Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 03:37:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ripple now worth more than Litecoin. Litecoin sell off in 3..2..1..  (Read 2551 times)
vipgelsi
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 02:04:32 AM

Ripple is a joke they just printed more like the fed.
TheWhale

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 03:23:15 AM

Nope. There is a fixed amount of XRP just like there is a fixed amount of BTC.

#clueless
SamWalters

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Sam Mother Fuckin' Walters

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2014, 03:25:42 AM

yep, litecoin community is barely around

Sounds like you didn't read up on what was going on...

I support Magi the first anti-botnet mining network to give regular miners the fair chance of mining. Talk to #Magi on IRC: https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.freenode.net/#magi or on BitcoinTalk: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=735170.0
misterbigg
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 03:43:17 AM

Just the opposite, all the XRP that can ever exist have already been created, and they are now being destroyed (to pay for transaction fees).

Check out:
http://www.ripplecharts.com/#/

38,357 XRP have been destroyed since Ripple's inception.

identtitentti

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 04:39:07 AM

Just the opposite, all the XRP that can ever exist have already been created, and they are now being destroyed (to pay for transaction fees).

Check out:
http://www.ripplecharts.com/#/

38,357 XRP have been destroyed since Ripple's inception.

Just became aware of that myself too. The main purpose of XRP is to prevent spam. So, when all XRP have been distributed and then destroyed as transaction fees, how is the network supposed to work???
identtitentti

Activity: 56

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 04:44:13 AM

Ripple is not a crypto currency /Thread closed.

Agreed to a degree, and I presume the marketcap rise is because the two banks that adopted Ripple needed to buy lots of XRP for transactions etc. In block chain world the definitions and boundaries of "currency", "asset" etc. are not at all clear.
ahbritto

Activity: 132

Ripple

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2014, 04:47:35 AM

The main purpose of XRP is to prevent spam. So, when all XRP have been distributed and then destroyed as transaction fees, how is the network supposed to work???
XRP protects the network, acts as a vehicle currency, and funds the development and promotion of the protocol and network.

Not all XRP will be destroyed as fees. XRP is, likely, lost more rapidly than it is destroyed due to fees. The fees can be lowered. And like BTC, divisibility makes losses not a concern. XRP is currently divisible to 6 places.

Learn more about XRP here:
TheMage

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

Litecoin Association Director

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 06:03:46 AM

The main purpose of XRP is to prevent spam. So, when all XRP have been distributed and then destroyed as transaction fees, how is the network supposed to work???
XRP protects the network, acts as a vehicle currency, and funds the development and promotion of the protocol and network.

Not all XRP will be destroyed as fees. XRP is, likely, lost more rapidly than it is destroyed due to fees. The fees can be lowered. And like BTC, divisibility makes losses not a concern. XRP is currently divisible to 6 places.

Learn more about XRP here:

Simple question, is or is not ripple a currency (A simple yes or no). I want an answer from you directly since you seem directly tied to the ripple project. Trolls need not reply.

Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/TheRealMage for Litecoin and Litecoin Association news!
ahbritto

Ripple

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2014, 06:52:45 AM

Simple question, is or is not ripple a currency (A simple yes or no). I want an answer from you directly since you seem directly tied to the ripple project. Trolls need not reply.

"XRP is a math-based currency that is native to the Ripple network..."
- https://www.ripplelabs.com/xrp-distribution/
profitofthegods

Activity: 378

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2014, 09:45:01 AM

So basically you just make purchases like normal on this card and you can accumulate XRP at no cost and no risk? Sounds like a pretty good deal to me.

Not quite like normal. You can fund the card with BTC, gold, or whatever.

I thought this card had to be funded with Euros? That was one of the reasons I didn't get one.
CryptoGuu

Activity: 321

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 09:56:02 AM

you guys don't understand that LTC is going down with BTC and going up with BTC. Bitcoin sell off in 3..2..1...

Nullu

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 10:11:07 AM

The very idea of Ripple just disturbs me on so many levels. Overcomplicated, centralised, and it's not a cryptocurrency.

BTC - 14kYyhhWZwSJFHAjNTtyhRVSu157nE92gF
newflesh

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 10:21:32 AM

i never got into ripple i heard and read alot of negative things

You'd be correct. Ripple is a centralized turd of a 'currency'. It goes against everything bitcoin stands for, no way in hell I'd even consider buying into this shitcoin.
ahbritto

Ripple

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2014, 10:31:25 AM

I thought this card had to be funded with Euros? That was one of the reasons I didn't get one.
The cornerstone of Ripple is currency choice. Senders can spend whatever currency they want and receivers can receive whatever currency they want.

Some so-called libertarians don't want currency choice. They want everyone to be forced to use a single currency.
noma

Activity: 182

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 02:04:11 PM

I hardly see Ripple on any exchanges. WHat exchnages can you trde btc for ripple?

▓▓▓▓    New Real-time Cryptocurrency Exchange             → CREATE  ACCOUNT ▓▓▓▓
▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅  BIT-X.com  ▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅
▓▓▓▓    Supported Currencies: BTC, LTC, USD, EUR, GBP → OFFICIAL THREAD ▓▓▓▓
newuser01

Activity: 434

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 02:08:15 PM

Is it true that if I buy XRP they can be taken from me without my consent? not by anyone but by the owners of Ripple

meaning that it is not decentralized and you don't really own any XRP.. you only share them with the owners and trust that they will not take them back?
profitofthegods

Activity: 378

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2014, 02:10:32 PM

I hardly see Ripple on any exchanges. WHat exchnages can you trde btc for ripple?

Justcoin, Kraken, Poloniex, The Rock Trading, RippleFox, Coinex.nz, and others.

Is it true that if I buy XRP they can be taken from me without my consent? not by anyone but by the owners of Ripple

meaning that it is not decentralized and you don't really own any XRP.. you only share them with the owners and trust that they will not take them back?

No, that is not true.
xmasdobo

Activity: 168

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 02:40:50 PM

Who could trust Ripple after the big sellout from a dev incident? I wouldn't touch this coin with a stick, and im not touching LTC neither, both doomedcoins.
bibbit

Activity: 58

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 05:15:18 AM

No, that is not true. XRP is a crypto currency, and you need an account's secret crypto key to do anything with the XRP held by that account. The validator network validates the cryptographic signatures on transactions and only accepts those that are properly signed with the correct keys.
newuser01

Activity: 434

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 10:31:51 AM

No, that is not true. XRP is a crypto currency, and you need an account's secret crypto key to do anything with the XRP held by that account. The validator network validates the cryptographic signatures on transactions and only accepts those that are properly signed with the correct keys.

What about this?

https://wiki.ripple.com/Freeze

I wouldn't say you own XRP's if someone else can freeze them..
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: