Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 01:59:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] GamerholicCoin (GHC) [SHA-256] - Fair launch! - I WIN FOR A LIVING  (Read 80289 times)
HunterS

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 07:45:56 AM

dev or his friends mined on a different fork with very low hashrate while everyone else mined on the one with huge hashrate ,
so he made the one with the least hashrate the one he mined on the "right" fork
meanwhile my 4200 coins that were very expensive to mine are gone!
yes pretty bad form.I am still waiting on a answer as to why you wouldnt use the fork where less coin and miners are affected.just make no sense to me.

I didn't "choose" a fork.  If you'd like to indicate how that's possible then I'd like to hear it.
well you need clarify what happened cause alot of people lost alot of mined coins and spent alot on btc.are you going to compensate them in some way

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
coinweaver (OP)

Activity: 176
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 07:47:30 AM

dev or his friends mined on a different fork with very low hashrate while everyone else mined on the one with huge hashrate ,
yes pretty bad form.I am still waiting on a answer as to why you wouldnt use the fork where less coin and miners are affected.just make no sense to me.

I didn't "choose" a fork.  If you'd like to indicate how that's possible then I'd like to hear it.
well you need clarify what happened cause alot of people lost alot of mined coins and spent alot on btc.are you going to compensate them in some way

I was on coin-miners.

Who will compensate me?
coinweaver (OP)

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 07:50:40 AM

I was on coin-miners.

Who will compensate me?
so you picked the chain with the least hashrate just because you were mining on it
SCAM

You do realize that we had people also mining on Minerpools, right?

If you spread your hash rate around then you minimize risk.
HunterS

Activity: 644

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 07:53:41 AM

I was on coin-miners.

Who will compensate me?
so you picked the chain with the least hashrate just because you were mining on it
SCAM

You do realize that we had people also mining on Minerpools.

how did the fork automatical fix itself.I have been on alot of coins when they forked and the dev usally picks fork thats going to cause the lease loss to everyone invovled.i have never heard of it automatically fixing itself.can you explain how it fixes itself and how it chose which fork to use Huh

coinweaver (OP)

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 07:55:47 AM

I was on coin-miners.

Who will compensate me?
SCAM

how did the fork automatical fix itself.I have been on alot of coins when they forked and the dev usally picks fork thats going to cause the lease loss to everyone invovled.i have never heard of it automatically fixing itself.can you explain how it fixes itself and how it chose which fork to use Huh

It's a peercoin fork.  This sort of thing happened to them, if I recall correctly.  We chose that codebase because it is so resilient.  

Edit to add: I honestly cannot say why it chose one fork over another at this time.  We lost coins, too.  We have been focused on stabilizing the network and have not yet dug into how the fork was caused.  It's also the weekend and folks were not instantly available. Things do take time. Smiley
pvnamk19

Activity: 178

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 07:56:25 AM

Now, Coin-miners has more hashrate than Minerpools.
Is it mining in a different fork?
Please say it clearly to help miners!
coinweaver (OP)

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 07:58:59 AM

I was on coin-miners.

Who will compensate me?
SCAM

+1
the dev should have chose the one that the most miners and hashrate as the right one.
but he chose the chain with the least hashrate as the "right" fork just because he mined on it.
common sense says he is supposed to pick the chain with the most miners and the most hashrate.
we lost money because of his gross negligence
now he needs to compensate the people who mined on the chain with the most hashrate

You've convinced yourself that we were out to screw you when that's not the case.  I'm sorry you feel that way but there's nothing further I can say.
rafetaz

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 08:02:08 AM

Lost 800 GHC on minerpools withdrawal, and after wallet update lost another 300 from minerpools balance.....What a joke! RIP GHC, RIP minerpools.....
coinweaver (OP)

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 08:04:10 AM

Lost 800 GHC on minerpools withdrawal, and after wallet update lost another 300 from minerpools balance.....What a joke! RIP GHC, RIP minerpools.....

So far we are down over 5,000GHC since we were mining from the start.

If it was RIP for every coin that had a problem then it would have been RIP bitcoin 3 years ago.
rafetaz

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 08:11:58 AM

By the way, sending you an e-mail from minerpools website doesn't work......fantastic! what else?
abats

Activity: 98

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 08:12:40 AM

Dev, you should tell the miners, the mineral pools are correct chain!
pvnamk19

Activity: 178

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 08:16:37 AM
Last edit: September 28, 2014, 11:37:57 AM by pvnamk19

@coinweaver:
Please clarify which pool is on right chain: minerpool, coin-miner, longwall...?
Other miners will addnode, follow and create a healthy chain.
Thanks!
rafetaz

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 08:18:50 AM

So far we are down over 5,000GHC since we were mining from the start.

If it was RIP for every coin that had a problem then it would have been RIP bitcoin 3 years ago.

Kidding me?, I don't care a shit other coins as I didn't have any problem with them, only got problems with GHC..
abats

Activity: 98

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 08:22:57 AM

@coinweaver:
Please clarify which pool is on right chain: minerpool, coin-miner, longwall...?
Other miners will addnote, follow and create a healthy chain.
Thanks!

Yes, but developers do not say clear!
coinweaver (OP)

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 08:25:17 AM

Thanks, Julian.  I was just about to post something similar.
idol

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 08:32:24 AM

Thanks, Julian.  I was just about to post something similar.

and how do you his name is julian?

was julian on the right fork? Smiley

thetruth123123

Activity: 280

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 08:34:50 AM

Thanks, Julian.  I was just about to post something similar.

He's a member of the Coinmarketscartel.
It's a red flag when you know that the cartel is in a coin.
studio1one

Activity: 1218

BintexFutures

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 08:55:46 AM

Thanks, Julian.  I was just about to post something similar.

He's a member of the Coinmarketscartel.
It's a red flag when you know that the cartel is in a coin.

Jyap may well be a well known face in #cm but many people should look to him for how a coin should be launched.  Jbs was a genuine fair launch and he gained a lot of friends and respect for the way he managed it.

BINTEX