Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 10:52:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Where are we?  (Read 3550 times)
caribbeanbitcoiner (OP)

Activity: 131
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 02:36:45 AM

In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cyberpinoy

Activity: 1008
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2014, 02:45:19 AM

we are the last ones standing of a dying breed thats where we are Smiley

caribbeanbitcoiner (OP)

Activity: 131
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 04:21:48 AM

we are the last ones standing of a dying breed thats where we are Smiley

Cry This better not be true
RustyNomad

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2014, 05:40:03 AM

If I had to venture a guess I will have to say in stage 2 i.e. the Early Adopters.

We are definitely not in the Early Majority yet. I say this taking into consideration where I think bitcoin is going and where it will be in the next decade or two. Taking that into account and looking at the number of people currently involved with it then it has to be stage 2, even early stage two I think.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4475

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 06:00:18 AM
Last edit: September 22, 2014, 06:12:49 AM by franky1

we are definetly in the innovator | early adopter line. as more bitcoin infrastructure is being built. even the bitcoin protocol is still at 0.9 meaning its not even version 1 yet.

bitcoin is not the dying breed, cyberpinoy is the dying breed. he thinks demand is dying. the actual reality is that bitcoin is not dying, just the PHP exchanges are dying.

i personally trade away from exchanges and the demand is HUGE. the simple fact is that whales wont touch PHP exchanges due to lack of trust of third parties, and AMLKYC regulations limiting FIAT movements.

so these PHP based exchanges are no longer playing around with 50k coins a day, but rather 12k a day. whilst private trading has increased immensely.

i truly laugh at cyberpinoy because he is watching the outdated and dying exchanges that play 99% with satoshi dust amounts per trade, while the smart ones are seeing large volumes and better prices of $500, simply because people can get bitcoin from fiat alot easier privately instead of through the red tape of exchanges.

a prime example of what everyone should be doing is what happened in February 2014. once people realized they could not get FIAT out of MTGOX. yea it took them from December 2013 - February 2014 to realize it, but once they did the smart ones ignored mtgox's price and started to value bitcoins from other sources. even when mtgox sank to $100, no one gave a crap, as the other exchanges remained at 4x that value.

i cannot wait for the basement dweller coded exchanges to die off and the people to start to value bitcoin based on private trading rather then trying to peg the value of 13million+ coins based on movements of just a few thousand coins on an PHP exchange.

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
mbaeichapareiko

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 06:21:43 AM

i'd say early adopters because when you ask the average person what bitcoin is, a lot of them don't know or ever heard of it.
reg

Activity: 463

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 07:56:16 AM

i'd say early adopters because when you ask the average person what bitcoin is, a lot of them don't know or ever heard of it.

bitcoin is still in beta and given potential numbers of adopters (most people in the world are unbanked even now)at around 7 billion then clearly we are barely in the innovative stage. crytocurrencies are  innovations on a theme of the blockchain and so are all the start ups and exchanges (etf's have not even started). so its very early days.still imo.
Oscilson

Activity: 434

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 08:06:44 AM

We are between stage 1 and stage 2. BTC is still innovating and being adopted, but not widely.
TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 08:08:29 AM
Last edit: September 22, 2014, 08:50:56 AM by TaunSew

Dot.com was $7 trillion in the late 1990s and only 2% of the world population was using the internet.  2% of world population today is around 150 million people (back then it was less).

Not even early adopter stage - we're still in the innovator stage but it's true the ROI for Bitcoin has already peaked (if Bitcoin hits $1+ trillion then that's only a 100 or so return).   Buying BTC right now is like investing into Apple in the 1990s and ignoring startups like Amazon, Google, Yahoo.

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
master-P

Activity: 868
Merit: 1001

https://keybase.io/masterp FREE Escrow Service

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2014, 08:10:26 AM

Even though Bitcoin has gained a lot of traction over the past year or so, I still think we're in the early adopters stage simply because I think Bitcoin has the potential to become way bigger than it currently is.

Master-P's Free Escrow Service | 1% Fee for Multi-Party/Sig Campaigns | I Sign ALL of my addresses using PGP Key: https://keybase.io/masterp Verify
Tipping Address: 14PUWBwK854GLenxSa7MAuxXQUXK4DKKi5 | E-mail: masterp.bitcointalk {at} gmail {dot} com (for when/if the forum's offline)
Guide on How to Sign a Message
Bitcoinpro
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 10:19:21 AM

its going to be a big economic driver everyone will want an android phone just to use coin, its going to be an experience to witness

WWW.FACEBOOK.COM

CRYPTOCURRENCY CENTRAL BANK

LTC: LP7bcFENVL9vdmUVea1M6FMyjSmUfsMVYf
devphp

Activity: 336

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 10:39:54 AM

It's either Innovators or Laggards at this point.
Balls

Activity: 338

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 10:42:42 AM

Hard to say whether we're still the early adopters on the early majority. I think we could still be in the latter but only time will tell on that front.
Skeksis

Activity: 66

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 10:43:48 AM

I think bitcoin is still in the early stages especially if we get a few massive merchants on board and we keep getting lots of smaller ones. Let's just wait and see.
blatchcorn

Activity: 952
Merit: 281

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 11:29:22 AM

It is impossible to say without knowing the future.  If Bitcoin dies somehow tomorrow then we are laggards
TheGame

Activity: 66

You just lost

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 11:32:47 AM

LEt's not worry about where we are on that chart and concentrate on getting more people into bitcoin and then hopefully we will have still been in the early stages when we look back on this in the near future.
Mr Tea

Activity: 270

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 11:34:03 AM

if you believe bitcoin will become the next bing thing next only to the internet itself, we are on the early adopters stage based on adoption numbers only, if you think bitcoin is ded we laggards.

I think this is the exciting thing about bitcoin. We really still could become very wealthy early adopters, or we could also lose everything and be the losers in what was a failed experiment. I believe bitcoin has a bit of length in it yet though.

turvarya

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 11:41:02 AM

we are definetly in the innovator | early adopter line. as more bitcoin infrastructure is being built. even the bitcoin protocol is still at 0.9 meaning its not even version 1 yet.

bitcoin is not the dying breed, cyberpinoy is the dying breed. he thinks demand is dying. the actual reality is that bitcoin is not dying, just the PHP exchanges are dying.

i personally trade away from exchanges and the demand is HUGE. the simple fact is that whales wont touch PHP exchanges due to lack of trust of third parties, and AMLKYC regulations limiting FIAT movements.

so these PHP based exchanges are no longer playing around with 50k coins a day, but rather 12k a day. whilst private trading has increased immensely.

i truly laugh at cyberpinoy because he is watching the outdated and dying exchanges that play 99% with satoshi dust amounts per trade, while the smart ones are seeing large volumes and better prices of $500, simply because people can get bitcoin from fiat alot easier privately instead of through the red tape of exchanges.

a prime example of what everyone should be doing is what happened in February 2014. once people realized they could not get FIAT out of MTGOX. yea it took them from December 2013 - February 2014 to realize it, but once they did the smart ones ignored mtgox's price and started to value bitcoins from other sources. even when mtgox sank to $100, no one gave a crap, as the other exchanges remained at 4x that value.

i cannot wait for the basement dweller coded exchanges to die off and the people to start to value bitcoin based on private trading rather then trying to peg the value of 13million+ coins based on movements of just a few thousand coins on an PHP exchange.
Could you please explain, what you mean by private trading? Do you mean e.g. LocalBitcoins?

https://forum.bitcoin.com/
New censorship-free forum by Roger Ver. Try it out.
matt608

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 11:50:52 AM

I think we're still in the innovator phase. I'd say it will take another year or two to be comfortably in the early adopter stage.
pajak666

Activity: 746
Merit: 502

Looking for advertising deal

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 12:58:10 PM
Last edit: September 22, 2014, 03:48:14 PM by pajak666

with DELL and paypal and other big names jumping in, we are at the Early Majority.
C'mon 5 years passed

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: