Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 03:30:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Billboard!  (Read 13470 times)
oldmaid

Activity: 131
Merit: 19

Krypton

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2014, 11:19:56 PM

Please add it to www.bumpbitcoin.com and any other ideas you have.

BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
angelahall112

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 02:25:54 AM

I like how bitcoin is large.  People who see the sign will definitely notice the sign and your business.  Basically you are taking the viral and social nature of bitcoin and this will rub off on your company.  Since you are the first to do this it will have a really good effect, imo.

Black and yellow is a really good color combination since it makes the bitcoin stand out.  Maybe change the orange to yellow and it might also match better with the coin.

Since you live in Silicon Valley I would write, "We accept BitCoin" and near the bottom in small letters "P2P Cryptocurrency" or "Decentralized Cryptocurrency"

Thanks for doing this!!!

very nice
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 02:57:21 AM

A new billboard has appeared in this location:

The road in the picture is Lawrence Expressway, also known as Country Route G2. It is 8(!) lanes wide, yet still gets jammed with bumper-to-bumper traffic during commute hours. The billboard is visible while traveling north, with morning commuters traveling from the bedroom communities of Cupertino and Saratoga to Silicon Valley companies.

The land on which the billboard sits is 10 acres of farmland in the middle of Silicon Valley, owned and operated by a farmer who is nearly 90 years old. You can read about it here, which was written before one of the brothers died. A more recent write-up is here.

What does that weird sign even mean? God with a halo holding a spiked Bitcoin with black satanic looking hooded monks and the earth below? Roger Ver must be losing it.

seriouscoin

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 03:20:39 AM

A new billboard has appeared in this location:

The road in the picture is Lawrence Expressway, also known as Country Route G2. It is 8(!) lanes wide, yet still gets jammed with bumper-to-bumper traffic during commute hours. The billboard is visible while traveling north, with morning commuters traveling from the bedroom communities of Cupertino and Saratoga to Silicon Valley companies.

The land on which the billboard sits is 10 acres of farmland in the middle of Silicon Valley, owned and operated by a farmer who is nearly 90 years old. You can read about it here, which was written before one of the brothers died. A more recent write-up is here.

What does that weird sign even mean? God with a halo holding a spiked Bitcoin with black satanic looking hooded monks and the earth below? Roger Ver must be losing it.

I believe those dark monks (not satans LOL) are representing bankers.

frankenmint
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1018

HoneybadgerOfMoney.com Weed4bitcoin.com

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2014, 03:31:23 AM

[vouches to keep ol glory alive through honeybadgerofmoney.com]

The sign above was replaced by the sign the op shows.

QuestionAuthority
Legendary

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 03:38:21 AM

I think the new sign is going to miss its target audience. I'm into Bitcoin and I don't get it. What will the driver of car going down the expressway quickly think when they glance at that sign? Jesus and his devil monks are gonna throw a Bitcoin Shuriken at your ass. lol

MemoryDealers (OP)
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1052
Merit: 1105

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2014, 06:42:05 AM

It is hard to see in the photo, but each of the dark monks has a necklace with a different fiat currency symbol on it:
$, £, €, etc.

I think it is about time for a new billboard,  so if anyone has any good ideas for the next one,  please post it here.

gjgjg

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 11:41:20 AM

It is hard to see in the photo, but each of the dark monks has a necklace with a different fiat currency symbol on it:
$, £, €, etc.

I think it is about time for a new billboard,  so if anyone has any good ideas for the next one,  please post it here.

Does it have to be product linked? Maybe something super simple, like the basic orange BTC logo with bullet points like:
Cheaper
Faster
Safer

Then a QR code or something linking to an ATM map?

Something that is easy to remember, gets the main important user points across (I know there are many aspects to BTC that people should know but I think most people really dont care at all about the background or philosophy of BTC; they just want to know the practicalities) and a follow through pointing ppl to somewhere they can buy in?

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4200
Merit: 4442

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 12:34:02 PM

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
naztykoyn

Activity: 24

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 01:38:54 PM

This billboard gave me chills..Smiley Its now just a matter of time. Paypal is with us now.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 02:37:57 PM

Franky's sign is pretty good. At least it's a road sign. It's fun to have a cool sign that all the Bitcoiners that drive by will enjoy but it should say something to the average driver like:

Bitcoin is the future of money. Learn about it at (your favorite link here).

Businesses that now accept Bitcoin.

Memory Dealers - PayPal - Dish Network - Overstock.com - bla bla bla for the rest of the sign to the bottom.

Every time they drive by they will see another big business name they're acquainted with that takes Bitcoin. Eventually they will want to know what this thing is that all the big names are using.

franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4200
Merit: 4442

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 03:11:18 PM

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 03:41:14 PM

That's really good. Can you move that bitcoin.org up enough to list some big business names that accept Bitcoin?

ruins

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 01:48:24 AM

I've been trying to buy from MemoryDealers.com using Bitcoins, but I can't. The site shows me the price in USD, and when I check out it asks for credit card or PayPal Sad

I'm working hard and fast to have an automated bitcoin shopping cart ASAP.
If there is anything you would like for now,  feel free to email me at roger@memorydealers.com and I can take care of everything for you.

looks cool, nice!
ruins

Activity: 98

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 01:56:34 AM

I'm going to try to have this up by the end of this week.
Here are a few more designs I am considering.  Pastel colors don't work well for billboards,  so we need high contrast colors for everything.
Please continue to give me your thoughts.
I will be sure to post photos of the actual billboard once it is up.

Design A:

Design B:

Design C:

Design D:

Design E:

I vote for E
DaveSaldana123

Activity: 135
Merit: 100

A.K.A The Black Marvel

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 04:49:46 AM

I wish to see these signages on gasoline stations. Smiley

BrunesBTC45

Activity: 103

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 01:33:27 AM

Yeah, I dont care about the signs, I want them to accept btc.
philiveyjr
Legendary

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 06:30:47 AM

Yeah, I dont care about the signs, I want them to accept btc.

Lol..I thing Dave meant the same thing.!!

johncarpe64

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 06:40:00 AM

we need more advertising for bitcoin like this  graphics are well done
Onestopbrokers Directory

Activity: 49

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2014, 11:14:58 AM

We are updating our billboard on the side of a VERY busy expressway in Silicon Valley California.  (Lawrence Expressway just south of Central Expressway)
The billboard will be seen by tens of thousands of people per day.

We are considering the following layout:

http://i51.tinypic.com/zuhy15.jpg

I would like to hear the bitcoin community's thoughts on ways to improve the effectiveness of this ad.

Please give me any thoughts, ideas, design changes you may have.

Thank you!

Roger Ver
Memory Dealers.com, Inc.
3350 Scott Blvd.
Building #32
Santa Clara, CA 95054
USA

Phone:+1 408 486 5650
Fax: +1 408 486 5653
Email: roger@memorydealers.com
Aim: rogerkver
MSN: roger@memorydealers.com