September 28, 2014, 02:20:12 PM
Last edit: October 01, 2014, 06:21:48 PM by ocminer

suprnova pools - reliable mining pools - #suprnova on freenet
https://www.suprnova.cc - FOLLOW us @ Twitter ! twitter.com/SuprnovaPools

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
zhongzy

Activity: 546
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 02:25:16 PM

dont play this game anymore  , all altcoins are scam ,include btc .
yes ,that's right .
shimlbit
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 02:34:44 PM

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

6btc for open source Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

really funny this OPAL dev team Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

hahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahaha

i think the bagholder should move on Smiley

they are more busy to safe their "non copyrights" for this open source and try to earn btc than developing opal..

wow rebrand of onyx only new name nothing else...

The community will be more funny from day to day...
God Donut

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 02:38:38 PM

is there any good reason to clone Carsens coins? Why not pick any other coin that is doing great?
ocminer (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1240

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2014, 02:50:26 PM

is there any good reason to clone Carsens coins? Why not pick any other coin that is doing great?

Bagholders are often reviving his clones..  This was not the First

God Donut

Activity: 168

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 03:02:45 PM

why would they want to do that? its like putting a red flag on a coin that says "its most likely a scam"
Normandoyle

Activity: 154

meow

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2014, 03:04:39 PM

I'm not here to spread FUD, but it's easy to spot a scamcoin:

1. Coin based on an already-existing property that isn't backed by that property

example: HTMLcoin has nothing to do with HTML.

2. Coins that obviously have no market potential

example: HeisenbergHex? Quietcoin? Sexcoin? No market potential besides SXC which already failed. TITcoin dominates the Sex crypto market.

ONLY INVEST IN COINS THAT ARE BACKED BY A COMMODITY!

The extremely sad thing is that most shitcoin devs don't even know they developed a shitcoin.
They will try to make their shitcoin popular by spamming exchanges and forums with fake accounts and paying shills.
Eventually they're realize that they have developed a meaningless shitcoin with a bunch of worthless hype.
Eventually they'll realize they've wasted a bunch of time marketing nothing.

Scotcoin is backed by the Scottish community.
CannabisCoin and Cannacoin are backed by medical marijuana.
URO is backed by Urea.
DOGE is backed by the community that loves Doge. Doge is a meme, but it's proven to be worthy.
Guldencoin is backed by the Nederlands. Enough said!

Coins that aren't even worth 1 satoshi are to be ignored.
Coins that have to be relaunched are to be ignored.
This is not FUD, it's the truth.
ocminer (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2014, 03:09:37 PM

why would they want to do that? its like putting a red flag on a coin that says "its most likely a scam"

That's my opinion too and I would NEVER EVER invest in a" revived" coin which already was a obvious scam but my thinking is that some people probably invested so much in the coin that they rather invest one more btc in creating a New "hype"  around the coin to get rid of some of the earlier bought coins...

sdersdf3

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 03:10:48 PM

As the Opal Thread is self moderated and they are deleting my posts; here a slight overview:

Opal was Onyx first. Onyx was a (cloned) coin by Carsen which dumped his pre-mine right after it hit an exchange.

Some guys, probably bagholders, picked up the coin in the name of the "Community" and tried to revamp it under OPAL.

They made a lot of empty promises, until today and if you look at the bittrex market it has like 1.5 BTC volume and not much going on there. There was a dump when it hit bittrex right at the start and since then not much goes on.. When you look at their "Roadmap" its nothing special at all (and hey, they seem to had the inspiration for their ideas from other coins too ;-))- you better go for an icecream instead of buying some of that - but that's just my opinion Smiley

Now some other devs "cloned" Opal and "rebranded" it as OrthoCoin.. They made up a ICO/IPO, put together some graphics (which were also "cloned" ;-)) and as soon as they went live - a massive FUD'ing campain from the Opal "Dev's" started wanting them to pay 6 BTC for "usage rights" of their property:

Proof:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=788907.msg8994660#msg8994660
(you get much more from this thread if you look at the pages 9,10,11)

So they actually clone a clone of a clone (Coin before Carsen -> Carsen -> Opal) and then want money if someone does the next clone ?!

Ok the Ortho guys probably should have made own GFX's and stuff but don't FUD their whole thread for "copying" a coin..

Guys this is the thing about open source.. If you release anything under open source - especially in Cryptoworld it WILL get "re-used".. If you have anything special DON'T RELEASE THE SOURCE - It's as easy as that.

Just my 2 cents..  I'm NOT with the OrthoTeam I also don't encourage you to invest anything into Ortho - I just want to open your eyes about the "clone-wars" and that FUD campaign.

How do you propose that coins that do have something special protect their code - dont people shy away from close source?
ocminer (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2014, 03:22:44 PM

As the Opal Thread is self moderated and they are deleting my posts; here a slight overview:

Opal was Onyx first. Onyx was a (cloned) coin by Carsen which dumped his pre-mine right after it hit an exchange.

Some guys, probably bagholders, picked up the coin in the name of the "Community" and tried to revamp it under OPAL.

They made a lot of empty promises, until today and if you look at the bittrex market it has like 1.5 BTC volume and not much going on there. There was a dump when it hit bittrex right at the start and since then not much goes on.. When you look at their "Roadmap" its nothing special at all (and hey, they seem to had the inspiration for their ideas from other coins too ;-))- you better go for an icecream instead of buying some of that - but that's just my opinion Smiley

Now some other devs "cloned" Opal and "rebranded" it as OrthoCoin.. They made up a ICO/IPO, put together some graphics (which were also "cloned" ;-)) and as soon as they went live - a massive FUD'ing campain from the Opal "Dev's" started wanting them to pay 6 BTC for "usage rights" of their property:

Proof:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=788907.msg8994660#msg8994660
(you get much more from this thread if you look at the pages 9,10,11)

So they actually clone a clone of a clone (Coin before Carsen -> Carsen -> Opal) and then want money if someone does the next clone ?!

Ok the Ortho guys probably should have made own GFX's and stuff but don't FUD their whole thread for "copying" a coin..

Guys this is the thing about open source.. If you release anything under open source - especially in Cryptoworld it WILL get "re-used".. If you have anything special DON'T RELEASE THE SOURCE - It's as easy as that.

Just my 2 cents..  I'm NOT with the OrthoTeam I also don't encourage you to invest anything into Ortho - I just want to open your eyes about the "clone-wars" and that FUD campaign.

How do you propose that coins that do have something special protect their code - dont people shy away from close source?

I would stay away...  But some smaller Portions of some good coins are closed source too if i remember correctly..  Xc and dark? Not sure though

Normandoyle

Activity: 154

meow

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2014, 04:18:35 PM

I'm not here to spread FUD, but it's easy to spot a scamcoin:

1. Coin based on an already-existing property that isn't backed by that property

example: HTMLcoin has nothing to do with HTML.

2. Coins that obviously have no market potential

example: HeisenbergHex? Quietcoin? Sexcoin? No market potential besides SXC which already failed. TITcoin dominates the Sex crypto market.

The extremely sad thing is that most shitcoin devs don't even know they developed a shitcoin.
They will try to make their shitcoin popular by spamming exchanges and forums with fake accounts and paying shills.
Eventually they're realize that they have developed a meaningless shitcoin with a bunch of worthless hype.
Eventually they'll realize they've wasted a bunch of time marketing nothing.

CannabisCoin and Cannacoin are backed by medical marijuana.
URO is backed by Urea.
DOGE is backed by the community that loves Doge. Doge is a meme, but it's proven to be worthy.

Coins that aren't even worth 1 satoshi are to be ignored.
Coins that have to be relaunched are to be ignored.
This is not FUD, it's the truth.

Grin
sucksyd

Activity: 238

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 05:11:12 PM

That's my opinion too and I would NEVER EVER invest in a" revived" coin which already was a obvious scam but my thinking is that some people probably invested so much in the coin that they rather invest one more btc in creating a New "hype"  around the coin to get rid of some of the earlier bought coins...
really amazing ,old coins are dead and reviving the is nothing but a scam
Danz0r77

Activity: 574
Merit: 504

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 05:48:58 PM

Wrong. One post was deleted because it was spammy, insulting and non-relevant.

Wrong. Opal is a rebrand of OnyxV2 - a totally separate coin to the original Carsen scam.

Wrong. Every promise we've made so far has been met - and even exceeded. Our roadmap is slightly outdated now as, in fact, it is just about complete. We are now working on new features and will release the updated roadmap ASAP.

Partly true - the Ortho stuff. There was no massive "FUD'ing campain" from the Opal dev's. The 6BTC thing was a (bad) joke that got way out of hand.

Wrong. As explained above.

You're right on that one!

Just my 2 cents..  I'm NOT with the OrthoTeam I also don't encourage you to invest anything into Ortho - I just want to open your eyes about the "clone-wars" and that FUD campaign.

You're not involved with Ortho... apart from your pool. This whole thread seems like you got angry because you're not going to make as much from your pool as you would have if the truth hadn't been aired.

Anyway, I've said my piece. I won't be responding any further to your lies.

ocminer (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2014, 05:58:04 PM

Lol dude, you should stop using this thread as another (required)  ad for your coin.

I am not angry at all and I never was as many know me for a long time. As you said by yourself your coin is a clone..  Oh sorry "rebranding" of a carsen coin, you should not throw with stones when you are sitting in the glass house Wink

Atomicat
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 06:12:33 PM

Auroracoin is backed by Iceland!
Spaincoin is backed by Spain!
Isracoin is backed by Israel!

Oh wait... I'll come back to those but I'm sure that they're all fine....

Oh well. 

URO is backed by Urea wishful thinking!  (Worked for Tinkerbell!)

Oh wait, devs of most obvious scam ever split leaving dust hanging in the air.

ocminer (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2014, 08:59:50 PM

I've been contacted by the (friendly) devs of Opal and had a decent talk with them, we both apologized for some "overreactions" and came to the conclusion that both coins can co-exist in a friendly way side by side and that FUD - in any way - should stop, especially under coin devs.

I apologize for any statements that might have hurt someone or some coin - surely some damage has been made for both sides - time will tell which will be more successful, i wish both coins and their devs all the best.

Thanks

oc

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: