This is really cool that people actually like this whole idea and Mugen actually wrote a working code.
I cannot say if it is working. It works for me
One of the underlining ideas was also the independents from third party products. If you can run Drupal, you can run your own little wallet service.
Soon, if there are multiple sites, we can move this project to next phase. Build some type of user/tip/whatever sharing between . I am just spitballing here but thats how good ideas get started.
This is also what I think. The problem of Litecoin (and still to some extend Bitcoin) is, that it is not available for everybody, or lets say, not everybody can see a use in cryptocoins.
Therefore, I really like the idea of EskimoBob to bring them to drupal (and maybe later to other systems like Wordpress). My goal is to make the installation as simple as possible and, therefore, as a Drupal plugin and not some php-code and the user has to know how to hack code. And the Propster button is simply a different use-case. EskimoBob wants to use this as Karma. For this task we first need a bridge to the litecoind or later to a online wallet for those who cannot run a litecoind. Then we can build services on top. The likecoin button is the first and simplest to do. It is not much code and the concept is very clear, since most of us know about "like" and "+1".
I also have more in mind (list contains repetition):
- Like button, where the user has to pay to say "I like" (therfore the user gives his like not to everything and it can be done anonymously)
- Karma points, to motivate users to participate (can also be used in boards, blogs etc.)
- Anti-Karma: The user will not receive coins for posting, he has to pay. (maybe in connection with Karma, so that a user needs a certain level to start posting. This protects from spamming). Also interesting for something like "ask a expert". To receive a question from a real expert, send some coins.
- In-payment for content: To see content the user has to send some coins. (for example interesting for designers: low resolution for free, high resolution costs some coins. Maybe similar to Anti-karma)
- Drupal has also a real shop plugin. I think I have not to write more, what to do with cryptocoins there
- use the blockchain to proof some content exists since a certain date
Please extend the list, if you have more in mind.
Mugen, I must admit, I have not managed to test it in dev server because they are working on data import problems.
No problem. I find more and more "hooks" to make the integration right into drupal. The current interface for the user is at the wrong place. I am working on it. But this is mainly design