Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 03:34:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bounty 20 BTC: Wi-Fi Hotspot, enabled by bitcoin  (Read 27459 times)
marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2347

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
June 28, 2016, 12:01:57 AM

We have started a presale and crowd funding campaign for a new bitcoin product, The BEWP: Bitcoin Enabled WIFI Portal. BEWP is software configured as a router for Raspberry Pi 3 and other Linux based mini-computers to serve Wi-Fi through a bitcoin pay wall. Using popular bitcoin wallets, such as CoPay, consumers can use bitcoin to get past the Wi-Fi captive portal and establish an Internet connection.

The limited edition plug-and-play prototype is available through Purse.io as well as our Bitcoin Starter page where we offer a few price points to help support the project with a preorder of the final product or an early prototype to help us beta test the various features we have planned.

We just wrapped up deploying the BEWP at the 13th annual Porcupine Freedom festival and provide great WIFI coverage in the remote white mountains of New Hampshire.

Learn more at our Bitcoin Starter page or below is a link to an article just published by Bitcoin.com

https://bitcoinstarter.com/projects/bewp-bitcoin-enabled-wifi-portal/

https://news.bitcoin.com/meet-bewp-bitcoin-enabled-wifi/

good work guys.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nikola.marconi

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 16, 2016, 01:49:54 AM

it's similar idea.. but have been researching; peer to peer/decentralized virtual network, SDN.. now just for wire for test/research, but wireless is part of it since traffics needs to be flush down to internet anyway, land/wire.. is this something still interested or looking for?
Sukrim
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1006

View Profile
October 16, 2016, 08:46:18 PM

Even years later: I'm interested in what is described in the post(s) here - a WiFi (WLAN) hotspot with native Bitcoin payments for traffic/time enabled. How about starting with this instead of fancier SDN solutions?

https://www.coinlend.org <-- automated lending at various exchanges.
https://www.bitfinex.com <-- Trade BTC for other currencies and vice versa.
nikola.marconi

View Profile
October 16, 2016, 09:10:30 PM

Even years later: I'm interested in what is described in the post(s) here - a WiFi (WLAN) hotspot with native Bitcoin payments for traffic/time enabled. How about starting with this instead of fancier SDN solutions?
right, SDK/SDN comes later, just saying since in order to do much more later current exiting network logic/technique in hw needs to be out/extracted and move toward more software defined on modern generic computing hardware, not expensive enterprise hw.. which gives flexibility/scaleability and will allow to create mesh/stable network, everyone's network/internet. also please take a look, my post on https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1650067.0 this research's one of focus is wireless connectives fair sharing with fair anonymity with security.
Decoded
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1029

give me your cryptos

View Profile
October 16, 2016, 09:39:09 PM

Technically you could just use an existing 4G portable hotspot device, then pay for the mobile plan using a bitcoin debit card, or if there's enough demand, the distributor will start accepting bitcoin straight.

looking for a signature campaign, dm me for that
nikola.marconi

View Profile
October 16, 2016, 09:55:24 PM

Technically you could just use an existing 4G portable hotspot device, then pay for the mobile plan using a bitcoin debit card, or if there's enough demand, the distributor will start accepting bitcoin straight.
what do you think about like idea on wireless/wifi as like electricity/on-demand or pay as you go Smiley and another question brings, it's still centralized structures and under surveillance with any existing infra. and always security is concern with incoming more future wireless devices and bots and I think this area still wildwest and solvable.. also goods for everyone in global if peers can share internet resources fairly, securely. probably it's more efficient for everyone for internet access and information/knowledge sharing..
Mitchell
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 2185

Verified awesomeness ✔

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2017, 08:31:08 AM

Locked because of necro-posts. OP contact me if you want me to unlock it.

Duelbits
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀