Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 12:19:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [2014-09-21] cryptocoinsnews: Great Firewall of China Blocks Bitcointalk.org  (Read 1652 times)
LiteCoinGuy (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2014, 06:47:31 PM
Last edit: September 22, 2014, 05:10:46 PM by LiteCoinGuy

Great Firewall of China Blocks Bitcointalk.org

http://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/great-firewall-of-china-blocks-bitcointalk-org/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
notthematrix
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 08:04:09 PM

34% of Chinese using anonymity tools

The Chinese government reportedly employs as many as 2 million "internet analysts" to review and block content deemed politically or commercially inappropriate, yet GWI research estimates that 34% of the country's online population disguise their online location so that they can bypass such filters.

Of those that use VPN or proxies, 60% say they do so to access Google's YouTube video site, and 55% said they use it to access Facebook and Twitter.

http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2014/jan/21/privacy-tools-censorship-online-anonymity-tools

this is only a problem for westren naive people.

██████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
.♦♦♦.XSL Labs.♦♦♦.
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
██████
|  WHITEPAPER 
  AUDIO WP
|Confidentiality
Authenticity
Integrity
H.W.Z

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 03:12:20 AM

The Internet should be free and equal, contents in the internet should be sharing between every individual in the global. I don't know why the gov is censoring everything in Internet and block the access to anything claimed to be bad to them.

Namiks

Activity: 292
Merit: 252

I miss when crypto was about decentralisation.

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 06:08:33 AM

The Internet should be free and equal, contents in the internet should be sharing between every individual in the global. I don't know why the gov is censoring everything in Internet and block the access to anything claimed to be bad to them.

I agree, it's frustrating how the internet is censored despite being so useful in our day and age.

Hopefully in the near future we'll see a free and open Internet for everyone, without the use of tools to bypass restrictions.

Crypto was created to liberate the individual. Decentralisation matters.
nwfella
Legendary

Activity: 1582

Well hello there!

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 06:30:54 AM

I'm really beginning to wonder how much this Chinese hot for bitcoin cold for bitcoin cycle is as a result of China's gold hoarding.  Isn't it curious that they went from red-hot (touting on government controlled airwaves, etc.) to ice cold back when BTC nearly touched the price of gold?  (not counting Mt.Gox obviously)

I suspect there are far too many savvy Chinese fella's for this ban to be very effective honestly.  Heck, my 12 year old nephew could probably circumvent they're firewall so I doubt it will keep the more determined Chinese citizens away from bitcointalk for very long (if at all).

¯¯̿̿¯̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿̿)͇̿̿)̿̿̿̿ '̿̿̿̿̿̿\̵͇̿̿\=(•̪̀●́)=o/̵͇̿̿/'̿̿ ̿ ̿̿

Gimme the crypto!!
o_o

Activity: 132
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 08:08:22 AM

IMHO China's ruling party is already known to be fans of censorship, they already shown they don't like BTC so blocking the biggest btc community is to be expected. Not like tor can't fix that though.
notthematrix
Legendary

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 10:04:42 AM

IMHO China's ruling party is already known to be fans of censorship, they already shown they don't like BTC so blocking the biggest btc community is to be expected. Not like tor can't fix that though.

cencorship does noet word , we can blah blah about how it should be , but reality is this cencoship.
and reality is that more then 1/3 rd of chineese population bypass this on a daily bases by VPN with random noise plugin.
this trick will make white randomness of the data making it having no pattern at all for the GFW , same tricks work here in euroe to make the data private and useless for monitoring , so the message here is wise up , or die.
tech will simply bypass gov , making control systems obsolete , so my message is accept the situation but bypass the restrictions to obsolete the old system.

██████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
.♦♦♦.XSL Labs.♦♦♦.
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
██████
|  WHITEPAPER 
  AUDIO WP
|Confidentiality
Authenticity
Integrity
Dr. Pepper

Activity: 172

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 12:19:29 PM

I was just thinking what actually is the point in them censoring stuff. Quite clearly it doesn't work and makes them look like a joke and running a oppressive regime.

notthematrix
Legendary

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 12:23:36 PM

I was just thinking what actually is the point in them censoring stuff. Quite clearly it doesn't work and makes them look like a joke and running a oppressive regime.

The point is that it keeps people happy...
do you have a wife or girlfriend?Huh
or a littele kid? mother? , mother in law?
if so you will understand Smiley

██████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
.♦♦♦.XSL Labs.♦♦♦.
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
██████
|  WHITEPAPER 
  AUDIO WP
|Confidentiality
Authenticity
Integrity
Clegg

Activity: 176

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 12:40:22 PM

This really is a pathetic move by their government. Doing this sort of stuff just beckons a revolution eventually.

I don't understand. Blocking bitcoin benefits wifes, girlfriends, kids how exactly?
notthematrix
Legendary

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 01:33:36 PM

This really is a pathetic move by their government. Doing this sort of stuff just beckons a revolution eventually.

I don't understand. Blocking bitcoin benefits wifes, girlfriends, kids how exactly?

Well blocking bitcoin is inefective , we know that like gfw is inefective, but my question is that you never told a little lie.... to some you love to keep her happy?
to explain later it does not work? like this?
Some people need the ilusion of savety or will get mad , and creatre wars.....

██████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
.♦♦♦.XSL Labs.♦♦♦.
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
██████
|  WHITEPAPER 
  AUDIO WP
|Confidentiality
Authenticity
Integrity
PatMan

Activity: 924

Watch out for the "Neg-Rep-Dogie-Police".....

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2014, 01:44:29 PM
Last edit: September 22, 2014, 01:57:23 PM by PatMan

I believe the NSofA to be just as guilty of internet censorship as China, only they call it different names - ie, copywrong, homeland security, (un)patriot act, etc etc.

It's interesting to note that the old East German Stasi – the Ministerium für Staatssicherheit, the East German National Security Agency (yes, that’s how Stasi’s name translates) - were doing the same thing then as the new NSA in america is doing now......& we all know how that worked out......

source: https://torrentfreak.com/letter-copyright-monopoly-140921/

"When one person is deluded it is called insanity - when many people are deluded it is called religion" - Robert M. Pirsig.  I don't want your coins, I want change.
Amazon UK BTC payment service - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=301229.0 - with FREE delivery!
http://www.ae911truth.org/ - http://rethink911.org/ - http://rememberbuilding7.org/
Demille

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 01:45:11 PM

That is true america does like to try censor certain things whilst complaining at other countries when they do it. Such hypocrites as always.
notthematrix
Legendary

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 02:17:15 PM

That is true america does like to try censor certain things whilst complaining at other countries when they do it. Such hypocrites as always.

its just to keep politicoins happy!
Most people cant handle reality , so they rather say it does not exsist.
hey just can not handle it yet http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1PH8whPuyQ
explains it very well , you cant change time.

██████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
.♦♦♦.XSL Labs.♦♦♦.
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
██████
|  WHITEPAPER 
  AUDIO WP
|Confidentiality
Authenticity
Integrity
bitbouillion

Activity: 868
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 04:01:56 PM

What's the Chinese for Streisand effect?

mercistheman

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 01:01:53 AM

Why do we buy any products from this repressive society?
Read the label folks!
fryarminer

Activity: 686

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 05:17:34 AM

If I was in China, I'd probably eat a lot of rice. And then I would move. Far away.
seriouscoin

Activity: 658

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 05:35:14 AM

If I was in China, I'd probably eat a lot of rice. And then I would move. Far away.

Thats what Chinese has been doing..... for decades....

Dont you see floods of Chinese immigrants (legal and illegal) every DAY?

Yet once they come to Western countries, they kept saying "my country is this, my country is that". One chinafck even said to me once " in China, road is cleaner than this city....." I almost told him to go the fck back chink.

Here is the most typical way for them to come here : visa students ---> fake marriage sponsors-----> whole fcking flop of Chinamen with the same last name come here under "family union"

PatMan

Activity: 924

Watch out for the "Neg-Rep-Dogie-Police".....

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2014, 02:17:36 PM

That's real Nazi/RedNeck talk.

I'm sure that if every illegal immigrant were to leave america the native American Indians would be very appreciative....... Cheesy

"When one person is deluded it is called insanity - when many people are deluded it is called religion" - Robert M. Pirsig.  I don't want your coins, I want change.
Amazon UK BTC payment service - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=301229.0 - with FREE delivery!
http://www.ae911truth.org/ - http://rethink911.org/ - http://rememberbuilding7.org/
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: