Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 02:16:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The Worlds First Sudo-Anonymous Poker Tournament ?  (Read 16366 times)
BitcoinFX (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1701

https://youtu.be/DsAVx0u9Cw4 ... Dr. WHO < KLF

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2010, 05:19:07 AM
Last edit: March 11, 2010, 05:41:28 AM by BitcoinFX
Merited by LoyceV (6)

I enjoy playing online poker ( Texas Holdem ) and so I've decided to run a tournament with Bitcoins ! No 'real' money will change hands. We are playing for electric bottle tops only. Grin I don't encourage gambling and this will probably be a 'one-off' event for fun. Poker is a skill game anyway, like chess Grin

Introducing...

The 1st ( and only ? ) Bitcoin Forum - Online Poker Challenge Event.

" The Worlds First Sudo-Anonymous Poker Tournament ? "

A Password Protected - Private Game using the Free Open Source - PokerTH - http://www.pokerth.net/

Sat. 20th March 2010 at 3pm ET

50 Bitcoins + 5 Bitcoins Buyin | 1000 Bitcoins added to the Prize pool | 10-Max Table

10,000 Starting Chips, 10 Starting Blinds, Blinds will double every 10 hands !

4 places will be paid. 1st 750 Bitcoins, 2nd 375 Bitcoins, 3rd 250 Bitcoins, 4th 125 Bitcoins ( based on 10 players )

I will be playing and hosting the game and providing the 1000 Bitcoin added prize pool. You are trying to win my Bitcoins ! Cheesy

So, we need another 9 forum members to participate. Entries will be on a first come, first served basis.

Please PM me with your Bitcoin address and a random 'username'. I will then PM you my Bitcoin address to send the 55 Bitcoin entry fee, you will then receive the password for the game lobby.

If a player is a 'no show' or their are less than 5 players, actual players and / or opponents will be 'made up' of computer opponents. Any Bitcoin prize that a 'computer' player should win will be equally divided by the number of actual registered players and equally returned to each participant.

Please download the free pokerTH software to get used to the client. You can also practice against the computer. We will use the 'default' IRC / server and Lobby. You can work out how to connect it through Tor if you want to remain anonymous.

Bitcoin.org or the Bitcube will be advertised in the game lobby whilst we are playing !  Cool

If their is not enough interest or participants I will consider canceling or changing the date / time.

Thank you.

BitcoinFX.

"Bitcoin OG" 1JXFXUBGs2ZtEDAQMdZ3tkCKo38nT2XSEp | Bitcoin logo™ Enforcer? | Bitcoin is BTC | CSW is NOT Satoshi Nakamoto | I Mine BTC, LTC, ZEC, XMR and GAP | BTC on Tor addnodes Project | Media enquiries : Wu Ming | Enjoy The Money Machine | "You cannot compete with Open Source" and "Cryptography != Banana" | BSV and BCH are COUNTERFEIT.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
DannyM

Activity: 275
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 11, 2010, 01:24:48 PM

This is a great idea, thanks for putting it together. I don't know how to play TH though. maybe I will join anyway.
BitcoinFX (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2010, 09:41:57 PM

You can familiarize yourself with the game, rules, probability and hand rankings etc. http://wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_poker_hands

The free open source software 'PokerTH' also has a built in 'chance-o-meter'

You can change your username in 'settings'

In a 10-Max game starting 'playable' hands would probably be:

AA   KK   QQ   JJ   TT   99   88   77   66   55   44   33   22

A9s A8s A7s A6s A5s A4s A3s A2s

AKs AKo AQs AQo AJs AJo ATs ATo

KQs KQo KJs KJo KTs KTo K9s

QJs QJo QTs QTo

JTs JTo

T9s

98s

87s

Any hand with an Ace can be good if you 'hit' on the board. Suited starting hands are always better than off-suit. Low ranking suited connectors can be worth playing sometimes i.e. 76s 54s.

It is better to play few hands in an 'aggressive' fashion. The game is often referred to as 'Texas Fold'em'.

However, its not the winning, but the taking part that counts. Just a fun opportunity to use our Bitcoins.

"Bitcoin OG" 1JXFXUBGs2ZtEDAQMdZ3tkCKo38nT2XSEp | Bitcoin logo™ Enforcer? | Bitcoin is BTC | CSW is NOT Satoshi Nakamoto | I Mine BTC, LTC, ZEC, XMR and GAP | BTC on Tor addnodes Project | Media enquiries : Wu Ming | Enjoy The Money Machine | "You cannot compete with Open Source" and "Cryptography != Banana" | BSV and BCH are COUNTERFEIT.
BitcoinFX (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2010, 03:08:07 PM

OK we have 3 players (hopefully) including myself.

This is taking place this Sat. 20th March 2010 at 3pm ET.

We need a minimum of 5 players.

Anyone else ?

You could always register as an intentional 'no show' and hope that the computer replacement opponents beat all the human players ! Cheesy Bitcoins FTW

riX

Activity: 326
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 18, 2010, 08:25:33 PM

I'm in.
Come on now everybody, do something with all those bitcoins you've been collecting.

Sorry, I can't help you with your lost password.

PGP key: 0x9F31802C79642F25
dwdollar

Activity: 202
Merit: 109

GCC - Global cryptocurrency

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2010, 07:03:50 AM

Sure, I'll play and lose some. Grin

BitcoinFX (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2010, 03:09:59 PM

Thanks dwdollar. P.S. I will get around to registering on your Bitcoin Market this weekend.

OK all I will PM the pokerTH lobby password and my Bitcoin address for the entry fee in a hope that we get a few more players.

Remember that the game will not appear in the lobby before I log in to create it ! Around 15 mins before the start time i.e. no pre-registration is required.

Please PM me back when you have sent the 55 bitcoin entry fee with your 'username' and a bitcoin address for any winnings !

Thanks.

dwdollar

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2010, 11:31:05 PM

I sent you the Bitcoins and a PM, but I'm not sure if you got the PM.  Nothing is showing up in my outbox.  Is anyone else having this problem?

theymos
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5152
Merit: 12580

View Profile
March 20, 2010, 12:50:28 AM

Nothing's saved to your outbox unless you select the "save to outbox" option. This can be changed in the settings.

I will be participating in the tournament. You'll probably all slaughter me, though.  Smiley

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD
dwdollar

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2010, 01:47:25 AM

Nothing's saved to your outbox unless you select the "save to outbox" option. This can be changed in the settings.

Oh I see it now, thanks.

BitcoinFX (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2010, 09:51:48 PM

The "Worlds First Sudo-Anonymous Online Poker Tourament" was played with much success. Everyone expressed their enjoyment and we discussed the possibility of holding further event(s) A big thank you to those who took part and to those who expressed interest, but were not able to participate.

Congratulations to our winner dwdollar !!!

Total Prize Pool 1200 bitcoins (4 'real' players)

1st - dwdollar - 600 BTC

2nd - theymos - 325 BTC

3rd - BitcoinFX - 175 BTC

4th - Computer6

5th - Computer5

6th - Computer3

7th - Computer2

8th - DannyM - 100 BTC

9th - Computer4

10th - Computer1

As there were only 4 'real' players and 3 of us finished in the top 3, we agreed that instead of doing a 4 way split on the 4th place prize (won by Computer6), that DannyM should receive the entire 4th place prize.

It was a very unlucky hand DannyM Wink

dwdollar was 'un-stopable' for most of the Tourney after taking out 3 computer players in one hand and gaining a monster chip lead.

RIVER [board cards 2h,Kh,Jd,Tc,9h]
Computer3 has [ 6d,Kd] - One Pair, Kings
Computer5 has [ 8d,Js] - One Pair, Jacks
Computer6 has [ Td,Jc] - Two Pairs, Jacks and Tens
dwdollar has [ Jh,Ks] - Two Pairs, Kings and Jacks

dwdollar wins $80150 <<<
Computer3 sits out
Computer5 sits out
Computer6 sits out

I'm about to send out the Bitcoin 'winnings', so please confirm that you have received them.

Cool

theymos
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5152
Merit: 12580

View Profile
March 20, 2010, 10:09:11 PM

Received. Thanks!

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD
DannyM

Activity: 275

View Profile
March 20, 2010, 11:52:15 PM

Received thanks. We'll do it again.
hugolp
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

Radix-The Decentralized Finance Protocol

View Profile
May 08, 2010, 12:45:53 PM

Is this going to happen again?

If you organize something again I would participate.

▄████████▄
               ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
              ██▀
             ███
▄▄▄▄▄       ███
██████     ███
    ▀██▄  ▄██
     ▀██▄▄██▀
       ████▀
        ▀█▀
The Radix DeFi Protocol is
R A D I X

███████████████████████████████████

The Decentralized

Finance Protocol
Scalable
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██                   ██
██                   ██
████████████████     ██
██            ██     ██
██            ██     ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄      ██     ██
██▀▀▀▀██      ██     ██
██    ██      ██     
██    ██      ██
███████████████████████

███
Secure
      ▄▄▄▄▄
    █████████
   ██▀     ▀██
  ███       ███

▄▄███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██             ██
██             ██
██             ██
██             ██
██             ██
██    ███████████

███
Community Driven
      ▄█   ▄▄
      ██ ██████▄▄
      ▀▀▄█▀   ▀▀██▄
     ▄▄ ██       ▀███▄▄██
    ██ ██▀          ▀▀██▀
    ██ ██▄            ██
   ██ ██████▄▄       ██▀
  ▄██       ▀██▄     ██
  ██▀         ▀███▄▄██▀
 ▄██             ▀▀▀▀
 ██▀
▄██
▄▄
██
███▄
▀███▄
 ▀███▄
  ▀████
    ████
     ████▄
      ▀███▄
       ▀███▄
        ▀████
          ███
           ██
           ▀▀

███
Radix is using our significant technology
innovations to be the first layer 1 protocol
specifically built to serve the rapidly growing DeFi.
Radix is the future of DeFi
█████████████████████████████████████

▄▄█████
  ▄████▀▀▀
  █████
█████████▀
▀▀█████▀▀
  ████
  ████
  ████

Facebook

███

▄▄
       ▄▄▄█████
  ▄▄▄███▀▀▄███
▀▀███▀ ▄██████
    █ ███████
     ██▀▀▀███
           ▀▀

Telegram

███

▄      ▄███▄▄
██▄▄▄ ██████▀
████████████
 ██████████▀
   ███████▀
 ▄█████▀▀

Twitter

██████

...Get Tokens...
Xunie

Activity: 132
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 18, 2010, 08:16:16 PM

Is this going to happen again?

If you organize something again I would participate.

I would too.
Maybe I should host one, (I wont play myself, to avoid "scamming" claims), anyone interested?

Ignore this: 734d417914faa443d74e8205f639dfb0f79fdc44988ecae44db31e5636525afe

Caffeinism -- a toxic condition caused by excessive ingestion of coffee and other caffeine-containing beverage.
BitcoinFX (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2010, 02:51:03 PM

If you are hosting the 'private' game on pokerTH then you have to play in it. PokerTH uses a RNG just like any 'real' online poker software, so it's completely fair anyway.

As I hosted the last one and now that we have more fellow 'Bitcoiners' I would be more than happy to host another one ? I suggest the same format as the previous one ( so that newcomers can get used to it ) i.e. 55 Bitcoin entry fee and I will provide an additional 1000 Bitcoins for the prize pool.

So, how about Sat. 29th of May 2010 at 3PM ET ? Please send me a PM if you would be interested in playing in this 2nd tournament.

Thanks.

BitcoinFX.

melvster

Activity: 350

View Profile
July 21, 2010, 05:31:59 PM

Any more pokerth action goin on ... ? Smiley
FreeMoney
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1014

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2010, 06:54:05 PM

If someone organizes, I'm in for any stakes.

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
melvster

Activity: 350

View Profile
July 21, 2010, 07:34:09 PM

If someone organizes, I'm in for any stakes.

Im in ... small stakes to start with please Smiley

Would be nice to make this regular?
Quantumplation

Activity: 308

View Profile
July 21, 2010, 08:56:05 PM

By the way, it's "pseudo" rather than "sudo".

sudo Change the title and I'll delete this post.

ByteCoin

Fix'd.

NOTE: This account was compromised from 2017 to 2021.  I'm in the process of deleting posts not made by me.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: