Bitcoin Forum
December 10, 2016, 09:03:54 AM *
News: To be able to use the next phase of the beta forum software, please ensure that your email address is correct/functional.

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: how long to get a namecoin block with p2pool? maybe I'm doing something wrong?  (Read 1663 times)
mdude77
Legendary

Activity: 1358

View Profile
May 08, 2012, 12:39:18 PM

I setup my own p2pool about a week ago with namecoin merged sharing.  As far as I can tell, it's all working right.  I got the entire chain of namecoins, namecoind is running, server=1, daemon=1 in the .conf file, I'm using --merged in the start of p2pool.  I'm not seeing any regular errors, but so far no namecoin blocks.  I'm running about 2.2m/h.

Every so often I do see one of these in my p2pool log.  This is the last one, so it's been 2 days:

2012-05-06 17:19:53.943000 > Failure: twisted.internet.defer.TimeoutError: Getting http://127.0.0.1:8336 took longer than 5 seconds.

Do I just need to be patient?

Thanks.

MMinerMonitor author, monitor/auto/schedule reboots/alerts/remote/MobileMiner for Ants and Spondoolies! Latest (5.2). MPoolMonitor author, monitor stats/workers for most pools, global BTC stats (current/nxt diff/USD val/hashrate/calc)! Latest (v4.2) 
Buyer beware of Bitmain hardware and services.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1092

Will read PM's. Have more time lately

View Profile
May 08, 2012, 01:15:58 PM

I setup my own p2pool about a week ago with namecoin merged sharing.  As far as I can tell, it's all working right.  I got the entire chain of namecoins, namecoind is running, server=1, daemon=1 in the .conf file, I'm using --merged in the start of p2pool.  I'm not seeing any regular errors, but so far no namecoin blocks.  I'm running about 2.2m/h.

Every so often I do see one of these in my p2pool log.  This is the last one, so it's been 2 days:

2012-05-06 17:19:53.943000 > Failure: twisted.internet.defer.TimeoutError: Getting http://127.0.0.1:8336 took longer than 5 seconds.

Thanks.

I don't know much about p2pool, but if you're running about 2.2m/h you'll need approx 14765 days 8 hours 50 min to generate a 50 NMC block. See:http://dot-bit.org/tools/namecoinCalculator.php?difficulty=653462.74505562&hashrate=2200

My BTC Tip Jar: 1Pgvfy19uwtYe5o9dg3zZsAjgCPt3XZqz9 , GPG ID: B3AAEEB0 ,OTC ID: johnthedong
Escrow service is available on a case by case basis! (PM Me to verify I'm the escrow!)

mdude77
Legendary

View Profile
May 08, 2012, 01:38:45 PM

Looks like I have a few years to go then.

Guess I'll play with getting p2pool to point to one of the namecoin pools.

Thanks.

Thanks.

I don't know much about p2pool, but if you're running about 2.2m/h you'll need approx 14765 days 8 hours 50 min to generate a 50 NMC block. See:http://dot-bit.org/tools/namecoinCalculator.php?difficulty=653462.74505562&hashrate=2200

MMinerMonitor author, monitor/auto/schedule reboots/alerts/remote/MobileMiner for Ants and Spondoolies! Latest (5.2). MPoolMonitor author, monitor stats/workers for most pools, global BTC stats (current/nxt diff/USD val/hashrate/calc)! Latest (v4.2) 
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218

Gerald Davis

View Profile
May 08, 2012, 01:58:06 PM

You can't get p2pool to point towards a different pool.

You may want to try p2mining.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=66202.0

It will reduce the VARAINCE but your avg reward won't increase.

You do understand the gross value of 2.2 MH/s is <$0.01 per day (including both full profit from BTC & NMC) and that is before pool fees, tx fees, exchange fees, electrical cost, and wear and tear on your computer.
mdude77
Legendary

View Profile
May 08, 2012, 04:08:05 PM

You can't get p2pool to point towards a different pool.

You may want to try p2mining.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=66202.0

It will reduce the VARAINCE but your avg reward won't increase.

You do understand the gross value of 2.2 MH/s is <$0.01 per day (including both full profit from BTC & NMC) and that is before pool fees, tx fees, exchange fees, electrical cost, and wear and tear on your computer.

I think I mis-stated.  2200 isn't mh, it's 2.2GH/s.

I mined 3 btc yesterday.

Tittiez

Activity: 686

View Profile
May 08, 2012, 07:38:20 PM

I mined 3 btc yesterday.

It will take you approx 2 Weeks per NMC block, but of course variance and luck are key. You could wait months for a block, or you may mine 10 in a day, who knows.

I would still recommend P2PMining.com, Lower variance + Merged Mining (Namecoin, Devcoin, i0coin, ixcoin) + Your still supporting P2Pool.
mdude77
Legendary

View Profile
May 08, 2012, 11:30:24 PM

Is it not still centralized?  which means susceptible to ddos?

I might switch to it, with my own as backup.

I mined 3 btc yesterday.

It will take you approx 2 Weeks per NMC block, but of course variance and luck are key. You could wait months for a block, or you may mine 10 in a day, who knows.

I would still recommend P2PMining.com, Lower variance + Merged Mining (Namecoin, Devcoin, i0coin, ixcoin) + Your still supporting P2Pool.

mdude77
Legendary

View Profile
May 09, 2012, 01:36:23 AM

I joined p2pmining.com.  Should put me at #2 on the miners list.

I'm confused about the merged mining though.  How do I get the namecoins, as the address I provided is a bitcoin address, not a namecoin address?  I'm going to do some searching..

[EDIT]

Found it.  There's a register link...

I think I mis-stated.  2200 isn't mh, it's 2.2GH/s.

I mined 3 btc yesterday.

Tittiez

Activity: 686

View Profile
May 09, 2012, 02:18:20 AM

Is it not still centralized?  which means susceptible to ddos?

I might switch to it, with my own as backup.

Technically yes, but just have a backup pool such as your own p2pool or another p2pool node.

I joined p2pmining.com.  Should put me at #2 on the miners list.

I'm confused about the merged mining though.  How do I get the namecoins, as the address I provided is a bitcoin address, not a namecoin address?  I'm going to do some searching..

[EDIT]

Found it.  There's a register link...

You can also register the other alternative coins (i0c, ixc, dvc) and make a few more bitcents a day. If you don't have wallets for them just link them to your deposit wallets at vircurex. If you don't have a vircurex account you are free to use my referral.  Wink

https://vircurex.com/register?referral_id=681-496
mdude77
Legendary

View Profile
May 09, 2012, 02:43:23 AM

Technically yes, but just have a backup pool such as your own p2pool or another p2pool node.

I have my own p2pool as the backup.

You can also register the other alternative coins (i0c, ixc, dvc) and make a few more bitcents a day. If you don't have wallets for them just link them to your deposit wallets at vircurex. If you don't have a vircurex account you are free to use my referral.  Wink

https://vircurex.com/register?referral_id=681-496

Done!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.