Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 05:15:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: A perma-bull's take on this situation  (Read 4357 times)
notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 06:39:18 PM

sure. What i start to see around here though is this preaching of 'hodling' and 'it will be 10k$ 100% sure' ... i think that's dangerous. And to go to the length of telling people the orders were an illusion tops it off really. Maybe next time better more accurate.

Sure, having certainty about any market is dangerous.  But, to a certain degree walls are sometimes used to create misperception of support/resistance.  Is something meant to create misperception not the definition of an illusion?  I'm not sure what you're trying to say with the bold part, I got a parse error trying to read it.

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
fewcoins

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2014, 06:32:52 AM

sure. What i start to see around here though is this preaching of 'hodling' and 'it will be 10k$ 100% sure' ... i think that's dangerous. And to go to the length of telling people the orders were an illusion tops it off really. Maybe next time better more accurate.

Sure, having certainty about any market is dangerous.  But, to a certain degree walls are sometimes used to create misperception of support/resistance.  Is something meant to create misperception not the definition of an illusion?  I'm not sure what you're trying to say with the bold part, I got a parse error trying to read it.

All of those "buy walls" are sooo fake... I watch many of those people cancel ALL THE TIME! That's what happens with unregulated things!!! As a perma-bear, I can tell you BTC price chart looks exactly the same as a penny stock pump and dump that waves widly in the wind back n forth back n forth until its literally worth $0.00
jaredboice

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 07:12:13 PM

All of those "buy walls" are sooo fake... I watch many of those people cancel ALL THE TIME! That's what happens with unregulated things!!! As a perma-bear, I can tell you BTC price chart looks exactly the same as a penny stock pump and dump that waves widly in the wind back n forth back n forth until its literally worth $0.00

There's no walls high enough for Bitcoin to go to $0
I think double digits are gone for good
Dafar
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

dafar consulting

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 07:44:04 PM

I think we will see $375 and stay around 4xx for a long time though before anything jumps off again.

That is quite possible scenario

That's what I think too.... and hopefully this "long time" is relative to bitcoin (so months to a few years) and not human life (5+ years)

███████████
███████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
███████████████░████░░███████████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░░██████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░███████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████
███████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████
██████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████
██████████
|
|
|
Room101

Activity: 541
Merit: 362

Rules not Rulers

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 11:30:26 PM

Internationally the black market drug trade is worth about $400 billion a year. Darknet markets are growing at over 10% per month apparently. BTC has a price floor of triple digits simply by that alone.

Bitcoin is the greatest form of protest there is. Vote in the only way that really counts: with your money.
oyvinds

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2014, 04:15:55 AM

I am and forever will be long term bullish on Bitcoin.

However, I think it is pretty clear right now that there is ZERO confidence in the markets.

It is pathetic that we cannot even stabilize above $430 after what happened the other day.

Many weak hands are scared and leaving the market.

Scared money doesn't make money, so please let me have more of your cheap coins Smiley

I think we will see $375 and stay around 4xx for a long time though before anything jumps off again.
fewcoins

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2014, 04:53:45 AM

The "wall" is never ending! There will always be more coins to dump into the market!!
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 05:06:26 AM

The "wall" is never ending! There will always be more coins to dump into the market!!
There is infinitely more fiat that can be dumped into the market.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
fewcoins

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2014, 05:46:40 AM

Yes of course, fiat is created a lot faster but NEVER will it be dumped into the bitcoin market....... Think about it, the people who have the most wealth want the dollar to survive NOT BTC
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 08:19:34 AM

Yes of course, fiat is created a lot faster but NEVER will it be dumped into the bitcoin market....... Think about it, the people who have the most wealth want the dollar to survive NOT BTC
That is one opinion. Fiat is made to be dumped. That's why folks gamble. That's why banks gamble on sub prime mortgages. Why not gamble on a sure thing like Bitcoin?

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
mano21 (OP)

Activity: 55

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 02:57:34 PM

I think we will see 2xx before anything else happens.

Are double digit prices possible?
Mellnik

Activity: 242
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 03:02:13 PM

I think we will see 2xx before anything else happens.

Thanks for telling your meaningless opinion.

Are double digit prices possible?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Quantum_Universe
hyphymikey

Activity: 784

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 04:23:38 PM

However, I think it is pretty clear right now that there is ZERO confidence in the markets.

It is pathetic that we cannot even stabilize above $430 after what happened the other day.

Scared money doesn't make money, so please let me have more of your cheap coins Smiley

Im fine with this... more "cheap" coins for me too.

As long as adoption rate continues to climb I am happy. Price is being kept artificially low, wether it be manipulation or loss of faith. After that is done.... we all know what is going to happen.
bababooey

Activity: 14

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 05:28:01 PM

I think we will see price in the $200s this year but no lower than that. Eventually things will turn around, but as to when, that's anyone's guess.
pitham1
Legendary

Activity: 1232

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 07:07:51 AM

As long as adoption rate continues to climb I am happy. Price is being kept artificially low, wether it be manipulation or loss of faith. After that is done.... we all know what is going to happen.

People thought they were getting cheap coins when the price fell to $500. Smiley

lyth0s
Legendary

Activity: 1260

World Class Cryptonaire

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 07:10:52 AM

People thought they were getting cheap coins when the price fell to $500. Smiley

I've bought all the way down and proud of it Cheesy

Coins at $500, $400 and $370's are all better than paying for coins in the $1,000+ range. I have automatic weekly buys, so keep selling me your coins please Cheesy

Monero - Truly Anonymous Digital Cash. Bitcoin Reading List 2017
fewcoins

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2014, 07:37:02 AM

I've bought all the way down and proud of it Cheesy

Coins at $500, $400 and $370's are all better than paying for coins in the $1,000+ range. I have automatic weekly buys, so keep selling me your coins please Cheesy

No problem! More coins every second... literally huge 100BTC blocks on sell order waiting for you to buy more & more & more & more & more & more & more & more & more & more & more & more & more & more & more & more & more & more & more & more & more & more & more & more & more & more & more & more & more & more & more & more & more & more & more & more & more & more & more & more & more & more & more & more & more & more & more & more & more & more & more & more & more & more & more & more & more & more & more & more & more & more & more & more & more & more & more & more & more & more & more & more & more & more & more & more & more & more & more & more & more & more & more & more & more & more & more & more & more & more & more & more & more & more & more & more & more & more & more & more & more & more & more & more & more & more & more & more & more & more & more & more & more & more & more & more & more & more & more & more & more & more & more & more & more & more & more & more & more & more & more & more & more & more & more & more & more & more & more & more & more & more & more & more & more & more & more & more & more & more & more & more & more & more & more & more & more & more & more & more & more & more & more & more & more & more & more & more & more & more & more & more & more & more & more & more & more .......
FNG

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 02:10:00 PM

Bitcoin just needs a spark that gives the world the aha moment for btc as a SoV. A large portion of the world is pretty aware of bitcoin now and on-ramps are opening up all over. The next rise can make all the rest of them look like a small blip on the chart.

I don't know what will set it off but the economics are in the bulls side in the long run.
fewcoins

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2014, 03:01:32 AM

Bitcoin just needs a spark that gives the world the aha moment for btc as a SoV. A large portion of the world is pretty aware of bitcoin now and on-ramps are opening up all over. The next rise can make all the rest of them look like a small blip on the chart.

I don't know what will set it off but the economics are in the bulls side in the long run.

What makes you think that?? Is anyone really supporting bitcoin? Everyone is just using it as a way to get more fiat... How is it a bull market long term when miners will continue to sell every coin they mint? That means unlimited selling pressure... think.
inca
Legendary

Activity: 1176

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 03:06:47 AM

What makes you think that?? Is anyone really supporting bitcoin? Everyone is just using it as a way to get more fiat... How is it a bull market long term when miners will continue to sell every coin they mint? That means unlimited selling pressure... think.

Think you say? First off it is very limited selling pressure, not unlimited - that is the point of digital scarcity.

The selling pressure is halving every two years as the block reward drops. This reward used to be twice as high as now but the price was multiples lower than today. In early 2016 it will half again. Predicting falling prices based upon a decelerating rate of inflation goes against common sense and the long term bitcoin bull market. Your reasoning is suspect.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: