Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 01:21:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ★ Digitalcoin(DGC) Discussion & Info thread - Organic Growth since May 2013! ★  (Read 9638 times)
Tsquared

Activity: 500
Merit: 501

http://digitalcoin.org/

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2014, 02:55:13 PM

Thanks for taking an interest, ideally we need to secure the hashrate indefinitely.. we'll see. I was hoping to start a discourse over merged-mining/PoS but of course the thread gets derailed..

bump, i guess. If you're reading this thread, post something!

I little side topic is okay cosmoo. This didn't get completely derailed.

Considering the current wealth distribution, and all personal interest aside, I don't think a move toward PoS would be viewed favorably. 

That said, i would think that adequate hashrate across the three algorithms is very important. I'm curious to know why the switch to multi algorithms will impact the hashrate.

Low hashrate should be fixed when you do your switch. If you still need hash after that, I may be able to drum up a stupid high amount of X11 hash for you, at least for a little bit.

Very decent of you Wolf0. I assume that the possibility of applying X11 hash comes from a desire to help out, and this is admirable. Let me ask...  from your perspective, would it make sense to dedicate a modest amount of hash on a permanent basis? If so or not, what would be the driving factor to encourage folks to do so?  Is this going to be based strictly on the market value of Digitalcoin, or would other considerations apply?

TT
cosmoo (OP)

Activity: 729
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 01:27:30 PM

There's nothing wrong with proof-of-stake as long as it's implemented slowly over a period of time, PPC is the best PoS coin out in my opinion. You keep PoW rewards to ensure distribution of coins; the weakness of PoS are bagholders that hold more that 50% of the supply. By keeping PoW the foremost method of distribution you circumvent that weakness of PoS.

Really, DGC wouldn't be pure PoS until maybe a decade after its implementation.

Merged-mining is a safer route to take initially, assuming we don't get the hash we hope for in this next update.
cosmoo (OP)

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 06:51:22 PM

bump... cmon i thought bitcointalk was the largest coin forum. speak up ya'll.
robinwilliams

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 07:00:29 PM

bcx is drinking his troubles away as he watches his wealth dissapear into bitcoins decline Cheesy

too busy to destroy other peoples coins  Roll Eyes
cosmoo (OP)

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 07:19:27 PM

Since you asked, The DGC Foundation could answer the following.

1. Does the foundation believe the story of the theft? Ref: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=514689.0
2. Will the DGC Foundation work with Baritus in the future?
3. If he wanted to be part of the foundation, is than an option for him?
4. Does the DGC want Digitalcoin to succeed?

~BCX~

Those are questions for the Foundation, this thread is just for discussing DGC and how it can be improved.

Besides, you're impossible to talk to BCX. You're completely ignoring the logical points I'm making against your claims, it's pointless to continue discourse with you. I will not aid your campaign to defame a legitimate altcoin.
Hilux74
Legendary

Activity: 912
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 07:22:39 PM

Not very many people give a rats ass about DGC anymore since Baritus failed to deliver on his claims time after time.  It will take something big and creative from the new foundation to make people notice it again.  And in my opinion the changes i have seen discussed like changing block reward (again) and changing algo seem more like changes of desperation than changes of innovation..
samson
Legendary

Activity: 2097
Merit: 1070

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 07:22:45 PM

Self moderated threads to keep the trolls out.
samson
Legendary

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 07:23:38 PM

Not very many people give a rats ass about DGC anymore since Baritus failed to deliver on his claims time after time.  It will take something big and creative from the new foundation to make people notice it again.  And in my opinion the changes i have seen discussed like changing block reward (again) and changing algo seem more like changes of desperation than changes of innovation..

Maybe DGC's not for you ?
cosmoo (OP)

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 07:34:07 PM

That's true, but obsessing over one mans development to be the sole fuel for a cryptocurrency's market is absurd, especially when all the active altcoin markets are either the super early adopters (LTC, PPC) or the results of rampant manipulation. Regardless of the initial dev's lack of 'promotional development' DGC has always been a coin with decent standing, there is plenty potential for it to be utilized and that's what the current foundation is trying to achieve. To be blunt, there is continued interest in DGC so there's still good chance something can be achieved with it.

The current price on DGC is an attractive entry point for newcomers, hence this thread. We're not trying to paint ourselves as the next 'solution' in cryptocurrency, plainly WYSIWYG.
Hilux74
Legendary

Activity: 912
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 08:36:48 PM

Great response that furthers the discussion immensely.  Title of the thread is 'DGC discussion' not 'DGC fanboy wank only'.  Maybe you can't understand criticism from someone who mined DGC from Day1.  With the suggestions I have seen you support then DGC will be for nobody soon enough.

Cosmoo asked why not many posts in this thread...my answer was genuine...there are ~500 altcoins and people go from pump to dump to pump to dump with attention spans of days.  DGC hasn't done anything YET to create any attention from either new investors/miners nor has it done anything to win back its original fanbase that left after becoming disheartened that Baritus was just another scam dev like most of the rest. 

How many people have posted in the Elephant Coin (ELP) thread this week?  Most likely noone because out of sight out of mind.  You may have not even known about ELP...just like many people do not know of DGC because it just hasn't been newsworthy.  Actually the fact that BCX is after both Monero and DGC is the ONLY thing that might get you noticed these days (until you actually release real 3.0 news) and is likely going to bring you the most new faces.  You should thank him for the continued attention.   Grin

Do something other than the hints that something is 'coming soon' and you might get some interest. 
TinEye

Activity: 639
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 09:00:06 PM

DGC's only for anybody who managed to get a few at the lowest. It will just keep floundering in the lower levels before becoming completely irrelevant.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                                                                   ▄█████████                  ██████
                                                                   ███    ███                 ██   ██
         ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████    ██████████████████████   ████████▀
        ██            ▄█          █▄                 █▄          ███            █▄          █        ▄██▀
       ██            ██           ███                ██   ▄▄▄▄▄  ███            ██   ▄▄▄▄▄  ██   █████▀
       ██   █████    ██   ████   ████   ██     ██    ██   ▀▀▀▀   ██    ██████   ██   ▀▀▀▀   ██   ████▀
      ██    █████   ██    ████   ████   ██     ██   ██          ███   ██████   ██          ██   ████▀
      ██            ██           ███   ███    ███   ██    ▀▀▀▀▀▀███            ██    ▀▀▀▀▀▀██   ▀▀▀████
      ███           ██▄            █   ██     ██    ██▄          █             ▀█▄          ██      ███
       █████████   ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
      ██           ██
    ██▀           ███
  ████████████████▀
samson
Legendary

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 09:05:46 PM

DGC's only for anybody who managed to get a few at the lowest. It will just keep floundering in the lower levels before becoming completely irrelevant.

The price was $0.006 per coin earlier today, that's the lowest I remember seeing it at any time in at least a year.
TinEye

Activity: 639
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 09:17:49 PM

The price was $0.006 per coin earlier today, that's the lowest I remember seeing it at any time in at least a year.

I was talking BTC price.

If I remember correctly, it was almost $1 at some point? Thats got to hurt.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                                                                   ▄█████████                  ██████
                                                                   ███    ███                 ██   ██
         ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████    ██████████████████████   ████████▀
        ██            ▄█          █▄                 █▄          ███            █▄          █        ▄██▀
       ██            ██           ███                ██   ▄▄▄▄▄  ███            ██   ▄▄▄▄▄  ██   █████▀
       ██   █████    ██   ████   ████   ██     ██    ██   ▀▀▀▀   ██    ██████   ██   ▀▀▀▀   ██   ████▀
      ██    █████   ██    ████   ████   ██     ██   ██          ███   ██████   ██          ██   ████▀
      ██            ██           ███   ███    ███   ██    ▀▀▀▀▀▀███            ██    ▀▀▀▀▀▀██   ▀▀▀████
      ███           ██▄            █   ██     ██    ██▄          █             ▀█▄          ██      ███
       █████████   ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
      ██           ██
    ██▀           ███
  ████████████████▀
samson
Legendary

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 09:23:02 PM

I was talking BTC price.

If I remember correctly, it was almost $1 at some point? Thats got to hurt.

Yes, Bitcoin used to be $1 each but it was a long time ago Grin
cosmoo (OP)

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 02:33:07 AM

It was 80 cents briefly, really no different that what's usual in altcoin markets. Now we're back at a penny, 150k-200k market cap, the foundation alone probably accounts for that much so it's pretty much guaranteed DGC won't be falling below 1500 sats.
kenel

Activity: 578
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 02:03:34 AM

So how about some real discusssion on DGC 3.0

What will be better?

~BCX~

BCX, we're working on quite a few things both on the coin itself as well as creating an actual market where the coins can be spent on things other than exchanges for bitcoin/other alt coins.

I'll let the guys in the foundation that are much more technical than I respond to this with those technical aspects...but.....a question for you....

We're open to positive ideas from anyone that would like to contribute as we're still in development....Do you have any suggestions for us?
cosmoo (OP)

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 02:41:39 PM
Last edit: October 07, 2014, 03:54:20 PM by cosmoo

I still think merge-mining with a slow turn towards PoS is the way to go, we can always change the algorithms later on should ASICs get developed for them.

I'd like to get a public opinion on how difficult it may be to change the client if merge-mining is implemented; so long as we're not locking ourselves down we can change whatever we need as time passes. It might be nice to increase the rewards later on too, if the coin gets popular enough it'd provide incentive for people to go along with the update.
vipgelsi
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 03:44:09 AM

these forums suck

This was and still is a good coin and also one of my first i purchased. I sold all my digital coins months ago but i still keep this on my radar. Hopefully they can get there act together the current dev.
cosmoo (OP)

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 03:13:51 PM

these forums suck

This was and still is a good coin and also one of my first i purchased. I sold all my digital coins months ago but i still keep this on my radar. Hopefully they can get there act together the current dev.

Thanks for posting! The devs have a working port of the multi-algo swap, a windows executable has to be built and then hopefully we can get a public testnet up sooner or later. Right now believe it or not both the active devs are on vacation, Ahmed_ is in vegas with kenel for the hashers united conference.

Anyway I'm not a dev I just talk to them occasionally, so take what I say with a grain of salt.

Signing on IRC is the best way to know wtf is happening at the very moment
Come talk to us! This channel has never been completely dead, though make sure to wait at least 15 minutes after chatting for a response as is the nature of IRC.
Rawdawg-

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 08:42:00 PM

Looking good, glad I have been buying more!
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: