Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 08:43:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [GLBSE] BDK.BND (1%/week) *IN DEFAULT*  (Read 17465 times)
Justin00
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 10:30:49 AM

perhaps speak to NBC -  "To catch a scammer"

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Kluge (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
September 13, 2012, 12:49:04 PM

After some deep breaths and sleep, I realized my situation can be somewhere between "infinitely upward" or "infinitely downward" and I'm not really in that terrible of a position. Things'll be tight - I can't buy anymore houses soon, but I'm not at risk of declaring bankruptcy or anything. Effectively having a short position on Bitcoin in the tens of thousands makes me pretty damn nervous, but as long as there aren't any major rallies, I should be fine. It'd be excellent to convert the debt to USD, but nobody seems interested.

I won't lie, though -- there's a fair chance I'm going to be missing some payments between now and when I can buy BDK.BND out 100%, and I sure am going to be taking advantage of panic sellers at the expense of the robotic certainty in my actions I originally sought to foster with BDK.BND. Basically - stick it out with me, and you'll get everything I promise, or dump it into my upcoming discounted bidwalls, and I'll consider it charity. And.... there's obviously a big conflict of interest affecting the tone of my messages (which is why I'd say my writings've looked "bipolar" lately), which I'd call "soft deceit." I'm not really sure what to do about that beside trying to disclose as much, factually, as I can - my current outlook, time schedule to buy back the remaining bonds in one shot, default risk, etc. If I paint a bleak outlook, I'm scamming people by manipulating bond-holders to sell to me at a discount. If I paint a rosy outlook, I'm scamming people by claiming I'm not a scammer (which appears to be more than enough evidence for a conviction in online forums).

For now, I'm taking care of my CD-holders, since they're on fixed-term plans. I have a resume in at the "charity job" I mentioned in another thread requesting a USD loan (I originally didn't want my dad to help me for personal reasons, but sucked it up and realized I was being an asshole). If that falls through, I'll take something part-time, and enjoy collecting a hefty "Earned Income Tax Credit" from the USG. Employment is not essential for buying out BDK.BND bondholders, but it'll certainly accelerate the process, and ideally, remove that feeling of dread which's been pressing hard on my chest.

Just so it's totally clear, if you want to know what to expect and nothing else, just read this: Nothing has fundamentally changed with BDK.BND. Expect weekly dividends. Expect an eventual buyout @ the contractual rate by mid-2013. (Or look into my tone and wonder if I'm a scammer, dump bonds way below face value, and dislike me for the rest of your time -- I don't plan on sticking around in a significant way after I close the accounts, so I don't much give a damn about my reputation, anymore.  Grin )
bitcoinbear

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 13, 2012, 01:02:18 PM

Kludge, Don't be fooled. You can never escape form bitcoin. You may say you are leaving, but it will pull you back. Once you learn about bitcoins there is no turning back, no forgetting. You are part of us now.

CryptoNote needs you! Join the elite merged mining forces right now here in Fantomcoin topic: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=598823.0
Kluge (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
September 13, 2012, 01:28:21 PM

Kludge, Don't be fooled. You can never escape form bitcoin. You may say you are leaving, but it will pull you back. Once you learn about bitcoins there is no turning back, no forgetting. You are part of us now.
Nah - I'm gone. This has totally wrecked myself and my family for a good year - or a bad year, depending on your melodrama preference. Smiley

I still have a couple FPGAs going, and there are a few services around here I like which I can't use USD for - but that's it. I've got my wife, daughter, farm-land, battery-testing equipment, and a likely steady job to keep me busy and satiate my curiosity. I thought I couldn't escape Ron Paul fanaticism either, but haven't read an article about him or his doings in nearly a year, and rarely think about it. Someone, in another thread, asked me how old I am. I'm not sure if that was supposed to be accusatory, or out of genuine curiosity. I've stated it before - a few months ago - in some thread it's deeply buried in now, I suspect. I'm young enough that when Paul ran in 2008, I contributed to his campaign out of lunch/Christmas/birthday money and donated books I bought for essays to "troop bombs" (I hope that wasn't the name, but I don't remember, anymore) where collector/distributors would amass items to send to soldiers overseas. Wink

I have a couple pending business ventures on the side unrelated to finance, which BTC would be well-suited for, but my contacts aren't willing to take the plunge, and I'm not very interested in pushing it, anymore. Still, they're areas in need of innovation, and as long as there're innovative approaches I can study and contribute to, I'll obsess about it until I burn out (or, in this case, get burned badly enough by my actions involved with it), then move on to something else. I figure I have a 50-60 more projects I'll obsess about before I die, but I usually forget everything I learned once I leave something. If someone asks me, in ten years, if I had any early involvement in Bitcoin, I'll give my usual evasive/lazy (though often true) "I don't remember much, anymore" answer, and that's that.
BinaryMage

Activity: 560

Ad astra.

View Profile
September 13, 2012, 04:16:50 PM

I'm sorry to see you go, Kluge. You were an asset to this community and you will be missed. Best of luck in whatever project you choose next.

-- BinaryMage -- | OTC | PGP
Kluge (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
September 17, 2012, 05:38:57 PM

Dividends paid.

Issued: 19728 bonds (1972.8BTC FV)
Interest Payment: (1972.8*.01)=19.728BTC

Next payment date: September 24

ETA: Not that I'm objecting to it, but if anyone thought they were helping me by out-bidding me for BDK.BND - you're wrong. Wink
Kluge (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
September 24, 2012, 01:52:09 PM

Dividends paid.

Issued: 19590 bonds (1959BTC FV)
Interest Payment: (1959*.01)=19.59BTC

Next payment date: October 1

ETA: I'm reversing my position (again) on JRO after a couple more phone calls. I don't really have a statement to make. They're trying. Still scares me a bit, but it seems like they're trying. I'm very confident they aren't scammers. They need a lot of things to come together at this point. If Jered hasn't already, I believe he's planning on making a statement. I don't consider it a write-off anymore, just... dangerous, but also full of potential.

My Internet connection still sucks, and now it's violating ToS. Tethered for Internet with 2 bars of EVDO A. 20-80kbps, but at least it's fairly consistent, good latency - and hey, it's symmetric! Most importantly, I'm not giving money to Hughesnet. They offered to waive the contract and offered me $10/mo off. Maybe it's because I know they're still making good margins on that... but that offended me about as much as the actual service I received (or, more accurately - often did not receive).
Kluge (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
September 30, 2012, 05:44:56 AM

9/30/12

Effective immediately,

I am defaulting on my BDK.BND debt. Beyond this, I will no longer be honoring the contract in the form I originally laid out. I previously intended to empty my non-legal wife's (we personally consider ourselves married, but legally, we are individual and thus have rights we'd otherwise forfeit) 401(k). I obviously did not want to do this, but it became clear it was necessary as I was looking at $200-250/wk interest on this single debt while having been financially raped by loans to various members of the community (No, Pirate is not the primary cause of my distress. Please don't turn this into some Pirate discussion.). After weeks of tha stress, on top of previous stress... heated arguments... -- this is no longer an option. I do not think her response to my actions is unreasonable (she's already effectively lost tens of thousands due to my actions), but this clearly affects my ability to repay within what I'd consider a reasonable time-frame. I currently have a negative net worth excluding my residence which would be protected under a personal bankruptcy filing which I will not pursue unless a suit is formally filed against me. I'd advise against taking action on potential cynicism, and suggest you give me at least a couple months to confirm I am indeed making a decent effort toward repaying what I owe.

I am unable to pay interest on my current BDK.BND debt. It's impossible for me to keep up with that, living expenses, and interest on other debts which are small enough where I can close them - and I apologize, in a sense, for the unfairness of how this is being handled. BDK.BND-holders, who I've always wanted most protected from risk, are now getting the shaft. I cannot subject my wife to more loss, and will be forcing BDK.BND holders to suffer as a result of my unwillingness to liquidate my residence. I apologize for the trust I've violated, the business mismanagement, and this default as a result. If I were unable to compartmentalize, I would be unable to write this. I am truly and deeply sorry. I also apologize for not having the emotional fortitude to prevent what I'm also about to announce: I will not be communicating much, if at all. I will likely not read anything written in this thread beyond this post for months. I just can't handle it when there are many things I need to do to get the situation in order. I will not be responding to phone calls, Skype messages, nor responding to emails. I will not be clarifying what I've written, and will not be responding to questions. I just can't right now, and understand how bad that looks and is. Again, I apologize. I will post an impersonal message each time I make a dividend payment.

All BTC I currently own will go toward BDK.BND payments. These will come in the form of irregular, unannounced dividends -- there will no longer be .001BTC/bond dividends each week. I will never buy BDK.BND back, and that section of the contract can be considered practically void. I can do nothing but assure everyone that I have no intent to make any purchases of BDK.BND units, and will allow them to trade freely on GLBSE as people value them given I have absolutely no information on when, and in what amount, these bonds will be repaid. However, I promise I will repay the debt as it stands, as I'm able. So long as GLBSE is active, I am alive, and earning income, I will continue to make dividend payments on BDK.BND units as a gesture of goodwill (and appreciation for not suing me into bankruptcy) beyond the .101BTC "hard debt" I currently consider as existing. Basically - I will be making larger, more rapid payments until dividends beyond this date reach .101BTC/bond. After that time, I will continue paying irregular dividends in a way which is appropriate for the gratitude I owe, and possible for the amount I need to live. I am unable to provide a repayment schedule or dividend schedule. Essentially - I'm giving what I can without forcing an unreasonable amount of loss (beyond what I've currently caused) onto my non-legal wife, and I naively hope everyone trusts me to be doing exactly what I'm saying I will. I'll provide instructions in my will to give an update (with death certificate) on this forum in the event of my death. Though things have been pretty shit lately, I am not at all suicidal -- just gave the info in that last sentence as an FYI.

-Ben

(Additionally... Someone may remember I recently posted assets/liabilities on my side. This included many of my non-legal wife's assets. The CU/bank assets have been largely emptied to repay CD-holders and my mother, who fronted us money to purchase this house [I've since defaulted on that loan, too, after a partial repayment so I could repay CD-holders]. There is still one outstanding CD-holder who has been excessively generous in providing me time to repay.)

(Many individuals have my home address [NOT the Spring Arbor address. That is a family member's house. DO NOT release that address.]. I would prefer my home address not be released publicly, but would also not consider public release of that information unwarranted. If you are coming for a visit, I would like at least a voice message a day or two prior. Harm toward family's off-limits, and I would physically object to bodily harm which may result in my stay in a hospital, as that'd further impede repayment. I am armed, so please keep ideas of physical violence in check.)
burnside
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1004

Lead Blockchain Developer

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2012, 09:42:52 AM

Ugh.

I wish you the best as you try to repair the family bonds.  Money has a nasty way of destroying relationships if you're not careful.  Do not let it.

DeaDTerra
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1064

View Profile
September 30, 2012, 03:14:52 PM

9/30/12

Effective immediately,

I am defaulting on my BDK.BND debt. Beyond this, I will no longer be honoring the contract in the form I originally laid out. I previously intended to empty my non-legal wife's (we personally consider ourselves married, but legally, we are individual and thus have rights we'd otherwise forfeit) 401(k). I obviously did not want to do this, but it became clear it was necessary as I was looking at $200-250/wk interest on this single debt while having been financially raped by loans to various members of the community (No, Pirate is not the primary cause of my distress. Please don't turn this into some Pirate discussion.). After weeks of tha stress, on top of previous stress... heated arguments... -- this is no longer an option. I do not think her response to my actions is unreasonable (she's already effectively lost tens of thousands due to my actions), but this clearly affects my ability to repay within what I'd consider a reasonable time-frame. I currently have a negative net worth excluding my residence which would be protected under a personal bankruptcy filing which I will not pursue unless a suit is formally filed against me. I'd advise against taking action on potential cynicism, and suggest you give me at least a couple months to confirm I am indeed making a decent effort toward repaying what I owe.

I am unable to pay interest on my current BDK.BND debt. It's impossible for me to keep up with that, living expenses, and interest on other debts which are small enough where I can close them - and I apologize, in a sense, for the unfairness of how this is being handled. BDK.BND-holders, who I've always wanted most protected from risk, are now getting the shaft. I cannot subject my wife to more loss, and will be forcing BDK.BND holders to suffer as a result of my unwillingness to liquidate my residence. I apologize for the trust I've violated, the business mismanagement, and this default as a result. If I were unable to compartmentalize, I would be unable to write this. I am truly and deeply sorry. I also apologize for not having the emotional fortitude to prevent what I'm also about to announce: I will not be communicating much, if at all. I will likely not read anything written in this thread beyond this post for months. I just can't handle it when there are many things I need to do to get the situation in order. I will not be responding to phone calls, Skype messages, nor responding to emails. I will not be clarifying what I've written, and will not be responding to questions. I just can't right now, and understand how bad that looks and is. Again, I apologize. I will post an impersonal message each time I make a dividend payment.

All BTC I currently own will go toward BDK.BND payments. These will come in the form of irregular, unannounced dividends -- there will no longer be .001BTC/bond dividends each week. I will never buy BDK.BND back, and that section of the contract can be considered practically void. I can do nothing but assure everyone that I have no intent to make any purchases of BDK.BND units, and will allow them to trade freely on GLBSE as people value them given I have absolutely no information on when, and in what amount, these bonds will be repaid. However, I promise I will repay the debt as it stands, as I'm able. So long as GLBSE is active, I am alive, and earning income, I will continue to make dividend payments on BDK.BND units as a gesture of goodwill (and appreciation for not suing me into bankruptcy) beyond the .101BTC "hard debt" I currently consider as existing. Basically - I will be making larger, more rapid payments until dividends beyond this date reach .101BTC/bond. After that time, I will continue paying irregular dividends in a way which is appropriate for the gratitude I owe, and possible for the amount I need to live. I am unable to provide a repayment schedule or dividend schedule. Essentially - I'm giving what I can without forcing an unreasonable amount of loss (beyond what I've currently caused) onto my non-legal wife, and I naively hope everyone trusts me to be doing exactly what I'm saying I will. I'll provide instructions in my will to give an update (with death certificate) on this forum in the event of my death. Though things have been pretty shit lately, I am not at all suicidal -- just gave the info in that last sentence as an FYI.

-Ben

(Additionally... Someone may remember I recently posted assets/liabilities on my side. This included many of my non-legal wife's assets. The CU/bank assets have been largely emptied to repay CD-holders and my mother, who fronted us money to purchase this house [I've since defaulted on that loan, too, after a partial repayment so I could repay CD-holders]. There is still one outstanding CD-holder who has been excessively generous in providing me time to repay.)

(Many individuals have my home address [NOT the Spring Arbor address. That is a family member's house. DO NOT release that address.]. I would prefer my home address not be released publicly, but would also not consider public release of that information unwarranted. If you are coming for a visit, I would like at least a voice message a day or two prior. Harm toward family's off-limits, and I would physically object to bodily harm which may result in my stay in a hospital, as that'd further impede repayment. I am armed, so please keep ideas of physical violence in check.)
I wish you the very best. I hope you can solve your family and financial situation Smiley
I still consider you one of the best and nicest lenders/community member that I have meet.
At least you have the balls to default in the way a default is suppose to be.

I think there's a great lesson the community can learn from this, never guarantee rates. It's not viable long term, things changes.
//DeaDTerra
bitcoinbear

View Profile
September 30, 2012, 07:12:10 PM

Would you consider paying a smaller weekly amount and/or trying to buy back the shares at market prices?

It would have been nice if there was a way to clear out the order book when making such an announcement so people with orders up do not get screwed.

CryptoNote needs you! Join the elite merged mining forces right now here in Fantomcoin topic: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=598823.0
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
September 30, 2012, 09:28:34 PM

9/30/12

Effective immediately,

-Ben

Did I tell you you have no business pretending like you're in BTC finance? You need to listen more.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
Rygon

Activity: 520

View Profile
October 01, 2012, 08:18:08 PM

Well, at least he was honest? The only hope of him paying back those loans 100% is if he seriously values his reputation here. IMO, the best chance of redeeming any money is to consolidate the loans into the hands of a few individuals and work out a settlement for pennies on the dollar.
bitcoinbear

View Profile
October 01, 2012, 08:51:13 PM

How about you release a new bond, with a much lower, more sustainable interest rate, like 0.1% weekly, and use the sales of such to buy back this bond? You could also offer to trade shares 1:1 from the old bond to the new bond?

Kluge (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
October 02, 2012, 06:04:22 AM
Last edit: October 02, 2012, 07:02:53 AM by Kluge

10/2/12

Dividend Paid (will be after it hits GLBSE account in ~2h). 1 payment date has passed since last dividend.

Bonds Issued: 19590
"Hard Debt": (19590*.101)= 1978.59BTC
Dividend Payment: 173.59BTC
"Hard Debt" Remaining: (1978.59-173.59)= 1805BTC
Current "Soft Debt" Remaining: (((1959*1.01)+(1959*.01))-(173.59))= 1824.59BTC
Current bond value @ "lock in" rate (this is the amount I claim I am liable for assuming interest does not accumulate after the date I announced default): 0.092139BTC/bond
Current bond value @ "compounded" rate (this is the amount I claim I am liable for assuming interest DOES accumulate after the date I announced default): 0.093139BTC/bond

In the event that I catch up with "soft debt," I will stop paying on BDK.BND debt. So, in that sense, it would be wise to assume it is decreasing in fundamental value with each payment unless you think I'll be unable to ever pay this off, in which case, you could theorize on it increasing or decreasing in "real" value.

ETA: Revised "Soft Debt." Since dividend was made on 10/2 instead of 10/1, I should be liable for compounding interest BEFORE the dividend, not after.

ETA2: At 5/8 confs. Just an FYI - I decided I should at least post each Monday to release the new "Soft Debt" number, and show I'm still alive and aware of what's going on.

ETA3: Dividend has gone out. I've updated OP with critical information. (@GLBSE: ELEVEN confs before a credit, now?! Yeesh!)
greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
October 02, 2012, 10:13:28 AM

I am armed, so please keep ideas of physical violence in check.

Why is/are this/these weapon(s) not sold yet to pay back your creditors?
flower1024
Legendary

Activity: 1428

View Profile
October 02, 2012, 10:15:54 AM

maybe if he sold them, all his other assets gets "stolen" by his first visitor Wink

...couldnt resist...
greyhawk

View Profile
October 02, 2012, 10:17:42 AM

maybe if he sold them, all his other assets gets "stolen" by his first visitor Wink

...couldnt resist...

What other assets?

There's more to sell?

Why is it not sold yet?
flower1024
Legendary

Activity: 1428

View Profile
October 02, 2012, 10:19:26 AM

...couldnt resist...

What other assets?

There's more to sell?

Why is it not sold yet?

afaik he considers his wife as an asset
but anyway: i think we dont have a choice and need to wait.
greyhawk

View Profile
October 02, 2012, 10:28:25 AM

...couldnt resist...

What other assets?

There's more to sell?

Why is it not sold yet?

afaik he considers his wife as an asset
but anyway: i think we dont have a choice and need to wait.

I will need pictures before I make a purchase decision.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: