite they should abandon their own little game and instead join a more sophisticated projects."  Specialized cause-coins are designed with a specific purpose in mind there are things one coin may do that another coin would never do but the two coins may have some things that they are willing to do for one anther at times.   

You said: "Crypto is actually very damaging when it comes to this, since most community members are now also invested into the coins they are supporting. You could see it as a do-good Ponzi scheme."  you need to do a lot more study about the various cause coins.  EMC2 is nothing like a Ponzi scheme.  

You said: "It takes some real courage to abandon your own project and set aside the egoistical goals it has bound yourself to."   Only you are asking people to abandon anything, and you appear to be doing it for no good reason.   No one needs to abandon their coin, just like no one needs to abandon any of their children in order to support any of the unique talents of the others.

You said: "I have made my decision for a larger project already, so I am biased towards a single crypto. However I call out to every rational thinker seeking to install this to break their decision down to:
5. Has been around the longest"

Whenever I'm told to focus on: 'the biggest', 'the oldest', 'the most experienced', 'the richest', 'the most populated', or even the most popular I'm reminded of Mt. Gox.
Because so many people wrongly thought that size, tenure, and worth should necessarily mean best the CC industry lost a 1/2 Billion dollars.

I take it that you support Gridcoin.  I like Gridcoin too, and I personally know that EMC2 reached out to Gridcoin on numerous occasions with actual projects that were appreciated by the Gridcoin community but NONE adopted by the Gridcoin leadership.   

On the Gridcoin website it indicates that they want to sponsor science fairs, it just so happens that EMC2 is open to sponsor science fairs.  So EMC2 said to Gridcoin let's co-sponsor many different science fairs around the world.  Gridcoin leadership said that Gridcoin was not ready yet.

As you have pointed out, Gridcoin has been around for over a year, has a high market cap, advanced technology, and active community you would think they would have an active foundation doing with very many donations under their belt, right?    EMC2 is about 1/2 the community size, 1/3 the age, 1/4 the technology, and 1/5 the market cap so you might think they would be far behind Gridcoin in doing donations.   However, EMC2 has made many donations to science and is vetting a new candidate right now -- you are welcome to join the vetting committee.

Each coin has their own plan for how they choose to operate, there is not one-plan-fit-all for cause-coins, each operates at their own pace, that should be respected.

DrGrid

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 10:48:19 AM

Thanks for your reply Armis, I really should take up a habit of posting longer and more into detail discursions to eliminate any dis-ambiguity. I am not attacking your decision to be committed to Einsteinium, I think these goals are noble and that your party has had some significant presence. Also my claims that Einsteinium is a Ponzi and that there are "Countless Cause Coins" was an exaggeration to convey my point. I did this to illustrate that a lot of people who claim to have these altruistic goals (I don't) have been misled into a scheme where they cannot move away from again.
Whenever I'm told to focus on: 'the biggest', 'the oldest', 'the most experienced', 'the richest', 'the most populated', or even the most popular I'm reminded of Mt. Gox.
Because so many people wrongly thought that size, tenure, and worth should necessarily mean best the CC industry lost a 1/2 Billion dollars.
I agree, this does sound very much like a call for a second MtGox. However, MtGox did have the biggest impact on the market at the time. Since we have established that capital gains and profits are only the secondary goals, newcomers should choose their coins according to the impact they could potentially have. The larger an organisation is the greater will its influence be, whether it is for the better, or worse.
I take it that you support Gridcoin.  I like Gridcoin too, and I personally know that EMC2 reached out to Gridcoin on numerous occasions with actual projects that were appreciated by the Gridcoin community but NONE adopted by the Gridcoin leadership.
Yes, EMC2 has reached out to Gridcoin and has received a positive response as well. The whole community is at the moment still dedicated to ensure that the improved, current protocol is water proof. Once that is done other goals can be taken into action. A lot has been planned already and is awaiting its release come its time. This will include outreach and support (also of a technical and educational nature) towards institutes, fellowships, universities, crowdfunding platforms and development funds.
As you have pointed out, Gridcoin has been around for over a year, has a high market cap, advanced technology, and active community you would think they would have an active foundation doing with very many donations under their belt, right?    EMC2 is about 1/2 the community size, 1/3 the age, 1/4 the technology, and 1/5 the market cap so you might think they would be far behind Gridcoin in doing donations.   However, EMC2 has made many donations to science and is vetting a new candidate right now -- you are welcome to join the vetting committee.
Thanks for the invite I will see what can be done Smiley .

I think the main critique I have is that a new cryptocurrency does not need to be created for every single outreach and interest group. Instead outreach could be done over Bitcoin and finally make use of all the great contracting and asset control tools that have been created for this purpose. The only purpose I see for this is to get people hooked on their specific scheme.

Bitrated user: DrGrid.
Armis

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 11:16:24 AM

You said: "The only purpose I see for this is to get people hooked on their specific scheme."

Bitcoin and over two hundred other coins were created long before EMC2, however it wasn't until EMC2 was created that EMC2 grant winners were recognized for their dedicated hard work by any cryptocurrency community.  

Make no mistake, World Aid Coin, and Aidbit are also CC communities (read The Einsteinium News at www.Einsteinium.biz) doing what they can for people outside of the CC community.

Getting people "hooked" on doing good, is good.  Support the coins that are doing things to make this world a better place.

In the coming days, weeks, and months EMC2 will be taking major steps to help more people in bigger ways to help more people in bigger ways.

If you know of a worthy cause and want some support contact us, we have multiple ways to provide assistance.

BitcoinNational
Legendary

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 04:49:23 PM
Last edit: December 03, 2014, 06:31:30 AM by BitcoinNational

Each coin has their own plan for how they choose to operate, there is not one-plan-fit-all for cause-coins, each operates at their own pace, that should be respected.

That boils down the intent here into a sentence.

Charities exist.  Crypto Coins exist.  

This tread is an attempt to see how to bring the two together.

How's this for a thought ...

People voluntarily building up organizations that do good (there's a word for that) that they can in turn own and thus govern.

----

I welcome any and every coin.  My objective is to find out how to make ideas a reality, and create a resource for best practices (based on real world experience) for everyone, and simplify the framework/blueprints for the up starts.  A side benefit is that charity coins can sometimes work together on a particular project.

----
@DrGrid

You are attempting to make sure the "improved, current [Grid] protocol is water proof"

This is what we need to share.  What kind of protocols work, and which ones do not work.  Please continue on this line of insight.    

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
                      ▀██▀▀
─────────────────
Revolutionized.  ──

.WHITEPAPER.
ANN Thread
Reddit

█████
██
██ █
██ █
██ █
   █

─────────────  Join
SMARC token ICO

█████
   ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █
ivanlabrie

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 05, 2014, 04:10:11 PM

Excellent idea, we at x-children are close to send our airdrop for the children in the war zone in Gaza.
The donations will go to Save the children, paid in Euros.
Right now, mining child isn't really profitable but we need to maintain the chain active.
I was considering adding merge mining, and think maybe we can implement something with your team.
We also want to collect more donations, since the btc value is affecting our exchange rate negatively, and the donation funds took a big hit since launch.
Feel free to contact me via PM.
Kind regards,
ivanlabrie.
Armis

View Profile
December 05, 2014, 05:16:50 PM

Excellent idea, we at x-children are close to send our airdrop for the children in the war zone in Gaza.
Right now, mining child isn't really profitable but we need to maintain the chain active.
I was considering adding merge mining, and think maybe we can implement something with your team.
We also want to collect more donations, since the btc value is affecting our exchange rate negatively, and the donation funds took a big hit since launch.
Kind regards,
ivanlabrie.

sure I'll follow up with you
BitcoinNational
Legendary

View Profile
December 05, 2014, 07:54:21 PM

@ivanlabrie ... hello.

Good Point:
merge mining ... uno is investigating this feature ... and for pure charity coins merging might be the difference from unstable/unsafe to viable/secure.  Also EMC2 is testing the stakes solution.   

This should be part of the agenda, finding solutions and credible devs for stabilizing low hash networks.

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
                      ▀██▀▀
─────────────────
Revolutionized.  ──

.WHITEPAPER.
ANN Thread
Reddit

█████
██
██ █
██ █
██ █
   █

─────────────  Join
SMARC token ICO

█████
   ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █
Hippie Tech
aka Amenstop
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2014, 03:09:30 AM

Kind regards,
ivanlabrie.

What is up with the ongoing delay ?

Why do you insist on giving to a charity known for being a CIA front operation ? (Even if it wasn't, 80% of the money goes to the fat assess running it.)

Why did Billy/Enrico use coins from his personal stash to cover the airdrop sent to the person doing the escrow ? (tip : next time.. use coin control. Wink )

Quote from: Bitcoin Forum
A reply of yours, quoted below, was deleted by the starter of a self-moderated topic. There are no rules of self-moderation, so this deletion cannot be appealed. Do not continue posting in this topic if the topic-starter has requested that you leave.

You can create a new topic if you are unsatisfied with this one. If the topic-starter is scamming, post about it in Scam Accusations.

The insiders are primed for the dump people ! 4 of the top 10 rich list addys are controlled by one or two people. DO NOT fall for this scam !

Why have they yet to explain these irregular donation addy entries ? eg. we should be seeing pairs of txs for each block found...

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=754195.msg8907295#msg8907295

Why are the coins from the original donation addy still sitting there ? Did Billy/Henry/Enrico/X mistakenly use the wrong wallet for the escrow TX ?
http://blockexperts.com/child/address/CejuLjQkhRwmtt1yhiD1MTagbTTcJnaZGk

39899 CHILD originated from this address. Which btw, stiffed the miners by not paying a fee for either TX. BOOO !

http://blockexperts.com/child/address/CNb4B7yxZLacfM8TmndjMcvdf16tEbmvyQ

If you had kept your word and sold the airdrop as it was initially planned (2 months ago !), the charity would have recieved 40x the amount it would today. Instead we see you groveling over at the VERT thread..

ivanlabrie

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 03:16:56 AM
Last edit: December 07, 2014, 04:07:44 AM by ivanlabrie

Hippie tech: Do you have any personal agenda towards our project?
I can't see anything productive coming from this type of accusation, I'll try my best to address your concerns, but I've already had to face these attacks before, and they are not justified.

What is the problem with the donation address?
The main pool sent 40% of the mined coins to the donation address we originally had in the OP.
We then transferred those coins to the escrow address.
If Enrico had the same amount and transferred them from his address, or not, it's the same thing, the end result is absolutely the same, and I don't see any harm in him or anyone buying, mining, or holding coins.
As part of the team, we like to think the project will succeed, since our intentions are good, and this being our first crypto coin, we invested in it, by renting mining rigs and buying what the miners recklessly dumped.

Where did we go wrong?

Another thing, we'd like to clear things up regarding Billy Berlusconi. He is NOT Enrico. Enrico is the person who controls the x-labs account here, and he was one of the persons who came up with the idea of CHILD, as well as an active supporter since day one.
I recall you confusing him with Billy in one of your posts in our main thread, but besides that not being relevant, it's simply not true.
We have nothing to hide, we posted proof of our intentions and connections as well as our identities.

As for the airdrop, we announced we would do it by the 11th, and we will.
By any chance, have you donated any coins or sent money to any charity? (or helped people in need personally?)
That's what we set out to do, so I really don't understand why someone would focus on attacking such a project.

The biggest holders are some of us, but also other supportes who believed in the cause, and/or maybe thought this coin would attract buyers based on its real world value and significance.
Those people can't sell at a loss, so you see them holding coins. Me and the rest of the team have coins, and it's simply the normal thing to do, to believe in your projects or enterprises, and invest time and money in it.
It's a rough time for cryptos, with BTC dropping continually and the host of scams this community had to suffer.
I hope you reconsider your stance, since we didn't give anyone reason to believe we weren't legit in our view.

Hippie tech: do you have any ideas on how to improve our project, or how to make a joint effort to help those in need through cryptos?
That's the reason this thread was created, and we intend to work towards that goal, giving cryptos a purpose other than enriching the scammers and making the bigger fool go broke.
smalltimer

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 07:10:55 AM

ivan, your coin is shit. The name is shit, the organisation is shit. You deleted hippietech from your thread and called him mentally ill and now you act as if you're the nice guy because you can't delete him in this thread.
What a hypocrite shit your posts are.
ivanlabrie

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 04:28:37 PM

ivan, your coin is shit. The name is shit, the organisation is shit. You deleted hippietech from your thread and called him mentally ill and now you act as if you're the nice guy because you can't delete him in this thread.
What a hypocrite shit your posts are.

Thanks for the friendly remarks.
Hippie tech's accusations make no sense, and your attack out of nowhere doesn't speak highly of you either.
I believe people have an agenda against our coin, simply because it's not the usual whale backed scam.
Do you have anything productive to say?
If not, I'd say 'you're shit' more accurately reflects yourself.
selling tinfoil hats

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 04:48:25 PM

I believe people have an agenda against our coin

http://www.forumgarden.com/forums/attachments/just-fun/26008d1235272894-nomad-left-his-tinfoil-hat-behind-dapperfront.jpg

0.1 btc only today
ivanlabrie

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 05:54:42 PM

Then why the hate? Got nothing else to do?
...get lost.
Hippie Tech
aka Amenstop
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2014, 06:17:28 AM

Had you or Billy/Enrico responded properly and honestly to our concerns, we wouldn't be here hounding you as we are today.

When I asked about the irregular/ odd donation addy blockchain explorer entries, Billy/Enrico/x-laboratories chose to refer to me as an "average Joe".
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=754195.msg8909143#msg8909143

Then on the following post, I was labelled a fellon. Shocked
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=754195.msg8909162#msg8909162

Soon after, I became an ape, thanks to my revelation about Billy's identity conflict(s).
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=754195.msg8913268#msg8913268

If Billy and Enrico are two seperate individuals, why did you, ivanlabrie claim, "Billy is a nickname" ?
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=754195.msg8913252#msg8913252

Btw.. I turned down Armis' very recent offer to become an EMC2 Vetting Committe board member. You should go take that spot and go VET YOURSELF.. and Billy/Enrico ... Roll Eyes

ivanlabrie

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 01:52:09 PM

Had you or Billy/Enrico responded properly and honestly to our concerns, we wouldn't be here hounding you as we are today.

When I asked about the irregular/ odd donation addy blockchain explorer entries, Billy/Enrico/x-laboratories chose to refer to me as an "average Joe".
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=754195.msg8909143#msg8909143

Then on the following post, I was labelled a fellon. Shocked
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=754195.msg8909162#msg8909162

Soon after, I became an ape, thanks to my revelation about Billy's identity conflict(s).
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=754195.msg8913268#msg8913268

If Billy and Enrico are two seperate individuals, why did you, ivanlabrie claim, "Billy is a nickname" ?
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=754195.msg8913252#msg8913252

Btw.. I turned down Armis' very recent offer to become an EMC2 Vetting Committe board member. You should go take that spot and go VET YOURSELF.. and Billy/Enrico ... Roll Eyes

You know how these italian guys can react eh?
Your attacks didn't make much sense to us, and offended us, since we put so much work into making a coin that set out to do some good for a change. We could have done a random scamcoin and made more money instead...
In all seriousness, I'll address your points:

-Billy is a nickname for Berlusconi's nephew, that's what I meant. You can check out the sources I posted, where his identity and link to x-children is confirmed (in italian media, actual newspapers, and even television!).

-Enrico is the x-laboratories acct owner here, Billy doesn't have a bitcointalk account. He worked with him to create the currency, and invested money in the official pool rented hashpower (the one which donated 40% of the funds).

Clearly it was all a misunderstanding...About the transactions, we just let the pool send 40% of the coins to that address, and even sent some manually from our wallets. I don't see what the problem is/was regarding that.

Anything else?
Armis

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 02:37:57 PM

ivanlabrie, I think you have responsibly addressed many of Hippie's misplaced concerns.  Perhaps it is best to simply move forward with examples of projects you have worked on or successfully completed, no need to dwell on negativity.
ivanlabrie

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 03:23:43 PM

ivanlabrie, I think you have responsibly addressed many of Hippie's misplaced concerns.  Perhaps it is best to simply move forward with examples of projects you have worked on or successfully completed, no need to dwell on negativity.

I agree, just wanted to get that out of the way...I don't have a personal problem with him, so let's move on and stop derailing the thread.

Hippie tech: feel free to pm me or post in the x-children thread.

Let's kick this off with the merged mining idea and ways to work together with important charity and research projects.

We can:

a-Create a network of cause-coins, maybe a descentralized asset in the NXT, BTS and Qora networks?
b-Make said network a merged mineable joint effort, to keep the networks safe, or just go for a fork of some kind to get rid of mining altogether and incentivize holding. I was thinking of some form of carry trade, that'd be new in this field. We can have interest being paid to holders on some coins, and low interest for borrowing other coins. This would imply some form of exchange that allows one to borrow margin for trading. Altcoin margin trading would be something exciting, and definitely new.

Thoughts?
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: