Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 06:25:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Conscience  (Read 2641 times)
Mr.Bitty (OP)

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 05:09:23 PM

The bible refers to our Conscience several times.  Paul refers to it in Romans.  It is something we can destroy, just as we can destroy our bodies.

"Even when Gentiles, who do not have God's written law, instinctively follow what the law says, they show that in their hearts they know right from wrong. They demonstrate that God's law is written within them, for their own consciences either accuse them or tell them they are doing what is right."  Romans 2:14-15

Conscience is not an instinct, it is a knowledge, a consciousness put within us by God, it is one of the things that differentiates us from animals. Though the conscience cannot act, it can and does judge. It takes our thoughts, words, deeds and motives and compares them with the moral law of God, with the will of God. Then it passes its judgment.

The Bible is teaching that everyone, even if they've never heard about God's Word, knows they should act according to God's morality by nature. The 18th-century German Philosopher Immanuel Kant said, "Two things fill the mind with ever increasing wonder and awe, the more often and the more intensely the mind of thought is drawn to them--the starry heavens above me and the moral law within me." (Immanuel Kant, Critique of Pure Reason, 1781).

There is a "law" or a "morality" operating in everyone's own heart either accusing us or telling us we are doing what is right. Because of this, we are responsible to do what is right and to avoid what is wrong or sinful, and when we violate our conscience, we feel guilt.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
( DICEBITCO.IN | → BE THE BANK! ←| BEAUTIFUL UI | @Official Thread | @Twitter)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Mr.Bitty (OP)

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 05:10:25 PM

The two things of interest that were noted:

a)How this separates us from animals

b)How it is evidence that there is a Creator.  (Creation is another big one).

However, our own sin (evil) can lead us to deny the above.

BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 1367

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 09:12:47 PM

A person is strong enough that he can talk his conscience down. He can convince himself that his conscience is a lie. As long as there is no catastrophe in his life that causes him to become weak, he can convince himself that his conscience is wrong. "There are no atheists in the foxholes."

This is part of the reason that, when a Christian and an atheist face off, the atheist usually winds up becoming angry. After all, he has to fight 3 things. He has to fight his conscience that is trying to push through all his lies. He is trying to fight the words of the Christian that are going against what he has convinced himself of. And, if the Christian uses the Bible in the debate, the Holy Spirit gets into the fray and tries to straighten the atheist out for his own good.

The atheist often loses it and becomes angry, or he becomes more or less of a blubbering idiot, something like Decky.

So, don't give up in your attempts to reach the atheist. But be gentle. After all, we are trying to save them from destruction, mostly self-destruction. And keep in mind that we are not trying to save them for ourselves. Rather, we are trying to save them for God, like ambassadors for Him. So, be gentle and patient with them.

The strongest atheist is the one that remains firm in his false beliefs in the face of the three witnesses (mentioned above) against him. Don't become irritated with him. Rather, step back and give him what he is asking for. Gently turn him over to God. If God can't persuade him, are you going to be able to?

Smiley

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
Mr.Bitty (OP)

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 04:51:09 PM

The conclusion was interesting.  How is the conscience going to win, I ask?   In that, the person will finally yield?  That is true, but, many also refuse to yield.  However, it is not without a cost. 

What is interesting is to see how people's behaviour and even their well being gets affected by ignoring their conscience.

"Even when Gentiles, who do not have God's written law, instinctively follow what the law says, they show that in their hearts they know right from wrong. They demonstrate that God's law is written within them, for their own consciences either accuse them or tell them they are doing what is right."   Romans 2:14-15

YOUR CONSCIENCE IS SORT OF LIKE AN INTERNAL SECURITY SYSTEM. If you or someone else you know or see attempts to do something that would hurt you or violate you, or cause someone else harm, this security system sounds an alarm! Your conscience sends you a message of warning.  It may be:

Caution
    Fear
    Doubt
    Guilt

You may try to turn off your conscience, try to silence it and you may even to some degree become comfortable. Since no one is forced to obey their conscience it will allow people to do what they know is wrong. Some people tell themselves that they're not going to be "old-fashioned" anymore. They're going to adopt a "new morality" and they proceed to make up "new" rules for the game of life. But you know what? They will never be happy because their conscience won't let them. When you offend your conscience you'll always know your cheating, and that you're making up new rules. You're conscience won't buy into it.

Maybe you've said, "I don't care, I'm going to do what I want to do for a change. I'm just going to indulge myself. I don't believe in a conscience anymore!"

Go ahead, try to stifle your conscience, but you'd just as well try to stop breathing by holding your breath. You may pass out, but when you do you'll start breathing again! You can't get rid of your conscience that easily! It's part of you, one of the things that separates you from animals. Your conscience is not going to go away without a fight! And the chances are, its going to win!

Decksperiment

Activity: 630
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 05:10:52 PM

A person is strong enough that he can talk his conscience down. He can convince himself that his conscience is a lie. As long as there is no catastrophe in his life that causes him to become weak, he can convince himself that his conscience is wrong. "There are no atheists in the foxholes."

This is part of the reason that, when a Christian and an atheist face off, the atheist usually winds up becoming angry. After all, he has to fight 3 things. He has to fight his conscience that is trying to push through all his lies. He is trying to fight the words of the Christian that are going against what he has convinced himself of. And, if the Christian uses the Bible in the debate, the Holy Spirit gets into the fray and tries to straighten the atheist out for his own good.

The atheist often loses it and becomes angry, or he becomes more or less of a blubbering idiot, something like Decky.

So, don't give up in your attempts to reach the atheist. But be gentle. After all, we are trying to save them from destruction, mostly self-destruction. And keep in mind that we are not trying to save them for ourselves. Rather, we are trying to save them for God, like ambassadors for Him. So, be gentle and patient with them.

The strongest atheist is the one that remains firm in his false beliefs in the face of the three witnesses (mentioned above) against him. Don't become irritated with him. Rather, step back and give him what he is asking for. Gently turn him over to God. If God can't persuade him, are you going to be able to?

Smiley

Now this was a bit offensive dude.. u sit here preachin god thinking you can talk about me as you have in your second paragraph?

1: I am not a fuckin athiest you fuckin I-D-I-O-T. If you have read any my posts, you know I believe in a far greater thing than you and YOUR religons lies, Your a religious freak cast out from your church.. YOU and YOUR chosen book are liar's, or you would not lie to others claiming I am what you call an athiest. I have never been angry at anyone here ever, I sit at home, my kids see me typing, and never hear a thing.. so tell me, where is this anger?

Blubbering idiot? I'M TYPING YOU FUCKIN I-D-I-O-T!

Next you'll claim I'm shouting.. Nah, again, I'm typing.

See the difference between me and you is you and your book are a sham wi a fuckin red face because NO-ONE wants you!!!!

Me, I produce scientific truths. 

Like the fact I am typing here, not speaking, not shouting, not angry, and cant wait for someone to msg me your ip. Only then will you PRAY with your HEART that I m not initiated into greater mysteries than you.
Rigon

Activity: 994
Merit: 441

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 05:14:53 PM

There is one important aspect of a conscience that you conveniently over-look.
A conscience is what most of us use to determine right from wrong, and truth from lies,  and our own actions based upon our own conscience. Most of us have the ability to know the difference between right and wrong, truth & lies, etc..  and act accordingly and appropriately within societal norms.
Decksperiment

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 05:16:06 PM

There is one important aspect of a conscience that you conveniently over-look.
A conscience is what most of us use to determine right from wrong, and truth from lies,  and our own actions based upon our own conscience. Most of us have the ability to know the difference between right and wrong, truth & lies, etc..  and act accordingly and appropriately within societal norms.

Totally agree.. thank fuck am not in that dicks society, cause thats an abnormal one.
Mr.Bitty (OP)

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 05:26:39 PM

There are 3 cheif functions of the conscience:

1). It WATCHES - Romans 2:14-15

Your conscience watches your actions to see if your actions line up with the inner law inside of you.

When you think of what you've done this past week, have your actions matched what you know is right inside of you?

God has placed your conscience in you to help you assess if you are living what you know to be right. Your conscience is watching you. It wants to help you.

Decksperiment

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 05:28:03 PM

There are 3 cheif functions of the conscience:

1). It WATCHES - Romans 2:14-15

Your conscience watches your actions to see if your actions line up with the inner law inside of you.

When you think of what you've done this past week, have your actions matched what you know is right inside of you?

God has placed your conscience in you to help you assess if you are living what you know to be right. Your conscience is watching you. It wants to help you.

I'll stick with the eye of awareness, or all seeing eye, thanks Wink
Mr.Bitty (OP)

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 05:30:52 PM

2). It ACCUSES or AFFIRMS - Romans 2:15, "...for their own consciences either accuse them or tell them they are doing what is right."

Note: The conscience doesn't have a mechanism to cleanse itself. Your conscience can never remove guilt. All it can do is accuse you if you have done wrong. That's why only the blood of Jesus can cleanse us from a guilty conscience, (Hebrews 10:22).

Mr.Bitty (OP)

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 05:57:20 PM

3). It JUDGES OUR ACTIONS - 2 Corinthians 1:12 - "For our proud confidence is this: the testimony of our conscience, that in holiness and godly sincerity, not in fleshly wisdom but in the grace of God, we have conducted ourselves in the world, and especially toward you."

Mr.Bitty (OP)

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 06:00:24 PM

Cling tightly to your faith in Christ, and always keep your conscience clear. For some people have deliberately violated their consciences; as a result, their faith has been shipwrecked." 1 Timothy 1:19

Some people pervert or sear their consciences.

The conscience is not indestructible. A person's conscience can be perverted or seared. That's why our consciences must also be informed by God's Word, it's our only perfect guide. Maybe you've heard someone say, "Let your conscience be your guide." Well, that may sound good, but it's very poor spiritual advice.

Some people habitually live in a conscience-searing state. A good example of this is Felix (not the cat!), King Felix in Acts 24:24-27.

Our consciences must be subject to, and trained and cleansed by the Word of God. Tomorrow we're going to look at how to get a clear conscience.

Mr.Bitty (OP)

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 06:07:52 PM

Folks do reck their consciences.  Which is why they end up having trouble telling right from wrong.  One way to do this is as follows:

18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;
19 Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath showed it unto them.
20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:
21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

noviapriani

Activity: 350

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 06:13:09 PM

...you sleep with another man's wife?
.... have you cheated on your wife?
...told a lie to your kids (assuming you have kids, that is...) ?
...screwed-over a fellow employee....?
....stolen something that doesn't belong to you....?

You can unburden yourself here. I promise your secret is safe here.
You are among friends! We're not here to judge you or condemn you, but offer moral support.  Grin

Mr.Bitty (OP)

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 06:22:41 PM

You are among friends! We're not here to judge you or condemn you, but offer moral support.  Grin
So, how does one repair a damaged conscience?

Could be from stealing, from divorcing one's spouse, from lying, from just immoral thoughts. 

The conscience is then accusing.  If continually ignored, the voice may get reduced to a whisper.  But, ignored or not, what can be done?

noviapriani

Activity: 350

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 06:31:45 PM

So, how does one repair a damaged conscience?

Could be from stealing, from divorcing one's spouse, from lying, from just immoral thoughts. 

The conscience is then accusing.  If continually ignored, the voice may get reduced to a whisper.  But, ignored or not, what can be done?
Yep! Guilty conscience.

Mr.Bitty (OP)

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 06:38:14 PM

What do you do when your conscience is shouting, "You're in really big trouble! I feel guilty! I feel defiled!" What can you do? Psychologists say that people everywhere are suffering the effects of guilty, trampled, defiled consciences.

Your conscience can never remove guilt; all it can do is accuse you if you have done wrong. It can do nothing to help you! Someone has said that "A guilty conscience is a hell on earth and points to one beyond." An accusing conscience points out the guilt of our sin. Maybe years ago you stole money from your mom or you had an abortion or you've been unfaithful to your spouse. It doesn't take long before you're living as a prisoner of guilt and shame.

The Greek philosopher Seneca said, "Every guilty person is his own hangman."

Bitcoin Magazine

Activity: 252

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 06:51:09 PM

What do you do when your conscience is shouting, "You're in really big trouble! I feel guilty! I feel defiled!" What can you do? Psychologists say that people everywhere are suffering the effects of guilty, trampled, defiled consciences.

Your conscience can never remove guilt; all it can do is accuse you if you have done wrong. It can do nothing to help you! Someone has said that "A guilty conscience is a hell on earth and points to one beyond." An accusing conscience points out the guilt of our sin. Maybe years ago you stole money from your mom or you had an abortion or you've been unfaithful to your spouse. It doesn't take long before you're living as a prisoner of guilt and shame.

The Greek philosopher Seneca said, "Every guilty person is his own hangman."

that's why you need Jesus, He removes sin.

i am here.
CryptoCarmen

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

★Bitin.io★ - Instant Exchange

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 09:23:10 PM

The two things of interest that were noted:

a)How this separates us from animals

b)How it is evidence that there is a Creator.  (Creation is another big one).

However, our own sin (evil) can lead us to deny the above.

What separates us from animals is the holy spirit.
Decksperiment

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 12:14:40 AM

2). It ACCUSES or AFFIRMS - Romans 2:15, "...for their own consciences either accuse them or tell them they are doing what is right."

Note: The conscience doesn't have a mechanism to cleanse itself. Your conscience can never remove guilt. All it can do is accuse you if you have done wrong. That's why only the blood of Jesus can cleanse us from a guilty conscience, (Hebrews 10:22).

Problem with guilt is once you've done your time you know what the fuck it's sayin, do you have the experience here to know what your saying?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: