Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 05:26:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Notice:: PROJECT X, Come Join the Movement  (Read 12512 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
barwizi (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 11:52:15 AM

How to get your Coins
--------------------------

type dumpprivkey "insertyouraddresshere" and copy the result.

Then in the XUC wallet

HELP--> DEBUG WINDOW --> CONSOLE

type importprivkey "yourprivatekeyhere",

Why do not use signmessage?
signmessage <CoinAddress> <message>
Sign a message with the private key of an address

You can prove ownership of an address using signmessage yes...but how will you redeem them?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
picchio
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1120

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 11:56:49 AM

How to get your Coins

Then in the XUC wallet

You can prove ownership of an address using signmessage yes...but how will you redeem them?
Little english ... sorry,
if I understand, you can sign a message that assign coin to new one in your coin with new private key and new address.

Waves mi piaceva ora non più.
barwizi (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 12:08:41 PM

How to get your Coins

Then in the XUC wallet

Little english ... sorry,
if I understand, you can sign a message that assign coin to new one in your coin with new private key and new address.

You are talking about Ownership, i am saying that you cannot use sign message to redeem your coins.
ethought
Legendary

Activity: 1316

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 01:09:03 PM

I don't know if this has been said or not. Tired, long day and don't want to read every sentence.

1) Snapshot is taken.
2) Move your coins to another wallet.
3) Use private keys from original wallet that had your coins during the snapshot.

Problem solved.  Wink

Yeah I already figured out that this was a decent solution however I am unclear whether or not every address is being implemented from all included coins because having to do something like that poses its own problems not to mention the inconvience of having to move coins that would otherwise receive PoS and now resetting your coin age

You wouldn't be moving coins by inputing your private key into his wallet.  You'd be showing him that you own the coins and you'd also be exposing those coins to security risks.  You could move your coins to a new wallet after the snapshot, yes.  But when the snapshot is taken would be decided by barwizi or his people while they potentially control your keys thru their software.  This leaves enough time for your keys to be exposed and your coins to be stolen.  If the pillage process is automated then it only takes a few seconds.

Problem NOT solved.  Wink

Problem is solved.

1. Snapshot is taken of your BTC address XYZ with 100BTC balance
2. Move your BTC to new address ABC from XYZ -> essentially moving any coins from your original private key to new private key.
3. Input your private key from bitcoin wallet for XYZ (which now has 0 balance) into project X wallet.

That way even if the project x wallet has bad intentions (which I don't believe it would) by the time you input your original XYZ private key there would be no balance to steal anyway.

Totally fail safe. Just quite a hassle to move all your coins from all the various wallets to new private keys after the snapshot....

barwizi (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 01:12:02 PM

I don't know if this has been said or not. Tired, long day and don't want to read every sentence.

1) Snapshot is taken.
3) Use private keys from original wallet that had your coins during the snapshot.

Problem solved.  Wink

Yeah I already figured out that this was a decent solution however I am unclear whether or not every address is being implemented from all included coins because having to do something like that poses its own problems not to mention the inconvience of having to move coins that would otherwise receive PoS and now resetting your coin age

You wouldn't be moving coins by inputing your private key into his wallet.  You'd be showing him that you own the coins and you'd also be exposing those coins to security risks.  You could move your coins to a new wallet after the snapshot, yes.  But when the snapshot is taken would be decided by barwizi or his people while they potentially control your keys thru their software.  This leaves enough time for your keys to be exposed and your coins to be stolen.  If the pillage process is automated then it only takes a few seconds.

Problem is solved.

2. Move your BTC to new address ABC from XYZ -> essentially moving any coins from your original private key to new private key.
3. Input your private key from bitcoin wallet for XYZ (which now has 0 balance) into project X wallet.

That way even if the project x wallet has bad intentions (which I don't believe it would) by the time you input your original XYZ private key there would be no balance to steal anyway.

Totally fail safe. Just quite a hassle to move all your coins from all the various wallets to new private keys after the snapshot....

Thanks

For the issue you raise, i guess it's up to the user to decide if they want all their coins Smiley
ethought
Legendary

Activity: 1316

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 01:19:16 PM

The only issue I have is how the list of coins are selected.

To make this truly all encompassing wouldn't you need to add quite a large percentage, if not all, of the 1000+ coins already in existence?

Can anyone suggest coins they would like to add?

barwizi (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 01:27:15 PM

The only issue I have is how the list of coins are selected.

To make this truly all encompassing wouldn't you need to add quite a large percentage, if not all, of the 1000+ coins already in existence?

Can anyone suggest coins they would like to add?

Yes, all are welcome, the one main limitation is that it needs to be traded, that way valuing it is easier. Do you have any coins in mind?

That is also another issue i am struggling with, how to value it based on BTC with ending up giving more than half the coins to BTC.

I think i may end up just valuing based on BTC then not map BTC balances, this will effectively mean its an alts only alt.

edit: i am hoping we'll only need to add a max of 200 , hopefully anyone and everyone involved with cryptos will be able to claim some
gjhiggins
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1278

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2014, 01:32:17 PM

Problem is solved.

Exactly the instructions that accompanied the CLAMS launch: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=623147.0

If you had a non-zero balance in a BTC/LTC/DOGE wallet earlier this year there may be CLAMS awaiting you. You then have the opportunity to trial the process with a coin of known integrity and satisfy yourself that the process works as described.

Just a thought.

Cheers

Graham
barwizi (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 02:06:49 PM

Problem is solved.

Exactly the instructions that accompanied the CLAMS launch: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=623147.0

If you had a non-zero balance in a BTC/LTC/DOGE wallet earlier this year there may be CLAMS awaiting you. You then have the opportunity to trial the process with a coin of known integrity and satisfy yourself that the process works as described.

Just a thought.

Cheers

Graham

Yes there are lots of examples of this method being used successfully.
barwizi (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 02:09:25 PM

in order to make the snapshot process fast an painless, i am already download all accepted blockchains, creating relevant databases and writing the update scripts, meaning on the actual snapshot date, it will take less than 10 minutes to get all the data.
gjhiggins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2014, 02:16:53 PM

Oooh, can I bug you for a list off've the top of your head? (or anyone).

I'm keen to update the relevant DOACC entries to accurately record the distribution scheme.

Cheers

Graham
barwizi (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 02:39:56 PM

I'm keen to update the relevant DOACC entries to accurately record the distribution scheme.

Cheers

Graham

NRS - NoirShares

BTSX - BitSharesX

MMC 2.0  Memorycoin

Clams

Lotto shares

ADT
gjhiggins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2014, 02:46:22 PM

NRS - NoirShares
BTSX - BitSharesX
MMC 2.0  Memorycoin
Clams
Lotto shares
ADT

That's most useful, many thanks for taking the time to respond.

Cheers

Graham
biophil

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 03:47:34 PM

Giving up private keys for multiple coins to one untrusted source?   Shocked

Just transfer all your funds to a new address before you import your key, and then make sure you never use that private key again.

BTS account name: zebulon
Sirius: ShgFrdAQye6adoxq1ucqRfuG5aCcMvxr2T
JakeThePanda

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 04:25:53 PM

How much of the 1% pre-mine will go to the General Fund of Noir Group?
Majormax
Legendary

Activity: 2534
Merit: 1129

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2014, 04:34:44 PM

1) Snapshot is taken.

Problem solved.  Wink

Problem is solved.

Thanks

For the issue you raise, i guess it's up to the user to decide if they want all their coins Smiley

Of course its a snapshot  at a selected date. The date needs to be set for each coin, or globally.

How many coins are you intending to incorporate ?  There are scores of big communities (by length of BTCtalk thread) where the coins have low market cap.
barwizi (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 04:36:36 PM

How much of the 1% pre-mine will go to the General Fund of Noir Group?

Probably a good share, why?

edit: maybe half or more depending
mitache365

Activity: 731
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 05:41:21 PM

lol another scam by barwizi  Cool

BTC
barwizi (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 05:43:05 PM

lol another scam by barwizi  Cool

Yes, He's given away free coins!!! It just has to be a scam !!  Roll Eyes
SuperClam

Activity: 784
Merit: 1002

CLAM Developer

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2014, 05:47:05 PM

Great Idea  Grin Grin Grin Grin

So great, in fact, that we implemented it back in MAY Smiley
CLAMS -> Proof-of-Chain
Our code has already been vetted  Cheesy

Glad to have another Proof-Of-Chain coin aboard.

For God's sake, please be respectful and trustworthy of your users information.

For those interested, CLAMS distributed to every single address on the BTC, LTC, DOGE block chains in the middle of May.
Distributions were not based on balance, but instead evenly disbursed.

If you owned BTC, LTC, DOGE in the middle of May, you already own CLAMS.
You can claim from within the wallet via the convenient "Import Wallet" dialog.

In addition, the network is 100% PoS through a fair non-interest based Lottery.
The size of your pile does NOT decide the size of the stake reward.

Cheers from the CLAMS team Grin Grin Grin

Any questions and please feel free to come say hello in freenode IRC @ #clams http://www.clamclient.com/irc/

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=623147
Proof-Of-Chain, 100% Distributed BEFORE Launch.
Everyone who owned BTC, LTC, or DOGE at launch got free CLAMS.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: