Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 09:41:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: So what is going on with Mt.Gox -> Dwolla.  (Read 6089 times)
DeathAndTaxes (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
May 06, 2012, 11:40:11 PM

Anyone else sees massive delays.

It use to be 1-2 hours, then it turned into a couple hours, then a lot of hours but usually the same day.  My most recent tx was 3 days ago and hasn't shown up in Dwolla.  

Mt.Gox customer support is clueless as usual.  Anyone else having problem?

Hey Mt.Gox here is an idea if you DON'T HAVE THE FUNDS TO ALLOW A DWOLLA WITHDRAWAL ..... DRUMROLL .... DON'T FUCKING OFFER A DWOLLA WITHDRAWAL!

I would rather see "no funds available for Dwolla withdrawal.  Estimated delays 3-5 days" than a "withdrawal" button which does nothing and keeps my funds locked up in limbo.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
aseldon

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 06, 2012, 11:46:36 PM

Same thing with me. I withdrew to Dwolla on the 3rd and have yet to see anything on Dwolla's side. Mt. Gox does show it as confirmed so I'm hoping thats a good sign.
mufa23
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

I'd fight Gandhi.

View Profile
May 07, 2012, 12:02:05 AM

I sent USD from MtGox to Dwolla on the 2nd. Still waiting for it to show up in Dwolla. Not sure if this is a Dwolla problem, or MtGox problem.

Positive rep with: pekv2, AzN1337c0d3r, Vince Torres, underworld07, Chimsley, omegaaf, Bogart, Gleason, SuperTramp, John K. and guitarplinker
drlatino999

Activity: 335
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 07, 2012, 12:38:22 AM

Would be nice to know, I have a scheduled withdrawal happening on the 14th and would like to know the delay.

Sappers clear the way
rjk

Activity: 448

1ngldh

View Profile
May 07, 2012, 12:41:38 AM

It seems that anything in Dwolla that touches MtGox is subject to major delays. I don't know in this case whether the delay is due to lack of funds in MtGox's Dwolla account, or whether Dwolla is purposely delaying things, but I honestly suspect the latter. There have been reports of Dwolla users sending funds to other Dwolla users after withdrawing from MtGox, and being subjected to several day delays, instead of it being instant as usual.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
Littleshop
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2012, 01:52:31 AM

http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/dwolla.com

Dwolla is down for me and everyone else right now.  Sad

Littleshop
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2012, 01:54:19 AM

ok, they are back up. 

Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
May 07, 2012, 01:57:36 AM

It seems that anything in Dwolla that touches MtGox is subject to major delays. I don't know in this case whether the delay is due to lack of funds in MtGox's Dwolla account, or whether Dwolla is purposely delaying things, but I honestly suspect the latter.

The last word on the support announcement:

Update (28/4/2012): Dwolla transfers are still delayed. While any outstanding withdrawals will be processed, transfers will happen at a significantly reduced speed. Any users who are concerned about their withdrawal are encouraged to contact Mt.Gox Support, and if so desired, cancel their withdrawal.

- https://support.mtgox.com/entries/21290798-dwolla-delays

The wording of that (and an earlier status) makes it appear not be that Mt. Gox isn't willing to transfer sufficient cash to Dwolla but that Dwolla has limits as to how much of transfers they are allowed to perform.

There have been reports of Dwolla users sending funds to other Dwolla users after withdrawing from MtGox, and being subjected to several day delays, instead of it being instant as usual.

There was a SINGLE report of that, and that single incident was resolved two days within a week after it was reported.
 - http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=77605.msg869301#msg869301

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

mufa23
Legendary

I'd fight Gandhi.

View Profile
May 07, 2012, 02:42:07 AM

Alright, so let cut to the chase.

I assume we are all in this thread because our money (USD) is currently frozen, right? Lets talk other options from getting money from MtGox to our bank accounts (and vice versa). Does Liberty Reserve do the same thing Dwolla can do? Prices/Fees? Wait time? Is there another proxy we can use until Dwolla is back online?

Positive rep with: pekv2, AzN1337c0d3r, Vince Torres, underworld07, Chimsley, omegaaf, Bogart, Gleason, SuperTramp, John K. and guitarplinker
Yankee (BitInstant)
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000

Charlie 'Van Bitcoin' Shrem

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2012, 03:08:38 AM

Alright, so let cut to the chase.

I assume we are all in this thread because our money (USD) is currently frozen, right? Lets talk other options from getting money from MtGox to our bank accounts (and vice versa). Does Liberty Reserve do the same thing Dwolla can do? Prices/Fees? Wait time? Is there another proxy we can use until Dwolla is back online?

Working on it.

MtGox Dwolla Delays- It's a mixture of them not having enough USD in their American accounts to cover Dwolla / The week long Japanese holiday / Uptake in withdrawals via Dwolla / Dwolla imposing new limits and difficulties for merchants / Not sure what else.

The fact of the matter, right now, withdrawals are still being processed- even if it's taking 2 weeks or so. Hopefully the delays will thin out over the next few weeks.

Bitcoin pioneer. An apostle of Satoshi Nakamoto. A crusader for a new, better, tech-driven society. A dreamer.

More about me: http://CharlieShrem.com
hxtop

Activity: 1071
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 07, 2012, 03:30:43 AM

what going on?
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

View Profile
May 07, 2012, 03:59:34 AM
Last edit: May 07, 2012, 04:29:15 AM by Stephen Gornick

Lets talk other options from getting money from MtGox to our bank accounts (and vice versa).

Here's a thread specifically for those wishing to trade MTGUSD redeemable codes for Dwolla and vice-versa.

- http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=78512.0

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

Yankee (BitInstant)
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000

Charlie 'Van Bitcoin' Shrem

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2012, 04:12:59 AM

Lets talk other options from getting money from MtGox to our bank accounts (and vice versa).

Here's a thread specifically for those wishing to trade MTGUSD redeemable codes for Dwolla and vice-versa.

Hey, you incorrectly quoted me.

Bitcoin pioneer. An apostle of Satoshi Nakamoto. A crusader for a new, better, tech-driven society. A dreamer.

More about me: http://CharlieShrem.com
tgmarks
Donator

Activity: 490

View Profile
May 07, 2012, 04:19:12 AM

I'm in the same boat and this is stinking ridiculous.  Wish I had found this thread earlier.

Stephen Gornick
Legendary

View Profile
May 07, 2012, 04:29:41 AM

Hey, you incorrectly quoted me.

Doh!  Sorry.  Fixed.

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

mufa23
Legendary

I'd fight Gandhi.

View Profile
May 08, 2012, 03:19:13 PM

Just got an email from Dwolla saying that I now have the money in my account. Just signed in, money was there. Just sent it to my Bank.

So I sent the money Friday, didn't show up until Tuesday (5 days, 3 Business Days). It says it should be in my bank by Friday the 11th at 5pm CST.

Anyone else have success?

tgmarks
Donator

Activity: 490

View Profile
May 08, 2012, 03:28:49 PM

Just got an email from Dwolla saying that I now have the money in my account. Just signed in, money was there. Just sent it to my Bank.

So I sent the money Friday, didn't show up until Tuesday (5 days, 3 Business Days). It says it should be in my bank by Friday the 11th at 5pm CST.

Anyone else have success?

Mine was about the same.  I sent it wednesday or thursday and received it on monday.

DeathAndTaxes (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
May 08, 2012, 04:46:12 PM

mufa23 - Sent Friday - Shows Tuesday
tgmarks - Sent Wed/Thur - Shows Monday
D&T - Sent Thursday - Huh No Show

How that hell did that happen?
eleuthria
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1007

View Profile
May 08, 2012, 05:05:30 PM

Requested last Tuesday, arrived Monday.  I'm hoping now that their holiday is over we'll see them catch up a bit better.  A week delay isn't too bad in my case, though there is still the 2 day wait for it to hit my bank account after it gets to Dwolla.

RIP BTC Guild, April 2011 - June 2015
sharky112065

Activity: 383

View Profile
May 08, 2012, 06:21:42 PM

Requested Withdrawal on the 1st (Tuesday) and it is now the 8th (Tuesday). Still no funds Dwolla side yet.  Huh

Donations welcome: 12KaKtrK52iQjPdtsJq7fJ7smC32tXWbWr
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: