Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 08:05:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 152 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][SEED] SeedCoin | New Road Map  (Read 184070 times)
cryptzo (OP)

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2014, 09:29:20 AM

At least there should be a white paper for it,come on guys!  Grin
you should share more information ,at least there should be a white paper

We did write a whitepaper. After much discussion we decided to break it down and convert it into a website and announcement thread so people would actually read it, because doing so is absolutely critical to your success with this coin. I can get you the growth charts/visual aids if you want. We are planning on writing a strategy guide that would describe ways to maximize the number of coins you can grow.

Ultimately, there's only two ways to go through the first two weeks after the coin launches. You can take the safe route and buy/mine and stake as many coins as you possibly can, and never trade any of them until after the growth period ends, or you can test your trading skills on the extremely volatile market. I'm happy to layout a guide for everyone that wants to be able to end up with as many coins as possible, but I can't possibly describe the dynamic trading/market strategy aspect of the coin that will ultimately decide the size of the coin base.

Basically (and this is spelled out on the website as well) every coin that is traded or manipulated in any way significantly reduces the size of the final coin base. If you stake your coins religiously, and everyone else trades theirs, you're going to have significantly more coins than everyone else, and it's just that simple.

I'm liking the idea behind this, but can you please give me a short term road map for this coin? I want to have a sense of what I'm investing after the distribution and staking period.

This depends heavily on the results of the ICO and Growth period. I believe strongly in the idea of a decentralized currency, which is why I designed the coin, and the distribution of the coin, in a dynamic way that lets the community decide, directly and indirectly, how many coins are out there, and what value is. If the community invests in the ICO then we'll find ourselves in a very different situation than if people forego that option and the majority of the initial coinbase is mined. Again, how many coins are grown vs. traded is also going to have a significant impact on the situation we find ourselves in. After the growth period, there could be less than 10k coins, or more than 10m coins, and it ultimately depends on the community.

If we can achieve enough BTC from the ICO to establish a permanently high floor, then we can focus on growing our community, marketing, infrastructure, and maintenance.  Getting the coin out there in the real world and getting it used, because we wont have to worry about vendors dumping their coins for BTC - they simply couldn't sell them for less than the set market floor, and if they do sell into that floor, they've effectively eliminated the coins from the coinbase and made everyone else's coins that much more valuable. Development will be focused on stability and maintenance, new features will be implemented with the goal of making the coin simpler, accessible, and more useful on a broad scale.

If we don't make our target to be able to have that high market floor necessary to attract real world acceptance, then we have to concentrate our efforts more on the development side of things. Without a high stable market floor, the value will depend most heavily on the perceived value of the features being brought to bear through the development cycle. We'll bring more developers on board, and work heavily on building desirable and marketable features.

I'd prefer to keep the coin lightweight, personally. Too many features bloat the blockchain and make the coin unwieldy for practical, long term use. But that's what everyone seems to want to invest in these days, the latest and greatest features where everything and the kitchen sink is built into the coin - and that's what it seems you have to do these days to achieve a stable high market value - bloat your coin with features most people don't need or use.

Ultimately, that's what I want to get back to with Seedcoin. I want a coin whose primary purpose is circulation as a monetary instrument, without the need for massive computing power working around the clock, and yet has permanent level of liquidity. I want a coin that cares about and rewards the 'bag holders', and I want a coin that actually grows in value by design.

But really, what ultimately happens depends heavily on how the altcoin community responds to SeedCoin in the short term. I've planted a seed here in the altcoin community, and what direction we take with it depends on what the community does with it over the course of about three weeks.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Rage19420

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 12:25:22 PM

ICO is .1 btc per 1 seed and there's claim of 1000x growth potential? That's an extremely heavy lift for any coin.
InitialDat

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 03:13:19 PM

cryptzo, thanks for the response. I understand that aspect of this coin, but what I'm trying to find out more is the development process after the distribution and staking period. I also understand that it will be determined based on the amount generated from the ICO, but I'm still uncertain of what I'm investing in --development wise.

Is there a longer version of the whitepaper that talk about the development process? As in, will there be multiple plans in the development process correllating to the amount generated from the ico?

SkyValeey

Activity: 560

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 03:34:55 PM

269% stake a day?

Are you kidding? This will kill the coin.

Btw.

ICO cap above 500 btc = 50% will be used to bid.

But 500 btc is pretty much and you don't mention anything about "if ICO cap will be BELOW 500btc... XX% of btc will be used to bid..."...

...which means this is not fair imo and this is quick buck for you.  Grin

Why? Because it's hard to 500btc + for that ICO AND YOU KNOW IT  Grin

Nice OP but i'm out, just watching Smiley
InitialDat

Activity: 252

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 03:38:09 PM

269% stake a day?

Btw.

But 500 btc is pretty much and you don't mention anything about "if ICO cap will be BELOW 500btc... XX% of btc will be used to bid..."...

Please read the op thoroughly before jumping to conclusion. But you're right, that 500 btc goal is a tad out of reach in all honesty. What will happen if the goal isn't met? Will there still be a set buy wall?
SkyValeey

Activity: 560

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 03:45:18 PM

That's what I'm curious about because I can't see any word about buy wall with ICO's cap below 500  Cool
kryptologist

Activity: 714

@kryptographer

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 03:54:36 PM

why would PINK coin associate themselves with a premined ICO scam?

Because we're confident that it's not a scam. Cryptzo is a friend of mine in real life, I've known him for 5 years. He's an apt and capable programmer, and I've been helping him with this project.

As for POD, he can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think he would prefer to stay anonymous. I'm willing to complete POD on behalf of SEED if that's what the community here wants, as I am a contributing developer on the project, but I have to make clear that my primary interest is in developing PinkCoin. With SeedCoin, I'm more or less just trying to help my friend that I've known for years with his project, and the PinkCoin team has agreed to support that decision.

Ultimately I believe the primary reason for the Proof of Developer program is to provide the community some security in their investment, because we are all tired of scams. I know Cryptzo personally, and I assure you, as I have assured my team, that Cryptzo is capable and trustworthy, and I personally guarantee the legitimacy of this project as it's been described.

All ICOs are scams by design. The developer can buy as many coins as they want for free, its just a sneaky way for scam developers to do a premine. The dev can easily buy 50% of the coins, 90% if they want to with no risk because they are buying from themselves.

Anyway thanks for the info, I just dumped all my pinkcoin.
sonysasankan

Activity: 280

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2014, 04:00:35 PM

269% stake a day?

Btw.

Please read the op thoroughly before jumping to conclusion. But you're right, that 500 btc goal is a tad out of reach in all honesty. What will happen if the goal isn't met? Will there still be a set buy wall?

I dont know.... of late im seeing some coins hit crazy amounts. Like that tokens thingy on Bter... insane... read they raised some 1000 BTC in the first 2 hours or something. All those recent coins having their ICO hosted on bittrex too... they all cross 500 in no time. Its sure is crazy out there!! I'm hoping to get some seeds mining early when the difficulty is still low   Grin

Pinkcoin Donations Address ---> PINK: PB9TmJXZTqzLroz9cLzCQe2cNWzEwJeq5g | BTC: 14Yxxxxko19qtLi3k2yvtWQ54vSQg2mLjB <---
Rent Mining rigs for cheap
adloule13

Activity: 378

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 04:45:55 PM

another ico ?   Wink Roll Eyes

COVESTING

SPACE
sPresale starts on 20th of October
Bringing Copy-Trading Platform to the crypto currency market.
They trade - you profit.

cryptzo (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2014, 08:34:40 PM

269% stake a day?

Btw.

Below 500 btc raised for the ICO and the focus is placed on building value through ongoing development. I fully respect the PinkCoin team and their approach, but I personally don't believe that a development team that works for free is sustainable, or even right. Coin communities these days depend almost completely on the developers, and yet it's the miners and the pump & dumpers that get paid. I honestly don't understand how it's a scam when a developer launches a coin legitimately with no premine or incentive for themselves, and then realizes the obscene amount of work it is and has to leave the project, meanwhile it is not a scam when miners slave computer programs to mine the whole lot of coins and dump them all on the market before moving on to the next thing, and the richest of the rich control entire markets because they can afford to buy up a huge majority of coins.

I'm trying to give the altcoin community something different here. An opportunity for anybody to be able to get a large number of coins, whether they mine them or buy them through the ICO. Where the number of coins that they can get has more to do with how they handle them, and less to do with how many got mined or bought.

It's absolutely true that the 269% interest rate over 7 days would kill a market. But that's not it's purpose. It's purpose is managing the distribution, so that strong hands ultimately get more coins than traders and dumpers. Of course there's going to be a huge dump after the 7 days, but everyone should see that coming. Nobody's making any secret of that. The coin will need to find it's floor at that point, based on how many coins actually got produced.

Above 500 btc, and we can afford to take half the ico and lock the market floor to 100k, and say that it can't possibly fall below that. Honestly, coins valued below 100k aren't taken very seriously, and the money is better spent on development that the community would value more than any permanent floor we could set in place.

Either way, the ICO itself pays for the long term development of the coin. Development including everything from wallet development, web tools, games, marketing, events, etc. I have big ideas and big dreams for Seedcoin, but without funding there isn't a whole lot I can do beyond maintain the coin as a hobby and implement things as and when I have time.

cryptzo (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2014, 09:00:27 PM

why would PINK coin associate themselves with a premined ICO scam?

Because we're confident that it's not a scam. Cryptzo is a friend of mine in real life, I've known him for 5 years. He's an apt and capable programmer, and I've been helping him with this project.

As for POD, he can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think he would prefer to stay anonymous. I'm willing to complete POD on behalf of SEED if that's what the community here wants, as I am a contributing developer on the project, but I have to make clear that my primary interest is in developing PinkCoin. With SeedCoin, I'm more or less just trying to help my friend that I've known for years with his project, and the PinkCoin team has agreed to support that decision.

Ultimately I believe the primary reason for the Proof of Developer program is to provide the community some security in their investment, because we are all tired of scams. I know Cryptzo personally, and I assure you, as I have assured my team, that Cryptzo is capable and trustworthy, and I personally guarantee the legitimacy of this project as it's been described.

All ICOs are scams by design. The developer can buy as many coins as they want for free, its just a sneaky way for scam developers to do a premine. The dev can easily buy 50% of the coins, 90% if they want to with no risk because they are buying from themselves.

Anyway thanks for the info, I just dumped all my pinkcoin.

This is precisely why I've asked the pinkcoin team to handle the entire ICO procedure. The website is controlled and managed by them in their servers. There cannot be any foulplay or "premine" from my end. They have accepted to placeed their good name at stake only after fully reviewing the code. All BTC and SEED transfers are verifiable in the blockchain, so the question of "buying from themselves" does not arise. If I want to purchase seeds from the ICO, I would have to pay up through the website like everyone else. I hope I have answered your queries to satisfaction.

cryptzo (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2014, 09:04:24 PM

another ico ?   Wink Roll Eyes

Helps to fund the development. You can mine it if you are not inclined towards the ICO. The OP will be updated with a bunch of pools in a few days. We're starting to hear from the pool owners.

askcoin2

Activity: 107
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2014, 11:06:24 PM

block time 1 minute - sync will take long time after a few months

cryptzo (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2014, 12:28:50 AM

block time 1 minute - sync will take long time after a few months

It would eventually. But I feel its a good compromise for the fast transactions it provides. Plus the coin is designed to reward staking and early adoption, so only a small minority would be opening their wallets after a few months. Most of them would stake everyday.

prhvideos

Activity: 70

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2014, 01:03:54 AM

Smiley

Camus

Activity: 826

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 01:17:11 AM

watching... Grin
cryptzo (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2014, 01:34:47 AM

watching... Grin

You won't regret it Grin

siliconchip

Activity: 123

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 01:39:24 AM

Fuck off,stupid scrypt algo coin.

cryptzo (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2014, 02:17:10 AM

Fuck off,stupid scrypt algo coin.

Evidently you do not like Scrypt, or my coin. Thanks for letting me know Wink

HabbyGab

Activity: 99

I do not support TIX Tickets.

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 02:26:52 AM

When does ICO start?
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 152 »
  Print  

Jump to: