Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 09:40:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why bitcoin prices are always very unstable  (Read 10424 times)
joris

Activity: 141
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 11:55:40 AM

Bitcoin price is always so strange, two days ago also once close to $390, Paypal a message about Paypal  made the price get up to $460, Then slowly decline. This lets the human mind is always anxious ah, buy or sell it ?Next, the price is up is down?No one can give correct answers.

The rally is real on good news, but there are still more miners selling than speculators buying.
Speculators can only buy so much bitcoin. What we need to see happen is more people buying bitcoin that will actually use bitcoin to stimulate the bitcoin economy. If we only have speculators buy bitcoin then they will eventually wish to sell causing the price to decline

Speculators can only buy have so much bitcoin fiat. And for every seller, there's a buyer.

;-)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Srbotones

Activity: 391
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 11:57:33 AM

Miners sells, in case that they sell their entire production are only 3600BTC / day
jamescameron2312

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 02:10:56 PM

Because most people invested in Bitcoins are whales and big time miners that sell and buy constantly.
a447513372

Activity: 336

DLISK - Next Generation Coin

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 07:31:47 AM

Bitcoin price is always so strange, two days ago also once close to $390, Paypal a message about Paypal  made the price get up to $460, Then slowly decline. This lets the human mind is always anxious ah, buy or sell it ?Next, the price is up is down?No one can give correct answers.

The rally is real on good news, but there are still more miners selling than speculators buying.
Speculators can only buy so much bitcoin. What we need to see happen is more people buying bitcoin that will actually use bitcoin to stimulate the bitcoin economy. If we only have speculators buy bitcoin then they will eventually wish to sell causing the price to decline

Speculators can only buy have so much bitcoin fiat. And for every seller, there's a buyer.
There are more speculators with a lot of fiat then there are speculators with bitcoin. However if the only reason a speculator were to buy bitcoin is because they hope other speculators would buy more at a later time is really just a form of a ponzi. The reason that speculators are buying needs to be that they hope that 'normal' people are going to buy bitcoin in order to use it if they are to be successful

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
           ▄▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄
       ▄▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄▄
     ▄████▀ ▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀ ▄▄▀▀      ████  ▀▀▄▄ ▀▀███▄
  ████ ▄███████████████      ▀█  ████
 ███▀ ▄██████████████████      █  ▀███
▄███            ████ ████      ▀█ ███▄
███ ▄█           ████  ████      █▄ ███
███            ████   ████       █ ███
███ ▀█          ████  ████       █▀ ███
▀▀▀▀           █████████       ▄█ ███▀
 ██████████████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀ ▄███
  ██████████████████████████████████
    ▄▄▄▄  ▀▄▄       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀████▀
     ▀████▄ ▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀ ▄████▀
       ▀▀██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀▀

████                ▄████
    ████████████████                ████   ▄▄███████████████          ▄█████▀
   ██████████████████               ██▀▀ ██████████████████        ▄█████▀
             ▀████████             ███ ████▀                    ▄█████▀
             ▄█████████            ██▀ ███▀                  ▄█████▀
             ████ ▀████           ███ ████▄               ▄█████▀
             ████  ████           ███▄ ██████████████▀ ▄█████▀
            ████  ▄████           ████  ▀████████████▄ ▀█████▄
            ████ ▄████           ████               ▀██▄  █████▄
            ████████▀            ████               ▄████   █████▄
           ███████▀            ███▀              ▄█████▀     █████▄
 ██████████████████████████████ ███ ▄█████████████████▀         █████▄
█████████████▀▀▀██████████████ ▄██ ▄████████████████▀             █████▄

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
topman21
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1056

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 03:05:31 PM

I think it is because bitcoin have a lot of traders and bitcoin is a magnet which can give more peoples interesting with it.

██▄     ▄▄░
▀██▄ ▄██▀
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
████▀                   ▀████
████       ▄▄█████▄▄  ▀▄   ████
████      ▄██████████▄▀    ████
████      ████████▀▀       ████
████  ▄▀ ▄██▀▀▀   ▄██      ████
████   ▀▀     ▄▄███▀       ████
████▄                   ▄████
▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
SECONDLIVE
CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS
                           Twitter       Telegram      Medium      YouTube      Discord        TikTok         GitHub               
        ▄▄███████▄▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
   ████████████████████▄
  ███████▀▀▀█████████████
 ██████▌     ▀████████████
███████▀ ▀▀▄▄██▀▀▀█████████
██████             ▀███████
██████▄             ███████
 ███████▄▄        ▄███████
  ███████████▄▄▄▄█████████
   ▀███████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀▀
   ██████████████████████
xcapator

Activity: 322
Merit: 252

Here I Am !!

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 03:24:28 PM

because it's not distributed right, and there is plenty of manipulations going on, on each exchange

Agreed, this is obviously whale manipulation, and if I had the kinda btc they had I would do the same thing. But remember, they are making money off you, and at some point of their choosing they will pump BTC sky high

Whales manipulating the price down? what do you mean? this naturally happens when large holders sell, no manipulation found. I can just see all the trolls here that dumped under $400 and all yelling floor and crash... the desperation screams BTC rise. BTC continues to impress me in new ways I can never explain

yrask

Activity: 153

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 03:44:07 PM

Price of bitcoin is very unstable because there are many manipulator (early adopters) which can play with price of bitcoin in easy way. Anyway, I'm sure that in future if there will be some regulation from an authority we can stay relaxed  Smiley

xinxi

Activity: 28

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2014, 04:00:23 PM

Volatility may not be that bad as you trade volatility as well. Using options, you can sell or buy volatility. If you are interested, you can have a look at my new platform https://coinut.com
CryptoCarmen

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

★Bitin.io★ - Instant Exchange

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 04:48:26 PM

Price of bitcoin is very unstable because there are many manipulator (early adopters) which can play with price of bitcoin in easy way. Anyway, I'm sure that in future if there will be some regulation from an authority we can stay relaxed  Smiley

Are you serious?

Only way is that much more users start using BTC, and then one guys actions will not push price up or down.
cutesakura

Activity: 158

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 05:23:07 PM

for now this bitcoin prices have started to slowly rise, although slowly but surely, this is most likely because many bitcoin demand in the market, and sell bitcoin is happening in Russia has stopped, due to the prohibition of possession of bitcoin in Russia ...  Tongue
braum

Activity: 42

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 06:20:46 PM

we must ask satoshi  Smiley

i just called him, and he said it`ll go to $1,000 soon.
SpiderLegion

Activity: 15

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 02:06:05 AM

Because the price isn't regulated by a central authority like the government, so Bitcoin is worth purely what other people make it out to be.  It's pretty much just supply and demand, where even medium sized orders will affect the price of BTC to a degree.
CryptoCarmen

Activity: 84

★Bitin.io★ - Instant Exchange

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 12:55:43 PM

we must ask satoshi  Smiley

i just called him, and he said it`ll go to $1,000 soon.

he can only make it go to $1, he cant make it go to $1000
youngwallst

Activity: 14

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 02:48:39 PM

Bitcoin price is always so strange, two days ago also once close to $390, Paypal a message about Paypal  made the price get up to $460, Then slowly decline. This lets the human mind is always anxious ah, buy or sell it ?Next, the price is up is down?No one can give correct answers.

I personally think that corporations that are accepting need to turn it over back into fiat (because thats how they ultimately look at their bottom lines), miners needing to cover their costs, various reports of very early adopters converting large sums, & regulatory uncertainty is the reason for the extreme volatility. If you're bullish bitcoin, this shouldn't matter much. Considering bitcoin went parabolic last year, this type of retrace amid the black swans that I just mentioned is natural. From a technical standpoint you'd be a bit concerned maybe in the near term, possibly. Real price expansion will happen once we work thru alot of transitory variables (most mentioned above) and more mainstream aggregate demand occurs along with merchant adoption to support the supply/demand imbalances we are seeing being reflected in price as volatility. Hope that helps!
xinxi

Activity: 28

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2014, 04:06:54 PM

I guess China has contributed a lot to the volatility. There are many irrational traders. They get panic or ecstatic quite often.
51percemt

Activity: 86

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 04:13:15 AM

Bitcoin price is always so strange, two days ago also once close to $390, Paypal a message about Paypal  made the price get up to $460, Then slowly decline. This lets the human mind is always anxious ah, buy or sell it ?Next, the price is up is down?No one can give correct answers.

I personally think that corporations that are accepting need to turn it over back into fiat (because thats how they ultimately look at their bottom lines), miners needing to cover their costs, various reports of very early adopters converting large sums, & regulatory uncertainty is the reason for the extreme volatility. If you're bullish bitcoin, this shouldn't matter much. Considering bitcoin went parabolic last year, this type of retrace amid the black swans that I just mentioned is natural. From a technical standpoint you'd be a bit concerned maybe in the near term, possibly. Real price expansion will happen once we work thru alot of transitory variables (most mentioned above) and more mainstream aggregate demand occurs along with merchant adoption to support the supply/demand imbalances we are seeing being reflected in price as volatility. Hope that helps!
Corporations need to convert their bitcion back to fiat because they have nothing to do with it. Corporations are not investment vehicles and will generally not hold an asset for an investment (except extremely safe ones like US treasuries) unless it relates directly to their business (for example a warehouse or their inventory). Until we see more B2B bitcoin transactions corporations will continue to sell their bitcoin quickly (likely causing large spikes in supply), however as we see more b2b transactions this will slow down and eventually stop
youngwallst

Activity: 14

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 04:38:21 PM

Corporations need to convert their bitcion back to fiat because they have nothing to do with it. Corporations are not investment vehicles and will generally not hold an asset for an investment (except extremely safe ones like US treasuries) unless it relates directly to their business (for example a warehouse or their inventory). Until we see more B2B bitcoin transactions corporations will continue to sell their bitcoin quickly (likely causing large spikes in supply), however as we see more b2b transactions this will slow down and eventually stop

While I understand the point you're trying to make, it's moot because OP asked what factors were dropping price and creating volatility. As Im sure you already know, when sell orders are larger than buy orders it creates downward pressure on price... As far as the corps having lack of desire to conduct B2B transactions in Bitcoin, I agree until we see larger willingness from said corps to utilize their btc in a way that supports price, it will continue to be volatile.
DhaniBoy

Activity: 280

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 05:38:34 PM

it is because a lot of selling going on bitcoin in Russia, this is because his existing laws that prohibit possession of bitcoin in Russia, it makes the holder bitcoin bitcoin in Russia to sell to the market, so stock bitcoin abundant in the market, and as a result of law if the stock market an abundance of goods, then the selling price of the item will be dropped ...  Cry

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Gallah

Activity: 18

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 04:36:54 AM

it is because a lot of selling going on bitcoin in Russia, this is because his existing laws that prohibit possession of bitcoin in Russia, it makes the holder bitcoin bitcoin in Russia to sell to the market, so stock bitcoin abundant in the market, and as a result of law if the stock market an abundance of goods, then the selling price of the item will be dropped ...  Cry

But the price is going UP

Russians selling all their BTC should be pushing the price DOWN.
redHeadBlunder

Activity: 81

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 05:44:48 AM

While I understand the point you're trying to make, it's moot because OP asked what factors were dropping price and creating volatility. As Im sure you already know, when sell orders are larger than buy orders it creates downward pressure on price... As far as the corps having lack of desire to conduct B2B transactions in Bitcoin, I agree until we see larger willingness from said corps to utilize their btc in a way that supports price, it will continue to be volatile.
Part of the selling pressure is because of large merchants selling the bitcoin they receive from their customers. If they were to engage in b2b transactions then this selling pressure would be reduced
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: