Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 09:04:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Why does this forum...  (Read 1688 times)
PwrLeveld (OP)

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

Computta Mine Your Own BTC

View Profile
May 11, 2011, 11:48:34 PM

Why does ie tell me bitcoins.org has an invalid srcurity certificate whenever I use a secure(https://)/ encrypted connection? Is this truly a bad certificate or an ie glitch.

Dear GOD/GODS and/or MEMBERS OF SUPER-INTELLIGENT ALIEN CIVILIZATIONS: Please let CHAUL JHIN KIM win the NEW ZEALAND POWERBALL JACKPOT. He will use the money to set up his own RESEARCH LAB and find the CURES for CANCER and AGING! He will release the CURES into the PUBLIC DOMAIN! (a la Jonas Salk) EVERYONE regardless of wealth will no longer need to SUFFER! CHILDHOOD CANCER will also be HISTORY! Thank you! - A Faithful Believer. P.S. If anyone is reading this then please pray with me!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Herodes

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 11, 2011, 11:51:18 PM

Probably because owner of site will not shell out a large amount of money to have that message go away. As I understand it, any site can use https, but only those who pay some substantional amount become "officially recognized" by browsers because their certificate will be issued by a "trusted entity" whereas the certificate at bitcoin.org is selfmade. Somebody please correct me if this should not be correct.
xf2_org

Activity: 98
Merit: 13

View Profile
May 11, 2011, 11:51:24 PM

Why does ie tell me bitcoins.org has an invalid srcurity certificate whenever I use a secure(https://)/ encrypted connection? Is this truly a bad certificate or an ie glitch.

Neither.  It is a self-signed certificate.

These are perfectly valid, but simply do not establish a chain of trust from one of the CA's listed in your browser.

PwrLeveld (OP)

View Profile
May 12, 2011, 12:07:07 AM

Oh, ok that makes sense.

Dear GOD/GODS and/or MEMBERS OF SUPER-INTELLIGENT ALIEN CIVILIZATIONS: Please let CHAUL JHIN KIM win the NEW ZEALAND POWERBALL JACKPOT. He will use the money to set up his own RESEARCH LAB and find the CURES for CANCER and AGING! He will release the CURES into the PUBLIC DOMAIN! (a la Jonas Salk) EVERYONE regardless of wealth will no longer need to SUFFER! CHILDHOOD CANCER will also be HISTORY! Thank you! - A Faithful Believer. P.S. If anyone is reading this then please pray with me!
TehZomB

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 12, 2011, 12:11:22 AM

Perhaps the owner could get a free one from StartSSL? It works in most modern browsers in my experience, and is included in the Windows root since Vista iirc.
PwrLeveld (OP)

View Profile
May 12, 2011, 12:13:50 AM

Ya, I saw something about that once. I think it should be changed because it is anoying everytime I hit a link it comes up.

Herodes

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 12, 2011, 12:48:01 AM

Ya, I saw something about that once. I think it should be changed because it is anoying everytime I hit a link it comes up.

Would there be possible to make an exception for it? Firefox can do this, you do it once for every site in question.
PwrLeveld (OP)

View Profile
May 12, 2011, 12:53:50 AM

Yes it is possible, however wevery time I completly wipe all the temp files it seems to revert back.

wumpus

Activity: 812
Merit: 1022

No Maps for These Territories

View Profile
May 12, 2011, 05:48:24 AM

Agreed, this should be fixed. See also my HTTPS thread here in Meta.

Bitcoin Core developer [PGP] Warning: For most, coin loss is a larger risk than coin theft. A disk can die any time. Regularly back up your wallet through FileBackup Wallet to an external storage or the (encrypted!) cloud. Use a separate offline wallet for storing larger amounts.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: