Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 04:55:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Notice:: PROJECT X, Come Join the Movement  (Read 12512 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Majormax
Legendary

Activity: 2534
Merit: 1129

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2014, 03:11:37 PM

1) Limited redeem time

I like this idea cause it give everyone else less possibility to claim and it increases your total % in reality while keeping it low on paper!

LOL, yup gives the scammer more coins while having the appearance of legitimacy. Cheesy

Have you checked the code on this project ?

Sorry I wouldn't invest with madoff no matter how great the perspective! My time is worth just enough I will post in here to warn people.

Dismiss out of hand with no research, and no thought. Good strategy.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3808
Merit: 4897

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 12:03:47 AM

1) Limited redeem time

I like this idea cause it give everyone else less possibility to claim and it increases your total % in reality while keeping it low on paper!

LOL, yup gives the scammer more coins while having the appearance of legitimacy. Cheesy

Have you checked the code on this project ?

Sorry I wouldn't invest with madoff no matter how great the perspective! My time is worth just enough I will post in here to warn people.

Dismiss out of hand with no research, and no thought. Good strategy.

I know rite! I've never been scammed. Smiley

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
barwizi (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 03:01:01 AM

I now have daily snapshots of 78 coins

Is there a list of which coins you have snapshots of and the dates you took them of?

Yes :  A regular update post with the full list of coins would help you to generate interest in this thread. List the coins with their abbreviations (tickers) as well as full names.  Snapshot dates for each blockchain , and extra detail can be added later.

I will do this asap, havent had much time the past two days.
Majormax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2014, 05:53:41 PM

LOL .. Experienced traders know what that means.
Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 08:02:24 PM

Actually If you had read my posts that were deleted I asked the OP to refute the thread calling him a scammer (I.E. research). rather than doing so he continually deleted my posts asking for such. therefore I have concluded he is in fact a scammer. Pretty simple logic. Even if he is not his actions are to shady to ignore. As I said I have never been scammed. I do do my due diligence. Wink

I know it's pretty tough for someone like you to come in late in a thread that has been selectively pruned and form a informed position. So I wasted my time with this post and we will see if it gets deleted. Seems the op gave up trying to delete so that is a good thing. May save some people their hard earned cash.

PMing this just in case it disappears.

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
barwizi (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 09:14:12 PM

Actually If you had read my posts that were deleted I asked the OP to refute the thread calling him a scammer (I.E. research). rather than doing so he continually deleted my posts asking for such. therefore I have concluded he is in fact a scammer. Pretty simple logic. Even if he is not his actions are to shady to ignore. As I said I have never been scammed. I do do my due diligence. Wink

I know it's pretty tough for someone like you to come in late in a thread that has been selectively pruned and form a informed position. So I wasted my time with this post and we will see if it gets deleted. Seems the op gave up trying to delete so that is a good thing. May save some people their hard earned cash.

You'll note that i did refute it with documented proof, however you seem to ignore that completely, which makes your statements false.
Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 10:13:12 PM

You'll note that i did refute it with documented proof, however you seem to ignore that completely, which makes your statements false.

You must have done that after deleting all the posts to that thread. Maybe if you quoted me or one of the other posts and linked to your rebuttal it might have gotten read. And if you had done that rather than just deleting every post the link spam would have stopped. And possibly the scammer accusations as well.

Now why don't you link to your rebuttal and I (and I'm sure others) will read it.

barwizi (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 11:16:22 PM

You must have done that after deleting all the posts to that thread. Maybe if you quoted me or one of the other posts and linked to your rebuttal it might have gotten read. And if you had done that rather than just deleting every post the link spam would have stopped. And possibly the scammer accusations as well.

Now why don't you link to your rebuttal and I (and I'm sure others) will read it.

It's in the NoirShares thread where it belongs, and i wont apologize for deleting stuff that does not belong here, similarly they made at least 5 threads on the matter, was i to now patrol the forum looking for those threads? I responded In the NRS thread and people independently verified what i said, some agreed some did not. Either way, this thread is for XUC and posts not relating to it are just not welcome, i dont like moderating and you'll notice that some people i did moderate, i sent PMs telling them why i deleted their posts.

Let's stay on track in this thread and if you have questions about the accusations and my response, it's all there https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=770744.0

that is thread with the people i am answerable to.
Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 11:26:22 PM

It's in the NoirShares thread where it belongs, and i wont apologize for deleting stuff that does not belong here, similarly they made at least 5 threads on the matter, was i to now patrol the forum looking for those threads? I responded In the NRS thread and people independently verified what i said, some agreed some did not. Either way, this thread is for XUC and posts not relating to it are just not welcome, i dont like moderating and you'll notice that some people i did moderate, i sent PMs telling them why i deleted their posts.

Let's stay on track in this thread and if you have questions about the accusations and my response, it's all there https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=770744.0

that is thread with the people i am answerable to.

So I ask for a link to your rebuttal and you point me to a thread with 27 pages? WTF! Looks like you don't have a rebuttal and are just trying to act as if you do. And you never responded nor pm'd me when you deleted my simple request for a rebuttal.

Which I am STILL waiting on!

Magic8Ball
Legendary

Activity: 1050

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 01:39:26 AM

This is actually just a new coin with 1% premine which airdrops on some of the existing coins in various ratios. Unless the scheme is such that the original coins have to be burned to get the new ones I do not see much future. All the successful chains will just continue running as usual and they will see as some free coins to sell.

Quite true. I have been thinking of ways to make it interesting and so far i am considering

1) Limited redeem time
2) anti- PoS , ie when coins reach "stake age" they actually reduce instead of increasing
3) Live reactive minting, is instead of a set PoW reward, it actually fluctuates based on multiple variables such as as
  i) Tx volume
 ii) Mint volume
 iii) (maybe a external feed) either real world indices or from exchanges, likely the first as they are less likely to be manipulated.

Burning is the only way to go, it will make sure that all those who get it are actually committed. Its just free coins otherwise.

Project is somewhat interesting, but I think its too immature and this version will not be anything. Will still keep an eye out to see how it fares.
barwizi (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 01:43:53 AM

This is actually just a new coin with 1% premine which airdrops on some of the existing coins in various ratios. Unless the scheme is such that the original coins have to be burned to get the new ones I do not see much future. All the successful chains will just continue running as usual and they will see as some free coins to sell.

Quite true. I have been thinking of ways to make it interesting and so far i am considering

1) Limited redeem time
2) anti- PoS , ie when coins reach "stake age" they actually reduce instead of increasing
3) Live reactive minting, is instead of a set PoW reward, it actually fluctuates based on multiple variables such as as
  i) Tx volume
 ii) Mint volume
 iii) (maybe a external feed) either real world indices or from exchanges, likely the first as they are less likely to be manipulated.

Burning is the only way to go, it will make sure that all those who get it are actually committed. Its just free coins otherwise.

Project is somewhat interesting, but I think its too immature and this version will not be anything. Will still keep an eye out to see how it fares.

Convincing people to burn is a huge hurdle and you are right, this is an immature idea, but it takes shape everyday as i get feedbck from community members and the occasional dev says a word or two.

for now i have focused my energy on getting all the necessary snapshots and mapping them, once that is done i can start tinkering with all the ideas that have passed through since most are modifications to tx behavior.
Wh1teKn1ght

Activity: 339
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 04:44:14 AM

can you add AsiaCoin to the list of coins? https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=595999.0

and FlutterCoin?: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=752630.0
barwizi (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 07:44:20 PM

I will post on 1 September a list of coins and update everyday, it will be available in the OP.
barwizi (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 01:02:53 AM

Cheesy

I think the whole balances issue has been exhausted. Your security concerns have all been addressed even by people not related to this project.
You keep repeating the same thing that has at least 3 or 4 answers not even by me, even from a proven project that used the same method. Your arguments are flawed in that they are based in hypotheticals and what ifs. If you have genuine concern , you are free to peruse the OPEN source code at will in a few days.

I deleted URSAY's post by mistake, but this will be my position from now on, seeing as you are free to partake or to not. the repeated posting of questions already answered just clutters the thread. However if you have a genuine security concern that has not been addressed yet then i am all ears.
barwizi (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 08:12:13 AM

Animecoin, XLC , Carboncoin , Megacoin , karmacoin

added to list, for full proposed list of coins see the first post.

Additionally, the snapshot period has been increased from a few hours to the whole day on the 15th. Some of the coins have some serious problems and i am not sure if the developers are aware, i left my server running daemons for three days onbly to find that some of them had not synced, stuck at some block or the other. the issue most prevalent in the quick investigation i did was HUGE forking issues some coins had as many as 4 forks and syncing was impossible as it would keep jumping between chains.

If there are coins i cannot sync automatically, i will not waste time, i will simply make a community request for a copy of the blockchain. As i am working on this alone, please be patient if i dont respond immediately to coin requests..
Majormax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2014, 10:45:01 AM

I will post on 1 September a list of coins and update everyday, it will be available in the OP.

1st October ? 

This is a large project and a lot of developers and resources would be needed to get it off the ground.

Why ?

Because the only really viable way forward is to burn dormant altcoins to get the new coin. The new coin would need to be very attractive to do that, and therefore would need serious backers. However, I can forsee serious rewards for success.

The 1% premine would be a mistake, because it would send the wrong message and poison the whole project.

With respect, I don't think it's viable without a big team and resources, but it's a great idea.
gjhiggins
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1278

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2014, 02:17:35 PM

for full proposed list of coins see the first post.

I processed and sorted the list, removing several duplicates and resolving some apparent ambiguities. If further additions could be appended to the list in the first post, that would help me keep this post up to date.

For convenience, I've added hyperlinks from the coin name to either a bcttalk thread or a cctalk thread.

I've also created a hyperlink from the trading symbol to the corresponding (public, unique) DOACC entry (in order to keep the posting size inside the limit, the DOACC link is frustratingly but necessarily mediated via a more concise Minkiz db id).

“No row was found for one() ['Ncoin', 'NX']” <- this one defeated me, any hints?

HTH

Cheers

Graham
barwizi (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 03:50:06 PM

1st October ?  

This is a large project and a lot of developers and resources would be needed to get it off the ground.

Why ?

Because the only really viable way forward is to burn dormant altcoins to get the new coin. The new coin would need to be very attractive to do that, and therefore would need serious backers. However, I can forsee serious rewards for success.

The 1% premine would be a mistake, because it would send the wrong message and poison the whole project.

With respect, I don't think it's viable without a big team and resources, but it's a great idea.

Thanks for the correction and i do agree with your points, completely. However the one thing devs seem to all agree to on this forum, is a  policy of non-cooperation. The few that did or tried to, ended up with a much larger mess.

I wont set lofty goals for this project as my skills have a limit, just like my free time.

I can do the following

1) Create a sane blockchain
2) Map all balances at appropriate rates
3) Implement a few changes (maybe 2 or all three previously mentioned)

As for the 1 % premine, as you said, this is a huge project....what then is my incentive to put in all that work?

Burning is a great idea to peg/force a value, however, not many people would participate short of the devs stating that the mapping is effectively a chainswap and the old chain is now invalid (fat chance)

Secondly, that option limits the coins that can be used since some of ones with active users are far from dormant. Also keep in mind that a lot of people simply are unwilling to part with their coins as they find it hard to swallow that their coins are dying. They'll resist hoping for a miracle...lol. Also this will mean only burned coins from that blockchain will count. But in order to make things interesting and provide what little incentive i can guarantee, i will make a proposal. Note, this proposal can be made a necessity for certain coins as i am getting complaints about some of their backgrounds.

I invite devs and or communities of dormant/dying coins to burn their coins and accept this as an effective chainswap.

The most immediate advantage to doing so is that the coins price snapshot will be doubled, effectively giving you more for your coins than you would get by sticking to the dead/dying chain. This offers a way out for the community and for the dev if he/she is failing to maintain or innovate for the chain.

Should the community or dev approach me here publicly, that would be most ideal.  
barwizi (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 03:51:49 PM

for full proposed list of coins see the first post.

I processed and sorted the list, removing several duplicates and resolving some apparent ambiguities. If further additions could be appended to the list in the first post, that would help me keep this post up to date.

For convenience, I've added hyperlinks from the coin name to either a bcttalk thread or a cctalk thread.

I've also created a hyperlink from the trading symbol to the corresponding (public, unique) DOACC entry (in order to keep the posting size inside the limit, the DOACC link is frustratingly but necessarily mediated via a more concise Minkiz db id).

“No row was found for one() ['Ncoin', 'NX']” <- this one defeated me, any hints?

HTH

Cheers

Graham

WOW, great work, thank you very much!!! Please check your PM.
salsacz

Activity: 490
Merit: 504

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 04:20:35 PM

you added NTX but didn't add NXT?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: