Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 12:38:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ★ Digitalcoin(DGC) Discussion & Info thread - Organic Growth since May 2013! ★  (Read 9638 times)
cosmoo (OP)

Activity: 729
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 01:23:22 AM

I know everyone else in the DGC community is sick of hearing me say this but I think implementing PoS would be a good move, if we kept PoW rewards for the next decade or so there'd be nothing scammy about it. It seems to be structurally sound, and would definitely give incentive for people to keep interest in holding the coin.
Tsquared

Activity: 500
Merit: 501

http://digitalcoin.org/

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2014, 04:57:46 AM

PoS is sound, and might be worth considering, but the only conversion to PoS that I've personally followed was rubycoin and that didn't go so well. Perhaps something we could try with Argentum? In fact, with Argentum's higher capacity for data storage in blocks, it would be an ideal coin for samson's work in that area.

With Digitalcoin, I don't think we can reconsider our decisions all the way back to that level. We need to move forward as planned and release Digitalcoin 3.0 in early December and move forward with other projects beyond the technical specifications of the coin.

TT
cosmoo (OP)

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 09:51:47 PM

well if it were something to implement we could do it whenever, going full PoS would have to happen after many years. But it seems to be the trend even among altcoins that aren't pump n dumps.
cosmoo (OP)

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 03:42:07 AM

bump
Hilux74
Legendary

Activity: 912
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 04:40:08 AM

bump
Maybe its time to rekindle the DGC vs WDC rivalry.  That might liven things up around here.

WDC is for sissies!
Tsquared

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2014, 01:16:48 PM

bump
Maybe its time to rekindle the DGC vs WDC rivalry.  That might liven things up around here.

WDC is for sissies!

It's a shame, but you're right, it seems like drama, insults, and arguements, is what gets attention around here. There were so many critics and haters, and a lot of activity. Now that there's nothing to criticize or complain about, they've all gone to troll elsewhere it seems.

TT
cosmoo (OP)

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 01:27:28 AM

what can ya do! fwiw worldcoin has been acting sketchy lately, it has 4x the number of coins minted as DGC yet the price is about the same. has more volume too.

DGC lacks marketing, maybe we should do a PR stunt or something silly.
Tsquared

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2014, 01:31:43 PM

There will be much to promote shortly.

Been watching the progress on V3 and what's really impressive is the way ahmed, xawksow, and samson work together. These guys have amazing talent individually, but what's really beautiful is the way their talents compliment each other's. I really think the V3 release is going to be something special, but more importantly, that's just the beginning!

TT
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: