Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 01:49:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Altcoin miners....Are you still mining?  (Read 1665 times)
digitalgrow (OP)

Activity: 704
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 04:10:06 PM

Was wondering if people are still mining altcoins as it seems to have died down last few weeks?

benjamoyne

Activity: 274
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 07:35:06 PM

Yep, just depends which one.

Currently mining Digibyte on the Qubit algo.
SquallLeonhart
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1101

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 02:05:05 AM

Stopped all my mining, paying more electricity compare to what I get... everyone should do the same.. unless you have free electricity..
MaxDZ8

Activity: 672

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 08:29:43 AM

I am an occasional miner.
My PC burns easily 4€/week because I work on it.
With mining, it's perhaps in the range of 6€/week. Of course I keep mining.
user2

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 12:31:49 PM

Was wondering if people are still mining altcoins as it seems to have died down last few weeks?

if altcoin's network has hashrate > 0 someone is mining it.

▒ NOW token ▒ by ChangeNOW ▒ Get the WIN! ▒
ChangeNOW - an instant Non-custodial Exchange Service  (( changenow.io ))
Whitepaper  ▓  Telegram  ▓  Twitter  ▓  Facebook  ▓  Medium  ▓  Reddit  ▓  Bounty Thread
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 01:07:03 PM

the one who are still mining are the one with cheap or zero electricity
SquallLeonhart
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1101

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 01:38:15 PM

a lot of them mine at a loss, I really dont understand why people do that but telling me to secure the network sounds silly to me..
DrSnAzZy

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

VootCoin PR/IRC Admin

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 01:43:14 PM

a lot of them mine at a loss, I really dont understand why people do that but telling me to secure the network sounds silly to me..

It does help secure the network by verifying transactions. When i learned about how BTC really works this video helped everything make sense to me. I am still mining on my 750 ti's using the nicehashcontroltool multi algo setup and if i am making anything it isn't substantial, about .005+ a day for 11 cards total.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lx9zgZCMqXE

Vootcoin!
Amph
Legendary

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 01:59:28 PM
Last edit: September 26, 2014, 06:07:26 PM by Amph

yeah it sounds stupid, but some of them are, maybe rich or they have a good influx of money, they don't care
MisO69
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1005

My mule don't like people laughing

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 02:30:16 PM

yeah it sounds stupid, but some of them maybe rich or they have a good influx of money, they don't care

I mine and hold most of the time, sell when/if the coin goes up. Sometimes I get stuck with bags other times I do really well. Monacoin is a good example. Easy instamine at the beginning, held for a few months and made me quite a bit of BTC. Paid off my 30 GPUs in no time just doing this. Mining for me and probably others has nothing to do with income. I get that with a full time job. Yes its risky but isn't everything when it comes to crypto?

Right now I'm mining Cryptonite at a loss, taking a gamble it will gain momentum in the coming months. I think its a good bet.

I also believe that most coins are scams and now with so many being released its more difficult to gamble on the right ones.
emdje

Activity: 686

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2014, 02:35:32 PM

I still mine as well. I own an A2Mini from Innosilicon so not really much power cost here. Currently I almost exclusively mine BTM, the rest of the time is when people rent my miner to a price I am willing to rent it out for.
zerocashdev

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 04:53:05 PM

I mine a new coin I like to acquire some but don't just mine for making BTC because its very little profit if any.
Amph
Legendary

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 06:08:37 PM

yeah it sounds stupid, but some of them maybe rich or they have a good influx of money, they don't care

I mine and hold most of the time, sell when/if the coin goes up. Sometimes I get stuck with bags other times I do really well. Monacoin is a good example. Easy instamine at the beginning, held for a few months and made me quite a bit of BTC. Paid off my 30 GPUs in no time just doing this. Mining for me and probably others has nothing to do with income. I get that with a full time job. Yes its risky but isn't everything when it comes to crypto?

Right now I'm mining Cryptonite at a loss, taking a gamble it will gain momentum in the coming months. I think its a good bet.

I also believe that most coins are scams and now with so many being released its more difficult to gamble on the right ones.

ah i remember the gold old days with monacoin and friends, those were the profitable days indeed, plenty of easy instamine lmao
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3808
Merit: 1723

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 06:52:14 AM

Yep, just depends which one.

Currently mining Digibyte on the Qubit algo.

How profitable is that exactly?

I assumed Digibyte was on the old Scrypt algo

███████████████████████
███████████████████████
████████▀█▀████████████
████████████████████████
████████████████▀▀██████
████▀▀▀█████████████████
████████████▄▄▄▄███████
█████████████████▄▄▄████
█████████████████▀█████
████████████▀██▀████████
████████████████████████
███████████▄▄█████▄▄█████

███████████████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████▀▀▀
▀▄
▌░░▐▌
█████▄▄█
████████▄
████████▌
███████
███████
██████
██████
█████
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
..Play Now..
[
burnbabyburn71

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 07:04:58 AM

Not as much as before, but these new efficient algos look promising. (smaller electricity bills, cooler temperatures, higher stability meaning less downtime).

I remember x11 was really profitable for me when it first came out. Deephash looks like the next best thing, some big time miners with massive farms are mining it and I assume they know what they're doing. Too bad Deepcoin doesn't seem to be doing too well right now, mining it is not that profitable anymore. But with new coins like this, anything could happen though, hopefully it makes a comeback.

Web Dev | General Graphics Design | Windows/Linux Wallet Compiles | Certified member of the BCs
Undefeatable

Activity: 286
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 08:12:00 AM

Time to sell all the GPU and purchase bitcoin instead. Hoepfully the price increase..

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: